We are not a church of truth!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Bona-Fide
captain of 10

We are not a church of truth!

Post by Bona-Fide »

Aaron Rodgers speaks more truth in this segment than anything I’ve heard from our church top brass. The church is heavily invested in big pharma (just in case you need a wake up call).

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CV7w607FxU ... =copy_link

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Re: We are not a church of truth!

Post by Atrasado »

This is true. But it wasn't the prophet that led us astray. We went astray over same-sex marriage and homosexuality and then the Lord gave us the prophet we wanted. It makes me want to cry.

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SPIRIT »

Atrasado wrote: November 6th, 2021, 1:53 pm This is true. But it wasn't the prophet that led us astray. We went astray over same-sex marriage and homosexuality and then the Lord gave us the prophet we wanted. It makes me want to cry.
it WAS - "the prophets that led us astray" over the years. (The Drunkards of Ephraim - church leaders) Isa. 28

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63325&p=1193374&hil ... h#p1193374

Isaiah 28
Ephraim and its prophets reap disaster for being delusional and for rejecting divine revelation.

"The leaders of these people have misled them, and those who are led are confused” (Isaiah 9:13–16).

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63325&p=1193379#p1193379

They make the decisions (not revelations received) for the church,
and have led the church "astray" and to where it is now - IN TOTAL APOSTASY;
and it was long before same-sex marriage etc.
which - btw - Nelson lied about - being a revelation.

Years ago when Nelson said that the new gay policy on same-sex marriage was a revelation.

I copied some comments made about this

"I find it interesting that we now find out this was a revelation received by Monson, which was declared by Nelson, after being "clarified" by Church PR, after explained by Christofferson, after published by an apostate, after leaked by an anonymous source, after published in a document most members can't see.
God's work is mysterious indeed."

"The Lord does not work in secret or in the dark. He does not reveal a "revelation" by secretly putting it in a handbook that .2% of members can read, then clarify that "revelation" by sending a PR release, then an apostle to explain, then finally, weeks later, to have it declared revelation in a university fireside. The Lord's course is an eternal round. He does not change, nor vary to the right nor the Left."

"IF it was a revelation, then where is the revelation? Where is the revelation in the Two "Official Declarations" in the back of our D&C? Where is the text from the Lord? Why does He work in plainness to the Nephites, but not to us? Do we not need it? In this day and age of sin, iniquity and mass media, where is His voice!?! "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No prophet since Joseph Smith has really prophesied, acted as a seer or provided any significant revelation, except things like reversing Joseph Smith's polygamy revelations or reversing Brigham Young's (and succeeding prophets') ban on blacks receiving the priesthood. If we, as Latter-day Saints, believe Joseph Smith restored the gospel and was the first in a long line of prophets, then why have prophets since then not exhibited all of the same gifts that Joseph demonstrated and that the current Church teaches that existing prophets should have?"
---------------------------------------
prophets and blacks and the priesthood.
http://www.mormonthink.com/prophetsweb.htm
http://www.mormonthink.com/blackweb.htm

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Atrasado wrote: November 6th, 2021, 1:53 pm This is true. But it wasn't the prophet that led us astray. We went astray over same-sex marriage and homosexuality and then the Lord gave us the prophet we wanted. It makes me want to cry.
The membership certainly is not without blame. :lol:

Same as it ever was, since our Kirkland Temple Downgrade, where we built our own fine homes while work we were commanded to complete went unfinished. Only one person on here really understands where leadership went wrong, but the wrongs are many, and some await his righteous actions as directed by his spirit in accordance with the Lord’s timetable.

Mighty, but not strong. 🐳 gbng

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

I believe it happened around the time the Saints begged and pleaded to join Babylon by becoming a state. But yes good point

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

I am going to take a wild guess and assume some of the fundamentalist sects are going to get more members because of the recent events.

Ontario
captain of 100

Post by Ontario »

I have been amazed at the amount of doubt and dissent the internet has "revealed" to me.

Like many in Mormonism, I went along with the whole thing, thinking something was terribly wrong with me. Any doubts were my fault, and I was alone. Sure there were some I could talk to, and they had their doubts too, but I thought it was a small group, a few malcontents who could not "hearken unto counsel."

The internet has "revealed" quite a different world to me. I did not realize how extensive the doubt is, and how many doubters there are. And, like in any other totalitarian society, they are not bad people,---they are just people who cannot believe, follow, or obey the party line. And they do it out of real concern, real knowledge--not just to be troublemakers.

Mormonism is very effective in shutting up doubt and dissent. They manage to scare people out of honesty--not into it. They also manage to alienate doubters, by using social pressure, fear, and intimidation. You don't find many vocal doubters in the mission field. or in the wards. But they are there. What a system. Much like the old Soviet bloc, where people went about their business, and kept their doubts to themselves.

The internet is information, and it seems to flash its light into all the corners. When the doors fly open, and the lights come on, there are always more rats than holes. Now, members with doubts are starting to see the rats.

Ontario
captain of 100

Post by Ontario »

Watching the brief clip from "The Godmakers" has made me think--a lot--about the full extent of Mormon deception. After all, I was a missionary, and participated in the game. I "converted" people who did not know the truth about Mormonism at all. The church was very up front about tithing--they want the money--but not much else.

When people in Provo saw "The Godmakers," they were aghast, appalled, horrified. "Its not what we teach at all," they said. But in truth, with the exception of the designation of Kolob as "starbase Kolob," the film was painfully accurate. Something about watching Elohim knocking on Mary's door, and hitting on her must have been very upsetting. But that is what the church taught. The church would not want to face that reality now. But that is what the "prophets" taught.

The missionaries lie. They don't even begin to tell the truth about Mormonism. Polygamy is ignored. So is becoming a god. But Hinckley dared not talk about that, did he?

Many Mormons born in the church, raised in the church, and secure in the church have no idea what Mormonism actually entails. One has to go looking. And when the truth emerges, its quite a shock to the system. So is the temple. Nothing prepares you for the ceremony. Nothing.

Shouldn't a true church stop the deception? They badly need to. Think what a shock it is for a person with an active interest in the visible world to read the "Doctrine and Covenants," and the "Pearl of Great Fraud." You don't find the church paying much lip service to the "Pearl of Great Fraud." Its the door to some real revelations, the kind the church does not want one to have.

They can't be honest, of course, but with so much information available, the church is in a bind. They have their asses in a crack. Tell the truth, and you get no converts. Let people find out the truth, and you have no members. What a sorry mess Joseph Smith made of things--including the lives of so many decent people

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

That cartoon stole the music from Legend of Boggy Creek weirdly enough.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Ontario wrote: November 13th, 2021, 9:13 pm
Watching the brief clip from "The Godmakers" has made me think--a lot--about the full extent of Mormon deception. After all, I was a missionary, and participated in the game. I "converted" people who did not know the truth about Mormonism at all. The church was very up front about tithing--they want the money--but not much else.

When people in Provo saw "The Godmakers," they were aghast, appalled, horrified. "Its not what we teach at all," they said. But in truth, with the exception of the designation of Kolob as "starbase Kolob," the film was painfully accurate. Something about watching Elohim knocking on Mary's door, and hitting on her must have been very upsetting. But that is what the church taught. The church would not want to face that reality now. But that is what the "prophets" taught.

The missionaries lie. They don't even begin to tell the truth about Mormonism. Polygamy is ignored. So is becoming a god. But Hinckley dared not talk about that, did he?

Many Mormons born in the church, raised in the church, and secure in the church have no idea what Mormonism actually entails. One has to go looking. And when the truth emerges, its quite a shock to the system. So is the temple. Nothing prepares you for the ceremony. Nothing.

Shouldn't a true church stop the deception? They badly need to. Think what a shock it is for a person with an active interest in the visible world to read the "Doctrine and Covenants," and the "Pearl of Great Fraud." You don't find the church paying much lip service to the "Pearl of Great Fraud." Its the door to some real revelations, the kind the church does not want one to have.

They can't be honest, of course, but with so much information available, the church is in a bind. They have their asses in a crack. Tell the truth, and you get no converts. Let people find out the truth, and you have no members. What a sorry mess Joseph Smith made of things--including the lives of so many decent people
i said it elsewhere but for some reason it reminds me a lot of the Conan the Barbarian stories. I think the more it tried to be mainstream Christianity, the more it lost itself and what made it, well what it is.

dewajack
captain of 100

Post by dewajack »

Sirocco wrote: November 13th, 2021, 9:17 pm That cartoon stole the music from Legend of Boggy Creek weirdly enough.
LoL, leave it to the guy with the confederate avatar to know The Legend of Boggy Creek.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

dewajack wrote: November 13th, 2021, 9:59 pm
Sirocco wrote: November 13th, 2021, 9:17 pm That cartoon stole the music from Legend of Boggy Creek weirdly enough.
LoL, leave it to the guy with the confederate avatar to know The Legend of Boggy Creek.
It's a good movie.
I love cryptids and reading about them.
That avatar was there when I was on my huge civil war kick (I'm not even American or live in America)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Sirocco wrote: November 13th, 2021, 2:07 pm I am going to take a wild guess and assume some of the fundamentalist sects are going to get more members because of the recent events.
Not an option in most of the world, unless you're an indy one like Luke is.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Ontario wrote: November 13th, 2021, 8:47 pm The internet is information, and it seems to flash its light into all the corners. When the doors fly open, and the lights come on, there are always more rats than holes. Now, members with doubts are starting to see the rats.
Not anymore. 90% of the searches go through one corporation, Google; most people only go to a handful of websites, and access to anything which is contrary to the official line is now policed by "fact checkers". Don't even get me onto Wikipedia or Snopes, complete jokes for various reasons. Wikipedia does have some decent info on Mormonism, but is painfully bad in many respects otherwise.

As for the Godmakers and Ed Decker, some of it was so inaccurate that even the Tanners declaimed it.

TruthSeeker77
captain of 100

Post by TruthSeeker77 »

That is very interesting insight!

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Ontario wrote: November 13th, 2021, 8:47 pm I have been amazed at the amount of doubt and dissent the internet has "revealed" to me.

Like many in Mormonism, I went along with the whole thing, thinking something was terribly wrong with me. Any doubts were my fault, and I was alone. Sure there were some I could talk to, and they had their doubts too, but I thought it was a small group, a few malcontents who could not "hearken unto counsel."

The internet has "revealed" quite a different world to me. I did not realize how extensive the doubt is, and how many doubters there are. And, like in any other totalitarian society, they are not bad people,---they are just people who cannot believe, follow, or obey the party line. And they do it out of real concern, real knowledge--not just to be troublemakers.

Mormonism is very effective in shutting up doubt and dissent. They manage to scare people out of honesty--not into it. They also manage to alienate doubters, by using social pressure, fear, and intimidation. You don't find many vocal doubters in the mission field. or in the wards. But they are there. What a system. Much like the old Soviet bloc, where people went about their business, and kept their doubts to themselves.

The internet is information, and it seems to flash its light into all the corners. When the doors fly open, and the lights come on, there are always more rats than holes. Now, members with doubts are starting to see the rats.
Good points.
It’s getting harder to hide truth - & more are discovering the church is not what PR presents. The internet created the “too-much-information-age.” Being wisely selective is important. And as Niemand suggested, Google is extremely biased, but is probably what most use. Duck-duck-go is better - but there’s still need for searching & sifting.

Many are experiencing faith crisis (aka “TRUTH crisis). It is like going through grief. Shock, bargaining, anger, regret, sadness & finally acceptance & maybe even seeing some good despite the bad.

Someone suggested ironically the church is evil & doing Satan’s work in the sense of lies, deception & discouraging an honest & open search for truth. Yet, it is not all evil. There is good. Even people who acknowledge Mormonism as a cult, have admitted people are so nice. We take care of each other - which is awesome! “There must needs be opposition in all things.” Take the best, leave the rest.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Ontario wrote: November 13th, 2021, 9:13 pm

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks the Godmakers is even close to accurate has a serious case of discernment-itis.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Many years ago in Alabama a radio station had a 1 hour lecture led by a local baptist who put the Godmaker film on as often as possible but bashed mormons every week. A ward mission leader bought the 2 minute spot at the end of the l hour spot. He simply said" if any of you want to know more about what you have heard, then call this number. He had converts galore. That movie was so weird that it really caught attention and people wanted to know what the truth really was.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Sirocco wrote: November 13th, 2021, 2:07 pm I am going to take a wild guess and assume some of the fundamentalist sects are going to get more members because of the recent events.
Good

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Well as someone above mentioned, really doesn't do much outside some parts of the US.

wildernessvoice
Hi, I'm new.

Post by wildernessvoice »

There are two churches! One is the church of the Lamb of God, the other is the church of the devil! Our hearts determine which of the two we fall in, regardless of any organization or lack thereof! We are either following in the footsteps of Cain, even Master Mahan, or our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! Our Lord is determined by the dictates and intents of our hearts and minds! Lucifer, and Master Mahan would have us believe that the so-called "vaccine" is safe even though it is more dangerous than even the "mark of the beast". This one is intended to de-populate to save the precious polar ice caps! Although they would have us be out of work so that we can neither buy nor sell without giving our allegiance to the father of all lies, even satan the adversary of our souls! I say these things in the name of our true Lord and Saviour, even Jesus Christ who comes quickly! Amen!

wildernessvoice
Hi, I'm new.

Post by wildernessvoice »

I like that flag! Not a racist thing as it was represented by free and slave black Americans, as well as Cherokee, Choctaw, and three other tribes! The Army then was integrated unlike the segregated units of the Union! The Union Army remained segregated until after world war II. The Confederates were fighting for states rights and freedom from big government! There wasn't any segregation in the South until after the Union took over following the war, during "reconstruction". We have always been led by true prophets! They have not always been in the office of prophet-president however! John the Beloved, and the Three Nephites have been around! Our people shall save our Constitution nevertheless! Onward to Zion! The Center Place and Adam-Ondi-Ahman! The Lord never authorized plural marriage, only tolerated it! The priesthood was always available to worthy blacks in His Church! Study the revelations of Joseph Smith the third! Alas they went astray as well through liberal politics and women in the priesthood! In the Garden God gave in marriage Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Ontario wrote: November 13th, 2021, 8:47 pm I have been amazed at the amount of doubt and dissent the internet has "revealed" to me.

It’s amazing to me how much of a big mess the information on the internet is, generally speaking. As far as God is concerned, humans are the same species as God. It’s that simple.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

I will say that Godmakers cartoon is why I went to the church in the first place to get a Book of Mormon.
Church is a lot less strange then I was expecting, it's rather vanilla which is the shame of it.

Ivebeenouthere
captain of 100

Post by Ivebeenouthere »

SPIRIT wrote: November 6th, 2021, 10:03 pm
it WAS - "the prophets that led us astray" over the years. (The Drunkards of Ephraim - church leaders) Isa. 28

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63325&p=1193374&hil ... h#p1193374

Isaiah 28
Ephraim and its prophets reap disaster for being delusional and for rejecting divine revelation.

"The leaders of these people have misled them, and those who are led are confused” (Isaiah 9:13–16).

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63325&p=1193379#p1193379

They make the decisions (not revelations received) for the church,
and have led the church "astray" and to where it is now - IN TOTAL APOSTASY;
and it was long before same-sex marriage etc.
which - btw - Nelson lied about - being a revelation.

Years ago when Nelson said that the new gay policy on same-sex marriage was a revelation.

I copied some comments made about this

"I find it interesting that we now find out this was a revelation received by Monson, which was declared by Nelson, after being "clarified" by Church PR, after explained by Christofferson, after published by an apostate, after leaked by an anonymous source, after published in a document most members can't see.
God's work is mysterious indeed."

"The Lord does not work in secret or in the dark. He does not reveal a "revelation" by secretly putting it in a handbook that .2% of members can read, then clarify that "revelation" by sending a PR release, then an apostle to explain, then finally, weeks later, to have it declared revelation in a university fireside. The Lord's course is an eternal round. He does not change, nor vary to the right nor the Left."

"IF it was a revelation, then where is the revelation? Where is the revelation in the Two "Official Declarations" in the back of our D&C? Where is the text from the Lord? Why does He work in plainness to the Nephites, but not to us? Do we not need it? In this day and age of sin, iniquity and mass media, where is His voice!?! "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No prophet since Joseph Smith has really prophesied, acted as a seer or provided any significant revelation, except things like reversing Joseph Smith's polygamy revelations or reversing Brigham Young's (and succeeding prophets') ban on blacks receiving the priesthood. If we, as Latter-day Saints, believe Joseph Smith restored the gospel and was the first in a long line of prophets, then why have prophets since then not exhibited all of the same gifts that Joseph demonstrated and that the current Church teaches that existing prophets should have?"
---------------------------------------
prophets and blacks and the priesthood.
http://www.mormonthink.com/prophetsweb.htm
http://www.mormonthink.com/blackweb.htm
I'm a member of Jesus Christs Church. I'm not a member of Pres. Nelsons Church. I'm not led astray, I have the Priesthood and The Holy Spirit for my guide. I don't give a dam who said what or did whatever. I focus on me. Again, I'm trying to stay spiritually clean that I might have the Spirit within me to testify of truth. If I am not sure about something I ask the Lord for a manifestation the Holy Ghost as to whether or not I need to follow what has been put in front of me. I also have common sense to which I use. My Church will always be Jesus Christs Church. Gay Marriage is an abomination. If Nelson or anyone else endorses it they'll be held accountable to Jesus Christ for it. I follow Christ and his teachings and the man who speaks with the power of the Spirit.