Marijuana is not against the WOW

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Marijuana is not against the WOW

Post by Niemand »

logonbump wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:21 am
Wondering Wendy wrote: November 20th, 2022, 9:19 pm I don't know if this is true, but I have heard it said in conspiracy theory circles that marijuana helps break MKUltra mind control. Has anybody else heard this or know if it's true?
Cathy O'Brien testified to this rule that when she was being trafficked, working as a high level prostitute and courier and under complete control thru MK Ultra handlers, she was allowed any drug except cannabis for this very reason.

It is also my experience, tho I have distanced myself from the drug, that previously implanted programming falls away when medicated.
LSD seems to have been pioneered as a means of brainwashing especially for interrogation purposes.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

cab wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:25 am
MikeMaillet wrote: November 18th, 2022, 8:53 am Hi dosages of THC often lead to rather unpleasant experiences and all entheogens should be used by adults only. People who have had bad experiences with THC usually never repeat their experiments with high dosages. This is the voice of experience speaking. THC is not lethal nor is it harmful physically; eating too many Big Macs will kill you eventually but not cannabis.

The argument that cannabis is harmful just brings about a discussion of what-aboutism and leads nowhere. People are not dying of cannabis use just like people are not dying of covid. I'm 65 years old and began using cannabis at the age of about 50. I have not had any psychotic episodes nor have the dozens of people who I know use cannabis.

Cannabis has been legal in Canada for a few years now and the sky has yet to fall. I have yet to read a single story of any Canadian dying because of cannabis use. The cannabis dispensaries are staffed with knowledgeable people who will steer new users in the right direction.

Like I said before, it's a plant, period. If it makes you feel unpleasant, then don't use it.

Mike

Have you found it to be a successful tool in seeking the Lord? Has it allowed the scriptures to be opened up to you in any way?
What I want to know is if Mike has a full set of "natty dreads".... sorry Mike. 😃

The two pics below show two very different interpretations of cannabis use vis à vis scripture. One condemns it as pharmakeia and the other mentions it in the context of herbs of the field.
Attachments
spiritual-ritual-l.jpg
spiritual-ritual-l.jpg (178.05 KiB) Viewed 561 times

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

MikeMaillet wrote: November 18th, 2022, 8:53 am Hi dosages of THC often lead to rather unpleasant experiences and all entheogens should be used by adults only. People who have had bad experiences with THC usually never repeat their experiments with high dosages. This is the voice of experience speaking. THC is not lethal nor is it harmful physically; eating too many Big Macs will kill you eventually but not cannabis.

The argument that cannabis is harmful just brings about a discussion of what-aboutism and leads nowhere. People are not dying of cannabis use just like people are not dying of covid. I'm 65 years old and began using cannabis at the age of about 50. I have not had any psychotic episodes nor have the dozens of people who I know use cannabis.

Cannabis has been legal in Canada for a few years now and the sky has yet to fall. I have yet to read a single story of any Canadian dying because of cannabis use. The cannabis dispensaries are staffed with knowledgeable people who will steer new users in the right direction.

Like I said before, it's a plant, period. If it makes you feel unpleasant, then don't use it.

Mike

Have you found it to be a successful tool in seeking the Lord? Has it allowed the scriptures to be opened up to you in any way?
I have never used cannabis as a tool to get closer to the Lord; only righteousness can do that. I started using the plant years ago as a way to avoid anti-depressants and have kept using it because of the tempering nature it has on my easily excitable character. Using cannabis makes me nicer and quieter and more in the mood to study and ponder eternal things. Another positive effect is that I rely less on what I think I already know and this makes it more easy to recognize connections in the scriptures as well as to consider other interpretations.

Mike

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Niemand wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:34 am

Mike

What I want to know is if Mike has a full set of "natty dreads".... sorry Mike. 😃

The two pics below show two very different interpretations of cannabis use vis à vis scripture. One condemns it as pharmakeia and the other mentions it in the context of herbs of the field.
No dreads for me but at the age of 65 I still have most of my hair and it is still mostly black :-)

People who use drugs/plants to get closer to God will be sorely disappointed. Was it not Eve who got into trouble for eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge and was it not because the Serpent had promised her that this was the way to Godhood?

I remember reading about Rastafarianism years ago and had forgotten most of what I had read except that I remembered about Halle Sallasie. I'm not a subscriber to Rasta doctrine but do enjoy Jamaican music quite a bit, especially a style called Rocksteady. Here are a few samples - below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNxNwvjzGM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntvEDbagAw

I find it interesting that Jamaican music is so uplifting despite the difficult conditions with which most Jamaicans have had to face. Contrast this with today's RAP music where the music is mostly angry and filled with coarse expletives.

Mike

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

MikeMaillet wrote: November 21st, 2022, 5:36 am

Mike

I have never used cannabis as a tool to get closer to the Lord; only righteousness can do that. I started using the plant years ago as a way to avoid anti-depressants and have kept using it because of the tempering nature it has on my easily excitable character. Using cannabis makes me nicer and quieter and more in the mood to study and ponder eternal things. Another positive effect is that I rely less on what I think I already know and this makes it more easy to recognize connections in the scriptures as well as to consider other interpretations.

Mike

I’d say that humility gets us closer to the Lord more than anything. Often a perceived righteousness drives a wedge between us and the Lord.
I know someone who claims to have used THC/cbc to help eliminate the noise and approach the Lord in a more humble state of single mindedness and has had fascinating results.
To each their own I guess.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

MikeMaillet wrote: November 21st, 2022, 5:36 am

Mike

I have never used cannabis as a tool to get closer to the Lord; only righteousness can do that.

Mike
I would like to offer a suggestion on that topic.

Meditation is the greatest tool to get closer to the Lord. Being righteous prepares the way , but these are the scriptures that changed my life.

61 Therefore it is given to abide in you; the record of heaven; the Comforter; the peaceable things of immortal glory; the truth of all things; that which quickeneth all things, which maketh alive all things; that which knoweth all things, and hath all power according to wisdom, mercy, truth, justice, and judgment.

62 And now, behold, I say unto you: This is the plan of salvation unto all men, through the blood of mine Only Begotten, who shall come in the meridian of time.

==================

The teaching against meditation is a very modern one and is a false tradition.
It's all inside us and it is never truly found without going within.
"You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."
In different words : You shall know the truth because it sets you free. If it isn't the truth, it won't set you free.
Righteousness is necessary but it is outward. Going inward finishes the work.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

I don't believe that there is any evidence that marijuana is addictive. It is a proven fact that both CBD and THC have vast medicinal qualities. There are many good things that a person can have too much of.

Smoking marijuana is bad for the lungs. Getting high to escape reality is against common sense. If a Bishop told me marijuana was against the WoW, I would call him a liar. Simple fact. I know people that take CBD every day. You don't get high. The hemp plant has up to three tenths of a percent THC and is totally legal in all 50 states.

There are FAR too many health benefits to say that marijuana is any more harmful than vitamin C. Just depends on what your motivation is.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

MikeMaillet wrote: November 21st, 2022, 6:00 am

Mike

No dreads for me but at the age of 65 I still have most of my hair and it is still mostly black :-)

People who use drugs/plants to get closer to God will be sorely disappointed. Was it not Eve who got into trouble for eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge and was it not because the Serpent had promised her that this was the way to Godhood?

I remember reading about Rastafarianism years ago and had forgotten most of what I had read except that I remembered about Halle Sallasie. I'm not a subscriber to Rasta doctrine but do enjoy Jamaican music quite a bit, especially a style called Rocksteady. Here are a few samples - below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNxNwvjzGM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntvEDbagAw

I find it interesting that Jamaican music is so uplifting despite the difficult conditions with which most Jamaicans have had to face. Contrast this with today's RAP music where the music is mostly angry and filled with coarse expletives.

Mike
There has been a definite deterioration in mainstream black music for the last thirty or forty years. The old reggae/ska/rocksteady of the 60s and early 70s often had a genuine spirituality or at least humour which is lacking today. (Modern reggae tends to be awful.)

I'm not really a fan of cannabis, but I do appreciate it's probably less bad for you than a lot of pharmaceutical products which probably end up destroying your liver etc.

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

Fred wrote: November 21st, 2022, 10:36 pm I don't believe that there is any evidence that marijuana is addictive.
Evidence? None will be found, my friend. However, testimony? Here is a group of recovering, suffering cannabis addicts supporting one another online:
https://www.reddit.com/r/leaves
Not brave enough for Reddit and NSFW labels? See here:

Chris01
captain of 10

Post by Chris01 »

Input from left field here.... I found this study a couple years back: Research on vibrations emitted by coffee, tea, and milk captured on Biofeedback Equipment

My wife also had a dream one time that I was doing some damage to my body drinking "gas station drinks" when a couple days prior unbeknownst to her I had drank something with green tea extract in it. When I had joined the church I struggled with the green tea extract thing as it's in a wide variety of health drinks. I even asked 2 different bishops and they both said to probably not worry about it, but this came through loud and clear as a direct message for me to consider my ways. :o

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

logonbump wrote: November 25th, 2022, 2:53 am
Fred wrote: November 21st, 2022, 10:36 pm I don't believe that there is any evidence that marijuana is addictive.
Evidence? None will be found, my friend. However, testimony? Here is a group of recovering, suffering cannabis addicts supporting one another online:
https://www.reddit.com/r/leaves
Not brave enough for Reddit and NSFW labels? See here:
There are a lot of commonalities in addictions but also some differences.

For example, I know some people who've used both heroin and tobacco and they tell me these are very different addictions. Heroin, ironically, is easier to kick, because the dependence is more physical than psychological.

The same would apply to gambling or addiction to certain sexual practices which manifest in very different ways.

I do think cannabis creates dependence but often in a much more subtle way than the things I've just mentioned. People get taken into a kind of cannabis culture and keep talking about it. They don't use it non-stop like cigarettes, gambling or alcohol, but they develop a frequent relationship with it. Kind of hard to explain but I can see a difference.

Chris01
captain of 10

Post by Chris01 »

Niemand wrote: December 12th, 2022, 5:17 am

I do think cannabis creates dependence but often in a much more subtle way than the things I've just mentioned. People get taken into a kind of cannabis culture and keep talking about it. They don't use it non-stop like cigarettes, gambling or alcohol, but they develop a frequent relationship with it. Kind of hard to explain but I can see a difference.
Without a doubt it's addictive! Especially in a habitual kind of way. I've see many people that develop a strong dependency on it. My wife has a friend that is unable to process complex emotions because any time she is under the slightest bit of stress she goes and lights up.

The hybrids that are out there today are a through the roof in potency compared your grandpa's MJ and all that 'Reefer Madness' as well.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Maybe we need to add LSD to that list of non-WOW breaking substances... :)
The vid is ag-restricted. It's a bunch of missionaries trying LSD for the first time. I think I'll pass.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Chris01 wrote: December 12th, 2022, 6:52 am
Niemand wrote: December 12th, 2022, 5:17 am

Without a doubt it's addictive! Especially in a habitual kind of way. I've see many people that develop a strong dependency on it. My wife has a friend that is unable to process complex emotions because any time she is under the slightest bit of stress she goes and lights up.

The hybrids that are out there today are a through the roof in potency compared your grandpa's MJ and all that 'Reefer Madness' as well.
The word addicted is a loaded word that seems to mean different things to different people. Cannabis is definitely NOT physically addictive but can certainly become habit forming.

Mike

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

So prostitution is currently against the standards of the church unless under the supervision of a doctor?
It could be deemed medically necessary. When will we get a thus saith the Lord for anything?

Or is everything fair game when one feigns authority and defers to legal or medical personell?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Good & Global wrote: July 31st, 2023, 10:27 pm So prostitution is currently against the standards of the church unless under the supervision of a doctor?
It could be deemed medically necessary. When will we get a thus saith the Lord for anything?

Or is everything fair game when one feigns authority and defers to legal or medical personell?
😃 The LDS loves authority even when it is earthly authority.

Cannabis is less harmful than some things that doctors have been prescribing for years, I suppose, but they were under medical supervision.

~ternal-tummim
captain of 1,000

Marijuana is Worse Than Hard Drugs

Post by ~ternal-tummim »

Weed saps your drive, destroys your life
A boredom-deliv’ring midwife.
These talkers here should explicate
My thoughts bit more elaborate:

https://sites.libsyn.com/450648/wangtown-001-weed

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Good & Global wrote: July 31st, 2023, 10:27 pm So prostitution is currently against the standards of the church unless under the supervision of a doctor?

In the Netherlands the disabled already get vouchers to visit prostitutes, for their supposed well being.

Wendyw
captain of 10

Post by Wendyw »

Niemand wrote: November 21st, 2021, 6:07 am When it's under medical supervision and not smoked, according to Salt Lake:
marijuana is an addictive substance.... Such habit-forming substances should be avoided except under the care of a competent physician, and then used only as prescribed.
Church Handbook
The Church opposes the use of marijuana for non-medical purposes. See “Word of Wisdom and Healthy Practices” (38.7.14).

However, marijuana may be used for medicinal purposes when the following conditions are met:

The use is determined to be medically necessary by a licensed physician or another legally approved medical provider
The person follows the dosage and mode of administration from the physician or other authorized medical provider. The Church does not approve of vaping marijuana unless the medical provider has authorized it based on medical necessity.

The Church does not approve of smoking marijuana, including for medical purposes.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... a?lang=eng
Here are some facts about the Word of Wisdom:

In Doctrine and Covenants 89:8–9, the Lord forbids our using tobacco and “hot drinks,” which, Church leaders have explained, means tea and coffee.1

Modern prophets and apostles have frequently taught that the Word of Wisdom warns us against substances that can harm us or enslave us to addiction.2

So, with those facts in mind, let’s try to clear up a few items that Latter-day Saint youth today may find a little confusing.
Vaping, E-Cigarettes, Etc.
Electronic vaporizers or e-cigarettes are devices people use to inhale mist, usually with various flavors. One study showed that nearly two-thirds of teen e-cigarette users thought that the pods they were vaping contained only flavoring.3 That’s way, way far from the truth. Most vaping pods contain nicotine, which is highly addictive, and all of them contain harmful chemicals.4 Vaping is clearly against the Word of Wisdom.
Mocha, Latte, Macchiato, Etc.
The word coffee isn’t always in the name of coffee drinks. So, before you try what you think is just some new milkshake flavor, here are a couple of rules of thumb: (1) If you’re in a coffee shop (or any other shop that’s well-known for its coffee), the drink you’re ordering probably has coffee in it, so either never buy drinks at coffee shops or always ask if there’s coffee in it. (2) Drinks with names that include café or caffé, mocha, latte, espresso, or anything ending in -ccino are coffee and are against the Word of Wisdom.
Green Tea, Iced Tea
Green tea and black tea are both made from the leaves of the exact same tea plant. The only difference is that the leaves in black tea are fermented and in green tea they’re not. They’re both tea and against the Word of Wisdom. Some drinks have tea in them but don’t advertise that fact, so always check the ingredients. Also, iced tea is still tea.
Marijuana, Opioids
Marijuana may be legal for medicinal or even recreational use in a lot of places now, but that doesn’t mean that any use is suddenly not against the Word of Wisdom. Medical uses are being studied, but just like many pain medications such as opioids, marijuana is an addictive substance. Such habit-forming substances should be avoided except under the care of a competent physician, and then used only as prescribed.

That's comical that the church condones edibles but not inhaled MJ.

This is from: https://www.uchealth.org/today/five-thi ... a-edibles/

"The negative side effects from edibles can be scary. For those who have a negative reaction to edibles, the symptoms can include a racing heart, excessive sweating, anxiety, paranoia, hallucinations and delusions. “They can cause people to freak out. Clearly edibles have a more severe toxicity than inhaled forms and the effects are psychiatric in nature,” Monte said. Sometimes people flying out of Colorado decide to finish all the edibles they’ve purchased before heading to the airport. Then, the high hits right when they’re going through security or trying to board a plane. Some end up in the ER instead of catching a flight home. In extreme cases, three deaths in Colorado have been linked to consumption of marijuana edibles. A l9-year-old college student from Wyoming jumped to his death after consuming six times the recommended dosage of edibles. A 23-year-old graduate student killed himself in Keystone and his family blamed the marijuana edibles he consumed. And a Denver man killed his wife after consuming as much as 50 mg. of edibles. He blames the edibles for his psychosis and violence."

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Wendyw wrote: September 4th, 2023, 9:51 pm That's comical that the church condones edibles but not inhaled MJ.

This is from: https://www.uchealth.org/today/five-thi ... a-edibles/

"The negative side effects from edibles can be scary. For those who have a negative reaction to edibles, the symptoms can include a racing heart, excessive sweating, anxiety, paranoia, hallucinations and delusions. “They can cause people to freak out. Clearly edibles have a more severe toxicity than inhaled forms and the effects are psychiatric in nature,” Monte said. Sometimes people flying out of Colorado decide to finish all the edibles they’ve purchased before heading to the airport. Then, the high hits right when they’re going through security or trying to board a plane. Some end up in the ER instead of catching a flight home. In extreme cases, three deaths in Colorado have been linked to consumption of marijuana edibles. A l9-year-old college student from Wyoming jumped to his death after consuming six times the recommended dosage of edibles. A 23-year-old graduate student killed himself in Keystone and his family blamed the marijuana edibles he consumed. And a Denver man killed his wife after consuming as much as 50 mg. of edibles. He blames the edibles for his psychosis and violence."
Just out of interest, do these include CBD edibles? The word going round is that THC is the nasty element in cannabis, but CBD supplements don't tend to contain it.

I find the whole thing funny myself which is why I've posted it. (I wonder if the GAs partake?) But I also appreciate that cannabis is probably less harmful than some prescribed pharmaceuticals that normies use. Some people swear by it for arthritis etc. So it's a conundrum.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

People who can't even get their diets right, now think they are going to ascend to the Kingdom celestial and apotheosis. Kind of hilarious.

Yeliab
captain of 100

Post by Yeliab »

JSmith wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:40 am
Niemand wrote: November 21st, 2021, 6:24 am
Robin Hood wrote: November 21st, 2021, 6:15 am I was on a plane from Salt Lake City to Newark NJ once and found myself sitting next to a young lady with the surname Tanner. She was related (granddaughter or great-granddaughter) to N. Eldon Tanner, formerly of the First Presidency. She was on her way to take part in American Idol.

It was a 4 or 5 hour flight so we got talking about a number of things. Eventually the word of wisdom came up. She had a question regarding coffee cake. She said some people think it's ok to eat it and some people don't, but what did I think?

I asked her "Is coffee cake a hot drink?"
Pres. McKay once ate some cake (or whatever it was) with some alcohol in it. When he was pulled up on it, he said, "Well the Word of Wisdom says nothing about eating it!"

Everybody has their own version. I stay away from Taurine products like Red Bull for example.
it was rum cake

and rum cake is delicious.
Especially when you take out the cake. ;)

Yeliab
captain of 100

Post by Yeliab »

Niemand wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 12:48 pm

In the Netherlands the disabled already get vouchers to visit prostitutes, for their supposed well being.
I have been wondering about the "component medical supervision" for a long time now. I asked the above question in a Recommend interview. I was soundly thrashed (verbally) and chastised severely for "daring to question, the PROPHET!" When those words came out of the SP's mouth, I just grinned at him and asked, "which prophet?"

Yeliab
captain of 100

Post by Yeliab »

I have read a lot of responses in here on this point. I must say, after page 5, I couldn't remember if what I was reading is a re-hash of earlier posts (lol). A couple of things came to my mind and hopefully I won't bore you with them.

1). I am retired (disabled) Law Enforcement and I utterly detest ANY form of illegal/illicit drugs. I before I got hurt, I could never work undercover in the drug world because my hatred for them was always apparent. I have kicked many-many doors, raided hundreds of homes, businesses, cars, and even buses in the pursuit of illegal drugs.
2). When I joined the Church of J.C. of LDS, I was counseled HEAVILY to avoid all forms of addictive substances. I WAS an alcoholic before I joined the Church. However, I had quit BEFORE I ever had direct contact with any missionaries or received a single lesson/discussion. I was only VERT VAGUELY familiar with the Church.
3). I told the Bishop and Stake Prez that I lived off the land when I was not in uniform. That meant that I was more at home in the wilds and wilderness than living in a brick house, with shiny new cars. Therefore, I ate what the animals ate, drank from the same streams (without a Life Straw) or Berkey, and I had rather use herbs and all natural treatments for illnessesesses and injuries. Thus, it meant that IF I came across Wild Lettuce, and I was in pain, I would utilize that plant to treat said pain.
4). I was warned what "The Prophet Joseph" said about the WoW was literal and was meant for "people like me." So, I asked about the definition of "Agency" as it applies to the Church and mankind. That question did NOT go over well. LOL

I pressed the Bishop for the literal counsel and command AND the background for the coming forth of the Revelation as found in D&C. His words to me were thus, "Brother Tom, the Word of Wisdom, was brought forth for people like you who, have an addiction to such things as coffee and tea, as well as tobacco etc. Do you understand what I am saying.?" I said, "yes, I do understand what you are saying, but you did not answer my question." He leaned back in his chair, and said, "well, you see, WoW is NOT a commandment, but wise counsel to help we members of the Church and indeed all mankind. We, are to use prudence, good judgement, and wisdom-knowledge with all of our food and medicine choices. But Bro Tom, things like alcohol, coffee, tea, and tobacco are ABSOLUTES, and we must avoid them at all costs." He then threw in the bit about "R rated" movies and how I should really focus on being chaste. I then asked him about WHEN a doctor prescribes things like alcohol, coffee and or tea as part of a treatment protocol. He attempted to turn the tables back on me with, "do you really think a licensed competent medical professional would EVER, prescribe to a patient, to use alcohol, or cocaine, (he paused here for just a moment to chuckle at his next inclusion) or coffee?" "BROTHER TOM, the Prophets HAVE ALWAYS been unified in this counsel, (all caps here because he was now this forceful in his speech) AND THEY ARE IN PERFECT HARMONY, THEY ARE ADAMANT THAT WE SHOULD NEVER EVER TAKE ANY SUBSTANCE INTO OUR BODIES THAT COULD POTENTIALLY HARM US!" With that, he asked me why I was grinning at him, if I thought his counsel was humorous. I said, actually, yes I do think it's funny what you just said. He, all but, exploded but to his credit he remained semi-calm. He leaned back in his chair and said, "brother tom, I am going to contact our Stake President and counsel with him, I think he might want to talk to you before we move forward with your baptism."

I stood up, thanked him for his time and started out of his office when, that devious streak in me hit. I turned back to him and asked him, "Bishop, do I understand you correctly, that we are to avoid ALL alcohol and other potentially harmful drugs and substances?" He glanced down at his watch and asked if had a bit more time. To wit, I affirmed that my time was his. To his remarkable credit, he had regained total control of his composure and was as calm as a lake in the Winter.

He opened his scriptures to the the D&C and read the entire WoW to me, and paused on each and every point in there to explain in detail what each meant. He stressed over and over how ALL the Prophets have counseled accordingly and they are ALL unified in their counsel, they personally received from the Lord. After he finished reading and explaining, he leaned forward on his desk and said, "brother Tom, I want so much for you to understand that alcohol IS of the devil. ALL narcotics and other harmful drugs and chemicals that we can, even inadvertently, introduce into our bodies are to be avoided. Sadly, people like you, who are recovering addicts, struggle the most. This is why the Brethren WILL NEVER stray from this counsel, and they will ALWAYS stress as strongly as they can to avoid ALL harmful substances." I asked him about vaxxxeens and such. He said, "the church has long been a strong advocate for vaxxxeens but, ONLY AFTER they have been tested, studied and deemed safe and that takes years and years, sometimes even decades to fully study and make appropriate determinations." He then asked me if, I understood what he was trying to counsel me on? I wholeheartedly did and stated such.

Once again, I stood, shook his hand, thanked him and as he opened his office door, he said, "Brother Tom, thank you for not getting upset when I went a little overboard." I patted his shoulder and said, "No problems." I got just outside his office door that's when the devious bone raised his ugly head, I turned back to the Bishop and asked, "Bishop......., what flavor of Nyquil do you prefer? Without hesitation, he responded, "I like the original the best, why do you ask"? To wit, I said, I just noticed the bottles in your desk drawer and wondered which you prefer. I avoid them like the plague." He said, "Oh, why?" I said, "well as a recovering alcoholic, I avoid them so vehemently, because they contain a lot of alcohol."

When I got to Priesthood a bit later on, his Exec. Secretary sat down beside me, leaned over to whisper, "Tom, you rattled that man's cage like no one I have ever seen." I asked who he was referring to? He said, "Oh the bishop." He said that I have nailed him with my parting comments. He grinned and said, "Tom, you stick to your guns, and don't let ANYbody, especially 'Priesthood Leaders' run over you.

I have wondered a lot over these past few years, just, how that Bishop and Stake Prez and others feel now....

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Mike

Pharmakia are the modern pharmaceuticals. Not a natural plant.