Thread for sharing dreams

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Thread for sharing dreams

Post by Cruiserdude »

Lemarque wrote: April 13th, 2023, 1:36 pm My dream last night:

I was at the UPS Store and they had turned into a coffee shop style store. They had a promotion going where if you spent 89 cents or more they would give you a free can of Barq's Root Beer. The sign was very clear that only barqs was available for the promotion, other sodas weren't.

So I was trying to figure out what pastry was cheapest so I could get a free root beer.

But I woke up before I could decide.

Wonder what the deep meaning of that dream is.
Deep meaning of it is prolly 'do not spend your money, in order to save your money'.
.....Don't worry, I won't charge you for that wisdom filled, inspired interpretation 😂😂😂

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Telavian wrote: April 13th, 2023, 10:44 am This is a dream I had approximately 6 months ago.

I was with my wife and children in a typical LDS chapel during what appeared to be some kind of broadcast. We were seated on the left side of the room which is frankly not typical since we almost always sit dead center in the second row. I personally don’t like sitting in the back since it is so distracting. I didn’t get much sense of what the broadcast was, but I did get the sense that it was a global meeting of some importance.

Things were normal for some time however during the broadcast it appeared that the location of the broadcast was undergoing an earthquake. People looked around and were not sure what to do. A very short time later the location I was at underwent the same earthquake. I immediately got my children and went straight for the exit. I was uncertain where the exit was however inquired of someone and found it. While exiting I noticed that no one else seemed to want to leave however there was certainly widespread disarray. Most seemed totally unsure as what they should be doing.

After I went through the exit doors there seemed to be a long hallway that led out. My children and I ran through this hallway while there continued to be earthquakes of increasing intensity. After each earthquake the hallway seemed to narrow with great chasms opening up in the ground. One such chasm opened and seemed impossible to cross except for a long thin board that appeared. We crossed this board and made it outside.

Immediately after exiting the hallway, I realized that I had been underground in a cemetery. The location struck me as odd since there was no indication of this at any time before. Everything prior appeared to be normal and acceptable.

After realizing my location, I had the thought to return and get others. However, there was immediately an earthquake larger than all the previous ones. This caused the ground to open and seemingly swallow everything up. After this my dream ended.
a very telling dream. Thanks.

Telavian
captain of 1,000

Post by Telavian »

JuneBug12000 wrote: April 13th, 2023, 11:07 am The dream---
I was at church in a crowded hallway with windows all along the wall. I could see a tornado just outside and it was so loud that no one could hear me give instructions to go to the cross hallway without windows and kneel down with hands across the back of the neck for protection. I realized I just had to do it myself and maybe they would see and follow. I had my baby with me and had to keep him safe as well.

After the tornado passed I went to find my other little kids and they were windblown, but ok. They were outside and had hidden on a playground set with a little playhouse at the top.

I went to find my older kids but was swept along with the crowd to Sunday School. The teacher was an older brother who started the class with a group of maybe ten women dancing ballet in unison a tight group.

Then we walked in single file through the classroom through tables of delicious fancy food. We weren't suppose to eat it. When I touched the food it was dry and dusty.

I then sat by a woman who was all of my female friends in one. It was announced they needed woman to feed babies whose mother's could not. My friend said we could help but I reminded her my baby was too old.
That is a very interesting dream that in some ways was very similar to mine. I think God is speaking to many people however we fill our lives with pointless things and don't listen.
I think dreams that have directly applicable meanings are certainly from God and we must treat them as sacred.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Two dreams last night.... The first was horrible the second was instructional.

1.) This dream involves two people whom I associate with on a regular basis.... and is troubling me deeply.
A coworker, who is also a good friend, came to confide in me. He told me that one of our subtractors was found carrying a large pillowcase with a small child in it. I looked in the pillowcase and saw a dead child. I instantly dropped to my knees and became violently ill. I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder from above and was told that there are many, many more.
I do not know how to respond around this particular subcontractor now. I have never had a vivid dream about any of our subs previous to this dream. Very unsettling!

2.) 2 months ago I was prompted to learn Spanish. I try to fit in an hour or two per day to learn. Last night I had the following dream:
I was at the cottage feeding the animals and could see people in the woods. I was prompted to call them out of the woods and to feed them. I was unsure of what to say to get them to come eat. A voice in my head gave me the words... "Hijos of Cristo, venid a comer conmigo." I raised my arms high and spoke loudly, so that they could all hear me clearly. I repeated the words that I had been given. Slowly at first, families appeared in my yard. There were many.

I began ladling out bowls of chicken and dumplings. The large pot never emptied until they were all fed. I was trying to tell them that we need to pray for protection because the enemies were drawing near. Each time I stumbled on my poor Spanish, I was told the words to speak.

As we all knelt in a large circle and prayed, we could hear gun fire and children clung to their parents in fear. I stood and pleaded, "Father protect thy children!"

An army of angles surrounded us that numbered 12 X 12 X 12. (that is how the numbered came to me).
I then woke up.... and was admonished to work more diligently in learning Spanish.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Short dream this morning that I found to be very encouraging.

I was waiting in a long line to get into a special building. Many were being turned away and a few were being let in. I was last in line. When it was my turn to enter the door, the watchman waved me away. Simply stating, "You have sinned."

I sank to my knees. The watchman asked why I was still waiting at the door. I told him that I was here to serve.

He opened the door and said, "All have sinned. Those who serve may enter."

Our Father knows that we are not perfect. Yet he loves us and asks that we strive to be like him. To Love one another and serve as he asks of us.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

Quick explanation of my dream two nights ago…
I went to church w my family, hadn’t been there in quite a while but decided to go anyway.

We were seated and when sacrament was supposed to start, it was announced that it was being replaced for a gay “wedding”. I looked at my spouse, he had grabbed a child and was quietly walking out. I started to object to the announcement of the sacrament being replaced and was quickly vilified by others in the pew.

Dream ended, but still very telling of the unfortunate events in the church.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

This morning I had a bizarre dream with very deep meaning for me and a message for others. No, not a prophesy. Those I do not have. Only dreams to guide me... some to share, some to hold close:

The dream began with me on the back of a buffalo, who was trying frantically to shake me off. He trotted up and down the road, moving close to a horrible wreck. We were deep in the mountains of what appeared to be northern Wyoming or Montana. There were two pickup trucks and a car... all flipped over. I do not remember seeing any people, but wondered if anyone was coming to help them. For some reason I do remember seeing a dead horse on the road. I could not take my eyes off... but it hurt to keep looking.

The buffalo would bring me close and then dart off. I felt like he was trying to return me to the horse but was afraid of something there. I was terrified that he was going to inadvertently kill me by knocking me to the ground and trampling me.

I weakly begged for help; my mind was frantic.

A woman appeared on the buffalo sitting behind me and instantly calmed all that was around. My mind stopped racing and the buffalo stood still while we remained on his back.

She scolded me in a motherly fashion. Asking why I did not speak to the buffalo.

She said, "Neither man nor beast will listen to your words until you learn to speak with your heart the words you are given."

I cried out, "They are not ready. They will not hear!"

She smiled and said, "You were not ready mere moments ago. Reach them with your heart. The words will be spoken, and they who open their hearts will hear."

I asked about the horse. I could feel her tremble as she held me in her arms. "The power and strength of this land are gone. Mourn the peace that is no more."

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Momma J wrote: October 27th, 2023, 5:34 am This morning I had a bizarre dream with very deep meaning for me and a message for others. No, not a prophesy. Those I do not have. Only dreams to guide me... some to share, some to hold close:

The dream began with me on the back of a buffalo, who was trying frantically to shake me off. He trotted up and down the road, moving close to a horrible wreck. We were deep in the mountains of what appeared to be northern Wyoming or Montana. There were two pickup trucks and a car... all flipped over. I do not remember seeing any people, but wondered if anyone was coming to help them. For some reason I do remember seeing a dead horse on the road. I could not take my eyes off... but it hurt to keep looking.

The buffalo would bring me close and then dart off. I felt like he was trying to return me to the horse but was afraid of something there. I was terrified that he was going to inadvertently kill me by knocking me to the ground and trampling me.

A woman appeared on the buffalo sitting behind me and instantly calmed all that was around. My mind stopped racing and the buffalo stood still while we remained on his back.

She scolded me in a motherly fashion. Asking why I did not speak to the buffalo.

She said, "Neither man nor beast will listen to your words until you learn to speak with your heart the words you are given."

She smiled and said, "You were not ready mere moments ago. Reach them with your heart. The words will be spoken, and they who open their hearts will hear."

I asked about the horse. I could feel her tremble as she held me in her arms. "The power and strength of this land are gone. Mourn the peace that is no more."
Do you have native American blood?

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Niemand wrote: October 27th, 2023, 5:59 am
Momma J wrote: October 27th, 2023, 5:34 am This morning I had a bizarre dream with very deep meaning for me and a message for others. No, not a prophesy. Those I do not have. Only dreams to guide me... some to share, some to hold close:

Yes, on my Mother's side. My oldest brother lives from time to time on a reservation with a tribe and is treated as a brother. (but I do not think it is the tribe that we are from) ... kind of weird, but he feels a connection with them. He goes for clarity when the world is crushing in on him.

I tell him that our people are farther north, and he laughs at me and tells me that our people are scattered.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Momma J wrote: October 27th, 2023, 6:48 am
Niemand wrote: October 27th, 2023, 5:59 am

Yes, on my Mother's side. My oldest brother lives from time to time on a reservation with a tribe and is treated as a brother. (but I do not think it is the tribe that we are from) ... kind of weird, but he feels a connection with them. He goes for clarity when the world is crushing in on him.

I tell him that our people are farther north, and he laughs at me and tells me that our people are scattered.
This is my interpretation. The buffalo represents your ancient attachment to the land that goes back thousands of years. Buffalo were driven to the edge of extinction but are respected as being hardier and less helpless than the cattle which followed them. The older woman also represents those who came before you.

The vehicles represent the people and things that came in later (the USA, European ideas). They have broken down in this ancient land, maybe due to riotous living and and lack of preparation. There have been two rescue attempts, both of which have gone the same way.

The dead horse represents something which cannot be saved or revived. Like the saying, "flogging a dead horse." A lot of Americans here talk about the fall of the country. It may be that the US has fallen, and will not return: "The power and strength of this land are gone. Mourn the peace that is no more." The horse may also represent the LDS institution. The only way either can be revived is with the truth.

The buffalo is reluctant to go near the horse, because it fears it will catch whatever it died from. The buffalo's kind has nearly been wiped out before. The genuine gospel is from the heart. The dead gospel is from an institution. Many people know the difference even though the church doesn't think so. Sincerity means more than correlation.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Thinker wrote: December 17th, 2023, 8:17 pm Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Momma J, thank you for sharing your dream, I am glad you wrote that one down. I have thought about the topic of communicating with my heart before, I am aware that speaking with words, and speaking from one's heart are not always the same. The heart way is like, maybe a universal language between all creation. I wonder if you have ever had an experience of speaking from your heart and it being effective? As a mother, I know my kids usually respond to me best when I am showing love for how they are experiencing their life, without which they would hardly ever have time or patience for my point of view.