Meta?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Meta?

Post by Rubicon »

https://www.dailywire.com/news/facebook ... se-to-life

“The metaverse will feel like a hybrid of today’s online social experiences, sometimes expanded into three dimensions or projected into the physical world,” the post continued. “It will let you share immersive experiences with other people even when you can’t be together — and do things together you couldn’t do in the physical world. It’s the next evolution in a long line of social technologies, and it’s ushering in a new chapter for our company.”

---

Sounds like fantasies about virtual reality and artificial intelligence becoming indistinguishable from life and the real world.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Meta?

Post by nightlight »

Wonder how much this co$t?

Reminds me our rebranding

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Putting lipstick on a pig.

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

It doesn't even sound "fun" or "interesting" to me. Ready Player One - type of experience. Or that Bruce Willis movie where people interacted through their robot avatars, and he was a deviant who lived life as a real person, interacting with everyone's robot avatars.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Rebranding will generally happen when a company's reputation is in such hot water that they feel like a name change or color change is necessary.

In the Utah Valley, an alarm company by the name of APX decided that they were going to do home automation instead of purely security systems, so they changed their name to VIVINT and even changed their color scheme from blue to orange.

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

gkearney wrote: October 28th, 2021, 3:18 pm Putting lipstick on a pig.
😂😂😂

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Rebranding will generally happen when a company's church's reputation is in such hot water that they feel like a name change is necessary.
True that.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Please watch the 11 minute highlights (6 on double speed)
This is what many of us have been warning about.

0:00 - Meta name change
0:37 - The Metaverse
2:23 - Privacy and Safety
3:11 - Horizon Home
4:09 - Work in the Metaverse
6:06 - Developer Services/Fees
6:56 - Presence Platform
7:49 - Project Cambria
9:42 - Nazare Glasses

When they say it, it sounds like Nazarene glasses.

abijah`
~dog days~

angel of faces

Post by abijah` »

my wandering trail of thoughts goes something like "meta? as in, relative to its old name, 'facebook'"?

something "meta" usually has a self-referential aspect to it, right?

"face" and "book". 🤔 and (new) names.

all sorts of "meta" stuff one could conjure up w/ those ingredients.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: angel of faces

Post by Niemand »

abijah` wrote: October 28th, 2021, 10:29 pm my wandering trail of thoughts goes something like "meta? as in, relative to its old name, 'facebook'"?

something "meta" usually has a self-referential aspect to it, right?

"face" and "book". 🤔 and (new) names.

all sorts of "meta" stuff one could conjure up w/ those ingredients.
It's called Facebook because it was used to help create facial recognition databases. Whenever someone uploads a picture, it even asks you to identify the people for the algorithm.

Personally I don't see the point in a platform where I cannot communicate.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

This is one of the most important announcements regarding the last days, thus far , in my lifetime.

When Eve ate the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, it didn't frustrate God's plan, it moved it forward. To frustrate the plan, Eve would have needed to eat from the Tree of Life as well, so as to live forever in her sins. Satan was willing to take that risk, moving the plan forward, because it was his best chance at disrupting it.

God protected Eve and Adam by sending them from the Garden of Eden AND placing a cherubim and flaming sword to guard the Tree of Life.

There have been other attempts by Satan to place himself above God or in His place. The Fallen Angels. The Tower of Babel. Even the tempting of Christ.

The coming forth of the personal computer was the beginning of the last attempt by Satan. Most of us have eaten of the fruit as evidenced by the literal image of an apple with a bite out of it carried around by most people in their pockets and purses. Ever wonder why all Apple products are denoted with an "i?" Like in the Garden of Eden, it has increased our knowledge and our suffering. But it will not destroy us and our progression unless Satan can convince us to take the next step as well:

Living forever in our sins.

Immortality in a fallen and corruptible mortal body. Transhumanism. When " men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them." Revelation 9:6 When the iron kingdom "shall mingle themselves with the seed of men." Daniel 2:40-43.

We were born to die. That our physical bodies would die and our corruptible mortal nature. Then we would be "born again" through the literal atonement and resurrection of Christ.

It is not accident that the false competition to Apple is Android.

This Metaverse will usher in transhumanism. A false reality where it appears, that you you may receive eternal life without righteousness.

The name: metaverse is an interesting as well. God created and rules the Universe. Satan's counterfeit is the Metaverse. Satan is trying to place his "Metaverse" above God's Universe.

Look at some of the meanings of meta, they all seem to apply.
meta-
/ˌmetə,ˌmetə/
combining form
prefix: meta-; prefix: met-
denoting a change of position or condition.
"metamorphosis"
denoting position behind, after, or beyond.
"metacarpus"
denoting something of a higher or second-order kind.
"metalanguage"
CHEMISTRY
denoting substitution at two carbon atoms separated by one other in a benzene ring, e.g. in 1,3 positions.
"metadichlorobenzene"
CHEMISTRY
denoting a compound formed by dehydration.
"metaphosphoric acid"

Combining form.

Like the the combining of iron and clay spoken of in Daniel? The mixing of human and machine to make a transhumanist?
What about #4? two carbon atoms separated by a benzene ring. We are a carbon based life form. And Satan is attempting 3rd strand DNA to modify our bodies that were first created in the image of God. To insert himself in our temple, our body, to control it.

He is never original. Only a bad carbon copy. Literally.

We are beginning to see the fulfillment of the plan to have Satan sit in the temple of God. (You, you are that temple!) You will be a "Host in Hell" (ghost in a shell.)

This announcement compliments this statement April 2020 in an article titled The Future of the Church: Preparing the World for the Savior's Second Coming
The time is coming when those who do not obey the Lord will be separated from those who do.
That time is at hand. This is the beginning.

You came to earth to participate in God's Plan of Salvation.
If you enter to the Metaverse, you will participate in Satan's Plan of Slavery.

He will possess your temple. And you will be in Hell.

God taught me all this through the scriptures years ago.

I have found that there are a few others that have had this revealed as well.

Someone on this board actually recommended Nicholas1968 on youtube. He has a webpage with more videos that youtube removed. https://www.nicholson1968.com/

He has known this even longer than I have. Since 1999. And sharing it online since 2007.

Understand. Satan is revealing his "kingdom" It is called the Metaverse.
That means we we, through the principle of opposition in all things, must now begin to build Zion, not just talk about it.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

JuneBug12000 wrote: October 29th, 2021, 2:02 pm This is one of the most important announcements regarding the last days, thus far , in my lifetime.

When Eve ate the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, it didn't frustrate God's plan, it moved it forward. To frustrate the plan, Eve would have needed to eat from the Tree of Life as well, so as to live forever in her sins. Satan was willing to take that risk, moving the plan forward, because it was his best chance at disrupting it.

God protected Eve and Adam by sending them from the Garden of Eden AND placing a cherubim and flaming sword to guard the Tree of Life.

There have been other attempts by Satan to place himself above God or in His place. The Fallen Angels. The Tower of Babel. Even the tempting of Christ.

The coming forth of the personal computer was the beginning of the last attempt by Satan. Most of us have eaten of the fruit as evidenced by the literal image of an apple with a bite out of it carried around by most people in their pockets and purses. Ever wonder why all Apple products are denoted with an "i?" Like in the Garden of Eden, it has increased our knowledge and our suffering. But it will not destroy us and our progression unless Satan can convince us to take the next step as well:

Immortality in a fallen and corruptible mortal body. Transhumanism. When " men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them." Revelation 9:6 When the iron kingdom "shall mingle themselves with the seed of men." Daniel 2:40-43.

We were born to die. That our physical bodies would die and our corruptible mortal nature. Then we would be "born again" through the literal atonement and resurrection of Christ.

This Metaverse will usher in transhumanism. A false reality where it appears, that you you may receive eternal life without righteousness.

The name: metaverse is an interesting as well. God created and rules the Universe. Satan's counterfeit is the Metaverse. Satan is trying to place his "Metaverse" above God's Universe.

meta-
/ˌmetə,ˌmetə/
combining form
"metamorphosis"
"metacarpus"
"metalanguage"
CHEMISTRY
denoting substitution at two carbon atoms separated by one other in a benzene ring, e.g. in 1,3 positions.
"metadichlorobenzene"
CHEMISTRY
"metaphosphoric acid"

Combining form.

Like the the combining of iron and clay spoken of in Daniel? The mixing of human and machine to make a transhumanist?
What about #4? two carbon atoms separated by a benzene ring. We are a carbon based life form. And Satan is attempting 3rd strand DNA to modify our bodies that were first created in the image of God. To insert himself in our temple, our body, to control it.

We are beginning to see the fulfillment of the plan to have Satan sit in the temple of God. (You, you are that temple!) You will be a "Host in Hell" (ghost in a shell.)

This announcement compliments this statement April 2020 in an article titled The Future of the Church: Preparing the World for the Savior's Second Coming
The time is coming when those who do not obey the Lord will be separated from those who do.

Someone on this board actually recommended Nicholas1968 on youtube. He has a webpage with more videos that youtube removed. https://www.nicholson1968.com/

He has known this even longer than I have. Since 1999. And sharing it online since 2007.

That means we we, through the principle of opposition in all things, must now begin to build Zion, not just talk about it.
Interesting and provocative commentary.

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

Meta also means death in Hebrew. Look it up. Click the speaker icon to hear the pronunciation.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Rubicon wrote: October 29th, 2021, 5:51 pm Meta also means death in Hebrew. Look it up. Click the speaker icon to hear the pronunciation.
One of Enoch's names was Metatron. I always wondered what it meant. Any help?

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

JuneBug12000 wrote: October 29th, 2021, 10:37 pm
Rubicon wrote: October 29th, 2021, 5:51 pm Meta also means death in Hebrew. Look it up. Click the speaker icon to hear the pronunciation.
One of Enoch's names was Metatron. I always wondered what it meant. Any help?
Meta is Greek for "after," and appears in such English words as metacognition, meta-analysis, etc. Tron is Greek for "tool." The name Megatron for Enoch appears in pseudopigraphic writings tray were heavily influenced by neo-Platonism.

I think Zuckerberg is going for the Greek (Post-human), but it's interesting that meta is also Hebrew for death. It's jarring to type it in in Google translate, get the Hebrew letters, and click on the speaker. Pronounced meta.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Maybe all the NWO weenies will be tied up in the Metaverse and those who live in the real world, like the Amish, will carry on. Perhaps the Metazens will believe there is a pandemic of the unmetasized, somewhere, out there, beyond their reach.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Chip wrote: October 29th, 2021, 11:10 pm Maybe all the NWO weenies will be tied up in the Metaverse and those who live in the real world, like the Amish, will carry on. Perhaps the Metazens will believe there is a pandemic of the unmetasized, somewhere, out there, beyond their reach.
Satan is never content to leave anyone behind. . . whether they want to be or not.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

JuneBug12000 wrote: October 30th, 2021, 3:05 pm
Chip wrote: October 29th, 2021, 11:10 pm Maybe all the NWO weenies will be tied up in the Metaverse and those who live in the real world, like the Amish, will carry on. Perhaps the Metazens will believe there is a pandemic of the unmetasized, somewhere, out there, beyond their reach.
Satan is never content to leave anyone behind. . . whether they want to be or not.

Yeah, I know. You are right. He will get the most-miserable to make trouble for the least-miserable. He desires that all partake in his misery.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Yeah but, who will feed & water the sheep and horses during a blizzard when the grid shorts out? None of our animals would fall for ‘virtual’ hay or water even if they were connected to meta verse.

Has being ‘connected’ actually become essential to human psychological ‘health’?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

buffalo_girl wrote: October 30th, 2021, 7:41 pm Yeah but, who will feed & water the sheep and horses during a blizzard when the grid shorts out? None of our animals would fall for ‘virtual’ hay or water even if they were connected to meta verse.

Has being ‘connected’ actually become essential to human psychological ‘health’?
Doesn't matter about the animals. They want you to eat "plant based".

The natural world will be filled with GMOs, and smart viruses to corrupt all life. Some of these genetically modified beings and chimeras (human animal hybrids) may even look after the grid.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Doesn't matter about the animals. They want you to eat "plant based".

The natural world will be filled with GMOs, and smart viruses to corrupt all life. Some of these genetically modified beings and chimeras (human animal hybrids) may even look after the grid.
We are surrounded by GMO & chemical agriculture. My husband has been cleaning out a corral area and piling the manure on a concrete pad for easy access for garden fertilizer. There's more than we need for ourselves so I did a 'search' to find out what a fair price is for a pickup load.

Here's what I found that is truly concerning in regard to being able to grow one's own 'plant based' food resources. And...how is it possible for an herbicide to pass through a dairy cow's digestive system without passing also into the milk and meat of that animal?

https://www.tenthacrefarm.com/manure-garden/
My terrible year of poisoned gardens ended up saving a lot of other people’s gardens – or helping them figure out what happened after a poisoning event.

Person after person has written me to share tales of wrecked gardens. Some people lost beds because of contaminated hay they used in their compost. Others lost beds due to manure. Still others purchased compost or garden soil and had it kill their plants..

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

buffalo_girl wrote: October 30th, 2021, 7:41 pm Yeah but, who will feed & water the sheep and horses during a blizzard when the grid shorts out? None of our animals would fall for ‘virtual’ hay or water even if they were connected to meta verse.

It will with a brain full of graphene oxide....

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

...fyi - some poor vernacular including f-bomb or two...

TruthSeeker77
captain of 100

Post by TruthSeeker77 »

JuneBug12000 wrote: October 29th, 2021, 2:02 pm This is one of the most important announcements regarding the last days, thus far , in my lifetime.

meta-
/ˌmetə,ˌmetə/
combining form
"metamorphosis"
"metacarpus"
"metalanguage"
CHEMISTRY
"metadichlorobenzene"
CHEMISTRY
"metaphosphoric acid"

Combining form.

June, reading your post, I was like "Nicholson, is that you?" Lol

Great post! Thanks for sharing! I have recommended him before and I hope more people take a peek at what he has shared. It is very insightful!