Please pray and fast for me!

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Please pray and fast for me!

Post by XEmilyX »

Please pray and/or fast for me! I have my civil commitment hearing tomorrow. They have been forcing medication into me the last two years and it's making me miserable, gain weight and mess with my brain. I'm terrified ill get seizures if I stay on these meds.
I am very nervous because today the civil commitment designated examiner basically already decided what he was going to say to the judge before I even talked to him because he "knew who I was" in the mental ward over 2 years ago.

The judge already decided what the answer would be last time before I even stated my case. Someone told me "the judge has already decided to keep you on meds" before we even got in the hearing.

This is terrible. Please bless the judge's heart will be softened and I can get off these meds.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Re: Please pray and fast for me!

Post by OCDMOM »

Praying for you Emily.

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

I'm praying for you Emily.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Praying for you.

I Dont Know...
captain of 100

Post by I Dont Know... »

....Gods grace and peace be with you my sister.....

Iceberg
captain of 100

Post by Iceberg »

Praying for the miracle you desire.

TruthSeeker77
captain of 100

Post by TruthSeeker77 »

I'll be praying for you as well.

stormcloak
captain of 100

Post by stormcloak »

Praying... I hope they'll be merciful. I'm so sorry if they deny your request.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

What you are dealing with is heartbreaking. I am going to try the distant personality release method. It's about loving someone more because they are doing something wrong. Meaning, if they don't do the wrong thing, you would love them less. Sometimes this helps release us from people trying to deliberately harm us. It's from Grant McFetrige's Whole Hearted Healing manual.
Last edited by Juliet on November 8th, 2021, 9:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

XEmilyX wrote: November 8th, 2021, 2:13 pm Please pray and/or fast for me! I have my civil commitment hearing tomorrow. They have been forcing medication into me the last two years and it's making me miserable, gain weight and mess with my brain. I'm terrified ill get seizures if I stay on these meds.
I am very nervous because today the civil commitment designated examiner basically already decided what he was going to say to the judge before I even talked to him because he "knew who I was" in the mental ward over 2 years ago.

The judge already decided what the answer would be last time before I even stated my case. Someone told me "the judge has already decided to keep you on meds" before we even got in the hearing.

This is terrible. Please bless the judge's heart will be softened and I can get off these meds.
Do you have an attorney/need an attorney? I know it’s too late for tomorrow, but it sounds like you need an advocate. Would that ever be a possibility for you?

p.s. Praying for you too!

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Allison wrote: November 8th, 2021, 8:49 pm
XEmilyX wrote: November 8th, 2021, 2:13 pm Please pray and/or fast for me! I have my civil commitment hearing tomorrow. They have been forcing medication into me the last two years and it's making me miserable, gain weight and mess with my brain. I'm terrified ill get seizures if I stay on these meds.

Do you have an attorney/need an attorney? I know it’s too late for tomorrow, but it sounds like you need an advocate. Would that ever be a possibility for you?

Yes I do need an attorney. Thank you for the prayers

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

XEmilyX wrote: November 9th, 2021, 8:12 am

Where are you? Let us know how it goes today. If not so we’ll, it would be good to get a ballpark idea of what it would cost to hire you a shark (an honorable one…there are some out there) to draft some pleadings for you and go to court and be your voice. It could be as cheap as $1-2K depending on where you live.

But praying today for a miracle for you so all of that will be unnecessary. Heavenly Father loves you; hang on!

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Allison wrote: November 9th, 2021, 8:26 am

Where are you? Let us know how it goes today. If not so we’ll, it would be good to get a ballpark idea of what it would cost to hire you a shark (an honorable one…there are some out there) to draft some pleadings for you and go to court and be your voice. It could be as cheap as $1-2K depending on where you live.

But praying today for a miracle for you so all of that will be unnecessary. Heavenly Father loves you; hang on!
I live in st george utah.
So apparently the attorney I fired was there today and asked for a continuation of 2 weeks so I can have some time to talk and have witnesses then I can come back to court and testify. He told me to call his office and I did and he didn't answer. So idk what to do I thought I fired him.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

XEmilyX wrote: November 9th, 2021, 6:26 pm

So apparently the attorney I fired was there today and asked for a continuation of 2 weeks so I can have some time to talk and have witnesses then I can come back to court and testify. He told me to call his office and I did and he didn't answer. So idk what to do I thought I fired him.
Good, you’ve got a couple of weeks to get a new attorney! It was good he showed up for you! Did you fire him because he doesn’t fight for you? Does he try to talk you into caving in?

Do you have time to call a bunch of attorneys there in St. George? I suggest asking any and every attorney you can who they would go to for a situation like yours. If they give a name, ask if he is a shark with integrity. (And I hate to say this, but I do not recommend female attorneys, no matter how smart they are. I’ve seen more female attorneys talk their clients into settling the case (and they chalk it up to a victory), and even a fair share of men. Very few people enjoy being a gladiator, but that is what your money is paying for, right? You want to/must win this case!

After you’ve made 25 out 30 calls (some attorneys require you to make and pay for an appointment, but I’ve found quite a few will spend a couple of minutes on the phone answering your questions), a name or a few names will emerge.

Remember, you are not interviewing your next attorney at this point. You just want to know which attorney the other attorneys want to hire! And then maybe you can make an appointment or two and interview someone for the job!

I am really grateful you had someone there to get you a continuance! Will keep praying for you, Emily.

p.s. When you are asking attorneys who they would hire, try to talk to all kinds of attorneys—defense, real estate, probate, etc. You are sampling from a large pool that way.

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Allison wrote: November 9th, 2021, 8:02 pm

Good, you’ve got a couple of weeks to get a new attorney! It was good he showed up for you! Did you fire him because he doesn’t fight for you? Does he try to talk you into caving in?

Do you have time to call a bunch of attorneys there in St. George? I suggest asking any and every attorney you can who they would go to for a situation like yours. If they give a name, ask if he is a shark with integrity. (And I hate to say this, but I do not recommend female attorneys, no matter how smart they are. I’ve seen more female attorneys talk their clients into settling the case (and they chalk it up to a victory), and even a fair share of men. Very few people enjoy being a gladiator, but that is what your money is paying for, right? You want to/must win this case!

After you’ve made 25 out 30 calls (some attorneys require you to make and pay for an appointment, but I’ve found quite a few will spend a couple of minutes on the phone answering your questions), a name or a few names will emerge.

Remember, you are not interviewing your next attorney at this point. You just want to know which attorney the other attorneys want to hire! And then maybe you can make an appointment or two and interview someone for the job!

I am really grateful you had someone there to get you a continuance! Will keep praying for you, Emily.

p.s. When you are asking attorneys who they would hire, try to talk to all kinds of attorneys—defense, real estate, probate, etc. You are sampling from a large pool that way.
Well the 7 I've talked to are like "we don't specialize in that area"

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

XEmilyX wrote: November 9th, 2021, 8:34 pm
Allison wrote: November 9th, 2021, 8:02 pm

Well the 7 I've talked to are like "we don't specialize in that area"
Ah, but remember, you are not interviewing them for the job at this point. You want to find out who they would call if they or their daughter was in your situation. And if they can’t tell you that, maybe ask who they would use if they had to go through a divorce. That’s why you’re calling all of these other types of attorneys—personal injury, criminal defense, real estate, etc.

I actually went through this process of calling a ton of attorneys in St. George and Cedar City many years ago. It works! Prayers for your best

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Total posts:832
(0.08% of all posts / 0.57 posts per day) 🎈

Post rate of 0.57 and a total of 38 first two digits backwards bodes well, if ye are up on the latest #57 and 38 anomalies. Search 572957 or 38ii if you wish to check them out.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Keep us updated so we can keep praying for you.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Set up a PayPal accountand give us the email so we can help donate for your lawyer.