Prayers: my 2-year old daughter strangled herself

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
ori
captain of 1,000

Prayers: my 2-year old daughter strangled herself

Post by ori »

My 2-year old daughter accidentally strangled herself using the shade cord this morning. My wife found her hanging at the window.

The child’s name is Sequoia. She was life flighted to Primary Children’s hospital in SLC. Her heart is beating, but otherwise she’s in very, very bad shape. Has swelling of the brain from lack of oxygen.

She might be brain dead.

Prayers for her and my family would be appreciated.

(For those wondering about my employment situation: I’m not out of the woods yet but I’m feeling peace with what I did with the religious exemption submission.)

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Re: Prayers: my 2-year old daughter strangled herself

Post by FoundMyEden »

I am sorry, and praying for you and your wife and for Sequoia. May God bless and watch over her and give her strength to overcome this terrible injury. I am so sorry.

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

Prayers given for your daughter and your family.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

ori wrote: November 29th, 2021, 5:24 pm My 2-year old daughter accidentally strangled herself using the shade cord this morning. My wife found her hanging at the window.

The child’s name is Sequoia. She was life flighted to Primary Children’s hospital in SLC. Her heart is beating, but otherwise she’s in very, very bad shape. Has swelling of the brain from lack of oxygen.

She might be brain dead.

(For those wondering about my employment situation: I’m not out of the woods yet but I’m feeling peace with what I did with the religious exemption submission.)
I'm so sorry. Your family is in my families prayers.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

ori wrote: November 29th, 2021, 5:24 pm My 2-year old daughter accidentally strangled herself using the shade cord this morning. My wife found her hanging at the window.

She might be brain dead.

I'm so so sorry to hear this hermano, I've offered prayer for her and i will continue 🙏

Libertas
captain of 100

Post by Libertas »

We will pray for your daughter, your wife, your family and you.

Sunshine1
captain of 10

Post by Sunshine1 »

My heart goes out to your family. I’ve had very good experiences with Primary Children’s Hospital when one of my sons needed care there. I didn’t realize they had a center in their building for families to get food/ shower etc until I’d been there several days. So know that you may be able to get a little physical relief there, if you need it. Wishing you comfort.

Prana
captain of 100

Post by Prana »

So much heartbreak and love to your family at this time.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

Praying for Sequoia and your family! Praying you will all experience our Heavenly Father’s love for each of you.

LateOutOfBed
captain of 100

Post by LateOutOfBed »

This break my heart! I hope an pray that all the prayers are answered on behalf of your daughter Sequoia. May the power of the Lord manifest and heal her completely and comfort you in the meantime.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

She might be brain dead.

Hang in there brother, parenthood can be a tremendous task.

🙏

Sir H

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Words aren’t enough, I will be praying for you.

This same thing happened to a family in my ward when I lived in Utah, I couldn’t imagine.

Godspeed.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I will pray for her full and complete recovery and for you to find a job.

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

She passed away. My heart is broken. Thanks for your prayers.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

I am so sorry. Praying for the Lord to give you his peace.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

ori wrote: November 29th, 2021, 10:24 pm She passed away. My heart is broken. Thanks for your prayers.
We mourn with you , brother. I am so sorry

She is with God

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

nightlight wrote: November 29th, 2021, 11:29 pm
ori wrote: November 29th, 2021, 10:24 pm She passed away. My heart is broken. Thanks for your prayers.
We mourn with you , brother. I am so sorry

She is with God

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Great scripture.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Ori, I am really sorry this happened. What a thing you and your family must bear. I pray for all of us to carry on through this life.

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

Words aren’t enough 😔 my prayers for your whole family at this sad time😢 Families forever friend

Sunshine1
captain of 10

Post by Sunshine1 »

I’m so very sorry. I know our sorrow doesn’t make yours any lighter, but we mourn with you. You have a web of people feeling the loss and wishing you moments of peace through the darkness.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

How tragic. I’m extremely sorry for you loss.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this would be to go through. Just know that many of our hearts ache for what you and yours are going through, we mourn with you.

I love what the Prophet Joseph taught about children and parents in this scenario:

https://askgramps.org/babies-died-paren ... illennium/
President Joseph F. Smith, the sixth President of the Church, reported: “Joseph Smith taught the doctrine that the infant child that was laid away in death would come up in the resurrection as a child; and, pointing to the mother of a lifeless child, he said to her: ‘You will have the joy, the pleasure and satisfaction of nurturing this child, after its resurrection, until it reaches the full stature of its spirit.’ …
“In 1854, I met with my aunt [Agnes Smith], the wife of my uncle Don Carlos Smith, who was the mother of that little girl [Sophronia] that Joseph Smith, the Prophet, was speaking about, when he told the mother that she should have the joy, the pleasure, and the satisfaction of rearing that child, after the resurrection, until it reached the full stature of its spirit; and that it would be a far greater joy than she could possibly have in mortality, because she would be free from the sorrow and fear and disabilities of mortal life. I met that widow, the mother of that child, and she told me this circumstance and bore testimony to me that this was what the Prophet Joseph Smith said when he was speaking at the funeral of her little daughter.”

These quotes appeared in the Improvement Era, May 1918 on page 571. It is quoted in the instruction manual, The Teachings of the Presidents of the Church, Joseph Smith, and was used in the Melchizedek Quorums. Also in this manual on page 178 it states that Mary Isabella Horne and Leonora Cannon Taylor each lost a young child in death. Sister Horne recalled that the Prophet Joseph Smith gave the two sisters these words of comfort:
“He told us that we should receive those children in the morning of the resurrection just as we laid them down, in purity and innocence, and we should nourish and care for them as their mothers. He said that children would be raised in the resurrection just as they were laid down, and that they would obtain all the intelligence necessary to occupy thrones, principalities and powers.”
This is quoted from the History of the Church, volume 4, page 556.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I am so sorry.

Baurak Ale
Nauvoo Legion Captain

Post by Baurak Ale »

"The Lord takes many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they as delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again" (Joseph Smith, STPJS, pp. 196 – 197).

Joseph's words are true. And yet you can't refrain from weeping. Why? The Lord answers:

"Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die.... And it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them" (D&C 42:45 – 46).

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

Ori, may God continue to strengthen you on this journey. I am sorry to hear that your precious daughter returned to our Father sooner than expected. Much love and prayers of healing to your family.