How is Russia faring in Ukraine?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Ciams
captain of 100

Re: How is Russia faring in Ukraine?

Post by Ciams »

spiritMan wrote: February 26th, 2022, 9:21 am SMH.

Dude Russia has tactical nukes and hypersonics. A NATO response unleashes nuclear war.

Are you take that stupid?
Russia would not use nuclear weapons against the US or NATO if we pushed Russian forces out of most of Ukraine but didn't retake some of the seperatist regions or Crimea. That would be more likely if we moved across the Russian border. But who knows.

The smart move, if wearing my general's hat, would be to leave Ukraine to tie up the Russians and move across Belarus from Poland and cut off the Russian supply lines there and into northern Ukraine. If the bulk of Russian forces move deep into Ukraine that would leave them with no line of retreat or additional support. You'd see 100,000 strong invasion force surrender in a matter of days.

Of course, no idea, what we have in Poland that could accomplish this. Again, people saying this is crazy because Russia has nukes, guess what, so do we. Russia will not respond with nuclear weapons over a military defeat in Ukraine. They didn't nuke Chechnya or Afghanistan. The US didn't nuke North Korea. It's just not going to happen even when military set backs are faced.

It's a deterrent that once you use, it, game over. Having your forces pushed out of or surrender in the Ukraine is not game over territory.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

spiritMan wrote: February 26th, 2022, 9:26 pm
Niemand wrote: February 26th, 2022, 4:40 pm
spiritMan wrote: February 26th, 2022, 8:35 am
Lexew1899 wrote: February 26th, 2022, 7:03 am An interesting map someone made, showing how the US did in Iraq after 48 hours, vs Russia. Keep in mind Ukraine is about twice as big as Iraq.
Yes Ukraine is closer to the size of Texas. It's a 6 hour drive from Kharkov to Kiev. It's about 8 hours from Odessa to Kiev. The roads in Ukraine are also not the best, in the cities it is decent outside no.

Military has to sleep, eat, rest fight, conquer move on. The only way this was going to end within a few days was if Russia could convince Ukraine to surrender. Ukraine will lose this fight.

Why? They are a joke. A week ago no one in Ukraine thought Russia would invade. Their President made a joke about it and made a joke about getting nuclear weapons right before the invasion! How stupid can you get.

The civilian population doesn't have weapons. This isn't Iraq or Afghanistan were civilians have had access to weapons for years. Kiev handed out 10000 AKs and 2 boxes of ammo. That's not being serious.

What 50-100 rounds that's not going to do Jack. People claiming Russia has run out of gas. Come on people...again not serious.

This war is a forgone conclusion, it just a matter of how many people die getting there....and for what?

This could have easily been prevented but no the US wanted to play tough guy and bully Russia around. Now China is conducting military exercises from Sunday to Tues in the south China sea.

This is big boys politics and our idiot leaders are driving to war.
There are a lot of guns in the Ukraine, just, ahem, old and unofficial. Russia isn't the only place with a rampant mafia. There are weapons hidden in the Ukraine dating back to WW2 & the Ukrainian insurgency going into the 1950s, and a few from the collapse of the USSR thirty years ago.
Sure, but not your common citizen. Even in 2014 in the coup, the people overthrowing the government didn't have guns; there was a lot more going behind the scenes from our spies...
You'd be surprised. A country with a lot of crime means a country with a lot of illegal firearms. More than somewhere like Australia, say.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

blitzinstripes wrote: February 26th, 2022, 5:43 am It appears as if our preliminary efforts to boost Ukraine air defense had been a big part of their success so far. I think Russia underestimated Ukraine's capabilities. Reports this morning seem to indicate increasing weaponry being supplied from NATO forces across the western borders in Poland and Hungary.

I would not underestimate men who are fighting to defend their families and homes from invasion. I am proud of Zelensky and his willingness to stand with his people and not flee. Would Joe be standing there with a rifle beside us if WE were invaded? I doubt it. I hope NATO can continue to funnel them the support they need. I'm watching this unfold, as I believe there is a lot we can learn from it. Heaven forbid we ever see warfare like this in our own streets in our own lifetimes.
I find it interesting Russian tactics too.... that as they sent in troops they also did a cyber attack as well. They air dropped soldiers to key points like airports for occupation. This seems stupid to me because how easy would it be to surround the troops and kill them.

They did not shut off all communications thoughout the country because citizens are still able to call out with their smart phones

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Feels more like a smash-and-grab right now than an actual invasion. Could this be Putin trying to get something important?

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: February 27th, 2022, 6:59 am Feels more like a smash-and-grab right now than an actual invasion. Could this be Putin trying to get something important?
After 3 days they made significant advances. It still seems like they are trying to severe the country into two, along ethnic lines, or Novorussia .

It is important to remember that just a year ago the Ukrainian government essentially made Russians 2nd tier citizens, in their Nativist caste system. According to Putin's speech, he sees himself as rescuing ethnic Russians from extermination.
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/ukraine ... es/2291885
I don't foresee a long occupation of Ukraine. I think they mainly want the peace treaty and NATO buffer. It looks like Peace talks are actually already in the works too.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 24381.html

It took the Coalition forces 3 weeks to take Bagdad. Russia is on the precipice of victory in 3 days of battle. I think it is going pretty well, despite what the mainstream media is saying.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

B, b, b, but CNN said it was going poorly for Putin?
Kiev Mayor Says City Now "Fully Surrounded, Under Siege" Making Evacuation Impossible
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... rus-border

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Attachments
Screenshot_20220227-141619.png
Screenshot_20220227-141619.png (191.98 KiB) Viewed 508 times

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.econom ... an-assault

Screenshot_20220227-144520.png
Screenshot_20220227-144520.png (559.14 KiB) Viewed 494 times

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

blitzinstripes wrote: February 26th, 2022, 9:19 am Go back and ready post again as you apparently lack comprehension. I said a unified NATO response.

You sure sound as if you are a Putin/ Russia cheerleader. You will be on the wrong side of history. They are the clear aggressor in this conflict and the entire free world is condemning them now.

No sane person wants a war. But a mighty and swift military action against Russia could cripple them and end this conflict BEFORE it costs millions of lives. If the world had responded with force to Germany in 1938, millions of lives would have been spared.
Dude, if NATO gets involved directly, Germany becomes a wasteland (probably Ukraine too).

Putin invaded because the Ukraine is a strategic priority. Recall, if you will the Cuban missile crisis. This is the closest (so far) we've come to nuclear war, because it was a strategic priority for the US and would under no circumstance brook nuclear weapons on its doorstep. This is easy to understand, yes? Same is true for Russia with Ukraine. Putin won't back down, which is why he is summoning the specter of nuclear war already. The Cuban Missile Crisis is a comparable analog, not WWII. It should be easy for us Americans to recognize the situation Russia is in, but I guess we're too hypnotized by the propaganda spewed from our TV sets and forget our own history.

People need to take off their cowboy hats and take a sober, realistic view of what's going on and what's at stake. The best thing to do would be to broker a peace deal with Russia that guarantees (on paper) that Ukraine will remain neutral and never host missiles (from either side). But certain bloodthirsty people in the NATO side pushed them into a corner and this is where we're at. Any escalation will end badly for many, many people. There is nothing romantic about this. This won't have a Hollywood ending.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

1775peasant wrote: February 26th, 2022, 4:28 pm
Lexew1899 wrote: February 26th, 2022, 12:20 pm Image
must be a tingly feeling “feather in the cap”……to all those posting in camaraderie with Soros, eh?

but, but, but……
Soros is playing his part, just like Biden. These guys are bullying Putin so badly that he's got to start taking over other countries.

Russia has been busy distancing itself from the West for a long time, by setting up their own separate internet, and trying to move away from the dollar. If he really wanted his people isolated from the West, he could have done more of the same and built a wall. But no, the truth is that he is working with Soros and Biden in this fake East-West drama. The goal has always been to collapse the West. If Soros wants to keep his power, he needs a strong man to support. He's Hungarian - right in Russian's backyard!

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Pretty clear indication that Putin might be in the right.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Luke wrote: February 27th, 2022, 3:23 pm
Pretty clear indication that Putin might be in the right.
Kind of like this one.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Escalating bread and circuses. Good to hear some of the main puppet masters chime in. They bring so much credibility to the table.

I do sometimes speak sarcastically.

Lemarque
captain of 100

Post by Lemarque »

Some observations I've seen about how Russia is doing:

From Mike Cernovich:
"Russia has been through multiple serious military actions in the past couple of decades. Look at the equipment they use in Syria and Chechnya. Compare it to these old tanks in Kyiv. Make it make sense."
From Michael Millerman:
"Russia is losing horribly.
Ukraine's capital is surrounded.
These two messages coexist on the timeline of every analyst posting today. How reconcilable are they?"
From BowTiedRanger:
"Has anyone seen footage of a single Ukraine-Russia firefight?

It’s been days now.

I’ve seen videos of Zelensky drinking coffee in Ukraine but haven’t seen a single video of a legit gun fight.

Even the Taliban had combat cameras & GoPros in Afghanistan.

What is going on?

Everyone who has sent me clips ended up sending firefights from years ago in the Middle East.

If you cannot correctly identify what part of the world the clip is from or when it was created, you should take a deep breath and think twice before spreading misinformation."
From James Lindsay:
"I support the everyday Ukrainian people, none of the governments involved, and think Zelensky is a Psy-Ops."
From Jordan Schatchtel:
"I wonder how much of recorded history is fake news, like the "heroes of snake island" narrative, which in 2022, was debunked in a day."
And then this long one from Bryan Dean Wright:
"We’re a few days into the Russia / Ukraine war. Here’s what I see.

Putin’s fundamental calculus hasn’t changed: The West is weak — mil & economically. Europe desperately needs his oil & gas. That won’t change for years. Sanctions are uncomfortable but bearable. He saw more coming, and planned for it. Ukraine is (still) ripe for the taking. Putin’s most critical partner — China — remains on board.

The West’s pressure campaign on Beijing is a joke. Biden & Co are corrupt & have little leverage. Xi will continue to watch, and look for ways to benefit. Taking Taiwan is tantalizing. But premature as of now.

Putin didn’t expect effective resistance in Ukraine. He prob assumed defenses would more or less crumble. His conventional military strategy matches this assumption… It appears designed to limit major destruction in order to benefit a new regime in Kiev he’d control. Putin also assumed Kiev would fall before the West would send major weaponry that would bog him down. But. Europe is now organizing a mil response that may / may not arrive in time.

That’s a credible escalation. So Putin’s escalating in return: putting his nuke forces on alert. Will Putin use nukes? “Experts” say no. I say maybe. Putin put it all on the line with this invasion — including his life, as he knows he’s a dead man if it fails. Desperate men do desperate things.

The West is in hilariously bad shape. After 20 years of ignoring the Russian threat, the scramble is on in Europe. Cool. Too late. Pour out the vodka if it makes you feel better, I guess. Best outcome: those Western weapons get to Ukraine and make Putin bleed. Sue for peace.

Ukraine propaganda is good. Pres. Zelenskyy has stones. He’s playing a weak hand well, using social media to shame Europe into supporting him with real weapons. But while propaganda makes for good clicks, it’s largely background noise.

The Biden Regime will continue to send cash & weaponry — the default USG foreign policy — as nobody knows what to do. Mil Industrial Complex has its new cash cow. Politicians will talk tough, donations will flow. Americans will be focused on inflation — not Kiev, or corruption.

In the next few days & weeks, I’m looking for:

1) Putin’s choice of weapons. If he uses thermobaric stuff, his strategy of “limit damage” has changed.

2) China’s statements. Cracks in the Xi / Putin alliance — anything neg from Beijing — increase chances that Russia backs down.

3) Unexpected high impact events.

Wars can turn on a dime via the mundane (collapsed logistics lines), horrific attacks / accidents (new Chernobyl spill, destroyed children’s hospital, etc), or surprise moves by adversaries (NATO announces their nukes in Ukraine).

4) China’s moves on Taiwan.

Xi wants Taiwan as bad as Putin wants Ukraine. Xi is more patient and calculated, however. Still, he has hawk advisors who are chomping at the bit. They’ve waited for this moment of Western weakness for a long time. They hate us more than you know.

Upshot: this is a wildly dangerous and unpredictable time. Whatever this new world is, it ain’t gonna be a nice one for a long while."

1775peasant
captain of 100

Post by 1775peasant »

Sarah wrote: February 27th, 2022, 2:10 pm
must be a tingly feeling “feather in the cap”……to all those posting in camaraderie with Soros, eh?

but, but, but……
Soros is playing his part, just like Biden. These guys are bullying Putin so badly that he's got to start taking over other countries.

Russia has been busy distancing itself from the West for a long time, by setting up their own separate internet, and trying to move away from the dollar. If he really wanted his people isolated from the West, he could have done more of the same and built a wall. But no, the truth is that he is working with Soros and Biden in this fake East-West drama. The goal has always been to collapse the West. If Soros wants to keep his power, he needs a strong man to support. He's Hungarian - right in Russian's backyard!

so now ur a comedian?

u may wanna check that Country list from which Soros is banned from, that’s some years old now……

but, but, but…..meanwhile all the Globalists line up against Putin……and still some double/triple/CENTUPLE down with the Bolshevik Satanists……kinda like that meme about...being on the Titanic and sending post cards for others to join ya…..

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

1775peasant wrote: February 27th, 2022, 8:01 pm
Sarah wrote: February 27th, 2022, 2:10 pm

but, but, but……

so now ur a comedian?

u may wanna check that Country list from which Soros is banned from, that’s some years old now……

but, but, but…..meanwhile all the Globalists line up against Putin……and still some double/triple/CENTUPLE down with the Bolshevik Satanists……kinda like that meme about...being on the Titanic and sending post cards for others to join ya…..
Soros may simply be an ideological liberal - who knows. Simply pointing out a fact. Lots of accusations of Western elites lying, but it never occurs to people that they lie when they say they are against Russia... (hint hint - they are actually closet communists or simply opportunists hoping for some of the spoils when Russia and China take over)

Here's some statments by Soros that make it seem like he knows what's coming...

""China has risen very rapidly by looking out for its own interests ... They have now got to accept responsibility for world order and the interests of other people as well." Regarding the political gridlock in America, he said, "Today, China has not only a more vigorous economy but actually a better functioning government than the United States."[246] In July 2015, Soros stated that a "strategic partnership between the US and China could prevent the evolution of two power blocks that may be drawn into military conflict".[247]

"In July 2015, Soros stated that Putin's annexation of Crimea was a challenge to the "prevailing world order," specifically the European Union. He hypothesized that Putin wants to "destabilize all of Ukraine by precipitating a financial and political collapse for which he can disclaim responsibility, while avoiding occupation of a part of eastern Ukraine, which would then depend on Russia for economic support."[247]

Does it really sound like Soros expects to control Russia or China?

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

“The office of Ukraine’s president has confirmed that a delegation will meet with Russian officials as Moscow’s troops draw closer to Kyiv“

https://archive.vn/Vw7MU#selection-2295.21-2295.159

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Kiev surrounded by miles and miles of heavy armor. The initial strategy of sending in small convoys may have been to attract the Javelin rockets, pulverizing old equipment from the 1960’s into rust and dust (i.e. cannon fodder). The next 48 hours will prove crucial, for peace talks, and to see how far into the capital Russian forces can actually penetrate.

Putin placing his nuclear weapons on high alert, seems to draw ire from his own generals, army general Valery Gerasimov and defence minister Sergey Shoygu.

The clock is ticking. Putin will either be a hero to the Russians, or a giant embarrassment for generations to come.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

While missing from the world for several days, Biden seen feebly walking around the White House lawn today; wearing a mask all alone, with knees bending in ways many compared to Pinocchio on strings.
Although he was too frightened to talk with his fawning press, Jen Psaki says no to "no-fly" zone.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Ukraine claims Putin has used the Father of All Bombs today. A thermobaric, or vacuum bomb. Considered to be the strongest conventional bomb in the world. A step down from nuclear weapons.
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/u ... -on-monday
What is a vacuum bomb?

truefreedom
captain of 100

Post by truefreedom »

'
I think this guy does a really good job of explaining what is happening.
He is living in Kiev, Ukraine

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

truefreedom wrote: February 28th, 2022, 8:26 pm '
I think this guy does a really good job of explaining what is happening.
He is living in Kiev, Ukraine
The guy gives himself away as a professional progagandist when he says his best friend is with The Duran, which site is run by another Russian propagandist, which I did a post on. The guys have ties to RT. These guys always explain things perfectly because they know what is going on and have that insider information.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

How is life going for the random person in Ukraine right now? Mainly sitting around in basements of old, decrepit USSR buildings, hoping to not die off by a stray rocket or two. Playing Monopoly and checking social media.
Russia seems to be digging in its heels. Putin signed a 30 year oil deal with Xi, bypassing the Euro oil market and Petro-Dollar sanctions. What had been described as a 4, then, 10, then 15 mile convoy, is now being labeled a 40 mile convoy of Russia's best hardware. Perhaps Putin did send in his lowest IQ recruits and old UAZ-469's to absorb the US javelin rockets first?

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

What I don't understand is why the so-called 40-mile convoy isn't being subject to a massive and relentless aerial and artillery assault. It's not like Ukraine wasn't in a position to set that up in advance, rather than just roll-out the red carpet to Kyiv. The conventional narrative makes no sense -- for any serious and legitimate defensive military operation by Ukraine.
Last edited by tmac on March 1st, 2022, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

tmac wrote: March 1st, 2022, 8:45 am What I don't understand is why the so-called 40-mile convoy isn't being subject to a massive and merciless aerial and artillery assault. It's not like Ukraine wasn't in a position to set that up in advance, rather than just roll-out the red carpet to Kyiv. The narrative makes no sense -- for any serious and legitimate defensive military operation by Ukraine.
Ukraine’s air forces are pretty weak and Russians have already set up pretty good air defense. Ukraine have artillery that could strike there, but they don't likely have eyes there to lead the fire. There are also some indications that the artillery has short of ammunition.
Ground forces could attack the convoy, but that is why the vehicles are so close to each other. They are not easy target for close combat. It seems that Russia has taken calculated move with the huge convoy.

Ukrainians have been quite successful with their use of drones they bought from Turkey. But they don't have an unlimited number of those either.