new here

Tell us about yourself...
Narnia
captain of 50

new here

Post by Narnia »

I joined the LDS church 38 years ago while in a university. I went to protestant churches with friends occasionally and learned how to pray since 5th grade. Sometimes, I noticed and realized my prayers were answered. However, I did not want to be baptized into a church because I wasn’t sure if it’s just coincident those prayers were answered or there is really a God? If there is a God, why there are so many different churches and each church interprets the Bible differently? Long story short, a few months after I asked “God, where are thou?’, he sent two Mormon sister missionaries to knock my door! I read the Book of Mormon and prayed to ask Heavenly Father if the Book of Mormon is true, if LDS church is his true church, and if what the lessons the missionaries taught me were true. I prayed and fast with strong DESIRE to know the truth. Heavenly Father answered my prayer! I have a testimony that the Book of Mormon is true, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is His true church restored on earth! I was so happy to find the truth! I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior! I know the work of the Temple is true.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: new here

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Welcome! This forum may be a bumpy ride.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Narnia wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 3:53 pm I joined the LDS church 38 years ago while in a university. I went to protestant churches with friends occasionally and learned how to pray since 5th grade. Sometimes, I noticed and realized my prayers were answered. However, I did not want to be baptized into a church because I wasn’t sure if it’s just coincident those prayers were answered or there is really a God? If there is a God, why there are so many different churches and each church interprets the Bible differently? Long story short, a few months after I asked “God, where are thou?’, he sent two Mormon sister missionaries to knock my door! I read the Book of Mormon and prayed to ask Heavenly Father if the Book of Mormon is true, if LDS church is his true church, and if what the lessons the missionaries taught me were true. I prayed and fast with strong DESIRE to know the truth. Heavenly Father answered my prayer! I have a testimony that the Book of Mormon is true, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is His true church restored on earth! I was so happy to find the truth! I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior! I know the work of the Temple is true.
Welcome!

I also have a strong testimony of the Book. Of .Mormon.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Narnia wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 3:53 pm I joined the LDS church 38 years ago while in a university. I went to protestant churches with friends occasionally and learned how to pray since 5th grade. Sometimes, I noticed and realized my prayers were answered. However, I did not want to be baptized into a church because I wasn’t sure if it’s just coincident those prayers were answered or there is really a God? If there is a God, why there are so many different churches and each church interprets the Bible differently? Long story short, a few months after I asked “God, where are thou?’, he sent two Mormon sister missionaries to knock my door! I read the Book of Mormon and prayed to ask Heavenly Father if the Book of Mormon is true, if LDS church is his true church, and if what the lessons the missionaries taught me were true. I prayed and fast with strong DESIRE to know the truth. Heavenly Father answered my prayer! I have a testimony that the Book of Mormon is true, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is His true church restored on earth! I was so happy to find the truth! I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior! I know the work of the Temple is true.
Glad you found us(this forum)! I'm grateful that sincere disciples of our Savior Jesus Christ find their way here to this little corner of the internets.
I appreciate and love that you share with us your bold testimony and how you got it. 👍🙏

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

Run!!

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 4:38 pm Welcome! This forum may be a bumpy ride.
Actually, I did have two experiences of very bumpy rides in an airplane. The first one was on top of the Pacific Ocean and it was my first time to ride an airplane. Some people really screamed and screamed. I was calm.

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

BroJones wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 4:50 pm
Welcome!

I also have a strong testimony of the Book. Of .Mormon.
Yes. I love the Book of Mormon. My favorite LDS movie is “The TESTAMENTS of One Fold and One Shepherd”. It touches me so much always to see the part of the resurrected Jesus Christ visited the people of Nephi in America continent!

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Narnia wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 8:20 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 4:38 pm Welcome! This forum may be a bumpy ride.
Actually, I did have two experiences of very bumpy rides in an airplane. The first one was on top of the Pacific Ocean and it was my first time to ride an airplane. Some people really screamed and screamed. I was calm.
Sounds like you're up to the challenge 8-)

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

Cruiserdude wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 4:57 pm
Glad you found us(this forum)! I'm grateful that sincere disciples of our Savior Jesus Christ find their way here to this little corner of the internets.
I appreciate and love that you share with us your bold testimony and how you got it. 👍🙏
Thanks! “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you” (Matthew 7:7)

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

True wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 8:09 pm
Run!!
Be careful, not to trip over ;)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Unfortunately the church is only half true.

The most correct book, if Part 3 wasn’t complete pigswill. :lol:

Fortunately the DS has arrived on the scene and the silence shall soon end.

The great and dreadful day doth loom large upon the event horizon.

Great for some, and most dreadful for others. :P

3*8**

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

The way things are going, it looks like I will be back in a Protestant church. Particularly if I get blocked from entering by "vaccine" passports.

I'm sorry to say that much as I like LDS doctrine some objectionable things have crept in.

You might be interested in this C.S. Lewis thread I posted a while back.
viewtopic.php?p=1173359#p1173359

I have had a few bumpy rides myself, but that's partly down to our local council not maintaining the roads. The flight into Kathmandu I took many years ago was something else though. Oh dear.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Hi, and welcome. You've had an interesting journey. That's wonderful. Any experience we gain (good or bad) is for our benefit and blessing. We don't always understand why or when that will help us, but I feel that it does. One piece of advice, which you can most certainly toss, is to remember to build your foundation upon the Savior and his doctrine. That may sound a bit odd, but I've come to my own realization that men often tell me what Christ's doctrine is when he didn't in reality authorize some of it. All men are imperfect. Learn all the good you can, set aside all that the Spirit does not confirm to your heart, and allow the Spirit to purify and refine your soul. The plan of Elohim is beautiful.

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

Niemand wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 3:51 am The way things are going, it looks like I will be back in a Protestant church. Particularly if I get blocked from entering by "vaccine" passports.

I'm sorry to say that much as I like LDS doctrine some objectionable things have crept in.

I have had a few bumpy rides myself, but that's partly down to our local council not maintaining the roads. The flight into Kathmandu I took many years ago was something else though. Oh dear.
I understand what you mean. Last summer, I received an email from my ward and it said that vaxxed members won't need to wear mask, but unvaxed ones need to wear mask in our next Sunday meetings. I was so upset! I wrote an email to bishop right away. Why do we treat unvaxx members like lepers? Poor bishop had to read my rants and frustration. It’s not his fault. It’s the government’s fault. I live in one of the most liberal areas in the country. Our leaders are just follow the orders of the government. If they don’t follow the order of the government, what would happen? Church would be shut down, church properties would be seized, law suits pile up, …., the list could go on?

Considering this in the Official Declaration 1:
“The Lord has told me to ask the Latter-day Saints a question, and He also told me that if they would listen to what I said to them and answer the question put to them, by the Spirit and power of God, they would all answer alike, and they would all believe alike with regard to this matter.
The question is this: Which is the wisest course for the Latter-day Saints to pursue—to continue to attempt to practice plural marriage, with the laws of the nation against it and the opposition of sixty millions of people, and at the cost of the confiscation and loss of all the Temples, and the stopping of all the ordinances therein, both for the living and the dead, and the imprisonment of the First Presidency and Twelve and the heads of families in the Church, and the confiscation of personal property of the people (all of which of themselves would stop the practice); or, after doing and suffering what we have through our adherence to this principle to cease the practice and submit to the law, and through doing so leave the Prophets, Apostles and fathers at home, so that they can instruct the people and attend to the duties of the Church, and also leave the Temples in the hands of the Saints, so that they can attend to the ordinances of the Gospel, both for the living and the dead? The Lord showed me by vision and revelation exactly what would take place if we did not stop this practice. If we had not stopped it, you would have had no use for … any of the men in this temple at Logan; for all ordinances would be stopped throughout the land of Zion. Confusion would reign throughout Israel, and many men would be made prisoners. This trouble would have come upon the whole Church, and we should have been compelled to stop the practice. Now, the question is, whether it should be stopped in this manner, or in the way the Lord has manifested to us, and leave our Prophets and Apostles and fathers free men, and the temples in the hands of the people, so that the dead may be redeemed. A large number has already been delivered from the prison house in the spirit world by this people, and shall the work go on or stop? This is the question I lay before the Latter-day Saints. You have to judge for yourselves. I want you to answer it for yourselves. I shall not answer it; but I say to you that that is exactly the condition we as a people would have been in had we not taken the course we have.”

Aren’t our church leaders prophet and apostles in the similar situation if not worse now?

After 3 Sundays not attending in person sacrament meeting due to that lepers policy(home sacrament were still authorized last year here), I decided I should go back to in person meeting. I prayed to Heavenly Father to help me to go to His church no matter what because I know this is His true church and I need his help to endure to the end. I went back to in person sacramenting and had my mask on.

Thank you for the link to your thread. Yes, I do like the Chronicle of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
It sounds like your flight to Kathmandu was an adventure!

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Narnia wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 9:14 pm
Niemand wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 3:51 am The way things are going, it looks like I will be back in a Protestant church. Particularly if I get blocked from entering by "vaccine" passports.

I understand what you mean. Last summer, I received an email from my ward and it said that vaxxed members won't need to wear mask, but unvaxed ones need to wear mask in our next Sunday meetings. I was so upset! I wrote an email to bishop right away. Why do we treat unvaxx members like lepers? Poor bishop had to read my rants and frustration. It’s not his fault. It’s the government’s fault. I live in one of the most liberal areas in the country. Our leaders are just follow the orders of the government. If they don’t follow the order of the government, what would happen? Church would be shut down, church properties would be seized, law suits pile up, …., the list could go on?

“The Lord has told me to ask the Latter-day Saints a question, and He also told me that if they would listen to what I said to them and answer the question put to them, by the Spirit and power of God, they would all answer alike, and they would all believe alike with regard to this matter.
The question is this: Which is the wisest course for the Latter-day Saints to pursue—to continue to attempt to practice plural marriage, with the laws of the nation against it and the opposition of sixty millions of people, and at the cost of the confiscation and loss of all the Temples, and the stopping of all the ordinances therein, both for the living and the dead, and the imprisonment of the First Presidency and Twelve and the heads of families in the Church, and the confiscation of personal property of the people (all of which of themselves would stop the practice); or, after doing and suffering what we have through our adherence to this principle to cease the practice and submit to the law, and through doing so leave the Prophets, Apostles and fathers at home, so that they can instruct the people and attend to the duties of the Church, and also leave the Temples in the hands of the Saints, so that they can attend to the ordinances of the Gospel, both for the living and the dead? The Lord showed me by vision and revelation exactly what would take place if we did not stop this practice. If we had not stopped it, you would have had no use for … any of the men in this temple at Logan; for all ordinances would be stopped throughout the land of Zion. Confusion would reign throughout Israel, and many men would be made prisoners. This trouble would have come upon the whole Church, and we should have been compelled to stop the practice. Now, the question is, whether it should be stopped in this manner, or in the way the Lord has manifested to us, and leave our Prophets and Apostles and fathers free men, and the temples in the hands of the people, so that the dead may be redeemed. A large number has already been delivered from the prison house in the spirit world by this people, and shall the work go on or stop? This is the question I lay before the Latter-day Saints. You have to judge for yourselves. I want you to answer it for yourselves. I shall not answer it; but I say to you that that is exactly the condition we as a people would have been in had we not taken the course we have.”

Aren’t our church leaders prophet and apostles in the similar situation if not worse now?

After 3 Sundays not attending in person sacrament meeting due to that lepers policy(home sacrament were still authorized last year here), I decided I should go back to in person meeting. I prayed to Heavenly Father to help me to go to His church no matter what because I know this is His true church and I need his help to endure to the end. I went back to in person sacramenting and had my mask on.

Thank you for the link to your thread. Yes, I do like the Chronicle of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
Wilford f-ed up big time here though.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Luke wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 10:19 pm

Whatever one thinks of polygamy, it is certainly the biggest compromise that the LDS has made with the US government. At least until recently.

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

I do NOT want to see f word here! use a clean language!

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Narnia wrote: February 4th, 2022, 8:37 pm

That is why I censored it :)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Narnia wrote: February 4th, 2022, 8:37 pm I do NOT want to see f word here! use a clean language!
You can read it as "fouled up big time" - there you go. It's not a swearword and it makes sense.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/foul-up
foul up verb

1: to make dirty : CONTAMINATE
2: to spoil by making mistakes or using poor judgment : CONFUSE
3: ENTANGLE, BLOCK
fouled up communications
intransitive verb

: to cause a foul-up : BUNGLE
it was his fault. He had fouled up
— Pat Frank
Def. 2 fits this sentence.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Narnia, although not required in our ward, mask-wearing has been requested by our Stake Pres'y and Bishop, for the present. BUT - a mask of one's choosing is fine.

So I wear a mask with a message. The one that got the most comments is, "Keep America Great" to which I added, in red lettering, Ether 2:12. One of my favorite scriptures.

I have been roundly criticized on this forum for wearing a mask, but I CHOOSE to speak out/express myself in this manner. The masks I wear at Church have all been modified to have one thin layer of cloth, easy to breathe through.

PS - sometimes I take the mask off, when 6-foot distanced - this is also fine with our Bishopric. Actually, although our Bishop wears a mask at Church on the stand, he is very lenient about it.

NW Missouri, Far West Stake.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

BroJones wrote: February 5th, 2022, 3:53 am Narnia, although not required in our ward, mask-wearing has been requested by our Stake Pres'y and Bishop, for the present. BUT - a mask of one's choosing is fine.

So I wear a mask with a message. The one that got the most comments is, "Keep America Great" to which I added, in red lettering, Ether 2:12. One of my favorite scriptures.

I have been roundly criticized on this forum for wearing a mask, but I CHOOSE to speak out/express myself in this manner. The masks I wear at Church have all been modified to have one thin layer of cloth, easy to breathe through.

PS - sometimes I take the mask off, when 6-foot distanced - this is also fine with our Bishopric. Actually, although our Bishop wears a mask at Church on the stand, he is very lenient about it.

NW Missouri, Far West Stake.
A lot of people complain about masks but I do think they are the least of our problems right now. Except for singing. Singing through one is ridiculous and impractical.

I am much more concerned about the clampdown on our civil rights, whether bodily autonomy or freedom in expression, movement and association. I know the mask can be seen as a behavioural re-enforcer, part of a slippery slope etc. However, I have removed a number of Covid and government notices from the building. Those things are everywhere. Even on our streets.

Even one of our judges here, Lord Braid, found that the Scottish Government's restrictions on religious worship had exceeded their authority. But he brought that in too late. I wish our church had had the guts to challenge it, but it took some Protestant and Catholic clergymen to bring this into the courts.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

Niemand wrote: February 5th, 2022, 4:19 am A lot of people complain about masks but I do think they are the least of our problems right now. Except for singing. Singing through one is ridiculous and impractical.
With respect I think you are missing the point of what masks represent and why they are so important to the Gads.

It's like someone in Berlin circa 1938 saying "personally I think the yellow star is the least of the Jews' problems right now".

The yellow star was the visual statement that affirmed and enforced the Nazis' race-hate policies every single time anyone saw it being worn.

That was the whole point of it.

In the same way the useless mask is the visual statement that affirms the new totalitarianism every single time anyone sees it being worn.

When COVID zombies see someone like BroJones in a mask their delusional belief system gets reinforced.

When doubters and waverers see him in a mask their doubts get a little less strong.

This effect is strengthened because, as a known doubter, HE STILL wears the mask.

Please don't underestimate how vitally important this symbol of conformity and obedience is. And please, BroJones, don't underestimate the damage done by your conformity.

Edit - Please read your own words - written by a person who allegedly values human freedom

"PS - sometimes I take the mask off, when 6-foot distanced - this is also fine with our Bishopric. Actually, although our Bishop wears a mask at Church on the stand, he is very lenient about it."

Wow. How wonderfully kind of your master to be "lenient" about what YOU put on YOUR face.

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

You can't wear ironic shackles.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

Luke wrote: February 4th, 2022, 9:24 pm
Narnia wrote: February 4th, 2022, 8:37 pm

That is why I censored it :)
Not good enough! You put the sound in their heads.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

NeveR wrote: February 5th, 2022, 7:58 am
Niemand wrote: February 5th, 2022, 4:19 am A lot of people complain about masks but I do think they are the least of our problems right now. Except for singing. Singing through one is ridiculous and impractical.
With respect I think you are missing the point of what masks represent and why they are so important to the Gads.

It's like someone in Berlin circa 1938 saying "personally I think the yellow star is the least of the Jews' problems right now".

The yellow star was the visual statement that affirmed and enforced the Nazis' race-hate policies every single time anyone saw it being worn.

That was the whole point of it.

In the same way the useless mask is the visual statement that affirms the new totalitarianism every single time anyone sees it being worn.

When COVID zombies see someone like BroJones in a mask their delusional belief system gets reinforced.

When doubters and waverers see him in a mask their doubts get a little less strong.

This effect is strengthened because, as a known doubter, HE STILL wears the mask.

Please don't underestimate how vitally important this symbol of conformity and obedience is. And please, BroJones, don't underestimate the damage done by your conformity.

Edit - Please read your own words - written by a person who allegedly values human freedom

"PS - sometimes I take the mask off, when 6-foot distanced - this is also fine with our Bishopric. Actually, although our Bishop wears a mask at Church on the stand, he is very lenient about it."

Wow. How wonderfully kind of your master to be "lenient" about what YOU put on YOUR face.

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

You can't wear ironic shackles.
Let's see what our friend Kevin Ryan says about it (wearing masks)... Quoting from dig within.net, Kevin's blog:

QUOTE. "There are creative ways to resist as well. For example, if you are forced to wear a mask in public areas in order to conduct your life, put a message on the mask that lets like minded people see you. Something like “Mind Control” or “You stay safe, I’ll stay free” would work.

Finally, realizing that this will all get much worse before it gets better, plan to reduce your dependence on goods and services controlled by the oligarchy. If you can, get off the grid. In other words, find alternative sources of power, food, water, and the other necessities of life..." UNQUOTE

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Creative ways to resist?

Come on. This is only justifying compliance.

No one forces you to do anything. You just choose to keep living the life you want because resistance to tyranny is inconvenient.