Esau and the holy trinity of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Esau and the holy trinity of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

Post by Pazooka »

Still reading in the General Epistle of Barnabas...where he describes the offering of the red heifer and how the “grown” men kill and burn the offering (representative of the Jews who killed Jesus) and then “young men”, afterward, took of the ashes and prepared the water for forgiveness and purification.
But why were there three young men appointed to sprinkle? To denote Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, because they were great before God. ~Barnabas 7:6
This got me thinking of all the times we reference “Abraham, Isaac and Jacob” and what that was all about. Why not Noah, Moses and Elijah or some other group? And then it hit me how much A, I & J align with Brigham Young’s exposition of the Godhood:

Abraham = God the Father of Adam, the mighty warrior
Isaac = the sacrificial son, redeemer of Adam
Jacob = the father of the tribes, great progenitor, Adam

I wonder if A, I & J have their stories told in such a way to shed light on the Grand Godhead, our forefathers in heaven?

And what makes it even more interesting is how Esau fits in - - the Lucifer figure - - brother NOT of Jesus but of Adam - - and an epic struggle over the birthright.

Obadiah 1 has draws parallels between Esau and Lucifer as well. It is speaking of Edom (family of Esau):
The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellers in the clefts of the rock...

Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the Lord...

For thy violence against thy brother Jacob shame shall cover thee, and thou shalt be cut off for ever...

And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble...

And saviors shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau: and the kingdom shall be the Lord’s.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Esau and the holy trinity of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

Post by Niemand »

Thread on the Epistle of Barnabas
viewtopic.php?t=69679