C.S. Lewis: Ongoing Investigation

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

C.S. Lewis: Ongoing Investigation

Post by Pazooka »

I had heard tell that C.S. Lewis was a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, along with his good friends Tolkien and Charles Williams. The Order of the Golden Dawn happened to be made up of followers of Madame Blavatsky (Luciferians) - the same ilk that founded the United Nations. Up to that point, I had never thought much about C.S. Lewis, except when he was quoted in General Conference and recommended to me by well-meaning friends, who felt smarter for having enjoyed his work (the same way Neal A Maxwell made us all feel).

Here’s some of the problem I’ve had with Lewis:
- Satanic Hollywood made box office productions out of both his novels and his life story, which they probably wouldn’t for a writer about true Christianity
- I’m pretty sure that my good friend’s tragic delusion involving thinking it was the Lord’s will that she patiently wait for years for a man who had tried to tell her their relationship was over could be partly blamed on her reading entirely too much C.S. Lewis. It completely addled her ability to understand God’s character and the way He operates.

Anyways...I’m conducting ongoing research at the moment by reading Mere Christianity. I’m on page 27 and, so far, still no mention of Christ - - just a lot of talk about Christians and the great “Guide.” But I did find a real gem, here:
What is the problem? A universe that contains much that is obviously bad and apparently meaningless, but containing creatures like ourselves who know that it is bad and meaningless. There are only two views that face all the facts. One is the Christian view that this is a good world that has gone wrong, but still retains the memory of what it ought to have been. The other is the view called Dualism. Dualism means the belief that there are two equal and independent powers at the back of everything, one of them good and the other bad, and that this universe is the battlefield in which they fight out an endless war. I personally think that next to Christianity Dualism is the manliest and most sensible creed on the market. But it has a catch in it.
The two powers, or spirits, or gods—the good one and the bad one—are supposed to be quite independent. They both existed from all eternity. Neither of them made the other, neither of them has any more right than the other to call itself God. Each presumably thinks it is good and thinks the other bad. One of them likes hatred and cruelty, the other likes love and mercy, and each backs its own view. Now what do we mean when we call one of them the Good Power and the other the Bad Power? Either we are merely saying that we happen to prefer the one to the other—like preferring beer to cider—or else we are saying that, whatever the two powers think about it, and whichever we humans, at the moment,, happen to like, one of them is actually wrong, actually mistaken, in regarding itself as good. ~ Mere Christianity, pg 27
This is how Luciferians talk.

This has been a public service post.

mike_rumble
captain of 100

Re: C.S. Lewis: Ongoing Investigation

Post by mike_rumble »

Lewis and Tolkien were never members of the Golden Dawn. You might be thinking of the Inklings, a literary society that they both belonged to, while at Oxford University. Don't know anything about Williams. Also, the followers of Blavatsky were members of the Theosophical Society not the Golden Dawn, two different organizations. Hollywood makes biographical movies about all sorts of people, even movies about the life of Jesus. LDS folk often place the writings of Lewis up there close to Scripture, but he was only a man who wrote some entertaining fiction and wrote some rambling non-fiction about religion.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

mike_rumble wrote: September 6th, 2021, 10:23 am Lewis and Tolkien were never members of the Golden Dawn. You might be thinking of the Inklings, a literary society that they both belonged to, while at Oxford University. Don't know anything about Williams. Also, the followers of Blavatsky were members of the Theosophical Society not the Golden Dawn, two different organizations. Hollywood makes biographical movies about all sorts of people, even movies about the life of Jesus. LDS folk often place the writings of Lewis up there close to Scripture, but he was only a man who wrote some entertaining fiction and wrote some rambling non-fiction about religion.
The following quote is from:

A History of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and Its Cultural Affects on the Twentieth Century

It was simply the first of many results results.

https://cache.kzoo.edu/handle/10920/24525
One group of people concerned with trying to answer the philosophical questions pressing the people of the nineteenth century was the Theosophical Society,
founded by Madame Helena Blavatsky. The purpose of this organization was to be a forum for intellectuals to gather together and discuss the forces of life (being God) and how they relate! to the rest of the world through mystical insight and philosophic
speculation. These insights and speculations tried to combine the ideas of both Judeo-Christian religions with those of the Hindus and Buddhists. The main foci of their studies concerned with reincarnation, evolution, the Qabbalah, and the supposed teachings of the masters of Atlantis. The Theosophical Society discussed these topics, but took no action upon them. They talked of ritual and the possibility of control through ritual, but did nothing to implement their discussion. Still, there were men and women who needed the reinforcement that ritual brings to supplement the discussion of philosophies. And there were those who searched for power to control life forces
and other people, to whom the Theosophical Society had the answers, but not the courage to try the rituals. Some of these people were the men and women that made
up the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. It is from the Golden Dawn (what the Order shall be called from here to save space,) that many ideas of cults and the occult that are known today were founded. This paper is the story of the Order, its achievements, and the legacy it left for the twentieth century found in the Charles Manson cult and Scientology.
And, to clarify, this is why I’m studying his actual writings - to substantiate or disprove whether he teaches the doctrine of Christ or Lucifer.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

“For pride is spiritual cancer: it eats up the very possibility of love, or contentment, or even common sense.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Give me all of you!!! I don’t want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work. I want YOU!!! ALL OF YOU!! I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man or woman, but to KILL IT! No half measures will do. I don’t want to only prune a branch here and a branch there; rather I want the whole tree out! Hand it over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them ALL over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self—in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

The terrible thing, the almost impossible thing, is to hand over your whole self–all your wishes and precautions–to Christ. But it is far easier than what we are all trying to do instead. For what we are trying to do is to remain what we call “ourselves,” to keep personal happiness as our great aim in life, and yet at the same time be “good.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Good and evil both increase at compound interest. That is why the little decisions you and I make every day are of such infinite importance. The smallest good act today is the capture of a strategic point from which, a few months later, you may be able to go on to victories you never dreamed of. An apparently trivial indulgence in lust or anger today is the loss of a ridge or railway line or bridgehead from which the enemy may launch an attack otherwise impossible.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

“The only things we can keep are the things we freely give to God. What we try to keep for ourselves is just what we are sure to lose.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Anyone who has read the Screwtape Letters, no that Lewis very familiar with the tactics of the adversary. ;)

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

(Opposition in all things. If you do not know evil,how can you know good? )

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

When a man is getting better he understands more and more clearly the evil that is still left in him. When a man is getting worse he understands his own badness less and less.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

To have Faith in Christ means, of course, trying to do all that He says. There would be no sense in saying you trusted a person if you would not take his advice. Thus if you have really handed yourself over to Him, it must follow that you are trying to obey Him. But trying in a new way, a less worried way. Not doing these things in order to be saved, but because He has begun to save you already. Not hoping to get to Heaven as a reward for your actions, but inevitably wanting to act in a certain way because a first faint gleam of Heaven is already inside you.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of – throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

“If they are wrong they need your prayers all the more; and if they are your enemies, then you are under orders to pray for them. That is one of the rules common to the whole house.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Pazooka wrote: September 6th, 2021, 10:01 am I had heard tell that C.S. Lewis was a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, along with his good friends Tolkien and Charles Williams. The Order of the Golden Dawn happened to be made up of followers of Madame Blavatsky (Luciferians) - the same ilk that founded the United Nations. Up to that point, I had never thought much about C.S. Lewis, except when he was quoted in General Conference and recommended to me by well-meaning friends, who felt smarter for having enjoyed his work (the same way Neal A Maxwell made us all feel).

Here’s some of the problem I’ve had with Lewis:
- Satanic Hollywood made box office productions out of both his novels and his life story, which they probably wouldn’t for a writer about true Christianity
- I’m pretty sure that my good friend’s tragic delusion involving thinking it was the Lord’s will that she patiently wait for years for a man who had tried to tell her their relationship was over could be partly blamed on her reading entirely too much C.S. Lewis. It completely addled her ability to understand God’s character and the way He operates.

Anyways...I’m conducting ongoing research at the moment by reading Mere Christianity. I’m on page 27 and, so far, still no mention of Christ - - just a lot of talk about Christians and the great “Guide.” But I did find a real gem, here:
What is the problem? A universe that contains much that is obviously bad and apparently meaningless, but containing creatures like ourselves who know that it is bad and meaningless. There are only two views that face all the facts. One is the Christian view that this is a good world that has gone wrong, but still retains the memory of what it ought to have been. The other is the view called Dualism. Dualism means the belief that there are two equal and independent powers at the back of everything, one of them good and the other bad, and that this universe is the battlefield in which they fight out an endless war. I personally think that next to Christianity Dualism is the manliest and most sensible creed on the market. But it has a catch in it.
The two powers, or spirits, or gods—the good one and the bad one—are supposed to be quite independent. They both existed from all eternity. Neither of them made the other, neither of them has any more right than the other to call itself God. Each presumably thinks it is good and thinks the other bad. One of them likes hatred and cruelty, the other likes love and mercy, and each backs its own view. Now what do we mean when we call one of them the Good Power and the other the Bad Power? Either we are merely saying that we happen to prefer the one to the other—like preferring beer to cider—or else we are saying that, whatever the two powers think about it, and whichever we humans, at the moment,, happen to like, one of them is actually wrong, actually mistaken, in regarding itself as good. ~ Mere Christianity, pg 27
This is how Luciferians talk.

This has been a public service post.
It's not. This is silly...

You follow a man who says this:

“I will tell you how much I love those characters. If they had any respect to their own welfare, they would come forth and say, whether Joseph Smith was a Prophet or not, ‘We shed his blood, and now let us atone for it;' and they would be willing to have their heads chopped off, that their blood might run upon the ground, and the smoke of it rise before the Lord as an incense for their sins.”

- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 2, p. 179, February 18, 1855

“The time has been in Israel under the law of God, the celestial law, or that which pertains to the celestial law, for it is one of the laws of that kingdom where our Father dwells, that if a man was found guilty of adultery, he must have his blood shed, and that is near at hand.”

- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 4, p. 219

“Will you love your brothers and sisters likewise, when they have committed a sin that cannot be atoned for without the shedding of their blood? Will you love that man or woman well enough to shed their blood? That is what Jesus Christ meant.”

- Prophet Brigham Young, Deseret News, April 16, 1856

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

nightlight wrote: September 6th, 2021, 10:50 am Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of – throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
This is the quote that got me wondering, to begin with. I’ll bet Stanley G. Ellis is a C.S. Lewis fan.
Attachments
4CF82217-9696-4843-95E0-BBD1F66C7AA8.jpeg
4CF82217-9696-4843-95E0-BBD1F66C7AA8.jpeg (704.65 KiB) Viewed 1191 times

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

nightlight wrote: September 6th, 2021, 10:54 am You follow a man who says this:
No we don't. We don't follow a man.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

nightlight wrote: September 6th, 2021, 10:50 am “If they are wrong they need your prayers all the more; and if they are your enemies, then you are under orders to pray for them. That is one of the rules common to the whole house.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
To have Faith in Christ means, of course, trying to do all that He says. There would be no sense in saying you trusted a person if you would not take his advice. Thus if you have really handed yourself over to Him, it must follow that you are trying to obey Him. But trying in a new way, a less worried way. Not doing these things in order to be saved, but because He has begun to save you already. Not hoping to get to Heaven as a reward for your actions, but inevitably wanting to act in a certain way because a first faint gleam of Heaven is already inside you.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
How do you imagine Satan makes an excellent “accuser of the brethren” unless he knows what professed Christians have promised to do and will call them out on infractions. You are under orders to pray for them...Is C.S. Lewis well versed in “the Law” because he is a follower of Christ or is it more Luciferian in intent?

My greatest concern is that he sounds just enough like a Christian that he is able to slip in that little bit (or a lot...still under investigation) of contamination to successfully undermine true faith in Jesus Christ.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Pazooka wrote: September 6th, 2021, 11:58 am
nightlight wrote: September 6th, 2021, 10:50 am Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of – throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
This is the quote that got me wondering, to begin with. I’ll bet Stanley G. Ellis is a C.S. Lewis fan.
Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great agoodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O bwretched man that I am! Yea, my heart csorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.

18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily abeset me.

19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have atrusted.

This is God busting down the old house.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

nightlight wrote: September 6th, 2021, 2:48 pm
Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great agoodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O bwretched man that I am! Yea, my heart csorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.

18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily abeset me.

19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have atrusted.

Notice what Nephi describes God as doing versus what he describes the enemy as doing:

20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
21 He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.
22 He hath confounded mine enemies, unto the causing of them to quake before me.
23 Behold, he hath heard my cry by day, and he hath given me knowledge by visions in the night-time.
24 And by day have I waxed bold in mighty prayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high; and angels came down and ministered unto me.
25 And upon the wings of his Spirit hath my body been carried away upon exceedingly high mountains. And mine eyes have beheld great things, yea, even too great for man; therefore I was bidden that I should not write them.
26 O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercy, why should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?
27 And why should I yield to sin, because of my flesh? Yea, why should I give way to temptations, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul? Why am I angry because of mine enemy?
28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Pazooka wrote: September 6th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Notice what Nephi describes God as doing versus what he describes the enemy as doing:

20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
22 He hath confounded mine enemies, unto the causing of them to quake before me.
23 Behold, he hath heard my cry by day, and he hath given me knowledge by visions in the night-time.
24 And by day have I waxed bold in mighty prayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high; and angels came down and ministered unto me.
25 And upon the wings of his Spirit hath my body been carried away upon exceedingly high mountains. And mine eyes have beheld great things, yea, even too great for man; therefore I was bidden that I should not write them.
26 O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercy, why should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?
27 And why should I yield to sin, because of my flesh? Yea, why should I give way to temptations, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul? Why am I angry because of mine enemy?
28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.
You are not understanding was Lewis is saying.

The house you built yourself is disgusting... God cannot live in it.

God rips out your foundation, which is the natural man, on account of you being evil. Understanding what He is makes you see what you are. When you begin to see what you are it is painful because you see that you are evil.

Nephi felt sorrow because he was going though the change. He was killing the natural man.

Once in the New house we are able to face all things because we are yoked with Him

You are looking for tits on an ant

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

nightlight wrote: September 6th, 2021, 4:08 pm

God rips out your foundation, which is the natural man, on account of you being evil. Understanding what He is makes you see what you are. When you begin to see what you are it is painful because you see that you are evil.

Nephi felt sorrow because he was going though the change. He was killing the natural man.

Once in the New house we are able to face all things because we are yoked with Him

“God rips out your foundation.” God does no such thing. Instead, from the beginning He prepared, for you, a perfect foundation. You are naked and He clothes you. You are hungry and He feeds you. Satan kills you and He restores you. That is His character. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

“Looking for tits on an ant.” That must be another Lewisism. I’ll bet it was in his bookThat Hiddeous Strength.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Pazooka wrote: September 6th, 2021, 4:59 pm

“God rips out your foundation.” God does no such thing. Instead, from the beginning He prepared, for you, a perfect foundation. You are naked and He clothes you. You are hungry and He feeds you. Satan kills you and He restores you. That is His character. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

“Looking for tits on an ant.” That must be another Lewisism. I’ll bet it was in his bookThat Hiddeous Strength.
Lol

Satan does not restore you. You naturally are Satan. You are evil. Your foundation is naturally opposed to God.

You're not a blank piece of earth... You were born with a foundation that needs to be removed.

Have you ever removed a building and it's foundation? You have to rip it out and build a new one.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts

23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

You believe Jesus wasn't clean cuz he touched dead bodies and ate with dirty hands.... You believe that there's multiple Jesus spoken of in the Bible. You believe a man that says Jesus wants you to shed blood of people who can't be forgiven.

Perhaps understand who Jesus of Nazareth is before able to clearly see who follows Him and who doesn't

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

nightlight wrote: September 6th, 2021, 5:27 pm
Pazooka wrote: September 6th, 2021, 4:59 pm

Lol

Satan does not restore you. You naturally are Satan. You are evil. Your foundation is naturally opposed to God.

You're not a blank piece of earth... You were born with a foundation that needs to be removed.

Have you ever removed a building and it's foundation? You have to rip it out and build a new one.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts

23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

You believe Jesus wasn't clean cuz he touched dead bodies and ate with dirty hands.... You believe that there's multiple Jesus spoken of in the Bible. You believe a man that says Jesus wants you to shed blood of people who can't be forgiven.

Perhaps understand who Jesus of Nazareth is before able to clearly see who follows Him and who doesn't
He (capital H) is God