Help: finding verse in BoM

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Help: finding verse in BoM

Post by mes5464 »

I remember a verse in the Book of Mormon that talked about the churches changing the ordinances but I can't find it now.

Anyone remember this too?

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Re: Help: finding verse in BoM

Post by Obrien »

Mormon 8:20-41?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Alma 1.12 12 "But Alma said unto him: Behold, this is the first time that priestcraft has been introduced among this people. And behold, thou art not only guilty of priestcraft, but hast endeavored to enforce it by the sword; and were priestcraft to be enforced among this people it would prove their entire destruction."

cachemagic
captain of 100

Post by cachemagic »

Isaiah 24:5
The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

Maybe 3rd Nephi 10 qualifies?

"And thus commandeth the Father that I should say unto you: At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations, and above all the people of the whole earth, and shall be filled with all manner of lyings, and of deceits, and of mischiefs, and all manner of hypocrisy, and murders, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, and of secret abominations; and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father, I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them."

wetnoodle
captain of 10

Post by wetnoodle »

4 Nephi 27 And it came to pass that when two hundred and ten years had passed away there were many churches in the land; yea, there were many churches which professed to know the Christ, and yet they did deny the more parts of his gospel, insomuch that they did receive all manner of wickedness, and did administer that which was sacred unto him to whom it had been forbidden because of unworthiness.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

mes5464 wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 9:57 am I remember a verse in the Book of Mormon that talked about the churches changing the ordinances but I can't find it now.

Did anyone get the "right" scripture reference for you?

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Obrien wrote: January 30th, 2022, 9:45 am
mes5464 wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 9:57 am I remember a verse in the Book of Mormon that talked about the churches changing the ordinances but I can't find it now.

Did anyone get the "right" scripture reference for you?
Mormon 8 came the closest but still doesn't match my memory.