Church is Robbing the Lamanites of their Birthright

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
stormcloak
captain of 100

Church is Robbing the Lamanites of their Birthright

Post by stormcloak »

This whole "Luz de las Naciones" that the church is pushing through their media arm is totally CORRUPT AND WRONG.

The Hispanic people are NOT those identified with the Lamanites to whom the Book of Mormon was written (see the preface). The Hispanic people are instead reckoned as part of the GENTILES, as can be clearly seen from 1 Nephi 13-14. The Gentiles were the ones who WENT FORTH from the Mother of Harlots (i.e., the Catholic Church).

The entire Hispanic culture was the brainchild of a Jesuit Priest named Bernardino De Sahagún: https://youtu.be/GqF-QX2AYYc?t=2900

They are a mixture of the Spanish and Aztec cultures. Spain is literally a Catholic country, and has been for many centuries. The Aztecs only had a limited amount of the seed of Lehi in their ranks, if any at all.

They are NOT the covenant people to whom the Book of Mormon was written, at least not as a whole. The true Lamanites are the American Indian tribes of North America, and only some of their descendants traveled southward and mixed their seed with the Aztec and Mayan peoples. Even notwithstanding this potential strain of Lehi's blood in some Hispanic people, the Hispanic culture is thoroughly permeated and dominated by Catholicism, solidly identifying them with the Gentiles.

I myself am of mixed descent of both Hispanic and Native American blood, so I do not say this out of prejudice, but out of my own testimony.

Anyone who wants to know who the real Lamanites are should watch and read the following resources.
  • Where did the idea that the BOM occurred in Central America originate?
  • Evidence of Jaredite bones in Ohio, which came about 20 years BEFORE the publication of the Book of Mormon (proves the Jaredites were in North America, which says an enormous amount of the true geography of the Book of Mormon): https://catalog.churchofjesuschrist.org ... e9dfde/0/6
  • I'm already aware of the revelation written by Frederick G. Williams, which claimed that Lehi landed in Chile, but I believe this was his own personal revelation and not an official revelation of Joseph Smith. Joseph consistently emphasized the presence of the Nephites and Lamanites in the area of the United States of America (see the above videos). This article provides a good treatment of this issue: Did Lehi Land in Chile?
  • As Wayne May pointed out in one of his videos, it's certainly possible that the Aztec / Mayan peoples also received a visitation from Christ at some point in their history, but this does not make them the Lamanites. They appear to have descended from the Cham and possibly the Tamil peoples and other Asiatic groups.
  • This is also an interesting forum thread on the subject: https://mindreach.net/t/true-book-of-mo ... overed/282
Joseph Smith knew who the Lamanites were. By assigning the blessing of Lehi's seed to the wrong ethnic group, and by claiming that the supposed "prospering" of the Gospel amongst the Hispanic people is a fulfillment of the Lamanites blossoming as a rose (D&C 49:24), the Church is ROBBING the TRUE LAMANITES of their BIRTHRIGHT. And we will be held accountable before God for foisting and perpetuating this falsehood upon this generation.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Church is Robbing the Lamanites of their Birthright

Post by markharr »

I agree that the lamanites are the Indian tribes of North America as well as the Polynesians.

The irrefutable evidence is the Joseph Smith letter and haplo group X DNA. That is not even including the fact that the hill cummorah is in New York and all of the archeological and linguistics evidence that Wayne May and others have found.

I don't see how it can even be disputed

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

markharr wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:10 pm I agree that the lamanites are the Indian tribes of North America as well as the Polynesians.

The irrefutable evidence is the Joseph Smith letter and haplo group X DNA. That is not even including the fact that the hill cummorah is in New York and all of the archeological and linguistics evidence that Wayne May and others have found.

It is easily disputed by many scholars and refuted.

stormcloak
captain of 100

Post by stormcloak »

Subcomandante wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:16 pm It is easily disputed by many scholars and refuted.
It has been thoroughly proven by many scholars and cannot be refuted, as it is the Truth.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

stormcloak wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:21 pm
Subcomandante wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:16 pm It is easily disputed by many scholars and refuted.
It has been thoroughly proven by many scholars and cannot be refuted, as it is the Truth.
The Church has even said in their Gospel Essays that using the Haplogroup X to try to prove that the Lehites were in North America is a fool's errand.

Remember that the aspect of Laman and Lemuel and their descendants changed shortly after they arrived at the Land of Promise. Therefore, their DNA would also have undergone changes. That's pretty simple.

No one knows precisely where Lehi landed, but the Book of Mormon makes it quite clear that the seeds that they brought from the Old World grew in abundance in the Land of Promise where they landed. This suggests a climate very similar to that in Jerusalem, a Mediterranean climate or a semiarid climate. You don't get that in the southern US. In fact, in the Americas, you only get that in two places:

The coast of Baja California around Ensenada up to just about Santa Rosa in Alta California

The coast of Chile from Concepción to about La Serena.

Meso doesn't figure into this calculation and neither does the Heartland.

But Baja does as does South America.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Subcomandante wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:16 pm
markharr wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:10 pm I agree that the lamanites are the Indian tribes of North America as well as the Polynesians.

Scholars who banked 100% of their credibility on mesoamerica without even bothering to read the Joseph Smith papers. Now these learned men's pride prevents them from acknowledging the truth.

Wayne May is a scholar BTW

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

markharr wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:28 pm
Subcomandante wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:16 pm

Scholars who banked 100% of their credibility on mesoamerica without even bothering to read the Joseph Smith papers. Now these learned men's pride prevents them from acknowledging the truth.

Wayne May is a scholar BTW
A scholar that relies on provably false artifacts is a charlatan. And don't think it is either Meso or Heartland. There's plenty of evidence in the Scriptures that it started a lot further south.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Subcomandante wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:31 pm

A scholar that relies on provably false artifacts is a charlatan. And don't think it is either Meso or Heartland. There's plenty of evidence in the Scriptures that it started a lot further south.

This, this, and this, are irrefutable proof. You can gaslight and mock all you want but you cannot make those three things go away.

stormcloak
captain of 100

Post by stormcloak »

Subcomandante wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:27 pm The Church has even said in their Gospel Essays that using the Haplogroup X to try to prove that the Lehites were in North America is a fool's errand.
The Gospel Essays themselves are often a fool's errand, filled with carefully worded, pusillanimous statements that are sterilized for political correctness and always meticulously crafted to avoid offending certain groups.
Remember that the aspect of Laman and Lemuel and their descendants changed shortly after they arrived at the Land of Promise. Therefore, their DNA would also have undergone changes. That's pretty simple.
That's an insanely ridiculous argument to use to attempt to nullify the Heartland Model. Wow, never heard that crock of bull before. You've truly surprised me with that one. With that logic, you can claim any group of people is anyone from the scriptures, because God can just "change their DNA." The Book of Mormon DOESN'T say that the Lamanites' DNA changed, only their skin and possibly hair color. It literally says:
wherefore, thou seest that the Lord God will not suffer that the Gentiles will utterly destroy the mixture of thy [Nephi's] seed, which are among thy brethren.

(1 Nephi 13:30)
Therefore, we KNOW that the Lamanites are to have a very similar genetic makeup to the Nephites, as their seed was even mixed together according to Nephi's prophecy.
No one knows precisely where Lehi landed, but the Book of Mormon makes it quite clear that the seeds that they brought from the Old World grew in abundance in the Land of Promise where they landed. This suggests a climate very similar to that in Jerusalem, a Mediterranean climate or a semiarid climate. You don't get that in the southern US. In fact, in the Americas, you only get that in two places:

The coast of Baja California around Ensenada up to just about Santa Rosa in Alta California

The coast of Chile from Concepción to about La Serena.

Meso doesn't figure into this calculation and neither does the Heartland.

But Baja does as does South America.
Joseph Smith explicitly told us that the Lamanites lived in the Heartland of America: https://bookofmormonevidence.org/joseph ... geography/

He literally said so and told the missionaries to preach to the Lamanites, referring to those that lived in what is now the Midwest. He didn't tell them to go to Mexico or South America. This certainly wasn't beyond his capability, as he commanded many Elders to travel to England and Europe to preach the Gospel. He didn't command them to preach there because he knew where the Lamanites lived.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

stormcloak wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 4:33 pm This whole "Luz de las Naciones" that the church is pushing through their media arm is totally CORRUPT AND WRONG.

The Hispanic people are NOT those identified with the Lamanites to whom the Book of Mormon was written (see the preface). The Hispanic people are instead reckoned as part of the GENTILES, as can be clearly seen from 1 Nephi 13-14. The Gentiles were the ones who WENT FORTH from the Mother of Harlots (i.e., the Catholic Church).

The entire Hispanic culture was the brainchild of a Jesuit Priest named Bernardino De Sahagún: https://youtu.be/GqF-QX2AYYc?t=2900

They are a mixture of the Spanish and Aztec cultures. Spain is literally a Catholic country, and has been for many centuries. The Aztecs only had a limited amount of the seed of Lehi in their ranks, if any at all.

They are NOT the covenant people to whom the Book of Mormon was written, at least not as a whole. The true Lamanites are the American Indian tribes of North America, and only some of their descendants traveled southward and mixed their seed with the Aztec and Mayan peoples. Even notwithstanding this potential strain of Lehi's blood in some Hispanic people, the Hispanic culture is thoroughly permeated and dominated by Catholicism, solidly identifying them with the Gentiles.

I myself am of mixed descent of both Hispanic and Native American blood, so I do not say this out of prejudice, but out of my own testimony.

Anyone who wants to know who the real Lamanites are should watch and read the following resources.
  • Where did the idea that the BOM occurred in Central America originate?
  • Evidence of Jaredite bones in Ohio, which came about 20 years BEFORE the publication of the Book of Mormon (proves the Jaredites were in North America, which says an enormous amount of the true geography of the Book of Mormon): https://catalog.churchofjesuschrist.org ... e9dfde/0/6
  • I'm already aware of the revelation written by Frederick G. Williams, which claimed that Lehi landed in Chile, but I believe this was his own personal revelation and not an official revelation of Joseph Smith. Joseph consistently emphasized the presence of the Nephites and Lamanites in the area of the United States of America (see the above videos). This article provides a good treatment of this issue: Did Lehi Land in Chile?
  • As Wayne May pointed out in one of his videos, it's certainly possible that the Aztec / Mayan peoples also received a visitation from Christ at some point in their history, but this does not make them the Lamanites. They appear to have descended from the Cham and possibly the Tamil peoples and other Asiatic groups.
  • This is also an interesting forum thread on the subject: https://mindreach.net/t/true-book-of-mo ... overed/282
Joseph Smith knew who the Lamanites were. By assigning the blessing of Lehi's seed to the wrong ethnic group, and by claiming that the supposed "prospering" of the Gospel amongst the Hispanic people is a fulfillment of the Lamanites blossoming as a rose (D&C 49:24), the Church is ROBBING the TRUE LAMANITES of their BIRTHRIGHT. And we will be held accountable before God for foisting and perpetuating this falsehood upon this generation.
The Hispanic people (more accurately described as Mestizo due to their mixture of both Spanish as well as Indigenous origin) are represented wholly in the epic from Mexico and Puerto Rico clear down to Tierra del Fuego in the program "Luz de las Naciones."

It is great that the Church decides to treat them specially. They, after all, will be the majority of the Church soon if they aren't already.

stormcloak
captain of 100

Post by stormcloak »

Subcomandante wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:44 pm The Hispanic people (more accurately described as Mestizo due to their mixture of both Spanish as well as Indigenous origin) are represented wholly in the epic from Mexico and Puerto Rico clear down to Tierra del Fuego in the program "Luz de las Naciones."
I don't care what you call Hispanic people, but my point is that they're not the Lamanites' descendants prophesied about in the Book of Mormon.
It is great that the Church decides to treat them specially. They, after all, will be the majority of the Church soon if they aren't already.
Lol, that sentence sure wouldn't go over well if you said: "It's great that the Church decides to treat white people specially. They are, after all, the majority of the Church."

Treating the Hispanics as special snowflakes isn't right, especially when they're doing it by robbing the Lamanites of their birthright promises and identity. This is morally wrong and displeasing in the eyes of God. He's the one who made the promises to Lehi and his seed, after all. You can argue with Him about it.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

markharr wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:40 pm

This, this, and this, are irrefutable proof. You can gaslight and mock all you want but you cannot make those three things go away.
The first example is from the Joseph Smith Papers in 1834. Last time I checked the Joseph Smith Papers, though interesting in itself in that one can explore the mind of Joseph Smith, is not a prophetic declaration nor has it been declared as such.

The second example even cites the haplogroup as dating back tens of thousands of years, which would not coincide at all with Book of Mormon times. This is why the Church says that is a fools' errand to try to link that up with the DNA studies.

The third example is simply a map of a hill called Cumorah in New York, which simply does not meet the description that is shown in the Book of Mormon. I find it more plausible that Moroni traveled a great distance over 35 years, teaching and going as he went, dedicating all the temple grounds along the way as taught by later prophets, than he's playing hide and seek from the Lamanites for 35 years without moving from that area.

The scholars agree too.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Subcomandante wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:54 pm
markharr wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:40 pm

The first example is from the Joseph Smith Papers in 1834. Last time I checked the Joseph Smith Papers, though interesting in itself in that one can explore the mind of Joseph Smith, is not a prophetic declaration nor has it been declared as such.

The second example even cites the haplogroup as dating back tens of thousands of years, which would not coincide at all with Book of Mormon times. This is why the Church says that is a fools' errand to try to link that up with the DNA studies.

The third example is simply a map of a hill called Cumorah in New York, which simply does not meet the description that is shown in the Book of Mormon. I find it more plausible that Moroni traveled a great distance over 35 years, teaching and going as he went, dedicating all the temple grounds along the way as taught by later prophets, than he's playing hide and seek from the Lamanites for 35 years without moving from that area.

The scholars agree too.
Don't take my silence fro. Here on as proof that I agree with you and have moved on. If irrefutable proof won't convince you than nothing will and there is no point in wasting any more time on this

That is why I am moving on.

stormcloak
captain of 100

Post by stormcloak »

Subcomandante wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:54 pm The first example is from the Joseph Smith Papers in 1834. Last time I checked the Joseph Smith Papers, though interesting in itself in that one can explore the mind of Joseph Smith, is not a prophetic declaration nor has it been declared as such.
What an utterly ridiculous argument of pure bovine manure. How about this statement from George Q. Cannon?:
A STATEMENT BY PRESIDENT GEORGE Q. CANNON REGARDING THE LEGITIMACY OF UNCANONIZED REVELATION

I have received a very interesting communication from a gentlemen in Michigan, in which he asks some questions, the answers to which, I think, may be of interest...

He says: "It is alleged by [certain] men [...] that when Joseph, the Seer, gave a revelation it must be tested in this way--that is, it must first be presented to the High Council or the Twelve Apostles, for their approval, and then pass on to the next quorum below for their approval, and so on down to the Deacons' quorums, and if it pass down to all the quorums of the Priesthood 'without meeting a snag,' it must then be taken as true. [...] It is astounding to me that when Joseph himself testified to anything as revelation from God, it could not be credited at once as from God, without going through such an ungainly formula. [...] It seems strange in the extreme that the anointed Prophet of God, who was the only authorized revelator to the Church, ordained and set apart to stand in the presence of God, and carry His word from His own mouth to mankind, the man who is of all others supposed to know that he is not deceived cannot be sure that he is right until he is tested in this way by men who are supposed to know the least about such matters. Surely such a process as the above cannot be true. Please, if you know anything about such a rule, tell me the particulars about it."

The writer's reasoning upon this point seems quite conclusive, and it would be difficult to state it better than he has stated it. It seems nonsensical that the Prophet of God should submit to such a test as this, and not deem the revelations he received authentic until they had the approval of the different quorums of the Church. They were authentic and divinely inspired, whether any man or body of men received them or not. Their reception or nonreception of them would not affect in the least their divine authenticity. But it would be for the people to accept them after God had revealed them. In this way they have been submitted to the church, to see whether the members would accept them as binding upon them or not. Joseph himself had too high a sense of his prophetic office and the authority he had received from the Lord to ever submit the revelations which he received to any individual or to any body, however numerous, to have them pronounce upon their validity.

(Juvenile Instructor, Vol. 26: <1 January 1891>, pp. 13-14)

The scholars agree too.
So when you encounter evidence you don't like, you just dismiss it with a wave of your hand and invoke the holy "scholars." Well hath the scripture said:
O that cunning plan of the evil one! O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.

(2 Nephi 9:28)

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Those who keep pushing mesoamerica are driving members from the church and helping to ensure that investigators who happen to research the DNA, lose interest

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

stormcloak wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 6:03 pm
Subcomandante wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:54 pm The first example is from the Joseph Smith Papers in 1834. Last time I checked the Joseph Smith Papers, though interesting in itself in that one can explore the mind of Joseph Smith, is not a prophetic declaration nor has it been declared as such.
What an utterly ridiculous argument of pure bovine manure. How about this statement from George Q. Cannon?:
A STATEMENT BY PRESIDENT GEORGE Q. CANNON REGARDING THE LEGITIMACY OF UNCANONIZED REVELATION

I have received a very interesting communication from a gentlemen in Michigan, in which he asks some questions, the answers to which, I think, may be of interest...

He says: "It is alleged by [certain] men [...] that when Joseph, the Seer, gave a revelation it must be tested in this way--that is, it must first be presented to the High Council or the Twelve Apostles, for their approval, and then pass on to the next quorum below for their approval, and so on down to the Deacons' quorums, and if it pass down to all the quorums of the Priesthood 'without meeting a snag,' it must then be taken as true. [...] It is astounding to me that when Joseph himself testified to anything as revelation from God, it could not be credited at once as from God, without going through such an ungainly formula. [...] It seems strange in the extreme that the anointed Prophet of God, who was the only authorized revelator to the Church, ordained and set apart to stand in the presence of God, and carry His word from His own mouth to mankind, the man who is of all others supposed to know that he is not deceived cannot be sure that he is right until he is tested in this way by men who are supposed to know the least about such matters. Surely such a process as the above cannot be true. Please, if you know anything about such a rule, tell me the particulars about it."

The writer's reasoning upon this point seems quite conclusive, and it would be difficult to state it better than he has stated it. It seems nonsensical that the Prophet of God should submit to such a test as this, and not deem the revelations he received authentic until they had the approval of the different quorums of the Church. They were authentic and divinely inspired, whether any man or body of men received them or not. Their reception or nonreception of them would not affect in the least their divine authenticity. But it would be for the people to accept them after God had revealed them. In this way they have been submitted to the church, to see whether the members would accept them as binding upon them or not. Joseph himself had too high a sense of his prophetic office and the authority he had received from the Lord to ever submit the revelations which he received to any individual or to any body, however numerous, to have them pronounce upon their validity.

(Juvenile Instructor, Vol. 26: <1 January 1891>, pp. 13-14)

The scholars agree too.
So when you encounter evidence you don't like, you just dismiss it with a wave of your hand and invoke the holy "scholars." Well hath the scripture said:
O that cunning plan of the evil one! O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.

(2 Nephi 9:28)
The reason why I can't take the statement of Joseph Smith as a prophetic exclusive is because later in his prophethood he definitely considered South America and Central America as potential places for the Lamanites. This is why the Church does NOT take a position on where everything happened in the Book of Mormon, except to say that it happened somewhere in the Americas.

The Church has NEVER come to a consensus on where everything occurred. We are invited to study things, but we are not invited to invent certain narratives and then display them as incontrovertible facts.

Based on the CURRENT evidence, there's a lot more for South and Central America, than there is for the Heartland. That is subject to change, and when real evidence, not doctored or fake evidence, is found anywhere, it should be welcomed, no matter where it is found.

Many of the current Heartland proponents are basing their postulations on false evidence, cherry-picked quotes, and general overreach. That is subject to change pending new discoveries.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

markharr wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 6:13 pm Those who keep pushing mesoamerica are driving members from the church and helping to ensure that investigators who happen to research the DNA, lose interest
Any investigator that wants to research the DNA as found by the Heartlanders, would lose interest a lot more rapidly because the dates don't coincide.

Because not only are the dates not on the same page, they aren't in the same library.

Prana
captain of 100

Post by Prana »

This is the kind of stuff that makes me glad I dropped the whole myth. People are STILL arguing who the make believe Lamanites are and they all believe the spirit testifies they they’re right.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

I have thought of this recently. . .gentiles vs House of Israel and how both lineage is blessed by God. That's too corny, but. . . I was watching a news cast and recording of the speech given by Robert Kennedy Jr. to , dang, I think the french people. They literally waited to shake his hand and personally thank him for being a truther.

The filming cast spanned the audience and the podium. some people had tears in thier eyes and were begging him to please get america to help them. He strolled through the crowd and as he passed and shook hand or hugged many people, it was visible in their faces that they had confidence in him to help them. Many were waving huge american flags. I almost cried.

They told him how much they loved America and asked for our help. The America of the last 20 years has done some real mean things to other countries and we deserve to be hated and scorned. But there are so many good people in this country, not leaders, that other countries, even france believes that we are chosen and will save the world.

Chosen. . .the promised land. . . Christ's covenant people. . . those who are expected to save the world. We, the chosen will be given assignments in the center place of this North American continent. . . .Jackson County Missouri. After recieveing our assignments, we will go to every part of the world, led by Christ and his servants to gather the House of Israel from the four corners of this world. Have any of you noticed the square placed on walls in the Endowment rooms of the temple to represent the four corners of the earth.

We, the people of the north American continent. . .and all those who can find their way to Independence have been given the privilege to gather. . . not meeting in Mexico or Brazil or UK or France or Russia or Iran or Iraq, etc. . . meeting here because when Zion is built then Gentiles will gather the House of Israel . . .and it will start from the center of this country with the House of Israel in this country being a part of it. . .

Now, I know I've given you the general picture, but I wept when I heard John Kennedy Jr tell those europeans that we will help them and he will not let them down. . .he wept, too. That picture was so surreal . . American flag being waved by foreigners in their country while they listened to one of our statesman who left a promise literally from God that the elect of america will be back to save them.

We know who we are . . we are a chosen generation . . . our ancestors brought us here . . .by the Lord's promptings. . .nothing can change that truth

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

btw DNA was made up. . .it doesn't exist . . .it was made up and RNA was and the lying scientists cannot use it to create or change us because it is not real. chromosomes are real but when scientist could go no further to show how smart they were, they simply made up a lie and have been perpetuating it mostly on students for years. The labs are fake the ancestry.com mouth tests are fake. . .sorry, sometimes I hate the truth, too

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

I think that "this book is about you" line used by spanish speaking missionaries in South american did some damage over the years.

I have had so may south americans ask me what country I am from so they can mock me that they are from America, and I'm not supposed to think we are the only America. Who stole the name America. . . us or the southern guys ? Who used the name first?

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

I'm not being politically correct, am I? sorry . . . . . . time to build Zion

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Hispanic isn't even a proper ethnic group, it just refers to the language someone's ancestors spoke.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

EvanLM wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 6:51 pm I think that "this book is about you" line used by spanish speaking missionaries in South american did some damage over the years.

I have had so may south americans ask me what country I am from so they can mock me that they are from America, and I'm not supposed to think we are the only America. Who stole the name America. . . us or the southern guys ? Who used the name first?
It was originally used of the Caribbean and South America. Lucky the the USA didn't name itself after Amerigo Vespucci's surname, then you'd be the United States of Vespuccia. God bless Vespuccia (pronounced Vespoochia)

Unless you believe the alternative that it's named after a Welsh guy called Ap Meurig, which has almost no evidence.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

the country RFK jr. spoke at was germany