My study - Freedom and Awakening

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

My study - Freedom and Awakening

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

These are specifically the dealings and teachings of Moroni as they pertain to freedom and liberty. What must we do in the face of corrupt governments and secret combinations?
IMG_3428.jpg
IMG_3428.jpg (876 KiB) Viewed 457 times
I'm going to run through my study, let's begin in Ether 8:
  • "Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be." (23)
So we know that he is speaking directly to us in the Americas, the Gentiles. But we have absolutely let those combinations get above us, so we are seeing the destruction take place.
  • "Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you;" (24)
Ignorance is no excuse, we know that there are secret combinations. It is a commandment to realize them.
  • "For it cometh to pass that whoso buildeth it up seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil, who is the father of all lies;"
What governments, organizations, and churches are doing today strips individuals of their freedoms. Being complicit with these laws and mandates, promoting their lies, is evil. That includes doing nothing to stop it.

D&C 123 supports that we must root out evil where we see it.
11 And also it is an imperative duty that we owe to all the rising generation, and to all the pure in heart—
12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it—
13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—
14 These should then be attended to with great earnestness.
15 Let no man count them as small things; for there is much which lieth in futurity, pertaining to the saints, which depends upon these things.
16 You know, brethren, that a very large ship is benefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves.
17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.
Now, moving back to Moroni's experiences as recorded in Alma. What did Moroni do when the people didn't support freedom?
  • "And it came to pass that he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it—In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children—and he fastened it upon the end of a pole." (Alma 46:12)
  • "And it came to pass that whomsoever of the Amalickiahites that would not enter into a covenant to support the cause of freedom, that they might maintain a free government, he caused to be put to death; and there were but few who denied the covenant of freedom." (Alma 46:35)
How effective would that be? I say we bring this concept back.

If you are justifying the evil happening today, contemplate on these words:
  • "And now, my beloved brethren—for ye ought to be beloved; yea, and ye ought to have stirred yourselves more diligently for the welfare and the freedom of this people; but behold, ye have neglected them insomuch that the blood of thousands shall come upon your heads for vengeance; yea, for known unto God were all their cries, and all their sufferings—" (Alma 60:10)
Just as we are accountable for our actions, so are we for our inaction.

Moroni wasn't happy with the government:
  • "And it came to pass that Moroni was angry with the government, because of their indifference concerning the freedom of their country." (Alma 59:13)
But did Moroni sit quietly as freedoms were being taken?
  • "And I will come unto you, and if there be any among you that has a desire for freedom, yea, if there be even a spark of freedom remaining, behold I will stir up insurrections among you, even until those who have desires to usurp power and authority shall become extinct." (Alma 60:27)
No, he didn't comply. He stood against evil and would do everything in his power to destroy it.

We have been commanded by the Lord to awaken to our awful situation, to realize that there are secret combinations and works of darkness embedded all throughout society, and we are given the extensive teachings and example of Moroni who STOOD against them.

The destruction is here, we are seeing it. Soon it will be impossible for anyone to pretend that these secret combinations do not exist.
  • "Behold, I am Moroni, your chief captain. I seek not for power, but to pull it down. I seek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of my God, and the freedom and welfare of my country. And thus I close mine epistle." (Alma 60:36)

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Re: My study - Freedom and Awakening

Post by Subcomandante »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 5th, 2021, 8:41 am These are specifically the dealings and teachings of Moroni as they pertain to freedom and liberty. What must we do in the face of corrupt governments and secret combinations?
IMG_3428.jpg

I'm going to run through my study, let's begin in Ether 8:
  • "Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be." (23)
So we know that he is speaking directly to us in the Americas, the Gentiles. But we have absolutely let those combinations get above us, so we are seeing the destruction take place.
  • Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you;" (24)
Ignorance is no excuse, we know that there are secret combinations. It is a commandment to realize them.
  • "For it cometh to pass that whoso buildeth it up seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil, who is the father of all lies;"
What governments, organizations, and churches are doing today strips individuals of their freedoms. Being complicit with these laws and mandates, promoting their lies, is evil. That includes doing nothing to stop it.

D&C 123 supports that we must root out evil where we see it.
11 And also it is an imperative duty that we owe to all the rising generation, and to all the pure in heart—
12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it—
13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—
14 These should then be attended to with great earnestness.
15 Let no man count them as small things; for there is much which lieth in futurity, pertaining to the saints, which depends upon these things.
16 You know, brethren, that a very large ship is benefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves.
17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.
Now, moving back to Moroni's experiences as recorded in Alma. What did Moroni do when the people didn't support freedom?
  • "And it came to pass that he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it—In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children—and he fastened it upon the end of a pole." (Alma 46:12)
  • "And it came to pass that whomsoever of the Amalickiahites that would not enter into a covenant to support the cause of freedom, that they might maintain a free government, he caused to be put to death; and there were but few who denied the covenant of freedom." (Alma 46:35)
How effective would that be? I say we bring this concept back.

If you are justifying the evil happening today, contemplate on these words:
  • "And now, my beloved brethren—for ye ought to be beloved; yea, and ye ought to have stirred yourselves more diligently for the welfare and the freedom of this people; but behold, ye have neglected them insomuch that the blood of thousands shall come upon your heads for vengeance; yea, for known unto God were all their cries, and all their sufferings—" (Alma 60:10)
Just as we are accountable for our actions, so are we for our inaction.

Moroni wasn't happy with the government:
  • "And it came to pass that Moroni was angry with the government, because of their indifference concerning the freedom of their country." (Alma 59:13)
But did Moroni sit quietly as freedoms were being taken?
  • "And I will come unto you, and if there be any among you that has a desire for freedom, yea, if there be even a spark of freedom remaining, behold I will stir up insurrections among you, even until those who have desires to usurp power and authority shall become extinct." (Alma 60:27)
No, he didn't comply. He stood against evil and would do everything in his power to destroy it.

We have been commanded by the Lord to awaken to our awful situation, to realize that there are secret combinations and works of darkness embedded all throughout society, and we are given the extensive teachings and example of Moroni who STOOD against them.

The destruction is here, we are seeing it. Soon it will be impossible for anyone to pretend that these secret combinations do not exist.
  • "Behold, I am Moroni, your chief captain. I seek not for power, but to pull it down. I seek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of my God, and the freedom and welfare of my country. And thus I close mine epistle." (Alma 60:36)
The time to do that has past. We are in what I call the Limhi stage. The Gidgiddoni stage is soon to follow.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: November 5th, 2021, 8:45 am The time to do that has past. We are in what I call the Limhi stage. The Gidgiddoni stage is soon to follow.
So you believe that we must comply with their mandates?

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

This is extremely accurate in the context of covid. The Word of Wisdom in D&C 89 was given to us as a direct result of secret combinations:
  • "Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation—" (4)
We must take care of ourselves to avoid those evil designs.

Alma 46:40 outlines the need for healthy living as well, specifically as it relates to sickness:
  • "And there were some who died with fevers, which at some seasons of the year were very frequent in the land—but not so much so with fevers, because of the excellent qualities of the many plants and roots which God had prepared to remove the cause of diseases, to which men were subject by the nature of the climate—"

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 5th, 2021, 8:48 am
Subcomandante wrote: November 5th, 2021, 8:45 am The time to do that has past. We are in what I call the Limhi stage. The Gidgiddoni stage is soon to follow.
That is what the Lord, speaking through His authorized mouthpieces, is asking us to do.

Until there is a change in the program, we need to follow.

It's tough for many people, especially knowing what they do know about what's going on in the world. There are people that are going to want to fight the current overpowering force. But like in the days of Limhi, they are going to be cut down.

The Lord was also very slow to hear the prayers of His saints back then because they had transgressed the laws of God. So God saw need to chasten them until they could truly center their thoughts on Him. Then, and only then, did the Lord provide a way for their escape.

The same is happening right now. We are being chastened. And the Lord is slow to hear the prayers of His saints precisely because they are moving back and forth, to and fro.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: November 5th, 2021, 10:00 am
That is what the Lord, speaking through His authorized mouthpieces, is asking us to do.

It's tough for many people, especially knowing what they do know about what's going on in the world. There are people that are going to want to fight the current overpowering force. But like in the days of Limhi, they are going to be cut down.

The Lord was also very slow to hear the prayers of His saints back then because they had transgressed the laws of God. So God saw need to chasten them until they could truly center their thoughts on Him. Then, and only then, did the Lord provide a way for their escape.

The same is happening right now. We are being chastened. And the Lord is slow to hear the prayers of His saints precisely because they are moving back and forth, to and fro.
I'm going to be blunt.

I think your reasoning is ludicrous. His "authorized mouthpieces" are outside of the LDS abusive hierarchy. Nelson is a liar and a murderer. To go along with this agenda is evil, and despicable. The people of Limhi were cut down because of their pride, so I suppose that does relate to the LDS org. Every day I'm glad to be out of it. The church is in full apostasy, sleeping with the whore of the earth.

You can follow them to Hell if you'd like, I will cut them off and oppose evil as Christ has commanded.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

@Subcomandante will your trust in the current 15 men really trump the teachings of Moroni and Christ in the BoM? Do you believe they are incapable of committing evil acts? Does freedom mean nothing to you?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Subcomandante wrote: November 5th, 2021, 10:00 am

The name of Jesus Christ was never invoked in any of this. To be blunt as well, this is of the devil.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

I FORGOT about this!! How much simpler can it be?!?
  • "Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men."
Enough with this "we must comply" garbage.
Last edited by Gadianton Slayer on November 5th, 2021, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TruthSeeker77
captain of 100

Post by TruthSeeker77 »

This thread is just another example of people truly believing that the words of a man trump the word of God. Instead of the word of God being the standard, the foul, flattering words of the RMN have become the standard. Which makes RMN an idol. God sets the standard!!! Nobody else.

Gazelem
captain of 100

Post by Gazelem »

Thanks for sharing. It’s appalling how asleep people are considering how many have access to the Book of Mormon. Even Ezra Taft Benson said the whole church is under condemnation for disregarding the bofm.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Gazelem wrote: November 5th, 2021, 11:21 am Thanks for sharing. It’s appalling how asleep people are considering how many have access to the Book of Mormon. Even Ezra Taft Benson said the whole church is under condemnation for disregarding the bofm.
Why do they need the BoM? You have conference talks and Come Follow Me that will tell you everything you need... right?

D&C 84 also showcases that the church is under condemnation for not remembering the BoM. It’s all over the place, if people open their eyes.

Gazelem
captain of 100

Post by Gazelem »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 5th, 2021, 11:26 am
Gazelem wrote: November 5th, 2021, 11:21 am Thanks for sharing. It’s appalling how asleep people are considering how many have access to the Book of Mormon. Even Ezra Taft Benson said the whole church is under condemnation for disregarding the bofm.
Why do they need the BoM? You have conference talks and Come Follow Me that will tell you everything you need... right?

D&C 84 also showcases that the church is under condemnation for not remembering the BoM. It’s all over the place, if people open their eyes.

Touché

Yes, Section 84 is what I was thinking of when condemnation for disregarding the bofm came to mind.

Don’t get me started on come follow me, funny you should bring that up in addition to section 84. I wanted to see how the church was teaching section 84 in recent years so I looked up the come follow me lesson in section 84 and it was quite painful to read, and clearly showed an ignorance to the understanding of scripture.