NEW MASK GUIDANCE FROM FP

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

NEW MASK GUIDANCE FROM FP

Post by endlessQuestions »

FF0E3CC1-492B-434F-B0A0-79AACCB71EE4.jpeg
FF0E3CC1-492B-434F-B0A0-79AACCB71EE4.jpeg (412.63 KiB) Viewed 1662 times

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: NEW MASK GUIDANCE FROM FP

Salvific work for my ancestors continues to be stymied due to the prejudicial policies of these leaders. Sigh.

Korsgaard46
captain of 50

Post by Korsgaard46 »

Haven't they always "encouraged" following the local directives? How is this new?

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

So, in other words, nothing has changed.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

It's all good!!!!!!

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

It boggles my mind that they still believe a cloth or paper square on the face will prevent a virus from escaping or being breathed in. Every single person on a session will come into contact with any viruses floating around, mask or no mask. Nelson and Renlund have to be the two most incompetent physicians ever.

Masks actually put people at risk, because some will go to the temple feeling like they may be getting sick, but assured they can’t spread a virus while wearing a mask.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Didn't the CDC disavow masks? Or was that only cloth ones?

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

I’m not going to say too much until i I can let the emotions settle, but the temple policy is just a continuation of illogical, fear based policy making. Denying healthy, worthy members the opportunity to do the work of salvation is not sound decision making.

JustDan
captain of 100

Post by JustDan »

Korsgaard46 wrote: February 18th, 2022, 10:51 am Haven't they always "encouraged" following the local directives? How is this new?
Because for a long time the church has been following US guidelines as instructed by Biden.

I presume this has been okayed by him.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Praise the Lord! We now have permission to listen to our local health and government officials!

Whew, glad we cleared that up.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Rereading this, it occurs to me that they have actually empowered Area Authorities to NOT comply with local regulations with the tacit approval of our ecclesiastical leaders.

In other words, my SP might say “I know the CDC says masks are not necessary, but we feel it’s still necessary”.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

“Heard the prayers of so many”

More exclusionary language. Anybody here been praying that we wouldn’t be able to navigate the plandemic?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

endlessismyname wrote: February 18th, 2022, 11:08 am Rereading this, it occurs to me that they have actually empowered Area Authorities to NOT comply with local regulations with the tacit approval of our ecclesiastical leaders.

In other words, my SP might say “I know the CDC says masks are not necessary, but we feel it’s still necessary”.
I’ve been saying this the whole time. They do not follow local guidelines. They go above the guidelines….The only places in my county I’m required to wear a mask is the hospital. No one but our church has been enforcing them.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

The language suggests that the direction provided regarding the pandemic was from the Lord Himself.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Mamabear wrote: February 18th, 2022, 11:17 am
endlessismyname wrote: February 18th, 2022, 11:08 am Rereading this, it occurs to me that they have actually empowered Area Authorities to NOT comply with local regulations with the tacit approval of our ecclesiastical leaders.

I’ve been saying this the whole time. They do not follow local guidelines. They go above the guidelines….The only places in my county I’m required to wear a mask is the hospital. No one but our church has been enforcing them.
Same here. Quite the shock when the only place I have to think about and fear a virus is in church.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

“where our desire is to keep temples open”…

Their desire? What about the Lord’s desire for all worthy members to be able to worship in His house?

Hard to not feel like Wendy’s germaphobia doesn’t have something to do with “their desire”…

Lemarque
captain of 100

Post by Lemarque »

I've been thinking about the guidance we've received over the past two years from our prophetic leaders.

When Covid hit, I thought that maybe God was using it as a call to repentance.

Luckily, we have the prophets, seers, and revelators to guide us through these trying times.

With this statement, as well as all of the previous statements from the church leaders regarding Covid, there is only one logical conclusion.

The sin we need to repent of is not trusting the government enough.

crabman
captain of 100

Post by crabman »

It's interesting the difference between a masked person and an unmasked person. The masked person continually adjusts and touches the mask, which has been accumulating a concentration of warm, exhaled air, full of any microbes or viruses the person may have. The constant touching and adjusting of the mask means their hands are now far more likely to carry whatever microbes the have than a non-masked person, who just exhales freely as God intended and designed the body to work. No constant contamination of the hands by people not wearing masks. It's so stupid and obvious that it's difficult to believe it's still being pushed.

Halothane
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Halothane »

Lizzy60 wrote: February 18th, 2022, 10:52 am It boggles my mind that they still believe a cloth or paper square on the face will prevent a virus from escaping or being breathed in. Every single person on a session will come into contact with any viruses floating around, mask or no mask. Nelson and Renlund have to be the two most incompetent physicians ever.

Masks actually put people at risk, because some will go to the temple feeling like they may be getting sick, but assured they can’t spread a virus while wearing a mask.
As a doctor, this has 100% been in my mind from the beginning. I specialize in anesthesia and have been up close and personal with the covid sick and afflicted from day 1. I'm an airway expert and have treated 100's of patients if not 1000's. I've intubated more than I care to count.....We have NEVER worn the masks that 99.9999% of the population wears. Not even close. We use PAPRs and N95's. Regular masks don't do anything at preventing infection or transmission. They do not help at all. ZERO. The studies had concluded this for years before covid. Talk about not "following the science". You might as well have a rabbit's foot in your pocket or wear a pair of lucky boots. The effect would be the same. My colleagues and I sit back and have been baffled at public health officials literally making it up, and the public swallows it up. The FP response to this pandemic has really been a head-scratcher to me. Does not make any sense to me.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Post by darknesstolight »

If you want to see this change you need to not remain silent. Decide that Truth is more important than comfort or the acceptance of people.

If you are sincere and you speak what you know to ve true then God will sustain you and you have nothing to fear.

It's OK to lose your job. It's OK to lose money. Its OK to lose friends. It's OK if people are angry at you for being yourself. It's OK if you lose membership in the Church. It's OK if you are never allowed in the temple for being genuine and true to yourself.

Nothing that can happen to you as a result of standing for freedom and being your genuine self is as bad as remaining silent and doing nothing when you know you should do something.

God will sustain His children.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

endlessismyname wrote: February 18th, 2022, 10:57 am I’m not going to say too much until i I can let the emotions settle, but the temple policy is just a continuation of illogical, fear based policy making. Denying healthy, worthy members the opportunity to do the work of salvation is not sound decision making.
You still think that's what's going on in there?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Halothane wrote: February 18th, 2022, 11:36 am
Lizzy60 wrote: February 18th, 2022, 10:52 am It boggles my mind that they still believe a cloth or paper square on the face will prevent a virus from escaping or being breathed in. Every single person on a session will come into contact with any viruses floating around, mask or no mask. Nelson and Renlund have to be the two most incompetent physicians ever.

As a doctor, this has 100% been in my mind from the beginning. I specialize in anesthesia and have been up close and personal with the covid sick and afflicted from day 1. I'm an airway expert and have treated 100's of patients if not 1000's. I've intubated more than I care to count.....We have NEVER worn the masks that 99.9999% of the population wears. Not even close. We use PAPRs and N95's. Regular masks don't do anything at preventing infection or transmission. They do not help at all. ZERO. The studies had concluded this for years before covid. Talk about not "following the science". You might as well have a rabbit's foot in your pocket or wear a pair of lucky boots. The effect would be the same. My colleagues and I sit back and have been baffled at public health officials literally making it up, and the public swallows it up. The FP response to this pandemic has really been a head-scratcher to me. Does not make any sense to me.
I'm curious. As a doctor, have you shifted your focus to early treament with therapeutics?

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 18th, 2022, 11:48 am
endlessismyname wrote: February 18th, 2022, 10:57 am I’m not going to say too much until i I can let the emotions settle, but the temple policy is just a continuation of illogical, fear based policy making. Denying healthy, worthy members the opportunity to do the work of salvation is not sound decision making.
I’m simply trying to point out the lack of logic in their position. It doesn’t matter what I think about what’s going on in there.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

endlessismyname wrote: February 18th, 2022, 11:57 am
I’m simply trying to point out the lack of logic in their position. It doesn’t matter what I think about what’s going on in there.
I agree the logic is confusing... but it doesn't matter a hill of beans if what they deem to be "salvation" is worth less than said hill.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 18th, 2022, 12:01 pm
endlessismyname wrote: February 18th, 2022, 11:57 am
I agree the logic is confusing... but it doesn't matter a hill of beans if what they deem to be "salvation" is worth less than said hill.
Different argument, but yes, you’re correct.