RMN Explained

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
CaptainM
captain of 100

RMN Explained

Post by CaptainM »

The following post is copied from https://anonymousbishop.com/musings-of-a-fool/ I encourage you to read the whole post on the site; as well as the other blog entries.

"I spent a fair amount of time on this blog highlighting things that have contributed to my loss of faith in the direction of the LDS Church.  I began in 2014 shortly after having been released as a bishop.  However, my concerns actually began many years earlier at least regarding certain issues and topics.  I tried to address many of these concerns as a bishop and made honest attempts to be bold, persuasive, and thoughtful as I did.  I discovered that the scriptures are the best way to make a case.  But, I came to realize that even the scriptures or words of Joseph Smith are very often ignored in favor of today’s so called prophets.  “The living oracles” doctrine is the new “stare decisis” of Mormonism.  Sadly.  No one can argue against this statement while being honest, because this is what the Brethren themselves teach.

In fact, the Apostle who preaches this sermon the most is Elder Neal Andersen.  Elder Andersen is a man I happen to like very much.  I find him to be very kind, capable, and sincere.  I think in his mind, not only is NOT sustaining the prophets “the high road to apostasy,” BUT I think he also believes sincerely that sustaining the prophet is the MOST important thing we can do.  That it’s the BEST way we can truly follow Christ.  He leads the Brethren in referring to President Nelson the most in his talks, having named him 98 times in conference since Nelson became president and 23 times in his last Conference talk alone.

President Nelson, despite being perhaps the least interesting and least revered president in Church history, “continues to be referenced more than any Latter-day Saint prophet with 133 mentions — whether named, quoted or footnoted” — in this last month’s General Conference.  This clearly demonstrates the idea that this practice of prophet preeminence is becoming more and more prevalent.

Let’s be honest — and intending no disrespect — but, Elder Nelson was never a Church leader most people ever enjoyed listening to in Conference.  His talks were and still are unnotable from a doctrinal or even “interesting” standpoint.  I found myself even as a bishop cringing over his style and his rather creepy, seemingly staged, smiles into the camera.  For me, he’s never been someone I’ve been very inspired by.

Most telling of all as to what perhaps his own peers have thought of him for the last 50 years comes from the very telling comment his wife Wendy made shortly after being installed as Church president, when she said that the new prophet is finally “unleashed to follow through on all the things he’s wanted to do.”  Think about the implication of that statement! 

The Brethren claim they collaborate and vigorously debate endlessly together over important issues and that they always vote on those issues and obtain unanimity.  So, apparently, ALL the ideas Elder Nelson ever had for nearly 50 years, even while President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, were rarely or never embraced unanimously by his 14 other colleagues.  Not a sign of one whose ideas were well loved and accepted.

Now think of the converse of that implication–All the ideas Elder Nelson advocated for for nearly 50 years, which the Brethren were largely against, are now magically being put into action.  Translation?  If the Brethren really did ever debate anything, they don’t anymore.  They now blindly do what the prophet wants to do.  What the prophet says IS what they ALL agree on unanimously.

Of course, when it comes time to finally put into place all the changes of President Nelson that everyone was once against, we get statements like this one from Elder Holland:"
“I bear my own witness that these adjustments are examples of the revelation that has guided this Church from its beginning. They are yet more evidence that the Lord is hastening His work in its time.”

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: RMN Explained

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I read Anonymous Bishop's blog here and there. Thanks for bringing up this entry. I like what he says here;

"The Church cannot save you, does not appear concerned with building Zion (i.e. a safe place to flee to during the troubles fast approaching) or saving the Constitution and will damn the people that follow them and hearken to their teachings if they have not been in the presence of God and His Angels."

I like and agree with what he is saying here too;

"I think for the first time in my life we are seeing the beginning of the end of the Church’s ability to keep things from falling apart. I predict we are about to see a mass exodus from the Church."

I think not truly being 15 prophets. seers and revelators after claiming to be for so long is reaching a comeuppance. I believe the Book of Mormon is true and God is doing things all over the world, but i don't think the LDS church is led by Him and I believe the pains and realities of our awful situation are pulling the LDS church apart

Gadget
captain of 100

Post by Gadget »

I believe the current prophet is in the process of setting up bondage for the saints cause thats the only thing that will bring them back to God. That doesn't mean that I have to be part of the process. I'm moving my family out of Utah this spring. March 2020 and forward has been a big warning. If you see it, just pray for safety and you will be led out.

Its not the prophets main job to protect you physically. That is of less concern then a lost spirit. Think about that. You are correct with what is happening but wrong about responsibility. We come here to die and be tormented, but that doesn't mean you can't use your agency and follow the spirit while the flock is becoming more worldy.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

RMN spent the first 50ish years of his life justifying his willingness to be racist, and is spending the last few years of his life justifying his willingness to be authoritarian. He’s human. If he ever stands up and says “Thus say the Lord” I’ll sincerely pray about whatever message he delivers. Until then… I don’t really need to pay too much attention.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Gadget wrote: January 6th, 2022, 5:28 pm I believe the current prophet is in the process of setting up bondage for the saints cause thats the only thing that will bring them back to God.
We're already part way there with the masks.

briznian
captain of 100

Post by briznian »

Buried in the railroad thread is evidence that RMN is a Manchurian.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

briznian wrote: January 7th, 2022, 7:11 am Buried in the railroad thread is evidence that RMN is a Manchurian.
You'll need to provide a link. I'm not scrolling through all that.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

briznian wrote: January 7th, 2022, 7:11 am Buried in the railroad thread is evidence that RMN is a Manchurian.
What's a Manchurian in this context?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Attachments
skai-b-to-owl-key-1945-1946.jpg
skai-b-to-owl-key-1945-1946.jpg (225.79 KiB) Viewed 1786 times

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Attachments
2021-03-11_20-48-17.png
2021-03-11_20-48-17.png (1.72 MiB) Viewed 1782 times

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: January 7th, 2022, 8:44 am.
What does this mean?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Mamabear wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:08 am
What does this mean?
Owl & Key at UofU back in the day was a secret society/fraternity along the lines as Skull & Bones (As Robert D. Hales was a member of).

Today Owl & Key and Skull and Bones at U of U are still secret societies, but now they allow both men and women.

I know that Skull & Bones is definitely ungodly and nefarious, but I am not too familiar with Owl & Key. To me, it seems awfully similar to "322 scroll & key" secret society at Yale along with "Wolf's Head". Hollywood is trying to whitewash these secret societies for the public to think that these things are only found in fantasy land and only conspiracy theorists talk about them. Look up "Locke and Key" television series. The Owl significance reminds me of the Owl (Molech-type statue) at the Bohemian Grove.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: January 7th, 2022, 8:43 am.
Skull and bones.

Imagine my shock.

Not.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

InfoWarrior82 wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:16 am
What does this mean?
Owl & Key at UofU back in the day was a secret society/fraternity along the lines as Skull & Bones (As Robert D. Hales was a member of).

Today Owl & Key and Skull and Bones at U of U are still secret societies, but now they allow both men and women.

I know that Skull & Bones is definitely ungodly and nefarious, but I am not too familiar with Owl & Key. To me, it seems awfully similar to "322 scroll & key" secret society at Yale along with "Wolf's Head". Hollywood is trying to whitewash these secret societies for the public to think that these things are only found in fantasy land and only conspiracy theorists talk about them. Look up "Locke and Key" television series. The Owl significance reminds me of the Owl (Molech-type statue) at the Bohemian Grove.
At first glance, comparing Owl and Key to Skull & Bones seems a stretch. More research needed…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owl_and_Key

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

endlessismyname wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:24 am
What does this mean?

At first glance, comparing Owl and Key to Skull & Bones seems a stretch. More research needed…

Looks like there’s definitely some kind of connection, though:

“ There are only about 10 students in each Skull and Bones Society initiation class, but membership is lifelong. Many members go on to be initiated into the Owl and Key Society prior to graduating, which is officially recognized by the U as an honor society. The U recognizes Owl and Key members at commencement, and though the members of the Skull and Bones Society are kept a secret, those listening carefully at graduation can detect the members of Skull and Bones.”

Do you have any evidence RMN was in Skull and Bones, or just Owl and Key?

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

What does this mean?

Agreed. The owl is called the "Owl of Minerva".

https://www.reference.com/world-view/ow ... 87913e986e
Facebook
Twitter
The term, “The owl of Minerva” is part of a metaphor for philosophy that originated in the book,”The Philosophy of Right” by G.W.F. Hegel. It refers to the Roman goddess of wisdom, Minerva, who was the equivalent of the Greek goddess Athena. Minerva is traditionally depicted with her sacred owl, symbolizing her connection to wisdom.

In the preface to the book, Hegel stated: “The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk,” meaning that philosophy comes to understand a historical condition just as it passes away. Minerva was the Roman goddess of wisdom and music, poetry, medicine, commerce, weaving, crafts and magic.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

endlessismyname wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:27 am

What does this mean?

“ There are only about 10 students in each Skull and Bones Society initiation class, but membership is lifelong. Many members go on to be initiated into the Owl and Key Society prior to graduating, which is officially recognized by the U as an honor society. The U recognizes Owl and Key members at commencement, and though the members of the Skull and Bones Society are kept a secret, those listening carefully at graduation can detect the members of Skull and Bones.”

Just Owl & Key. It was Robert D. Hales who was a member of Skull & Bones.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

endlessismyname wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:27 am

What does this mean?

This article says this "Skull and Bones" isn't associated with Yale. Says all groups are "completely autonomous". But then they go on to say they are all essentially accomplishing the same purpose.

https://dailyutahchronicle.com/2009/02/ ... 100-years/

This is hilarious, regarding Hugh W. Pinnock, where they just casually throw in owls and bones right next to Beehive and General Authority.

Nothing to see here folks.
Elder Pinnock was born on Jan. 15, 1934, in Salt Lake City. In 1953, he graduated from Granite High School, where he was student body president his senior year. He graduated from the University of Utah in 1958 with a degree in management from the College of Business. At the U. he was president of the student body, a member of the Sigma Chi fraternity and a member of several honor societies, including Owl and Key, Skull and Bones and Beehive
https://www.deseret.com/2000/12/18/1954 ... dies-at-66

Says the groups are independent, but then goes on to explain the function of each, which is the same. So a skull and bones member is still skull and bones no matter where they came from.
https://dailyutahchronicle.com/2009/02/ ... 100-years/
Last edited by ithink on January 7th, 2022, 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Owl & Key

Last edited by Niemand on January 7th, 2022, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

briznian
captain of 100

Post by briznian »

Owl & Key IS Skull & Bones. Just another name:

https://utahcommhistory.com/2018/12/18/ ... y-of-utah/
Last edited by briznian on January 7th, 2022, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

briznian
captain of 100

Post by briznian »

Niemand wrote: January 7th, 2022, 7:49 am
I wouldn't want to deprive you the joy of discovery.

briznian
captain of 100

Post by briznian »

Robin Hood wrote: January 7th, 2022, 8:28 am
What's a Manchurian in this context?
https://www.dictionary.com/e/politics/m ... candidate/
WHAT DOES MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE MEAN?
A Manchurian candidate is a person, especially a politician, being used as a puppet by an enemy power. The term is commonly used to indicate disloyalty or corruption, whether intentional or unintentional.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I didn't even know Skull & Bones existed outside Yale.
briznian wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:39 am
Niemand wrote: January 7th, 2022, 7:49 am
I wouldn't want to deprive you the joy of discovery.
They can post on it here.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

briznian wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:38 am Owl & Key IS Skull & Bones. Just another name:

Don’t think so. Unless by IS you mean “is a subsidiary of” or “feeds members into”. It seems pretty clear there are two distinct entities at play.

In the end, I’m just wondering why it is these leaders are joining secret societies at all. Every college kid on earth knows the kinds of things you have to do to be initiated… and they aren’t exactly wholesome recreation if you know what I mean.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

endlessismyname wrote: January 7th, 2022, 10:16 am
briznian wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:38 am Owl & Key IS Skull & Bones. Just another name:

Don’t think so. Unless by IS you mean “is a subsidiary of” or “feeds members into”. It seems pretty clear there are two distinct entities at play.

In the end, I’m just wondering why it is these leaders are joining secret societies at all. Every college kid on earth knows the kinds of things you have to do to be initiated… and they aren’t exactly wholesome recreation if you know what I mean.

Yeah. Secret works of darkness.

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.