What predictions have been made and come true in the last 100 years?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
ILiveIDieILiveAgain
captain of 100

Re: true in the last 100 years?

Post by ILiveIDieILiveAgain »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 18th, 2022, 10:29 pm Again we await a response from a formerly eager responder. 8-)

Reminds me of Taki and Elbur from times past. :lol:

Perhaps 3rd time is the charm?

Prolly not. :?
Think about the Snake Eyes situation.

How does it apply to the magnitude of the next earthquake?
Nope, sorry, not eager much anymore about any of this. When the pointless cry wolf fearmongering goes on for multiple decades, producing nothing but a big bunch of the same nothing that's been going on for more than a thousand years, eagerness gets plenty lost on that bunch of ho-hum.

The silly thing that people get hung up on with these probability prediction stats, is they think it can only be a thing after X amount of tries/iterations. If its 1 in a billion, people think it can only come about after 999,999,999 tries. No, it could happen on the 1st try. Just as someone could buy their very first Powerball ticket ever, and win the jackpot. Someone can drop a single quarter while walking by the slots in Vegas, and win the house payout. Someone who has never thrown a knife before could give it a toss and hit square in the bullseye on the first toss, regardless of if that probability is 1 in 15,000, or whatever the number is.
So, same deal here. This earthquake predictor dude that pegged the 7.3 could get his prediction to come true on his first guess. Or I guess the hundredth, or whatever amount he has made since he started shooting blindly with "prophecies" in dark rooms.

Now let's get to you. :lol: :P You trying to discredit me with some predicting gotchas? Sorry, brah, you should well know that's not how a self-ordained Anti-Prophet works. I don't predict things happening - I prophesy that the idiotic things that others "prophesy" won't happen. Like I said, I'm pretty sure my track record is over a dozen. More than a dozen in a row. (go back thru the forums and do an official count for me. Thanks!) So, what's the probability of that? The probability that someone will be 100% spot on over a dozen times in a row? Keep in mind, my next 100% spot on is coming in 2024. So tack another onto my count. 8-)
If you want to do the earthquake predicting thing, and try and peg a 7.3, rock-n-roll that one up. Maybe you, too, will get it on the first try. Maybe it won't be until you've exhausted all probable tries. Maybe it will be somewhere in between. Now that we're on earthquakes, though, I will straight up anti-prophesy that at least 666,666 >:) earthquakes will happen between now and that eclipse that WON'T be anything indicative of the last days, Second Coming, end of world, what have you.
Worlds without end.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ILiveIDieILiveAgain wrote: November 21st, 2022, 8:23 pm

I prophesy that the idiotic things that others "prophesy" won't happen … Worlds without end.
I hypothesize that you will not apply logic to answer my question, within the week: What is the probability that the next significant earthquake will have a measured magnitude of 7.3?

ILiveIDieILiveAgain
captain of 100

Post by ILiveIDieILiveAgain »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 6:25 pm

I prophesy that the idiotic things that others "prophesy" won't happen … Worlds without end.
I hypothesize that you will not apply logic to answer my question, within the week: What is the probability that the next significant earthquake will have a measured magnitude of 7.3?
I can tell you right now that I'm not going to do it. I already told you that's not how I do things. If you want to do it, feel free.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ILiveIDieILiveAgain wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 11:43 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 6:25 pm

I can tell you right now that I'm not going to do it. I already told you that's not how I do things. If you want to do it, feel free.
5 more days until my hypothesis proves correct.

Cool, but no beans. :mrgreen: dbnp

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 18th, 2022, 10:29 pm Again we await a response from a formerly eager responder. 8-)

Reminds me of Taki and Elbur from times past. :lol:

Perhaps 3rd time is the charm?

Prolly not. :?
Think about the Snake Eyes situation.

How does it apply to the magnitude of the next earthquake?
Nope, sorry, not eager much anymore about any of this. When the pointless cry wolf fearmongering goes on for multiple decades, producing nothing but a big bunch of the same nothing that's been going on for more than a thousand years, eagerness gets plenty lost on that bunch of ho-hum.

The silly thing that people get hung up on with these probability prediction stats, is they think it can only be a thing after X amount of tries/iterations. If its 1 in a billion, people think it can only come about after 999,999,999 tries. No, it could happen on the 1st try. Just as someone could buy their very first Powerball ticket ever, and win the jackpot. Someone can drop a single quarter while walking by the slots in Vegas, and win the house payout. Someone who has never thrown a knife before could give it a toss and hit square in the bullseye on the first toss, regardless of if that probability is 1 in 15,000, or whatever the number is.
So, same deal here. This earthquake predictor dude that pegged the 7.3 could get his prediction to come true on his first guess. Or I guess the hundredth, or whatever amount he has made since he started shooting blindly with "prophecies" in dark rooms.

Now let's get to you. :lol: :P You trying to discredit me with some predicting gotchas? Sorry, brah, you should well know that's not how a self-ordained Anti-Prophet works. I don't predict things happening - I prophesy that the idiotic things that others "prophesy" won't happen. Like I said, I'm pretty sure my track record is over a dozen. More than a dozen in a row. (go back thru the forums and do an official count for me. Thanks!) So, what's the probability of that? The probability that someone will be 100% spot on over a dozen times in a row? Keep in mind, my next 100% spot on is coming in 2024. So tack another onto my count. 8-)
If you want to do the earthquake predicting thing, and try and peg a 7.3, rock-n-roll that one up. Maybe you, too, will get it on the first try. Maybe it won't be until you've exhausted all probable tries. Maybe it will be somewhere in between. Now that we're on earthquakes, though, I will straight up anti-prophesy that at least 666,666 >:) earthquakes will happen between now and that eclipse that WON'T be anything indicative of the last days, Second Coming, end of world, what have you.
Worlds without end.
I agree that there’s a lot of Second Coming prophesying that is clearly false.

However…

To discount actual prophecy because of this is so foolish.

What is your religion?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: What predictions have been made and come true in the last 100 years?

Post by Niemand »

Stanislaw Lem's Return from the Stars. This is what my monthly book club has been reading.
The books were crystals with recorded contents. They could be read with the aid of an opton, which was similar to a book but had only one page between the covers. At a touch, successive pages of the text appeared on it. But optons were little used, the sales-robot told me. The public preferred lectons—lectons read out loud, they could be set to any voice, tempo, and modulation. Only scientific publications having a very limited distribution were still printed, on a plastic imitation paper. Thus all my purchases fitted into one pocket, though there must have been almost three hundred titles. (...) The originals—crystomatrices—were not to be seen; they were kept behind pale blue enameled steel plates. So a book was printed, as it were, every time someone needed it. The question of printings, of their quantity, of their running out, had ceased to exist.
The basic plot of this novel is that a group of astronauts return to Earth. Due to relativistic travel, they have been away ten years, but over a hundred and twenty has passed on Earth, and society has become this safety obsessed place where young males are gelded and no one ever experiences conflict.

You can get a review of this book (plus spoilers!!!) here (18 minutes) approx.