Polygamy = Adultery

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Polygamy = Adultery

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I was a little astounded when I searched the forum for anything on Polygamy... and came up with nothing. Not even the word has ever been brought up in conversation. I was a little surprised, but I get it. It's not a very polarizing topic. I'm guessing since it was such a small part of church history that most people don't care to study it much these days.

Anyway... here's an essay that I published on the subject. NOT controversial at all, just a few of my opinions. ;)

(Polygamy = Adultery)
https://www.reluctantwatchman.com/polygamy-adultery

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Polygamy = Adultery

Post by Chip »

There are 32,460 search results for polygamy on this forum. Perhaps you accidentally searched for a user named Polygamy.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Chip wrote: November 18th, 2021, 8:18 am There are 32,460 search results for polygamy on this forum. Perhaps you accidentally searched for a user named Polygamy.
:D :D I must have hit the wrong search field. ;) /sarc

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: November 18th, 2021, 7:46 am I was a little astounded when I searched the forum for anything on Polygamy... and came up with nothing. Not even the word has ever been brought up in conversation. I was a little surprised, but I get it. It's not a very polarizing topic. I'm guessing since it was such a small part of church history that most people don't care to study it much these days.

Anyway... here's an essay that I published on the subject. NOT controversial at all, just a few of my opinions. ;)

(Polygamy = Adultery)
Your blog seems very interesting and I'll be exploring it very shortly. I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments on polygamy and the Prophet Joseph Smith. I was not familiar with the story of the 6,000 Saints who left SLC; thanks for sharing that one.

Mike Maillet
Ingleside, Ontario

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

MikeMaillet wrote: November 18th, 2021, 10:31 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: November 18th, 2021, 7:46 am I was a little astounded when I searched the forum for anything on Polygamy... and came up with nothing. Not even the word has ever been brought up in conversation. I was a little surprised, but I get it. It's not a very polarizing topic. I'm guessing since it was such a small part of church history that most people don't care to study it much these days.

(Polygamy = Adultery)
Your blog seems very interesting and I'll be exploring it very shortly. I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments on polygamy and the Prophet Joseph Smith. I was not familiar with the story of the 6,000 Saints who left SLC; thanks for sharing that one.

Mike Maillet
Ingleside, Ontario
I'm finding more and more that the church presents the more pleasant aspects of church history. Why rock the boat, right?

The church actually lost quite a few members when they released the Gospel Topics essays. If they strove to teach the correct narrative they would bring more people to Christ and separate the sheep from the goats.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I agree it's adultery. And unrighteous dominion

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Chip wrote: November 18th, 2021, 8:18 am There are 32,460 search results for polygamy on this forum. Perhaps you accidentally searched for a user named Polygamy.
I should probably apologize for my not-so-direct sarcasm in the OP. ;)

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

(Polygamy = Adultery)
Here. It’s from a locked thread, so maybe it didn’t come up. See the exchange with Matthogatticus.

viewtopic.php?p=1073028#p1073028

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

(Polygamy = Adultery)
I just wanted to say that your essay was excellent, and I very much enjoyed it. Just wanted to say thanks.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Redpilled Mormon wrote: November 18th, 2021, 11:57 pm

(Polygamy = Adultery)
I just wanted to say that your essay was excellent, and I very much enjoyed it. Just wanted to say thanks.
Thank you for the kind words and feedback.

It has been interesting putting thoughts "down on paper" so to speak. Part of the reason for doing so was to help friends and family see where I'm at in a spiritual sense and to shed unsavory cultures. Essentially helping people overcome incorrect traditions and expand their insights. Right now it's a little heavy on the "exposing" category, but there's a lot to get through before a person will ever be open to other ideas.

For example, if you believe a church leader can "Never!" lead you astray, you'll "Never" be open to certain modalities of healing, certain apocryphal writings, or even understanding Christ's doctrine as taught in the scriptures. I'm actually a bit surprised how a serious student of the scriptures would feel comfortable with what the church is teaching today. They literally teach anti-Christian doctrine.

I'm also trying to figure out what the best voice is for the writing style. I have a tendency to be a little more reserved in my writing than I am in person. You get a lot more "What the hell is going on?" in person. ;)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

My son and I talked about this topic for a minute late last night. I decided to insert a few thoughts into the "Elephant in the room" subsection:

"Chew on this for a minute. There are two very interesting camps of people who rely on this narrative from the church. TBMs (True Believing Mormons) and the Critics. Both of them need the polygamous tales to be true. For the TBM, admitting that Joseph didn’t live polygamy brings down the house of cards and brings up all of the questions I just mentioned. It makes them super uncomfortable. And for the Critic, they also need it to be true. So much of their argument for tearing down the church hinges on this false narrative. In reality, it’s easy picking to point out the “lies” and “falsehoods”, the perceived imperfections. And they’d be right, but only if Joseph did what the church today says he did. It’s sort of a catch-22, a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” scenario. And then you have those who believe what Joseph taught and thought of him to be a better man. We’ll call them IDGADs. (I Don’t Give A Damn) They are willing to throw off false traditions and lies to know God. They understand that church leaders have made massive mistakes through the years. Most of them are willing to forgive the church if they just come clean. The difficulty for IDGADs is once they challenge the status quo, they become an outcast."

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

(Polygamy = Adultery)

I believe there is a mystery in polygamy. Why has it popped up so often among the Lord’s covenant people? What is always the result - hardship? What can we learn?

Perhaps it goes back to Adam and Eve (just as Adam was beguiled to partake of a something forbidden so that “man may be”, so did Abraham and Jacob enter into unsanctioned unions. Perhaps it goes all the way back to the watchers (exalted beings who went into unsanctioned unions). David too acted as a watcher with Bathsheba and went in unto her and “partook. I wonder if God’s people partaking in polygamy over time have made them unwitting participants in a type of sacramental re-enactment of the original fall of the Garden…

Just my thoughts

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

Is what God constituted through the incipience of man the irrevocable archetype?

Yes. Therefore it is law. It is set and fixed, a statute and constitution established for permanent rule. It is imperative or mandatory, commanding what shall be done; and also prohibitory, restraining from what is to be forborn.

Bigamy is constitutionally contrarian to the immutable paragon of God; that of marriage between one man and one woman.

Overstepping the outset model by posing or justifying invalid marital arrangements, is to transgress the law.

Bigamous unions are null and void; you can’t have a second wife becuase the first one is the only one recognized as lawful. It is illegitimate as it adulterates the archetypal union; thus to have sexual relations outside of the lawful marriage (between the man and the first and only wife) is adultery.

ADUL'TERATE, verb transitive [Latin adultero, from adulter, mixed, or an adulterer; ad and alter, other.]
To corrupt, debase, or make impure by an admixture of baser materials; as, to adulterate liquors, or the coin of a country.

ADUL'TERATE, adjective Tainted with adultery; debased by foreign mixture.

Bigamy debases the legitimate marital arrangement by adding a baser material; a foreign mixture. It defiles the marriage bed.

Hebrews 13
4 Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterers.

Ontario
captain of 100

Post by Ontario »

(Polygamy = Adultery)
See for yourself...

Flip-Flop #1:

How many wives does God allow a man to have?

Timothy 2:2
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1 Tim. 3: 12
Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

Jacob 1:15
And now it came to pass that the people of Nephi, under the reign of the second king, began to grow hard in their hearts, and indulge themselves somewhat in wicked practices, such as like unto David of old desiring many wives and concubines, and also Solomon, his son.

Jacob 2: 27
Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife; and concubines he shall have none;

Jacob 3: 5
Behold, the Lamanites your brethren, whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins, are more righteous than you; for they have not forgotten the commandment of the Lord, which was given unto our father that they should have save it were one wife, and concubines they should have none, and there should not be whoredoms committed among them.

D and C 42: 22
Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else.

D and C 49: 16
Wherefore, it is lawful that he should have one wife, and they twain shall be one flesh, and all this that the earth might answer the end of its creation;

Now look at Joseph Smith's "revelation" on polygamy:

D and C 132: 54-55
And I command mine handmaid, Emma Smith, to abide and cleave unto my servant Joseph, and to none else. But if she will not abide this commandment she shall be destroyed, saith the Lord; for I am the Lord thy God, and will destroy her if she abide not in my law. But if she will not abide this commandment, then shall my servant Joseph do all things for her, even as he hath said; and I will bless him and multiply him and give unto him an hundredfold in this world, of fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, houses and lands, wives and children, and crowns of eternal lives in the eternal worlds. And if he (Smith) have ten virgins given unto him by this law, he cannot commit adultery, for they belong to him, and they are given unto him; therefore is he justified.

Flip-Flip #2:

What about coveting another man's wife?

Ex. 20: 17
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his @#$, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

Deut. 5: 21
Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbors wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbors house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his @#$, or any thing that is thy neighbors.

Mosiah 13: 24
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his @#$, nor anything that is thy neighbor’s.

D and C 19:24-25
I am Jesus Christ; I came by the will of the Father, and I do his will. And again, I command thee that thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife;

Now the reality...

Apostle Jedediah M. Grant of the First Presidency, on Feb. 19 1854, revealed in General Conference:
"What would a man of God say, who felt right, when Joseph asked him for his money? He would say, 'Yes, and I wish I had more to help to build up the kingdom of God.' Or if he came and said, 'I want your wife?' 'Oh yes,' he would say, 'here she is, there are plenty more.'... Did the Prophet Joseph want every man's wife he asked for?... If such a man of God should come to me and say, 'I want your gold and silver, or your wives,' I should say, 'Here they are, I wish I had more to give you, take all I have got."' (Journal of Discourses, vol.2, pages 13-14)

A letter Joseph Smith wrote to the daughter of a friend:
"The only thing to be careful of; is to find out when Emma comes then you cannot be safe, but when she is not here, there is the most perfect safety. Only be careful to escape observation, as much as possible, I know it is a heroic undertaking; but so much the greater friendship, and the more Joy, when I see you I will tell you all my plans, I cannot write them on paper, burn this letter as soon as you read it; keep all locked up in your breasts, my life depends upon it. I close my letter, I think Emma wont come tonight if she don't, don't fail to come to night, I subscribe myself your most obedient, and affectionate, companion, and friend. Joseph Smith."
- Joseph Smith Letter, quoted by Todd Compton, In Sacred Loneliness page 180

In a speech given at Brigham Young University, Mrs. Lighter bore her testimony that Joseph claimed an "angel" came with a "drawn sword" and told him that if he did not enter into polygamy "he would slay him." She frankly admitted that she "had been dreaming for a number of years that I was his [Joseph's] wife." Since both Joseph and herself were already married, she "felt it was a sin." Joseph, however, convinced her that the "Almighty" had revealed the principle and while her "husband was far away," she was sealed to him.

Flip-Flop #3:

What does the Book of Mormon and the original D & C say about polygamy?

Jacob 1
15 And now it came to pass that the people of Nephi, under the reign of the second king, began to grow hard in their hearts, and indulge themselves somewhat in wicked practices, such as like unto David of old desiring many wives and concubines, and also Solomon, his son.
24 Behold, David and Solomon truly had many wives and concubines, which thing was abominable before me, saith the Lord.

D and C First Edition in 1835 and remaining until 1876 Edition, Section 101, verse 4:
Inasmuch as this Church of Christ has been reproached with the crime of fornication and polygamy, we declare that we believe that one man should have one wife, and one woman but one husband, except in the case of death, when either is at liberty to marry again. (History of the Church, vol. 2, pg. 247)

Now the flip-flop:

D and C 132
1 VERILY, thus saith the Lord unto you my servant Joseph, that inasmuch as you have inquired of my hand to know and understand wherein I, the Lord, justified my servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as also Moses, David and Solomon, my servants, as touching the principle and doctrine of their having many wives and concubines.

What do these flip-flops tell us about the so-called divine origin of the Mormon Church?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Ontario wrote: November 19th, 2021, 6:03 pm

(Polygamy = Adultery)
See for yourself...

Flip-Flop #1:

How many wives does God allow a man to have?

Timothy 2:2
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1 Tim. 3: 12
Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

Jacob 1:15
And now it came to pass that the people of Nephi, under the reign of the second king, began to grow hard in their hearts, and indulge themselves somewhat in wicked practices, such as like unto David of old desiring many wives and concubines, and also Solomon, his son.

Jacob 2: 27
Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife; and concubines he shall have none;

Jacob 3: 5
Behold, the Lamanites your brethren, whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins, are more righteous than you; for they have not forgotten the commandment of the Lord, which was given unto our father that they should have save it were one wife, and concubines they should have none, and there should not be whoredoms committed among them.

D and C 42: 22
Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else.

D and C 49: 16
Wherefore, it is lawful that he should have one wife, and they twain shall be one flesh, and all this that the earth might answer the end of its creation;

Now look at Joseph Smith's "revelation" on polygamy:

D and C 132: 54-55
And I command mine handmaid, Emma Smith, to abide and cleave unto my servant Joseph, and to none else. But if she will not abide this commandment she shall be destroyed, saith the Lord; for I am the Lord thy God, and will destroy her if she abide not in my law. But if she will not abide this commandment, then shall my servant Joseph do all things for her, even as he hath said; and I will bless him and multiply him and give unto him an hundredfold in this world, of fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, houses and lands, wives and children, and crowns of eternal lives in the eternal worlds. And if he (Smith) have ten virgins given unto him by this law, he cannot commit adultery, for they belong to him, and they are given unto him; therefore is he justified.

Flip-Flip #2:

What about coveting another man's wife?

Ex. 20: 17
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

Deut. 5: 21
Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbors wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbors house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his donkey, or any thing that is thy neighbors.

Mosiah 13: 24
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is thy neighbor’s.

D and C 19:24-25
I am Jesus Christ; I came by the will of the Father, and I do his will. And again, I command thee that thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife;

Now the reality...

Apostle Jedediah M. Grant of the First Presidency, on Feb. 19 1854, revealed in General Conference:
"What would a man of God say, who felt right, when Joseph asked him for his money? He would say, 'Yes, and I wish I had more to help to build up the kingdom of God.' Or if he came and said, 'I want your wife?' 'Oh yes,' he would say, 'here she is, there are plenty more.'... Did the Prophet Joseph want every man's wife he asked for?... If such a man of God should come to me and say, 'I want your gold and silver, or your wives,' I should say, 'Here they are, I wish I had more to give you, take all I have got."' (Journal of Discourses, vol.2, pages 13-14)

A letter Joseph Smith wrote to the daughter of a friend:
"The only thing to be careful of; is to find out when Emma comes then you cannot be safe, but when she is not here, there is the most perfect safety. Only be careful to escape observation, as much as possible, I know it is a heroic undertaking; but so much the greater friendship, and the more Joy, when I see you I will tell you all my plans, I cannot write them on paper, burn this letter as soon as you read it; keep all locked up in your breasts, my life depends upon it. I close my letter, I think Emma wont come tonight if she don't, don't fail to come to night, I subscribe myself your most obedient, and affectionate, companion, and friend. Joseph Smith."
- Joseph Smith Letter, quoted by Todd Compton, In Sacred Loneliness page 180

In a speech given at Brigham Young University, Mrs. Lighter bore her testimony that Joseph claimed an "angel" came with a "drawn sword" and told him that if he did not enter into polygamy "he would slay him." She frankly admitted that she "had been dreaming for a number of years that I was his [Joseph's] wife." Since both Joseph and herself were already married, she "felt it was a sin." Joseph, however, convinced her that the "Almighty" had revealed the principle and while her "husband was far away," she was sealed to him.

Flip-Flop #3:

What does the Book of Mormon and the original D & C say about polygamy?

Jacob 1
15 And now it came to pass that the people of Nephi, under the reign of the second king, began to grow hard in their hearts, and indulge themselves somewhat in wicked practices, such as like unto David of old desiring many wives and concubines, and also Solomon, his son.
24 Behold, David and Solomon truly had many wives and concubines, which thing was abominable before me, saith the Lord.

D and C First Edition in 1835 and remaining until 1876 Edition, Section 101, verse 4:
Inasmuch as this Church of Christ has been reproached with the crime of fornication and polygamy, we declare that we believe that one man should have one wife, and one woman but one husband, except in the case of death, when either is at liberty to marry again. (History of the Church, vol. 2, pg. 247)

Now the flip-flop:

D and C 132
1 VERILY, thus saith the Lord unto you my servant Joseph, that inasmuch as you have inquired of my hand to know and understand wherein I, the Lord, justified my servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as also Moses, David and Solomon, my servants, as touching the principle and doctrine of their having many wives and concubines.

What do these flip-flops tell us about the so-called divine origin of the Mormon Church?
Did you read the essay?

Brigham lied. He is the one who lied and rewrote history. Fanny story is faulty at best, same with D&C 132.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I've added a few resources to my essay. These were also added to the "Who Killed Joseph Smith? Part 2" thread.

Letter from Joseph to Emma and the Relief Society. Joseph was actively fighting the rumors of polygamy:
Shall the credulity, good faith, and stedfast feelings of our sisters, for the cause of God or truth, be impos’d upon by believing such men, because they say they have authority from Joseph, or the First Presidency, or any other Presidency of the Church; and thus, with a lie in their mouth, deceive and debauch the innocent, under the assumption that they are authoriz’d from these sources? May God Forbid!

A knowledge of some such things having come to our ears, we improve this favorable opportunity, wherein so goodly a number of you may be inform’d that no such authority ever has, ever can, or ever will be given to any man, and if any man has been guilty of any such thing, let him be treated with utter contempt, and let the curse of God fall on his head, and let him be turned out of Society as unworthy of a place among men, & denounced as the blackest & the most unprincipled wretch; and finally let him be damned!

We have been informed that some unprincipled men, whose names we will not mention at present, have been guilty of such crimes. We do not mention their names, not knowing but what there may be some among you who are not sufficiently skill’d in Masonry as to keep a secret, therefore, suffice it to say, there are those, and we therefore warn you, & forewarn you, in the name of the Lord, to check & destroy any faith that any innocent person may have in any such character; for we do not want any one to believe any thing as coming from us, contrary to the old established morals & virtues & scriptural laws, regulating the habits, customs & conduct of society; and all persons pretending to be authoriz’d by us, or having any permit, or sanction from us, are & will be liars & base impostors, & you are authoriz’d on the very first intimation of the kind, to denounce them as such, & shun them as the flying fiery serpent, whether they are prophets, Seers, or revelators; Patriarchs, twelve Apostles, Elders, Priests, Mayers, Generals, City Councillors, Aldermen, Marshalls, Police, Lord Mayors or the Devil, are alike culpable & shall be damned for such evil practices; and if you yourselves adhere to anything of the kind, you also shall be damned.
A few thoughts from Jeremy Hoops:
And a few from Whitney Horning:

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Jeremy notes in his remarks that Brigham was convicted in a court of law for adultery. I also didn't know he married 14 women who were also married to other men at the time. We don't just have to deal with Polygamy, but Polyamory.

JLHPROF
captain of 1,000

Post by JLHPROF »

God sure favors an awful lot of adulterers. Blessing them with priesthood and birthright promises, often through the polygamous lines. Granting them revelations, ordinances, never rebuking them for practicing it.
God sure loves adulterers in scripture.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

JLHPROF wrote: January 29th, 2023, 8:16 am God sure favors an awful lot of adulterers. Blessing them with priesthood and birthright promises, often through the polygamous lines. Granting them revelations, ordinances, never rebuking them for practicing it.
And condemning them for their abominations. Glad to see you and Luke are still following this thread. :)

JLHPROF
captain of 1,000

Post by JLHPROF »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 29th, 2023, 8:54 am
JLHPROF wrote: January 29th, 2023, 8:16 am God sure favors an awful lot of adulterers. Blessing them with priesthood and birthright promises, often through the polygamous lines. Granting them revelations, ordinances, never rebuking them for practicing it.
And condemning them for their abominations. Glad to see you and Luke are still following this thread. :)
Not following. Just bemused by the myopic approach to scripture.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

JLHPROF wrote: January 29th, 2023, 9:56 am
Oh, you know you like to follow my threads. Come on, admit it!

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

JLHPROF wrote: January 29th, 2023, 9:56 am
You just reminded me of that time RMN used the word 'myopic' to publicly shame and scold his granddaughter in front of millions for the crime of daring to feel sad at the passing of a loved one. I remember feeling disgusted by what I was witnessing, even though back then I was still a TBM. What a vile fellow he is.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Redpilled Mormon wrote: January 29th, 2023, 10:07 am You just reminded me of that time RMN used the word 'myopic' to publicly shame and scold his granddaughter in front of millions for the crime of daring to feel sad at the passing of a loved one. I remember feeling disgusted by what I was witnessing, even though back then I was still a TBM. What a vile fellow he is.
I enjoyed the irony when he was selective in his own perspective of adulterers being chosen by God.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

cab wrote: November 19th, 2021, 7:41 am
Perhaps it goes back to Adam and Eve (just as Adam was beguiled to partake of a something forbidden so that “man may be”,so did Abraham and Jacob enter into unsanctioned unions.
Prove it. Where does God condemn Abraham or Jacob?

I've made this point before, but people are quite careless in condemning two of the great patriarchs of the House of Israel on this issue.

God will justify his true servants, will he justify those foolish enough to cast shade on the great and noble? Those that do walk upon very thin ice.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

gruden2.0 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:55 am
cab wrote: November 19th, 2021, 7:41 am
Perhaps it goes back to Adam and Eve (just as Adam was beguiled to partake of a something forbidden so that “man may be”,so did Abraham and Jacob enter into unsanctioned unions.
Prove it. Where does God condemn Abraham or Jacob?

I've made this point before, but people are quite careless in condemning two of the great patriarchs of the House of Israel on this issue.

God will justify his true servants, will he justify those foolish enough to cast shade on the great and noble? Those that do walk upon very thin ice.
Well said….and Thank You for saying it!!!

Many are quick to forget the story of Uzzah….