The Heavenly Man

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

The Heavenly Man

Post by marc »

This man's life is the stuff of scripture. He is in good company with Alma, Amulek, the four sons of Mosiah, Apostle Paul, and Joseph Smith. We are living so far beneath our dispensation. I put this in the Heretic Sub-forum of the Gospel Forum because much as I love my fellow Latter-day Saints, we are pathetic disciples, especially me. I am a wretched man, petulant and spoiled. After listening to this book almost twice now, a blind man could see why we are under condemnation. Most Mormons don't believe the Sermon on the Mount. These humble Chinese underground Christians LIVE the Sermon on the Mount. We drunkards of Ephraim deserve the coming desolating scourge. Maybe one or two of you reading this will listen to this audiobook.

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Re: The Heavenly Man

Post by XEmilyX »

oh is this a book on youtube? This is awesome. I needed someone else's good example.
What's the premise? What is it about?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

XEmilyX wrote: August 31st, 2021, 7:19 pm oh is this a book on youtube? This is awesome. I needed someone else's good example.
Yes. Click the link, then click play. It's about Brother Yun's miraculous experiences, his extreme suffering for Christ to bring the gospel to fellow Chinese in prison, his horrific torture, his revelations and conversations with Jesus Christ, etc. It's like Joseph Smith in Liberty Jail times ten. No, times one hundred.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

marc wrote: August 31st, 2021, 8:20 pm
XEmilyX wrote: August 31st, 2021, 7:19 pm oh is this a book on youtube? This is awesome. I needed someone else's good example.
Yes. Click the link, then click play. It's about Brother Yun's miraculous experiences, his extreme suffering for Christ to bring the gospel to fellow Chinese in prison, his horrific torture, his revelations and conversations with Jesus Christ, etc. It's like Joseph Smith in Liberty Jail times ten. No, times one hundred.
But oh the miracles and unshakable trust and devotion to Jesus. Rich in Christ!!! I love and better understand the Book of Mormon and the powerful examples of devotion to Jesus all the more through this modern day example of Aaron, Alma the younger, Abinadi etc 🙏🙌

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

marc wrote: August 31st, 2021, 3:04 pm This man's life is the stuff of scripture. He is in good company with Alma, Amulek, the four sons of Mosiah, Apostle Paul, and Joseph Smith. We are living so far beneath our dispensation. I put this in the Heretic Sub-forum of the Gospel Forum because much as I love my fellow Latter-day Saints, we are pathetic disciples, especially me. I am a wretched man, petulant and spoiled. After listening to this book almost twice now, a blind man could see why we are under condemnation. Most Mormons don't believe the Sermon on the Mount. These humble Chinese underground Christians LIVE the Sermon on the Mount. We drunkards of Ephraim deserve the coming desolating scourge. Maybe one or two of you reading this will listen to this audiobook.
Absolutely agree with you here. This is an amazing life, an amazing person. Yu truly lived, ate, slept, worked, existed unto the Lord and the Lord's purposes. What incredible faith he had and his example helps me see in many areas how and where I have so much to improve.
One of the greatest stories I've read(heard).

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Please reply with what impressed you most after listening to this book. How does this Chinese "church" differ from our own "true church?"

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

I've been listening thank you I'm an hour into it and it's amazing! True belief in Jesus shakes the gates of Hell.

KerriM
captain of 50

Post by KerriM »

I have been reading this book. I decided to buy the book and read, because I knew I needed something to read at night to keep me away from social media for awhile. It was hard to get into, because it sometimes reads like a travel log. I am spoiled by what I have access to read, and sometimes my expectations are for a different style of writing. However, I started reading again a couple of nights ago, and I love what I am reading. I am absolutely amazed at this man, what he's gone through and his faith. It makes me repent of my own sins. Not many books or talks lead me to that anymore.

I will try and post some things I have gotten out of it.

KerriM
captain of 50

Post by KerriM »

Towards the end of the book, where I am at, he is talking about the differences in the Western Churches vs. the house churches in China. He mentions the scripture in Revelations 3:20 where Jesus said,
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
I did not realize before that this is speaking to the church in Laodicea. The context of the above verse is (KJV):
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

I dedicate this song to Brother Yun and to all striving to overcome in and through Jesus 🙌 🙏

https://youtu.be/izQsgE0L450

Ps few songs (for me) capture our fallen existence and the struggles that ensue amongst this condition and the triumph of Jesus in this “veil of sorrow”, if we choose, more than this soul stirring gem of a song 🙌🙌🤟🏻

….“Lord God of hosts be with us yet —lest we forget lest we forget” 🙏🙌

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

bump