Eye cataracts

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Eye cataracts

Post by BeNotDeceived »

I went to see an eye doctor about a year ago and he said I was developing cataracts. At the time I didn’t think I was suffering any symptoms, but then a few months later I had trouble seeing small computer text, and so made another appointment.

It took about two weeks to get an appointment, and in the interim, a guy at work touted thee benefits of MSM. When I googled it, cataracts were high on the list it was good for. I ordered a bottle of 3% eye drops.

So I goes to me appointment, and see the head doc, who does a bunch more tests, and says make yet another appointment for the pre-surgery measurements. Turns out headlight glare is the most noticeable symptom. Then my MSM eye drops showed up, and from the first use the results were amazing. :)

A week later I show again and this time tell the lady optician about the miracle eye drops. She says she’s never heard of them, but tells me part of the deal is expensive post surgery eye drops. Anyways I was planning to go through with the surgery, but then a letter shows up saying the recommended treatment is a hard contact lens. Surgery apparently isn’t an option, because of previous eye surgery.

https://www.visioncenter.org/blog/cataracts-drops/ there’s an article that was updated late last month, but still the FDA is clueless about any eye drops.

Now I use a 15% MSM eye drops and found Castor Oil helps too. I tried Can-C ones, but see no improvement. There are also glycerin formulations, and many more for pets. Supplements are also highly touted. I heard an ad for prescription eye drops for dry eyes, and I’m thinking to go see another optometrist.

Anyone have any experience with this?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Eye cataracts

Post by JohnnyL »

Not yet, but if you provide a link for those eye drops, I will, shortly!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

JohnnyL wrote: November 11th, 2021, 9:14 am Not yet, but if you provide a link for those eye drops, I will, shortly!
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073V44WN8

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B7QXTHB

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PN0O4M

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183422918675

The 15% don’t say to put it directly in the eye,
but since when do I ever do what I’m told. :lol:

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Thanks for this information. I understand from studies That anti oxidants help. Such as NAC

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

I had fast growing cataracts- started in only one eye. I tried special eye drops including Dr Christophers brand and vitamins but they did not work. So did the surgery for one eye then 2 years later the other eye . Wasnt bad at all. Very happy with the results. If the eye drops can reverse the issues for you then congrats.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

karend77 wrote: November 11th, 2021, 12:46 pm I had fast growing cataracts- started in only one eye. I tried special eye drops including Dr Christophers brand and vitamins but they did not work. So did the surgery for one eye then 2 years later the other eye . Wasnt bad at all. Very happy with the results. If the eye drops can reverse the issues for you then congrats.
Can you tell us about the surgery? Do they knock you out or just numb the eye? Thx

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Also note that yellow sunglasses make for easier reading

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

BroJones wrote: November 11th, 2021, 2:30 pm
karend77 wrote: November 11th, 2021, 12:46 pm I had fast growing cataracts- started in only one eye. I tried special eye drops including Dr Christophers brand and vitamins but they did not work. So did the surgery for one eye then 2 years later the other eye . Wasnt bad at all. Very happy with the results. If the eye drops can reverse the issues for you then congrats.
Can you tell us about the surgery? Do they knock you out or just numb the eye? Thx
Hi Bro Jones...it wasnt complete going under, at least for me. I remember the surgeries, the room, some of the conversations. There's no pain involved and the surgery is very quick. Spend more time checking in and waiting than in surgery. I was back to work in 24 hours, with eyedrops. You wear a plastic eye shield at night for a week so you dont bump your eye when sleeping or unconsciously rub it.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

"Turns out headlight glare is the most noticeable symptom. "

Yup.

At the start/ When they begin:

Are cataracts immobile/ constantly in the same position, or float around a little?

Does it seem like a layer of saran wrap? (Most I've heard/ seen depicted are much darker and harder.)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

BroJones wrote: November 11th, 2021, 12:32 pm Thanks for this information. I understand from studies That anti oxidants help. Such as NAC
https://www.ebay.com/itm/313413695107

These look promising too, and I’ll try them soon. :P
https://earthquaketrack.com/quakes/2021-10-21-18-44-34-utc-4-4-71 wrote: The largest earthquake in Healy:
today: 1.7 in Healy, Alaska, United States
this week: 4.0 in Ester, Alaska, United States
this month: 4.4 in Healy, Alaska, United States
this year: 6.1 in Sutton-Alpine, Alaska, United States
The Healy quake was the second one me Walker friend felt. The first was a 4.9 a few weeks ago. The name of the town again, may be the key. Anyway me Bishop Walker is Bishop no more, thanks to another Stake reorg. 8-)

May the healing continue, and weird earthquakes too, as per EARTHQUAKES!

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Try Isotine, from India. Also on amazon and ebay.

1775peasant
captain of 100

Post by 1775peasant »

i have an older Brother & Sister.....they are 2+ years apart and within about 1.5 years of each other developed some type of fast growing cataracts that practically blinded them both before they could have surgeries........they can see much better now, but they both have limitations to their site that wasn't there before?

so, i did some research and found the Can-C eye drops 3+ years ago now, i'm 13 years younger than the youngest of those 2 siblings.....so i wasn't having any trouble seeing, but i've been using the Can-C drops as a preventative measure, hopefully?

i don't use them everyday, but probably average 3 times a week, more when i'm engaged in real dusty conditions as they are soothing for irritation as well i've found......

the sister mentioned, had an infection in her eye recently that she couldn't get to go away, even with prescribed meds.......i gave her a piece of a bottle of the Can-C drops, and it cleared her eye up rather quickly.......

Poltax
captain of 100

Post by Poltax »

Bro Jones.......you had asked about the procedure for taking cataracts out. I had mine taken out in the spring of this year. I had mine done at Hoopes. It is an easy procedure. They do one eye at a time, two weeks apart. About one week before the surgery, you will have a prescription for steroids and a deadening drops. This starts the process for healing and also deadening your eyes for no pain.

You show up for your appointment, they take you back to pre-op. You will get about 18 drops of deadening in your eyes over the course of about an hour. They will also put and IV in your arm for the procedure. 15 minutes or so before they wheel you into the operating room they put some gel on your eye. Again this is for deadening. You can feel you eye deadening up. It is kind of tingley, does not hurt. They wheel you into the operating room, give you a sedative in the IV. Your out until you wake up in the recovery area. The Dr, did wake me up during the procedure and I had to follow a red light with my eye. Other then that its easy peasy. My 2nd procedure, they did not knock me out as much and I was awake a bit more, or at least aware of some things. Never felt any pain nor discomfort.

Recovery is easy, first day you will have blurred vision in the eye that the procedure was done. As the day goes on you can see better and the next day is close to normal. My surgery was on Thursday, I had a follow up on Friday and drove 300 miles back home.

I was amazed at how the colors were so vibrant and my vision was much more clear. I had been seeing tans and grays and my colors were so much more vivid. Night driving had halos for awhile, but they have gradually gone away over the last few months. I do experience dry eyes a bit more, but OTC drops help with that. For me this has been a blessing as I travel a lot by vehicle for my work.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

MSM has really helped, and today I tried
OPTICLEAR wrote:
SOOTHING Eye Drops with 2% N-Acetylcarnosine,

N-acetylcarnosine, a dipeptide found in muscle and nerve cells, can help maintain protein integrity in the lens and is being studied in eye drop form for treatment of cataracts.

When applied in eye drops, NAC makes its way to the interior of the eye, where it may have antioxidant effects. Oxidation of lipids in the lens of the eye is thought to contribute to cataracts. NAC may also help prevent ?cross-linking? of proteins, another factor behind cataracts. N-acetylcarnosine has a wealth of properties which can improve the function of the aging eye.
These also have glycerin, which feels good on my dry eyes. While surgery works, cataracts appear to be a symptom of underlying deficiencies. I’ve noticed many other benefits besides just being able to see better. Especially now having just applied the NAC drops. 8-)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

My daughter made MSM eye drops a while ago, and gave me some. I had actually forgotten all she said about why she made them (and had even forgotten they existed), but your thread reminded me that I had some, so I began taking them yesterday.

Around a year and a half ago, the optometrist said I had the bare beginnings of glaucoma in my eyes and the bare beginnings of cataracts in my left eye. During this last year, I've noticed that things look a bit cloudy out of my left eye. Also, my left eye shuts down a lot and I find myself looking at things with only my right eye. I'm working to consciously use both eyes.

I didn't know that about headlight glare stuff, but I did know that headlight glare has been driving me crazy for the last 1 1/2 - 2 years.

Also the bit about cataracts having to do with underlying deficiencies makes sense.

MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is a sulfur-rich compound and sulfur actually is like sticky flypaper that attracts toxicities, and it helps flush those toxicities out of the body. Sulfur is needed to recycle glutathione, which is the “master antioxidant” in the body, and critically important for eye health.

MSM eye drops soften all the tissue, reduce inflammation, and help to remove toxicities from any part of the eye – especially the vitreous, which is the back, jelly-like part of the eye.

Moreover. MSM increases cell permeability, which improves nutrient flow and absorption throughout the eye. This is important for balancing intraocular pressure, removing toxicities from the eye, and repairing damaged membranes.

MSM eye drops can help eliminate eye floaters and relieve eye problems such as cataract and glaucoma.

I make my own eye drops because most store bought eye drops contain preservatives and chemicals that our eyes should not be exposed to long-term and can cause eye irritation to become worse.

The recipe my daughter used -
MSM Eye Drop Recipe
Equipment:
Measuring spoon
Dropper bottle
Heat resistant jug with a pouring lip
Heat resistant Glass
Demineralized water for sterilisation
Sterilising wipes
Strainer

SERVINGS:
5 dropper bottles size 1.6 oz. / 0,5 dl

Ingredients:
8 oz. / 2,5½dl Sterile water or demineralized water
0.5 - 1 tsp. rock salt or sea salt (I use Himalayan salt)
2,5 tsp. MSM powder

measurement ratio:
Water: 89.5% (250grams)
Salt: 1.5% (4.25gram)
MSM powder: 9% (24.25gram)

Directions:
STERILIZE
Wash hands thoroughly, a pair of clean gloves is recommended.
Clean working surfaces.
Place your equipment in the sink.
Pour boiling hot demineralised water over your equipment.
Wipe it all off with sterilising wipes.

MAKE THE SALT WATER SOLUTION
Boil the 8 oz. / 2,5½dl demineralised water.
Pour in into a jug.
Add the salt.
Stir until dissolved.
Strain into another jug or glass.

MAKING THE MSM DROPS
Pour your salt water solution into a jug with a pouring lip
Add MSM powder.
Stir until dissolved.
Pour the mixture into a dropper bottles.
The eye drops should have the same shelf life as the organic sulfur (MSM) has.
Shake the solution before each use.

How To Use MSM Eye Drops:

First test a few drops on your arm for any allergic reaction.

To achieve the most benefit, apply the MSM eye drops to your eyes on a regular basis.

I apply one drop to each eye 2-4 times a day.

Wash your hands before putting in your eye drops.

Keep the dropper from touching any part of your eye.

Note that it’s normal for a bit of a sting in the first minute when applying the eye drops, this is a good thing because that opens up the eye circulation.

All the quotes are from here. And I didn't quote the whole blog 😁, so if you're interested . . . . It is an interesting site. I'd recommend going to it. She also says not to use MSM drops if you're allergic to sulfur (eggs, garlic, cruciferous vegetables).

P.S. If you reply to me with something that needs me to answer, I might not for a while. Today is my last day on this forum for a month - doing a month-long fast from two forums I go to a lot.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Silver Pie wrote: December 31st, 2021, 10:48 am My daughter made MSM eye drops a while ago, and gave me some. I had actually forgotten all she said about why she made them (and had even forgotten they existed), but your thread reminded me that I had some, so I began taking them yesterday.

Around a year and a half ago, the optometrist said I had the bare beginnings of glaucoma in my eyes and the bare beginnings of cataracts in my left eye. During this last year, I've noticed that things look a bit cloudy out of my left eye. Also, my left eye shuts down a lot and I find myself looking at things with only my right eye. I'm working to consciously use both eyes.

I didn't know that about headlight glare stuff, but I did know that headlight glare has been driving me crazy for the last 1 1/2 - 2 years.

Also the bit about cataracts having to do with underlying deficiencies makes sense.

MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is a sulfur-rich compound and sulfur actually is like sticky flypaper that attracts toxicities, and it helps flush those toxicities out of the body. Sulfur is needed to recycle glutathione, which is the “master antioxidant” in the body, and critically important for eye health.

MSM eye drops soften all the tissue, reduce inflammation, and help to remove toxicities from any part of the eye – especially the vitreous, which is the back, jelly-like part of the eye.

Moreover. MSM increases cell permeability, which improves nutrient flow and absorption throughout the eye. This is important for balancing intraocular pressure, removing toxicities from the eye, and repairing damaged membranes.

MSM eye drops can help eliminate eye floaters and relieve eye problems such as cataract and glaucoma.

I make my own eye drops because most store bought eye drops contain preservatives and chemicals that our eyes should not be exposed to long-term and can cause eye irritation to become worse.

The recipe my daughter used -
MSM Eye Drop Recipe
Equipment:
Measuring spoon
Dropper bottle
Heat resistant jug with a pouring lip
Heat resistant Glass
Demineralized water for sterilisation
Sterilising wipes
Strainer

SERVINGS:
5 dropper bottles size 1.6 oz. / 0,5 dl

Ingredients:
8 oz. / 2,5½dl Sterile water or demineralized water
0.5 - 1 tsp. rock salt or sea salt (I use Himalayan salt)
2,5 tsp. MSM powder

measurement ratio:
Water: 89.5% (250grams)
Salt: 1.5% (4.25gram)
MSM powder: 9% (24.25gram)

Directions:
STERILIZE
Wash hands thoroughly, a pair of clean gloves is recommended.
Clean working surfaces.
Place your equipment in the sink.
Pour boiling hot demineralised water over your equipment.
Wipe it all off with sterilising wipes.

MAKE THE SALT WATER SOLUTION
Boil the 8 oz. / 2,5½dl demineralised water.
Pour in into a jug.
Add the salt.
Stir until dissolved.
Strain into another jug or glass.

MAKING THE MSM DROPS
Pour your salt water solution into a jug with a pouring lip
Add MSM powder.
Stir until dissolved.
Pour the mixture into a dropper bottles.
The eye drops should have the same shelf life as the organic sulfur (MSM) has.
Shake the solution before each use.

How To Use MSM Eye Drops:

First test a few drops on your arm for any allergic reaction.

To achieve the most benefit, apply the MSM eye drops to your eyes on a regular basis.

I apply one drop to each eye 2-4 times a day.

Wash your hands before putting in your eye drops.

Keep the dropper from touching any part of your eye.

Note that it’s normal for a bit of a sting in the first minute when applying the eye drops, this is a good thing because that opens up the eye circulation.

All the quotes are from here. And I didn't quote the whole blog 😁, so if you're interested . . . . It is an interesting site. I'd recommend going to it. She also says not to use MSM drops if you're allergic to sulfur (eggs, garlic, cruciferous vegetables).

P.S. If you reply to me with something that needs me to answer, I might not for a while. Today is my last day on this forum for a month - doing a month-long fast from two forums I go to a lot.
I did a day fast the other day, and will continue to do them. I did many months before, felt pretty good.
Good blessings and luck!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

JohnnyL wrote: December 31st, 2021, 4:37 pm I did a day fast the other day, and will continue to do them. I did many months before, felt pretty good.
Good blessings and luck!
Thank you. I am logging in briefly today (brief, for me), then going on to finish the forums fast. It really has been good. I feel like I'm hearing God's voice more when I don't have the other voices I'm paying attention to (I"m talking about voices talking about all the crap going on today, as well as reading the fear and anger about it all).

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Update on this, please (so as not to derail the miracle healings thread.
BeNotDeceived wrote: December 29th, 2021, 7:59 pm
MSM has really helped, and today I tried
OPTICLEAR wrote:
SOOTHING Eye Drops with 2% N-Acetylcarnosine,

N-acetylcarnosine, a dipeptide found in muscle and nerve cells, can help maintain protein integrity in the lens and is being studied in eye drop form for treatment of cataracts.

When applied in eye drops, NAC makes its way to the interior of the eye, where it may have antioxidant effects. Oxidation of lipids in the lens of the eye is thought to contribute to cataracts. NAC may also help prevent ?cross-linking? of proteins, another factor behind cataracts. N-acetylcarnosine has a wealth of properties which can improve the function of the aging eye.
These also have glycerin, which feels good on my dry eyes. While surgery works, cataracts appear to be a symptom of underlying deficiencies. I’ve noticed many other benefits besides just being able to see better. Especially now having just applied the NAC drops. 8-)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Adding this to the thread -
madvin wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 2:32 pm Here's one very good source:
"Gold Standard Organic Sulfer" Liquid MSM drops w/ vit. C 1-2 drops per eye up to 3 x per day
www.h2oairwateramericas.com

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

JohnnyL wrote: November 11th, 2021, 8:02 pm At the start/ When they begin:

Are cataracts immobile/ constantly in the same position, or float around a little?

Does it seem like a layer of saran wrap? (Most I've heard/ seen depicted are much darker and harder.)
To me, it is like looking through a light fog or cloud that gradually gets more cloudy white. It covers the whole eye, but the edges seem more clear.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

In another thread, you said your cataracts were gone. How many times a day did you put drops in?

I tried MSM in both eyes, and it kept giving me headaches if I did it every day. More recently, I decided to put them in only the affected eye (because of your and the other person who posted successes). Jury's still out on whether or not it will give me those bad headaches.
BeNotDeceived wrote: November 11th, 2021, 6:11 am I went to see an eye doctor about a year ago and he said I was developing cataracts. At the time I didn’t think I was suffering any symptoms, but then a few months later I had trouble seeing small computer text, and so made another appointment.

It took about two weeks to get an appointment, and in the interim, a guy at work touted thee benefits of MSM. When I googled it, cataracts were high on the list it was good for. I ordered a bottle of 3% eye drops.

So I goes to me appointment, and see the head doc, who does a bunch more tests, and says make yet another appointment for the pre-surgery measurements. Turns out headlight glare is the most noticeable symptom. Then my MSM eye drops showed up, and from the first use the results were amazing. :)

A week later I show again and this time tell the lady optician about the miracle eye drops. She says she’s never heard of them, but tells me part of the deal is expensive post surgery eye drops. Anyways I was planning to go through with the surgery, but then a letter shows up saying the recommended treatment is a hard contact lens. Surgery apparently isn’t an option, because of previous eye surgery.

https://www.visioncenter.org/blog/cataracts-drops/ there’s an article that was updated late last month, but still the FDA is clueless about any eye drops.

Now I use a 15% MSM eye drops and found Castor Oil helps too. I tried Can-C ones, but see no improvement. There are also glycerin formulations, and many more for pets. Supplements are also highly touted. I heard an ad for prescription eye drops for dry eyes, and I’m thinking to go see another optometrist.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I also heard that high doses of vit C help.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Lutein.

I drove a guy to Provo to get eye surgery, but it turned out the lutein had cured him and he didn't need the surgery.

Or also beta carotene.
dc

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

David13 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 11:05 pm Lutein.

I drove a guy to Provo to get eye surgery, but it turned out the lutein had cured him and he didn't need the surgery.

Or also beta carotene.
dc
Subscribed: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFRQFQT

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

I had cataract surgery on both eyes about four years ago (Excel Eye Center in Provo). Now I see like a teenager, up close and far away. I was surprised to find, after surgery on the first eye, that I had been looking at the world through dirt-colored lenses: The snow was white when viewed through the completed eye, and dirty tan through the other eye. Two weeks later, with the second surgery, suddenly everything was beautiful--even gravel!
Last edited by NowWhat on November 30th, 2022, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.