new here

Tell us about yourself...
NeveR
captain of 1,000

Re: new here

Post by NeveR »

BroJones wrote: February 5th, 2022, 11:43 am
Let's see what our friend Kevin Ryan says about it (wearing masks)... Quoting from dig within.net, Kevin's blog:

QUOTE. "There are creative ways to resist as well. For example, if you are forced to wear a mask in public areas in order to conduct your life, put a message on the mask that lets like minded people see you. Something like “Mind Control” or “You stay safe, I’ll stay free” would work...." UNQUOTE
I think the word to focus on here is "forced". I don't know mr Ryan so can't speak for him, but I am thinking that by "forced" he doesn't mean 'asked nice by your bishop'.

In some places wearing a mask is mandated and failure can result in massive fines or being tackled to the ground by a cop and having a mask strapped on to your face.

I think that's probably what mr Ryan means by 'forced'.

Let's remember even in those places where masks are mandated people DO resist. I've seen little old ladies handcuffed and dragged away and 12 yr old girls tasered for standing up and refusing to comply.

You are not being handcuffed, you are not at risk of being tasered. You are facing nothing worse than social disapproval

And yet it's enough to make you cave.

Re-evaluate Dr J, I beg you. You are a man of great courage. You have proved that. Which makes you exactly the type of person who needs to be setting an example of resistance right now.

You could easily politely decline to wear a mask and explain why. If you did that others might follow.

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

Luke wrote: February 4th, 2022, 9:24 pm
Narnia wrote: February 4th, 2022, 8:37 pm
Luke wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 10:19 pm
Narnia wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 9:14 pm

I understand what you mean. Last summer, I received an email from my ward and it said that vaxxed members won't need to wear mask, but unvaxed ones need to wear mask in our next Sunday meetings. I was so upset! I wrote an email to bishop right away. Why do we treat unvaxx members like lepers? Poor bishop had to read my rants and frustration. It’s not his fault. It’s the government’s fault. I live in one of the most liberal areas in the country. Our leaders are just follow the orders of the government. If they don’t follow the order of the government, what would happen? Church would be shut down, church properties would be seized, law suits pile up, …., the list could go on?

Considering this in the Official Declaration 1:
“The Lord has told me to ask the Latter-day Saints a question, and He also told me that if they would listen to what I said to them and answer the question put to them, by the Spirit and power of God, they would all answer alike, and they would all believe alike with regard to this matter.
The question is this: Which is the wisest course for the Latter-day Saints to pursue—to continue to attempt to practice plural marriage, with the laws of the nation against it and the opposition of sixty millions of people, and at the cost of the confiscation and loss of all the Temples, and the stopping of all the ordinances therein, both for the living and the dead, and the imprisonment of the First Presidency and Twelve and the heads of families in the Church, and the confiscation of personal property of the people (all of which of themselves would stop the practice); or, after doing and suffering what we have through our adherence to this principle to cease the practice and submit to the law, and through doing so leave the Prophets, Apostles and fathers at home, so that they can instruct the people and attend to the duties of the Church, and also leave the Temples in the hands of the Saints, so that they can attend to the ordinances of the Gospel, both for the living and the dead? The Lord showed me by vision and revelation exactly what would take place if we did not stop this practice. If we had not stopped it, you would have had no use for … any of the men in this temple at Logan; for all ordinances would be stopped throughout the land of Zion. Confusion would reign throughout Israel, and many men would be made prisoners. This trouble would have come upon the whole Church, and we should have been compelled to stop the practice. Now, the question is, whether it should be stopped in this manner, or in the way the Lord has manifested to us, and leave our Prophets and Apostles and fathers free men, and the temples in the hands of the people, so that the dead may be redeemed. A large number has already been delivered from the prison house in the spirit world by this people, and shall the work go on or stop? This is the question I lay before the Latter-day Saints. You have to judge for yourselves. I want you to answer it for yourselves. I shall not answer it; but I say to you that that is exactly the condition we as a people would have been in had we not taken the course we have.”

Aren’t our church leaders prophet and apostles in the similar situation if not worse now?

After 3 Sundays not attending in person sacrament meeting due to that lepers policy(home sacrament were still authorized last year here), I decided I should go back to in person meeting. I prayed to Heavenly Father to help me to go to His church no matter what because I know this is His true church and I need his help to endure to the end. I went back to in person sacramenting and had my mask on.

Thank you for the link to your thread. Yes, I do like the Chronicle of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
It sounds like your flight to Kathmandu was an adventure!
Wilford f-ed up big time here though.
I do NOT want to see f word here! use a clean language!
That is why I censored it :)
Be aware that God know your thoughts and intentions. ( D & C 33:1 )
Even though without spelling it out, you can’t hide a dirty word from God.

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

Niemand wrote: February 5th, 2022, 3:30 am
Narnia wrote: February 4th, 2022, 8:37 pm I do NOT want to see f word here! use a clean language!
You can read it as "fouled up big time" - there you go. It's not a swearword and it makes sense.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/foul-up
foul up verb

1: to make dirty : CONTAMINATE
2: to spoil by making mistakes or using poor judgment : CONFUSE
3: ENTANGLE, BLOCK
fouled up communications
intransitive verb

: to cause a foul-up : BUNGLE
it was his fault. He had fouled up
— Pat Frank
Def. 2 fits this sentence.
You really went extra mile to defend your friend, didn’t you? ;) He will spell it out if that’s what he meant, right?

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Narnia wrote: February 5th, 2022, 7:18 pm
Luke wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 10:19 pm

Wilford f-ed up big time here though.
Content and context is everything. What do you think my content and context was by using that word?

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Luke wrote: February 5th, 2022, 7:28 pm
Narnia wrote: February 5th, 2022, 7:18 pm

Content and context is everything. What do you think my content and context was by using that word?
Repent.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Narnia wrote: February 5th, 2022, 7:21 pm
Niemand wrote: February 5th, 2022, 3:30 am
Narnia wrote: February 4th, 2022, 8:37 pm I do NOT want to see f word here! use a clean language!
You can read it as "fouled up big time" - there you go. It's not a swearword and it makes sense.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/foul-up
foul up verb

1: to make dirty : CONTAMINATE
2: to spoil by making mistakes or using poor judgment : CONFUSE
3: ENTANGLE, BLOCK
fouled up communications
intransitive verb

: to cause a foul-up : BUNGLE
it was his fault. He had fouled up
— Pat Frank
Def. 2 fits this sentence.
You really went extra mile to defend your friend, didn’t you? ;) He will spell it out if that’s what he meant, right?
I'd usually pronounce that as "effed up" if I saw it written down like that, because that gets used as a substitute, but anyway...

Where I live I hear much worse on the street all the time, it's unavoidable. We swear a lot in my part of the world, but I try not to, and certainly rarely in writing. The best part is that we're not supposed to swear in front of kids, but when they get on my local bus, it's them who turn the air blue.

We do have it the wrong way round in our society though. The names of God and Jesus can be taken in vain without almost anyone batting an eyelid, but the F word upsets people. I'd rather people swore than blasphemed.

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

BroJones wrote: February 5th, 2022, 3:53 am Narnia, although not required in our ward, mask-wearing has been requested by our Stake Pres'y and Bishop, for the present. BUT - a mask of one's choosing is fine.

So I wear a mask with a message. The one that got the most comments is, "Keep America Great" to which I added, in red lettering, Ether 2:12. One of my favorite scriptures.

I have been roundly criticized on this forum for wearing a mask, but I CHOOSE to speak out/express myself in this manner. The masks I wear at Church have all been modified to have one thin layer of cloth, easy to breathe through.

PS - sometimes I take the mask off, when 6-foot distanced - this is also fine with our Bishopric. Actually, although our Bishop wears a mask at Church on the stand, he is very lenient about it.

NW Missouri, Far West Stake.
Brother Jones, thank you for sharing it with me. I respect whoever choose to wear a mask or get a shot, but mandate or required is wrong.
I know someone in your Stake. I considered MO, but afraid it maybe too cold for me.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

Narnia wrote: February 6th, 2022, 5:04 pm
BroJones wrote: February 5th, 2022, 3:53 am Narnia, although not required in our ward, mask-wearing has been requested by our Stake Pres'y and Bishop, for the present. BUT - a mask of one's choosing is fine.

So I wear a mask with a message. The one that got the most comments is, "Keep America Great" to which I added, in red lettering, Ether 2:12. One of my favorite scriptures.

I have been roundly criticized on this forum for wearing a mask, but I CHOOSE to speak out/express myself in this manner. The masks I wear at Church have all been modified to have one thin layer of cloth, easy to breathe through.

PS - sometimes I take the mask off, when 6-foot distanced - this is also fine with our Bishopric. Actually, although our Bishop wears a mask at Church on the stand, he is very lenient about it.

Brother Jones, thank you for sharing it with me. I respect whoever choose to wear a mask or get a shot, but mandate or required is wrong.
I know someone in your Stake. I considered MO, but afraid it maybe too cold for me.

Have you read this?

30 facts you NEED to know: Your Covid Cribsheet
https://off-guardian.org/2021/09/22/30- ... cribsheet/

Under the "Masks" section it cites TWELVE peer-reviewed studies that show masks don't work to reduce or prevent virus transmission.

Under the "Vaccine" section it cites numerous studies that show these jabs don't work and might be deadly.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

@BroJones I think THIS is probably what Mr Ryan means by "forced"

"Berlin: 17-year-old was beaten several times by 6 adults, kicked and her hair was pulled out because she was not wearing a mask, according to the police report".
https://t.co/xLdV24xonA

Now THAT is real courage.

Say what?
captain of 100

Post by Say what? »

Welcome!

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

NeveR wrote: February 6th, 2022, 8:23 pm
Narnia wrote: February 6th, 2022, 5:04 pm

Have you read this?

30 facts you NEED to know: Your Covid Cribsheet
https://off-guardian.org/2021/09/22/30- ... cribsheet/

Under the "Masks" section it cites TWELVE peer-reviewed studies that show masks don't work to reduce or prevent virus transmission.

Under the "Vaccine" section it cites numerous studies that show these jabs don't work and might be deadly.
I know mask and shot are useless. But, you can’t put those kind of information into the head who think or believe in the opposite way. I am surrounded by those kind of people who believe the opposite way. I am sure you are aware that there are many counter information on line they can read in a different direction. They choose to believe shot and mask are good and necessary even if you show them those kind of information. I know personally someone got blood clot and his leg become numb after the shot. I thought his younger brother would definitely not going to get the shot after seeing what happened to his old brother. Guess what? The younger brother still got the shot! Why? They live in a country with that kind of government and society you have to get the shot to get to work and survive. I know a member’s mom die after the shot. Her mom was healthy before the shot. She complaint nothing about our church leaders, just prepared to go to the temple to do the temple ordinances for her mom after a year later. She set a good example for those who keep criticizing our prophet and apostles.
I know our prophet and apostles are called by the Lord. The Lord wants me to respect them. Do not speak the evils of the Lord’s anointed even if we do not agree or dislike the changes they make. Let them do their job. Jesus Christ our Savior is their judge, not you nor me.

Do not call those people who wear mask or got shot evil either because they are not. At least the people I know, they are not evil. In contrary, they are very nice people. Call communist evil, but not all the people live in those countries are evil.

PS: I just let it out in one place, no time to go to the different thread to express my opinions.

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

NeveR wrote: February 6th, 2022, 8:29 pm
@BroJones I think THIS is probably what Mr Ryan means by "forced"

"Berlin: 17-year-old was beaten several times by 6 adults, kicked and her hair was pulled out because she was not wearing a mask, according to the police report".
https://t.co/xLdV24xonA

Now THAT is real courage.
Sure. Would you like to try it yourself? Have you tried to show that kind of courage in DC, New York city, Australia, or maybe Beijing? Try that yourself and back to share your experience with us.

Not wearing a mask in the church meetings has nothing to do with courage. Criticize people who wear the mask has no courage is not correct. I view them as humble and courtesy. They don’t want to make other’s people job harder. They are just following the order of the government.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Welcome Narnia, I also am a convert, the story of which is somewhere in past posts.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Narnia wrote: February 7th, 2022, 12:42 pm... They are just following the order of the government.
Reminds me of the evil side of the church. Praises of men over God.

"Morality is doing what is right, no matter what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right." -- H. L. Mencken

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

Jude verse 16
“These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men’s persons in admiration because of advantage."

“I will give you one of the Keys of the mysteries of the Kingdom. It is an eternal principle, that has existed with God from all eternity: That man who rises up to condemn others, finding fault with the Church, saying that they are out of the way, while he himself is righteous, then know assuredly, that that man is in the high road to apostasy; and if he does not repent, will apostatize, as God lives.” (Smith, Teachings, pp. 156-57)

“The Church is little, if at all, injured by persecution and calumnies from ignorant, misinformed, or malicious enemies. A greater hindrance to its progress comes from faultfinders, shirkers, commandment-breakers, and apostate cliques within its own ecclesiastical and quorum groups.” (David O. McKay )

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

1 John 2:3-4

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Obedience assures us an answer to our prayers

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

for some reason, a few of these posts are quite humorous.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

FrankOne wrote: June 25th, 2022, 10:27 pm for some reason, a few of these posts are quite humorous.
Particularly some just preceding yours.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Thinker wrote: February 12th, 2022, 9:13 pm
Narnia wrote: February 7th, 2022, 12:42 pm... They are just following the order of the government.

"Morality is doing what is right, no matter what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right." -- H. L. Mencken

thanks... now that ^ is a great quote. Noted. That guy speaks my language. I obviously need to look him up.
edit to add: I looked him up and copied many of quotes. Brilliant man.

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

1 Peter 2: 13-25 (saints to accept civil authority)

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake:…

16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what glory is it, if , when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? But if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Narnia wrote: June 29th, 2022, 5:18 pm

16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what glory is it, if , when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? But if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
Scripture: the ultimate psychological warfare

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Narnia wrote: June 29th, 2022, 5:18 pm

"President Joseph Smith read the 14th chapter of Ezekiel--said the Lord had declared by the Prophet, that the people should each one stand for himself, and depend on no man or men in that state of corruption of the Jewish church--that righteous persons could only deliver their own souls--applied it to the present state of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--said if the people departed from the Lord, they must fall--that they were depending on the Prophet, hence were darkened in their minds, in consequence of neglecting the duties devolving upon themselves...." (Joseph Smith, TPJS, Section Five 1842-43, p.237)

Ezekiel 14

4 Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the Lord will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;

9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.
10 And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeketh unto him;

==================

I , for one, will not be counted in the group that follows a Prophet that is mislead. From the scripture above, the result won't be desirable. We all choose what we choose. I'm certain of my choice and there are those that claim to be certain which continue to follow RMN. We'll see how this goes. Time tells all.