Polygamy = Adultery

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Polygamy = Adultery

Post by TheDuke »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 1st, 2023, 12:03 pm
TheDuke wrote: February 1st, 2023, 11:45 am Your claim. Show me. and show me from OT. Because I said (now for the THIRD TIME) the bible, specifically the OT, but OK if you find a NT verse is the basis.

Waiting for your OT or even NT chapter and verse.
You don't think David has sex with Bathsheba?
pardon my French Reluctant but what the hell is wrong with you? Can you not read English? Is it your second language? If so I apologize for being unclear. But, I asked where it was that he was accused of adultery in the OT or NT! Is that clear enough, I don't know how to make it more clear.

In answer to your question (which I already did TWICE but you are beyond reason reading and understanding like Mormon said you would be), Yes he committed adultery in 2023 terminology. That was never my point but you're so hell bent on finding fault, that you cannot see the question and you know that my point is valid and there is NO condemnation of David in the bible for adultery. Get over yourself and either read the comments or please ignore question. Pretty tired of trying to discuss scriptures, verses and facts and get sideways after answering the same darned question multiple times.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

TheDuke wrote: February 1st, 2023, 3:06 pm
TheDuke wrote: February 1st, 2023, 11:45 am Your claim. Show me. and show me from OT. Because I said (now for the THIRD TIME) the bible, specifically the OT, but OK if you find a NT verse is the basis.

what the hell is wrong with you? Can you not read English? Is it your second language? If so I apologize for being unclear. But, I asked where it was that he was accused of adultery in the OT or NT! Is that clear enough, I don't know how to make it more clear.
Hey, I got a flag on my account because I used language like that, questioning someone's competence. You may have been part of that conversation. I'd suggest you find another way to express your opinion without being so condescending.

I'm not going to flag your comment because I don't care about your drivel, but I'll just let you ponder that for a bit.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 1st, 2023, 3:12 pm
TheDuke wrote: February 1st, 2023, 3:06 pm

what the hell is wrong with you? Can you not read English? Is it your second language? If so I apologize for being unclear. But, I asked where it was that he was accused of adultery in the OT or NT! Is that clear enough, I don't know how to make it more clear.
Hey, I got a flag on my account because I used language like that, questioning someone's incompetence. You may have been part of that conversation. I'd suggest you find another way to express your opinion without being so condescending.

I'm not going to flag your comment because I don't care about your drivel, but I'll just let you ponder that for a bit.
never said I wouldn't comment on this thread, your thinking of another. And I posited a specific question about what happens in the bible, specifically OT, not even about polygamy, if you recall. The statement was made that polygamy is adultery. I simply wanted to know what god, or the scribes anyway from Moses to Jesus said about men committing adultery even in monogamy. I searched my self and found NONE! NOT ONE account. I studied each mention of adultery and found NONE for men. I said that was odd and didn't match the only other definition (D&C 132 that you will discount anyway) where a man can commit adultery. I believe we can. I never challenged that. I asked to be shown where I was incorrect in my reading of the bible.

Happy to be shown wrong, I don't have an opinion just bible study facts. Prove them wrong if you can. But don't keep rehashing your 21st century model on the bible times. Let it stand on its own words.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

civility.jpeg
civility.jpeg (20.07 KiB) Viewed 89 times