Marijuana is not against the WOW

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Marijuana is not against the WOW

Post by Pazooka »

Down_the_rabbithole wrote: October 14th, 2022, 5:32 pm Kind of interesting...

History of the Word of Wisdom
-- Mar 17, 1884
Future apostle James E. Talmage, at Johns Hopkins University, writes in his journal: "Mar 17. I have been engaged some time in the study of the effects of Narcotics upon the system, i.e. studying the same theoretically only. Today I found a gentleman who works in the same Laboratory as I, and who has for 2 years been addicted to the habit of eating Haschich or extract of Cannabis Indica. He was very willing to give me any data from his own experience; and gave me such." Five days later he includes himself as a subject by taking "Cannabis Indica" himself.
-- Mar 22, 1884
James E. Talmage begins using hashish at Johns Hopkins University as "my physiological experiment" of its effects. He takes three doses of five grains each every hour "solid extract Cannabis Indica". By Apr 6 he is using twenty grains, "and the effect was felt in a not very agreeable way." Nevertheless, he intends to "vary the trial in the future." This is last reference in Talmadge's diary to using narcotics. Four months later he becomes member of stake high council.

[Word of Wisdom] "This being Saturday, was the day I selected to study practically the effects of Hashish. This evening, after work and all was over, I took at 3 doses each hour after the preceding, 5 grains solid extract Cannabis Indica. At this writing midnight hours since last does, I have experienced no effect whatever. The effect is said to be widely different in different people." (The Essential JamesE. Talmage, James P. Harris editor, Classics in Mormon Thought Series No. 5, Signature Books, Inc., 1997 pp. 11).

-- Mar 23, 1884
The day after he took 3 "doses" 5 grains each of Hashish (Cannibas Indica) James E. Talmage writes in his journal: "Sunday. Spent quietly. Have had no result to be noted of my physiological experiment yesterday. I do not feel inclined to try again till the end of next week-as the realization of the effects of the drug are not desirable on working days." (1)
Didn’t he also smoke cigars, later on, for his “nerves”?…and for constipation according to The Essential James E Talmage by James P Harris

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Lizzy60 wrote: November 21st, 2021, 6:30 am I can vape marijuana if my competent medical practitioner prescribes it, but I can’t drink warm green tea?

Upside-down bizarro church.
the key word in who can tell you what God approves is "licensed".
When they are licensed, then God approves. Unlicensed medical practitioners haven't received the celestial teaching of the AMA. Only the Govt of God has the authority to advise on such matters. The Govt of the World . The Govt of the God of the Whirled.

"And by the pharmaceuticals were all nations deceived" Rev 18:23

The licensed instruments of "God" prescribe more brain deadening anti-psychotics/anti-depressants/anti-anxiety to LDS than any other demographic group. The active ingredient in these synaptic destroyers? Fluorine. (fluorides).
Word of Wisdom? Where is wisdom in this?

The inspired Q15 defer to the inspired licensed whirled doctors.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

-- Mar 17, 1884
Future apostle James E. Talmage, at Johns Hopkins University, writes in his journal: "Mar 17. I have been engaged some time in the study of the effects of Narcotics upon the system, i.e. studying the same theoretically only. Today I found a gentleman who works in the same Laboratory as I, and who has for 2 years been addicted to the habit of eating Haschich or extract of Cannabis Indica. He was very willing to give me any data from his own experience; and gave me such." Five days later he includes himself as a subject by taking "Cannabis Indica" himself.
-- Mar 22, 1884
James E. Talmage begins using hashish at Johns Hopkins University as "my physiological experiment" of its effects. He takes three doses of five grains each every hour "solid extract Cannabis Indica". By Apr 6 he is using twenty grains, "and the effect was felt in a not very agreeable way." Nevertheless, he intends to "vary the trial in the future." This is last reference in Talmadge's diary to using narcotics. Four months later he becomes member of stake high council.

[Word of Wisdom] "This being Saturday, was the day I selected to study practically the effects of Hashish. This evening, after work and all was over, I took at 3 doses each hour after the preceding, 5 grains solid extract Cannabis Indica. At this writing midnight hours since last does, I have experienced no effect whatever. The effect is said to be widely different in different people." (The Essential JamesE. Talmage, James P. Harris editor, Classics in Mormon Thought Series No. 5, Signature Books, Inc., 1997 pp. 11).

-- Mar 23, 1884
The day after he took 3 "doses" 5 grains each of Hashish (Cannibas Indica) James E. Talmage writes in his journal: "Sunday. Spent quietly. Have had no result to be noted of my physiological experiment yesterday. I do not feel inclined to try again till the end of next week-as the realization of the effects of the drug are not desirable on working days." (1)
WOW! … 😂
Seriously, that is so incredibly outrageous to have a MORMON church leader getting high!! Holly tomolly Mormony!! I looked it up - looks legit, though it was before becoming a leader, but maybe his past experience was considered helpful…

Religious Leaders Are Experimenting with Psychedelics for Scientific Purposes (2017)
“…Orthodox Jewish rabbi, a Reform Christian, a Zen Buddhist, and 10 other ordained ministers started taking psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms, at Johns Hopkins University…”
https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/news/ ... ers-study/

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Thinker wrote: October 15th, 2022, 12:13 pm

-- Mar 17, 1884
-- Mar 22, 1884

-- Mar 23, 1884
WOW! … 😂
Seriously, that is so incredibly outrageous to have a MORMON church leader getting high!! Holly tomolly Mormony!! I looked it up - looks legit, though it was before becoming a leader, but maybe his past experience was considered helpful…

Religious Leaders Are Experimenting with Psychedelics for Scientific Purposes (2017)
“…Orthodox Jewish rabbi, a Reform Christian, a Zen Buddhist, and 10 other ordained ministers started taking psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms, at Johns Hopkins University…”
Why is it always Johns Hopkins University? 😂

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Niemand wrote: November 21st, 2021, 6:07 am
…. Medical uses are being studied, but just like many pain medications such as opioids, marijuana is an addictive substance. Such habit-forming substances should be avoided except under the care of a competent physician, and then used only as prescribed.
Church leaders bow to Big pharma.
So members who prioritize leaders as if god, are indirectly bowing to big pharma also.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Post by darknesstolight »

-- Mar 17, 1884
-- Mar 22, 1884

-- Mar 23, 1884
WOW! … 😂

What makes it so outrageous in your opinion?

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

There is nothing profound or prophetic in the Word of Wisdom. Those living at that time already knew that tobacco and alcohol were bad. Coffee and tea? Well the WOW doesn't specifically call them out. I'm sure God knows what tea is. Though honestly I'm not sure God had anything to do with the WOW. Now if the WOW contained something akin to boil your water before drinking it then that would have been profound at the time.

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

"Don't even start on soup... I don't know if it is a drink or food!"

So maybe if you are drinking the hot soup, it is a hot drink. If you are eating it with a spoon, it is a food. 🥴

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

the same anti-Genesis9 spirit which rages (in the hearts of ppl like crazed vegetarians, vegans, PETA, etc) about noah's new ability to eat meat in this post-nephilim/post-Flood era is the same exact spirit that bemoans his corresponding new ability to enjoy wine (plant-derived intoxication in general -- as opposed to straight-up blood-drinking).

the scriptures have a real precedent when it comes to when and in what circumstance a man should defer to his complaining wife.

Joseph's weakness allowed the spirit-of-emma to become a proper snare to this church, as generations have passed. how ironic that it was brigham himself (main nemesis of emma), in a big way, who perpetuated it through time.

in the end all three or them have things to answer for, when it comes to the ultimate hollowed-out state of what mormonism became. an empty husk that lost itself in the worldly minutae of pharisaic deadness, and mongoloid doctrine.

anyway, time to blaze it 🔥🌳

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

We have become a church run by doctors, lawyers, scientists and corporate executives. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what will.

Maybe a few more carpenters and fishermen. And maybe one lowly IRS field agent. I dunno....Seems like a lot of Caesar's folks.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

blitzinstripes wrote: November 17th, 2022, 4:46 pm We have become a church run by doctors, lawyers, scientists and corporate executives. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what will.

Maybe a few more carpenters and fishermen. And maybe one lowly IRS field agent. I dunno....Seems like a lot of Caesar's folks.
The New Testament church did have carpenters and fishermen, but it also had doctors (Luke), tax collectors (Matthew) and Paul (possibly Stephen too) had legal training.

The groups you mention are definitely overrepresented. Except scientists perhaps – the LDS tends to take advice off them. There are few notable scientists within the upper echelons.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

blitzinstripes wrote: November 17th, 2022, 4:46 pm We have become a church run by doctors, lawyers, scientists and corporate executives. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what will.

cain couldn't produce bounty from the ground anymore after murdering abel. therefore his descendants can't prosper anymore from the more simple (honest and un-snakely), adam-ic means of making a living.

Resulting in an entire class of urbanite (cain was the original city-builder cosmopolitan) serpent-seed parasitic financiers, lawyers and 'doctors', people who require others to exploit in order to 'flourish', aka the role-models of the modern LDS church, with all their babylonian chests of gold, and all the legal/judeicial clout of a serpent in a garden.

"cash rules everything around me", 🥛💰 "dolla dolla bill, y'all"

serve mammon; mammon serves you.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

abijah wrote: November 17th, 2022, 5:42 pmcain couldn't produce bounty from the ground anymore after murdering abel. therefore his descendants can't prosper anymore from the more simple (honest and un-snakely), adam-ic means of making a living.

Resulting in an entire class of urbanite (cain was the original city-builder cosmopolitan) serpent-seed parasitic financiers, lawyers and 'doctors', people who require others to exploit in order to 'flourish', aka the role-models of the modern LDS church, with all their babylonian chests of gold, and all the legal/judeicial clout of a serpent in a garden.

but maybe I'm off base in my criticism? maybe im acting like the son who hears about his father's nakedness, and instead of walking in the tent backwards to cover it up, I'm walking in with the accusing finger of a hypocrite, eager to expose the fragility of an imperfect religion which raised, taught and *made* me, not just for worse, but also for better.

maybe I'm just a whippersnapper retard who looks in the past and is only capable of criticizing the bad, while also simultaneously taking-for-granted the good ive been provided with, and counted as a natural given?

but then, the question I'm left with is whether or not the establishment-Church has this same capacity for self-reflection. We're in the midst of a spiritual paradigm shift, so, who knows, maybe the Mormon religion still has it in her to renew herself into something current/relevant? (in the Lord's eyes) 🤔 so far i haven't seen any signs of it. something tells me it would take a firesword-weilding angel or something to make someone as cantankerous and woefully-irrenewable as someone like david a. bednar & co. to get jerked out of their spiritual autism.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

abijah wrote: November 17th, 2022, 6:23 pm
abijah wrote: November 17th, 2022, 5:42 pmcain couldn't produce bounty from the ground anymore after murdering abel. therefore his descendants can't prosper anymore from the more simple (honest and un-snakely), adam-ic means of making a living.

but maybe I'm off base in my criticism? maybe im acting like the son who hears about his father's nakedness, and instead of walking in the tent backwards to cover it up, I'm walking in with the accusing finger of a hypocrite, eager to expose the fragility of an imperfect religion which raised, taught and *made* me, not just for worse, but also for better.

maybe I'm just a whippersnapper retard who looks in the past and is only capable of criticizing the bad, while also simultaneously taking-for-granted the good ive been provided with, and counted as a natural given?

but then, the question I'm left with is whether or not the establishment-Church has this same capacity for self-reflection. We're in the midst of a spiritual paradigm shift, so, who knows, maybe the Mormon religion still has it in her to renew herself into something current/relevant? (in the Lord's eyes) 🤔 so far i haven't seen any signs of it. something tells me it would take a firesword-weilding angel or something to make someone as cantankerous and woefully-irrenewable as someone like david a. bednar & co. to get jerked out of their spiritual autism.
Yes and yes

And me too

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

abijah wrote: November 17th, 2022, 4:09 pm
the scriptures have a real precedent when it comes to when and in what circumstance a man should defer to his complaining wife.

Joseph's weakness allowed the spirit-of-emma to become a proper snare to this church

Wouldn’t it be funny if the WofW really just boiled down to a spat between Emma and Joseph? What if she was so upset about cleaning up after liquor-drinking tobacco-spitters that she lobbied for the prohibition of both? But what if, as payback, the womenfolk got slapped with a prohibition of tea and coffee? I’m sure someone is still LOLing over it all.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Niemand wrote: November 17th, 2022, 4:57 pmThe New Testament church did have carpenters and fishermen, but it also had doctors (Luke), tax collectors (Matthew) and Paul (possibly Stephen too) had legal training.

The groups you mention are definitely overrepresented. Except scientists perhaps – the LDS tends to take advice off them. There are few notable scientists within the upper echelons.
you're definitely tuning into something here. having a hard time putting my finger on it at the moment tho Image

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Pazooka wrote: November 17th, 2022, 7:42 pm

Joseph's weakness allowed the spirit-of-emma to become a proper snare to this church

Wouldn’t it be funny if the WofW really just boiled down to a spat between Emma and Joseph? What if she was so upset about cleaning up after liquor-drinking tobacco-spitters that she lobbied for the prohibition of both? But what if, as payback, the womenfolk got slapped with a prohibition of tea and coffee? I’m sure someone is still LOLing over it all.
It definitely isn't a situation where a broader-pattern gets established from a marital tiff b/w joseph and emma, much more likely it's the other way around, its much larger, much more cosmic patterns which manifest themselves in individuals like joseph and emma in the day of their season. i think we largely have it backwards in how we conceptualize how our world interacts with the heavenly, and just exactly what embodies who...

i might not be knowledgeable or articulate enough quite yet to directly explain how, but i couldn't stand more firmly when i say this all comes back to Genesis 9 with Noah, as so much does, when it comes to the problems of our generation. there's a reason our thrall-rulers want us eating bugs (and certainly not meat...) in order to juxtapose them dining on the innocent`blood of babies. proper nephilim sh!t, and the virtuous thing for us plebs is to enable and usher it in.

conspiring forces have hid the truth of the flood and its enochic context from the world and from the christian narrative, and this same cancer has infected our lds religion, and resulted in a bunch of nonsense. the same noahic-era hysteria possessing weirdo females like Susan b Anthony and women smashing liquor bottles in early-1800's new england pubs/taverns from temperance movement-era hysteria, posing as time-eternal doctrine.
Last edited by abijah on November 17th, 2022, 8:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Precepts
captain of 50

Post by Precepts »

Mathew 15:11

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

D&C 89
4 Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation—

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

darknesstolight wrote: November 17th, 2022, 12:30 am

-- Mar 17, 1884
-- Mar 22, 1884

-- Mar 23, 1884
WOW! … 😂

What makes it so outrageous in your opinion?
Hypocrisy, double standards.
Marijuana’s illegality hurt 2 friends… 1 (lds guy) was caught & put in jail for years for having a lot of Cannabis… another friend was shot over it & died. It’s crazy how these friends suffered for what many are legally doing now with no prob.

And the church leaders have shamed us for drinking tea… while they get high?? Granted, JS probably did, since his dad had a recipe for some kind of psychedelic - but that was long before all the petty shaming for coffee etc.
Last edited by Thinker on November 17th, 2022, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

abijah wrote: November 17th, 2022, 8:06 pm

It definitely isn't a situation where a broader-pattern gets established from a marital tiff b/w joseph and emma, much more likely it's the other way around, its much larger, much more cosmic patterns which manifest themselves in individuals like joseph and emma in the day of their season. i think we largely have it backwards in how we conceptualize how our world interacts with the heavenly, and just exactly what embodies who...

i might not be knowledgeable or articulate enough quite yet to directly explain how, but i couldn't stand more firmly when i say this all comes back to Genesis 9 with Noah, as so much does, when it comes to the problems of our generation. there's a reason our thrall-rulers want us eating bugs (and certainly not meat...) in order to juxtapose them dining on the innocent`blood of babies. proper nephilim sh!t, and the virtuous thing for us plebs is to enable and usher it in.

conspiring forces have hid the truth of the flood and its enochic context from the world and from the christian narrative, and this same cancer has infected our lds religion, and resulted in a bunch of nonsense. the same noahic-era hysteria possessing weirdo females like Susan b Anthony and women smashing liquor bottles in early-1800's new england pubs/taverns from temperance movement-era hysteria, posing as time-eternal doctrine.
Haha - yes!

p8riot
captain of 100

Post by p8riot »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 21st, 2021, 6:23 am Weird, :lol:

Vaping is classed as bad because it contains Nicotine, but no Tobacco.

Coffee is classed as bad, not because it contains caffeine, but rather because it’s coffee.

Hyrum said Coffee and Tea, when asked for examples of “hot drinks”. The FDA has warned about drinking anything that is to hot.

It’s pretty obvious that hot means of high temperature, and later idiots completely blew it.
Coffee ice cream is neither hot nor a drink!

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

abijah wrote: November 17th, 2022, 8:06 pm

I'm playing Devil's Advocate more times than I should but... I see the new bug eating fashion as a humiliation ritual of sorts for the west. (It's already common in China, and was pre-Communism) But that said, it depends which ones. Locusts were apparently good enough for John the Baptist although not for Mormon pioneers.

Some tribes see lobsters and crabs as "bugs" and westerners happily gorb on them.

I looked up Susan B. Anthony who I've never heard of. She was born 1820 so confused by the early 1800s thing... alcohol abuse caused a lot of trouble back then and still does. It is a major driver of domestic violence and street assaults etc. I know umpteen people with alcohol problems and I can understand why some people are down on it. I don't think banning it is the answer though, because doing so produces a black market. It is easy to produce too.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Both our secular and religious leaders seem to have a deep hatred for one of God's creations, the Cannabis plant. Why? The last few decades has shown me that my religious and secular leaders are corrupt to the core and that the "scientists" have mostly sold their souls for money. The only scientists I pay attention to are the particle physicists because they are not advocating the use of harmful drugs and their research is more pure in intent. My leaders have consistently lied to me and therefore I do not pay much attention to them. The fact that the whole satanic world is against this rather inoffensive plant leads me to believe that there is a concerted effort to hide the benefits of the plant. Why?

I use cannabis daily because it removes anger and makes me a better person, generally. I become much more patient and empathetic and pleasant and kinder and I sleep better and... For this, some members of this forum would love nothing than to see me locked up and have my freedom taken away; very Christ-like considering that there is NOTHING in the scriptures that say anything about this plant. Since when has Adam (which is many) received authority to have this type of dominion over man??? For those who have a hatred for the plant, who the hell are you to pass judgment? It would be better to rely on God's word than a bunch of sleazy government types and corrupt church leaders. If the plant was evil do you not think that God would have warned us? He warns us about everything else.

The bottom line is that there is no divine pronouncement regarding cannabis and therefore I will use the plant as I see fit, recognizing that it is an herb that should be used with care.

So much emotion over a bloody plant!

Mike

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

MikeMaillet wrote: November 18th, 2022, 5:44 am Both our secular and religious leaders seem to have a deep hatred for one of God's creations, the Cannabis plant. Why? The last few decades has shown me that my religious and secular leaders are corrupt to the core and that the "scientists" have mostly sold their souls for money. The only scientists I pay attention to are the particle physicists because they are not advocating the use of harmful drugs and their research is more pure in intent. My leaders have consistently lied to me and therefore I do not pay much attention to them. The fact that the whole satanic world is against this rather inoffensive plant leads me to believe that there is a concerted effort to hide the benefits of the plant. Why?

I use cannabis daily because it removes anger and makes me a better person, generally. I become much more patient and empathetic and pleasant and kinder and I sleep better and... For this, some members of this forum would love nothing than to see me locked up and have my freedom taken away; very Christ-like considering that there is NOTHING in the scriptures that say anything about this plant. Since when has Adam (which is many) received authority to have this type of dominion over man??? For those who have a hatred for the plant, who the hell are you to pass judgment? It would be better to rely on God's word than a bunch of sleazy government types and corrupt church leaders. If the plant was evil do you not think that God would have warned us? He warns us about everything else.

The bottom line is that there is no divine pronouncement regarding cannabis and therefore I will use the plant as I see fit, recognizing that it is an herb that should be used with care.

So much emotion over a bloody plant!

Mike
D&C 59
16 Verily I say, that inasmuch as ye do this, the fulness of the earth is yours, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and that which climbeth upon the trees and walketh upon the earth;
17 Yea, and the herb, and the good things which come of the earth, whether for food or for raiment, or for houses, or for barns, or for orchards, or for gardens, or for vineyards;
18 Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart;
19 Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul.
20 And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion.
21 And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments.
22 Behold, this is according to the law and the prophets; wherefore, trouble me no more concerning this matter.
23 But learn that he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come.
24 I, the Lord, have spoken it, and the Spirit beareth record. Amen.