North in Prophecy

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: North in Prophecy

Post by Pazooka »

The Rise of Skywalker has some interesting stuff in it. You have Palpatine ruling from the shadows “from the beginning” and the place where he resides called Exegol. Wookieepedia has this quote from the movie:
Exegol does not appear on any star chart. But legend describes it as the hidden world of the Sith. ~C-3PO
It also says Exegol was a dark desert planet located within the Unknown Regions that, according to legend, was the hidden redoubt world of the Sith...It was also the birthplace of Supreme Leader Snoke, whom (Sith Lord Darth) Sidious created to rule the First Order while concealing himself in the shadows. Exegol was used to hide the Final Order, which was a fleet amassed by Sidious and the Sith Eternal, from where they planned to deploy the Star Destroyers and establish a new Sith Empire.

This sounds eerily similar to end-time prophecy, with the evil and the destruction coming out of the north/hidden region, beyond the river Euphrates (abyss/pit) where an army was prepared for a particular day and hour.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Jeremiah 6

22 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, a people cometh from the north country (hidden regions), and a great nation shall be raised from the sides (also reads as “recesses”) of the earth.

23 They shall lay hold on bow and spear; they are cruel, and have no mercy; their voice roareth like the sea; and they ride upon horses, set in array as men for war against thee, O daughter of Zion.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Pazooka wrote: December 26th, 2021, 8:47 pm Super interesting...because if north = hidden, and Enochian/Biblical cosmology is correct, then the lost tribes could exist beyond the ice wall encircling the earth (that we call Antarctica), and beyond the firmament located further past the ice wall (roughly portrayed in the wood carving below). The smiting of the rocks would be the busting through the firmament.
“I was then really ‘the bosom friend and companion of the Prophet Joseph.’ . . . Sometimes when at my house I asked him questions relating to the past, present and future; . . . one of which I will relate: I asked where the nine and a half tribes of Israel were. ‘Well,’ said he, ‘you remember the old caldron or potash kettle you used to boil maple sap in for sugar, don't you?’ I said yes. ‘Well,’ said he, ‘they are in the north pole in a concave just the shape of that kettle. And John the Revelator is with them, preparing them for their return.’” (Benjamin F. Johnson, My Life's Review)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Luke wrote: January 6th, 2022, 10:26 pm
Pazooka wrote: December 26th, 2021, 8:47 pm Super interesting...because if north = hidden, and Enochian/Biblical cosmology is correct, then the lost tribes could exist beyond the ice wall encircling the earth (that we call Antarctica), and beyond the firmament located further past the ice wall (roughly portrayed in the wood carving below). The smiting of the rocks would be the busting through the firmament.
“I was then really ‘the bosom friend and companion of the Prophet Joseph.’ . . . Sometimes when at my house I asked him questions relating to the past, present and future; . . . one of which I will relate: I asked where the nine and a half tribes of Israel were. ‘Well,’ said he, ‘you remember the old caldron or potash kettle you used to boil maple sap in for sugar, don't you?’ I said yes. ‘Well,’ said he, ‘they are in the north pole in a concave just the shape of that kettle. And John the Revelator is with them, preparing them for their return.’” (Benjamin F. Johnson, My Life's Review)
I think this is true.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

And then there is this, (I wish Joseph would make up his mind? :) )

Brother Brown, will you give us some light and explanation of the 5th verse on page 386 of the Hymn Book which formed another planet, according to the Hymn of Eliza R. Snow? “Yes, sir, I think I can answer your question. Sister Eliza R. Snow, in visiting my grandparents, was asked by my grandmother: ‘Eliza, where did you get your ideas about the Ten Lost Tribes being taken away as you explain it in your wonderfull Hymn?’ She answered as follows: ‘Why, my husband (The Prophet Joseph) told me about it.’ Have you any other information that your grandfather ever gave you, as contained in any conversation with the Prophet Joseph Smith? I have! One evening in Nauvoo, just after dark, somebody rapped at the door very vigorously. Grandfather said he was reading the Doctrine and Covenants. He rose hurriedly and answered the summons at the door, where he met the Prophet Joseph Smith. He said, ‘Brother Brown, can you keep me over night, the mobs are after me?’ Grandfather answered, ‘Yes, sir. It will not be the first time, come in.’ ‘All right,’ the Prophet said, shutting the door quickly. He came in and sat down. Grandmother said: ‘Brother Joseph, have you had your supper?’ ‘No’ he answered, ‘I have not.’ So she prepared him a meal and he ate it. Afterward thy were in conversation relative to the principles of the Gospel. During the conversation the Ten Lost Tribes were mentioned. Grandfather said, ‘Joseph, where are the Ten Tribes?’ He said ‘Come to the door and I will show you, come on Sister Brown, I want you both to see.’ It being a starlight night the Prophet said ‘Brother Brown,can you show me the Polar Star?’ ‘Yes, Sir,’ he said, pointing to the North Star. ‘There it is.’ ‘Yes, I know’ said the Prophet, ‘But which one? There are a lot of stars there.’ Grandfather said: ‘Can you see the points of the Dipper?’ The Prophet answered, ‘Yes.’ ‘Well’ he said, ‘trace the pointers,’ pointing up to the largest star. ‘That is the North Star.’ The Prophet answered: ‘You are correct. Now,’ he said, pointing toward the star, ‘do you discern a little twinkler to the right and below the Polar Star, which we would judge to be about the distance of twenty feet from here?’ Grandfather answered, ‘Yes, sir.’ The Prophet said: ‘Sister Brown, do you see that star also?’ Her answer was, ‘Yes, sir.’ ‘Very well then, he said, ‘let’s go in.’ … Brother [Israel] Call, you have here read the statement of Brother [Homer M.] Brown [Patriarch of Granite Stake, and grandson of Benjamin Brown] concerning the Ten Tribes of Israel being upon another planet besides this. ‘Yes, and I have heard my father [Anson] relate the same regarding the Ten Tribes, and father heard the Prophet make the same statement that the Ten Tribes are on a another planet, as related by Brother Brown. ([Signed] Israel Call, Given to High Councillor Theodore Tobiason, October 19th, 1924.)

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

In the the course of his remarks he spoke of the earth being divided at various times. He said, “When Enoch and his City was taken away, a portion of the earth was taken and would again be restored. Also in the days of Peleg, the earth was divided, see Genesis 10th Chapter, 25th verse.” He then referred to the ‘Ten Tribes’ saying, “You know a long time ago in the days of Shalmanezar King of Assyria when the Ten Tribes was taken away, and never heard of since.” He said, “The Earth will be restored as at the beginning, and the last taken away will be the first to return; for the last shall be first, and the first will be last in all things.” He illustrated the return by saying: “Some of you brethren have been coming up the river on a steamboat, and while seated at the table, the steamboat run against a snag which upset the table and scattered the dishes; so it will be when these portions of the earth return. It will make the earth reel to and fro like a drunken man,” quoting 24th chapter [of] Isaiah, 20th verse. When speaking of the return of the Ten Tribes, he said, “The mountains of ice shall flow down at their presence, and a highway shall be cast up in the middle of the great deep.” (Wandle Mace Journal, 1809-1890, p. 38-39.)

“When the world was first made it was a tremendous big thing. The Lord concluded it was too big. We read in the scriptures that in the days of Peleg the earth was divided so the Lord divided the earth. When the ten tribes of the children of Israel went into the north country he divided it again, so the earth has been divided and subdivided. We also read in the scriptures that the earth shall reel to and fro like a drunken man. What shall cause this earth to reel to and fro like a drunken man? We read that the stars shall fall to the earth like a fig falling from a fig tree. When these stars return to the place where they were taken from, it will cause the earth to reel to and fro. Not that the planets will come squarely against one another, in such case both planets would be broken to pieces. But in their rolling motion they will come together where they were taken from which will cause the earth to reel to and fro.” (Joseph Smith, Winter 1840, Vincent Knight home, Samuel Holister Rogers Journal, p. 17.)

Coming in one day and seeing my geography on my lap, he [Jacob Hamblin] told [me] that the Prophet said to him that at the North Pole is [a] convex or cup shaped [depression] with the deepest sea resting there. The planet that belonged to that part of the world would in time return to its place, strike the earth at that part, complete the sphere. The result would be a ‘reeling to and fro like a drunken man’ by the Earth … (Biographical Record of Martha Cragun Cox, p. 104. Church Historican Department.)

The stars which will fall to the Earth, are fragments, which have been broken off from the Earth from time to time, in the mighty convulsions of nature…. some with the Ten Tribes … These must all be restored again at the ‘times of the restitution of all things.’ (This will restore the Ten Tribes of Israel;… (Parley P. Pratt, Millenial Star 1:258. – date?)

And when the Lord saw fit to hide The Ten Lost Tribes away, Thou, Earth, was severed to provide The orb on which they stay. Eliza R. Snow, Address to Earth, Millenial Star 13:272.

There are those I believe, who … have held that perhaps the Ten Lost Tribes were located upon some detached portion of the Earth. As to that, I have no opinion to express. (Brigham H. Roberts, Defense of the Faith and the Saints 2:447-480.

I remember reading somewhere (supposedly from Joseph) that when the earth is returned back to its "paradisical glory" it will be 70 times bigger than now.
And also that this earth being it is called or is a "mother earth", that another planet will literally join this earth and it will be a "father earth" and that from that point it will be like a connected twin orb. Something along those lines...

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

President Young said he had heard Joseph say that the Ten Tribes of Israel were on a portion of land seperated from this Earth. (Wilford Woodruff Journal, September 8th, 1867.)

A portion of the North country containing the Ten Tribes may be separated from the Earth. (Wilford Woodruff Journal, September 25th, 1859.)

Joseph Smith said that the 2 Prophets who would Prophesy in the streets of Jerusalem for 3 years & a half, were Enoch & Elijah. Also the two wings north & South of our earth were inhabited. the north with the 9-1/2 tribes & the south wing by the People of Enochs City – this Earth when first created occupied a Position next to Kolob the highest in glory of all the Creations consequently on account of the high Position we once occupied we have fallen below all of the others in space–consequently our sufferings are greater–the greater the rise the greater will be the fall-when we are Redeemed we will be taken back again & Placed in our former Position. (James Beck Journal (Notebook) 1859-1865; October 8th 1861.)

I heard the Joseph the Prophet say that he had seen John the revelator and had a long conversation with him, whom told him that he John was their leader, prophet, priest, and king, and said that he was preparing that people to return and further said there is a mighty host of us. And Joseph further said that men might hunt for them but they could not find them for they were upon a portion of this planet that had been broken off and which was taken away. And the sea rushed in between Europe and America, and that when that piece returns there would be a great shake; the sea would then move to the north where it belonged in the morning of creation. (Daniel Allen, Minutes of the Parowan, Utah School of the Prophets, 17 August 1872.)

The Prophet Joseph once in my hearing advanced his opinion that the Ten Tribes were seperated from the Earth; or a portion of the Earth was by miracle broken off, and that in the latter-days it would be restored to Earth or be let down in the polar regions. Whether the Prophet founded his opinion upon revelation or whether it was a matter of mere speculation with him, I am unable to say. (Orson Pratt to John C. Hall, December 13th, 1875. [Elder Pratt however seemed to of been of the opinion that they resided on or in the North Pole.])

11 Feb 1881 – Some remarks were made by Sister Green stating that she heard Eliza Snow speak of the 9 and ½ lost tribes being on an orb and would eventually come back to their former place and we should know when they came by certain signs.

6 Mar 1881 – Brother Jacob Gates … Said he heard Joseph Smith say when he was at Bishop Partridge’s house in Far West, Missouri, concerning the ten lost tribes. “They are hid from us by land and air.” Said Bishop Partridge, “I guess they are by land and water,” in a doubting manner as if Joseph did not know what he was talking about. “Yes,” said Joseph, “by land and air; they are hid from us in such a manner and at such an angle that the astronomers cannot get their telescopes to bear on them from this Earth.”

10 Mar 1881 – At night paid Sister Eliza R. Snow a short visit and had some conversation with her on the dividing of the Earth. She told me that she heard the Prophet say that when the Ten Tribes were taken away the Lord cut the Earth in two, Joseph striking his left hand in the centre with the edge of his right to illustrate the idea, and that they were on an orb or planet by themselves, and when they return with the portion of this Earth that was taken away with them, the coming together of these two bodies or orbs would cause a shock and make the ‘Earth reel to and fro like a drunken man.’ She also stated that he said the Earth was now ninety times [percent?] smaller now than when first created or organized.

17 April 1898 – Attended Sunday school theological class. Brother Joseph Snow gave a very interesting lecture on the scattering and gathering of Israel. Said that the papyrus obtained by the Prophet Joseph Smith in connection with the Books of Moses and Abraham fond in the wrappings of the mummies gave an account of the ten lost tribes of Israel, their journeyings geographically to the land of the North country, a place where no man had ever set his foot before, also a diagram showing their present location (in space), also the city of Enoch. (Diary of Charles L. Walker.)

In the afternoon I go uptown and meet Lorin Woolley, with whom I converse for 2 or 3 hours. He told me of some of his experiences in the underground business, and confirmed some points of doctrine I had believed in. He agreed with me that the ten tribes are not on the earth, and moreover said that in reading George Q. Cannon’s Doctrine and Covenants, he had noted in the margin a statement to that effect, which had been made by the Prophet Joseph Smith. (George E. Woolley (his uncle) Journal, September 22, 1891.)

He [Franklin W. Richards] said that the ten tribes of Israel were separated from the earth – so Joseph Smith had said. (Rudger Clawson Diary, Book 10, p. 87 (referring to Richards, 3 Apr 1892 conference talk)

I heard him say, “Peradventure, the Ten Tribes were not on this globe, but a portion of earth had cleaved off with them and went flying into space, and when the time comes when the ‘earth reels to and fro like a drunken man and the stars from heaven fall,’ it would join on again.” Bathsheba W. Smith, Recollections of the Prophet Joseph Smith, The Juvenile Instructor 27:34, 1st June 1892.

Philo Dibble testified in May, 1884 that in 1882 in response to his asking the Prophet of the location of the Ten Tribes he was drawn a diagram showing the Earth with two spheres on either of its sides, one of which was supposed to be their residence. (His son Sidney and Matthew M. Dalton made sworn statements to this effect in January 1906.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Luke wrote: January 6th, 2022, 10:26 pm
A bit like the game Telephone, if you ask me

skylight
captain of 100

Post by skylight »

In light of this discussion, this article came out this past week, reposted link on steve Quayle dot com

https://helenastales.weebly.com/blogue/ ... ule5044349

Quayle has an entire movie regarding this, “Empire beaneath the Ice” detailing how the Germans were not beaten per se, but went under the ice to continue their reign, via Antarctica. Byrds flight and another is mentioned, plus some footage showing the opening, and how they currently block live feed…

Might shed some interesting light with the mentioned scriptures and quotes

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

With world population over 7billion and growing it is very easy to imagine small communities of even tens of thousands living as just “that odd tribe” among the lands and countries we otherwise think we know. Africa, Asia, Russia, and South America have many such minor tribes.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

abijah` wrote: December 29th, 2021, 2:23 pm
… David is also a musician …

Jaaziel is me pen name for a book narrated by a princess type person whose latest big role was playing a friend of the friend of God on TV. Today I discovered a better description of who Jaaziel was in the Bible.

People also ask
What does jaaziel mean?
Who was jaaziel in the Bible?
ja-a'-zi-el (ya`azi'el, "God strengthens"): In 1 Chronicles 15:18, a Levite, one of the musicians appointed to play upon instruments at the bringing up of the ark by David.
Fascinating that David brought up the ark.❗️

Where did you come up with the idea that David himself was a musician. :?:

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

”And they who are in the north countries shall come in remembrance before the Lord; and their prophets shall hear his voice, and shall no longer stay themselves; and they shall smite the rocks, and the ice shall flow down at their presence.” (D&C 133:26)”And they who are in the north countries shall come in remembrance before the Lord; and their prophets shall hear his voice, and shall no longer stay themselves; and they shall smite the rocks, and the ice shall flow down at their presence.” (D&C 133:26)

Pretty much makes me not worry about “Global Warming”….

Kinda thinking it’s all part of the “elements shall be in commotion “…