Poll: Odds of Vax Shaming in Conference

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

What are the odds we get vax shamed in General Conference?

100% (Nothing is more certain than death and vaccination!)
44%
99.96% (It's brutal, but survivable.)
14%
66.6% ("You're all the devil and going to heck!")
13%
80,000,000% (We can has made up numbers of deniers)
4%
0% (Come unto Jesus and rely not upon the arm of the flesh)
13%
Wut?
13%

Total votes: 71
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Poll: Odds of Vax Shaming in Conference

Post by iWriteStuff »

Alright peeps, we're three weeks out from the big GC. Odds we get a stern talking to?

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Re: Poll: Odds of Vax Shaming in Conference

Post by Subcomandante »

If there were a poll option that said "Other" I would select that one.

If there are any talks like that, the odds are something like this:

"If vaccines are available for your age group in the lands where you reside, we strongly urge you to get one."

I don't see the Apostles as being so snarky as to say, "You see, we could have had Conference in the Conference Center, but all of you anti-masking Bensonite Karens are holding us back!"

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

The profit, erm prophet, is going get on the verge of mad, because LDS are low on the vaccination charts in Utah and Idaho, so whatever happens there, the rest of the church hears about it at conference.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Subcomandante wrote: September 13th, 2021, 10:57 am If there were a poll option that said "Other" I would select that one.

If there are any talks like that, the odds are something like this:

"If vaccines are available for your age group in the lands where you reside, we strongly urge you to get one."

I don't see the Apostles as being so snarky as to say, "You see, we could have had Conference in the Conference Center, but all of you anti-masking Bensonite Karens are holding us back!"
Bensonite Karens.... man that's a good one. :lol:

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

President Nelson managed to move the "needle" by 1% in Utah from 47% to 48% since his Vax letter.

So many bad, naughty members who need a spanking at conference.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/cov ... state/utah

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

We had stake conference yesterday and had an area seventy presiding, in his talk he said to stop debating the whole topic of whether or not RMN is speaking as a prophet, man or doctor and just to follow his direction, he also said that RMN is just as much as a prophet as Enoch. This is the rhetoric I expect at the upcoming GC.
Last edited by gradles21 on September 13th, 2021, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

gradles21 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 11:18 am We had stake conference yesterday and had an area seventy presiding, in his talk he said to stop debating the whole debate of whether or not RMN is speaking as a prophet, man or doctor and just to follow his direction, he also said that RMN is just as much as a prophet as Enoch. This is the rhetoric I expect at the upcoming GC.
I have heard over the pulpit in Sacrament meeting that Nelson is the Moses for our day.
Your experience tops mine a hundredfold. Area Seventy saying Nelson is as much a prophet as Enoch!?!?

:mrgreen: :x :twisted: :oops:

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 11:31 am
gradles21 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 11:18 am We had stake conference yesterday and had an area seventy presiding, in his talk he said to stop debating the whole debate of whether or not RMN is speaking as a prophet, man or doctor and just to follow his direction, he also said that RMN is just as much as a prophet as Enoch. This is the rhetoric I expect at the upcoming GC.
I have heard over the pulpit in Sacrament meeting that Nelson is the Moses for our day.
Your experience tops mine a hundredfold. Area Seventy saying Nelson is as much a prophet as Enoch!?!?

What those using the serpent story seem to forget is that it was a type and symbol for looking to Jesus Christ to live. In essence they've taken a story and removed its spiritual significance and turned it into something pharisaical, ie, "practicing or advocating strict observance of external forms and ceremonies of religion or conduct without regard to the spirit; self-righteous; hypocritical".

See, it's much easier to simply have Faith in Christ to be healed from this, than to take shot after shot, wear a mask, be afraid of new variants forever. They've taken the difficult road, and they will not be healed nor ever live in peace for what they are doing.

Look at how these people act. They live in fear and anger at those who are unvaxxed. Their hearts are raging. They cannot be at peace unless they can force others to do "the right thing". Franklinbluth is a prime example here. They are not at peace because they've lost faith in Christ's miracles. They will fight and argue and gnash their teeth in perpetuality at others, but even then they will still not find peace until they look into their hearts and fix their own doubts.

They are the virgins who ran out of oil and it angers them to no end.
Last edited by TrueFaith on September 13th, 2021, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

I just found out my employer won't even interview you unless you agree to be vaccinated. And yet here I am hiring a fella...

Gee, there must be a reason applications are down 90% here at one of the consistently voted "best places to work".

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

I don't think it will be brought up during conference itself but it will be brought up during the between sessions church news program (I can't remember what it's called).

That is what they did last conference.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Currently #1 shows 47%

And what is 4 divided by 7. :lol:

I thinks the conclusion of this thread was reached,
and so will withhold me 1 vote for the time being.
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on September 13th, 2021, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

I wish I would have actually been at the conference instead of watching on zoom just to see if anyone else had my same reaction.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

gradles21 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 12:38 pm

I wish I would have actually been at the conference instead of watching on zoom just to see if anyone else had my same reaction.
The way you made them suffer
Your exquisite wife and mother
Fills me with the urge — ————?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

I predict that there will be at least one conference talk where some church member was able to receive the vaxxx and was miraculously spared from COVID, while some of his/her close associates who did not vaxxx passed away.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I am not looking forward to conference. My faith may not be able to handle it.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

tribrac wrote: September 13th, 2021, 12:58 pm I am not looking forward to conference. My faith may not be able to handle it.
Same here. I'm anticipating the whole thing with more dread than curiosity.

The kind of people that respond favorably to what's being pushed these days are not the kind of people I enjoy being around. And it's mutual.

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

I don't think it will even be mentioned. From the essay on blacks and the priesthood, to the letter (and handbook update encouraging vaccination, but ultimately freedom of conscience), the Brethren try to leave room for both extremes on issues --- and not explain or address beyond the press releases, unsigned articles, etc.

I expect mostly bland and boring Jesus/atonement talk, and avoiding controversial or divisive topics.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Hoping Vaxx won't be required to attend the Temple...

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

First speaker, Uchtdorf. He says: My dear brothers and sisters, and others, as you may know I was caught financing abortions and contributing to satan's attempt to overthrow the Almighty God's plan of salvation. I have since had a revelation. Yes, something has been revealed to me. That is that Klaus Schwab is an evil man. He is among the worst of the secret combinations that ETB spoke of. Just this morning, I downloaded the latest VAERS report and the numbers are staggering. We should have trusted you and not faked our publicity stunt pretending to get the jab. Darn it, it is just so fun to have all of this attention and fame. Now, when RMN said godsend, he was not speaking as a prophet, but as a man attempting to collect the funds necessary to retire in Zion in luxury. Your tithing donations are astounding. We had to hire more loot counters. I mean bean counters. You know that like the song says, "Everything we do, we do it for you." God told us to. It takes money to build temples and we want to see more widow's mites. And hurry up already as the shot is going to start killing tithe payers faster than we can replace them. Oh, and about the airplanes.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 13th, 2021, 12:44 pm
gradles21 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 12:38 pm

The way you made them suffer
Your exquisite wife and mother
Fills me with the urge — ————?
Monson helped tear down the Wall, and Nelson re-erected it.

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

Rubicon wrote: September 13th, 2021, 1:12 pm I don't think it will even be mentioned. From the essay on blacks and the priesthood, to the letter (and handbook update encouraging vaccination, but ultimately freedom of conscience), the Brethren try to leave room for both extremes on issues --- and not explain or address beyond the press releases, unsigned articles, etc.

I expect mostly bland and boring Jesus/atonement talk, and avoiding controversial or divisive topics.
Jesus/atonement talks would be a breath of fresh air, all we've gotten the last several years is RMN and covid worship.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

tribrac wrote: September 13th, 2021, 12:58 pm I am not looking forward to conference. My faith may not be able to handle it.
I'll admit, one more Social Justice Warrior anthem mixed with one more "urging" to be "good global citizens" and that might be the last conference I watch.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Chip wrote: September 13th, 2021, 12:52 pm I predict that there will be at least one conference talk where some church member was able to receive the vaxxx and was miraculously spared from COVID, while some of his/her close associates who did not vaxxx passed away.
That is actually a distinct possibility. In fact, I would think that is very probable, though not necessarily a guarantee.

Gazelem
captain of 100

Post by Gazelem »

gradles21 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 11:18 am We had stake conference yesterday and had an area seventy presiding, in his talk he said to stop debating the whole topic of whether or not RMN is speaking as a prophet, man or doctor and just to follow his direction, he also said that RMN is just as much as a prophet as Enoch. This is the rhetoric I expect at the upcoming GC.

Cool. That’s the hunch I’ve been getting is all is well in Zion. If he’s Enoch’s equivalent does anybody know how long it will be before Utah is taken up to live with God?

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

BroJones wrote: September 13th, 2021, 1:14 pm Hoping Vaxx won't be required to attend the Temple...
If the Church, as an organisation with over 100 employees, has to enforce the vaccination - I can see it becoming a mandatory requirement to enter any Church building.