Mass Psychosis - the Goal and Purpose of COVID-19

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
nvr
captain of 1,000

Re: Mass Psychosis - the Goal and Purpose of COVID-19

Post by nvr »

On display here:
At least some of the commenters have some common sense
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nated.html

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I think nearly every society has a cycle and smashes things up for the sake of it... the Protestant Reformation (while necessary) destroyed many things, then there is the Cultural Revolution (so called) in China, the Revolutions in various countries, just now it's rioting about various things.

Last year brought the best and worst out of people in my area... a definite uptick in youth trouble, including a disabled friend of mine being harassed (in front of me), and people have been abused both for wearing masks and not wearing them.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: August 26th, 2021, 12:45 pm . . . . . When anyone is caught up in one of these toxic memes or psychic epidemics, they lose their objectivity, start thinking in terms of black-and-white categories couched as sweeping generalities. They also often project what they are doing on to those they disdain; and they get heavily into virtue signalling , which includes intense disdain for those they oppose, which of course is really trumpeting to the world that they aren't like those they disdain.

The way to void such things is keep your focus on higher powers, on God; which should constitute the "adequate protection" Jung was despairing doesn't' exist."
Another component of someone who has allowed him/herself to get caught up in what Jung called a "psychic epidemic" (or toxic meme, using Dawkin's terminology), is that their commitment to the delusion is exceedingly emotional, which matches in strength their lack of objectivity and logic.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Thinker wrote: August 29th, 2021, 4:24 pm
Fred wrote: August 27th, 2021, 5:05 am
Thinker wrote: August 26th, 2021, 10:55 am
TrueFaith wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 8:57 am Regular people buying into this are mentally ill. There is no doubt. Psychosis is a form of mental illness.

The vaccine is nearly a year old and it obviously has no effect anymore because the virus has mutated. This is very simply to understand, it's why we have a new vaccine for flu every single fall.

You are mentally ill if you can't understand this. I cannot have my children around these kind of people.
While I want to be careful not to hate people for being deceived & tricked, I also have seen the need to protect my children from (or fortify them to withstand) lies passed on by people who don’t see clearly & have been duped by US military PSY OPS (which was “legalized” to be directed toward US citizens in 2013).

Peer pressure is so incredibly strong! This study found people to do pointless things or even state what they knew to be wrong - just because everyone else was doing it. Doctors and medical workers are not immune to this universal human temptation!
Deceived and tricked is a kind way of saying incredibly stupid. Either way, they are also very dangerous. They are not among satan's leadership, but they are satan's disciples. They ARE the enemy. Nothing we do, should aid their survival.
I don’t know about withholding aid… Ever read “Anatomy of Peace”?

Still, I get how we should spend energy wisely & not cast pearls before swine - so to speak. I mean, “swine” in this case are children of God who have lost course. Haven’t we all been lost at some time?
All of us here, on LDSFF, have been exposed to the truth. Some woke up and others ignore it. Vaxers are really no different than homosexuals. They both believe that direct opposition to God is acceptable.

Certain groups and individuals attempt to move the line from tolerance to acceptance. One might do this by declaring that we must love our neighbor, even our enemy. Or perhaps by believing that the sinner will repent. While in some cases, this is possible, we are dealing with the hard core here and are beyond wishful thinking. Vaxers are so firm in their delusions, that they are willing to kill innocent people to enforce their belief. These are not people that will wake one one day and say oops, I made a mistake. These people are willing to kill 90% of the population to enforce their belief. These people would gladly jail you for being in disagreement. These people hate you and want you dead unless you comply. They do not want you to be able to travel or even buy food to live unless you praise satan and denounce God.

We know how God handles evil pricks like this. He permanently removes them from His presence. Forever. End of discussion.

Trying to be counterfeit Christlike (satanic) is what the church did in attempting to move the line from tolerance to acceptance. Once you accept something, you have approved of it. This is the problem the church has encountered with the queers. Tolerance was allowing them the freedom to act as they please. Accepting them means changing policy to accept sin. It means punishing people that want to follow Christ instead of accepting sin. It means the church has denied God and accepted satan.

We have seen this with our own eyes take place. Now we have a choice. We can follow Christ. Or we can follow the counterfeit Christ called the church and everyone else that has traded tolerance for acceptance.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Interesting take on the other side of the "mass formation hypnosis" theory -

An email from CJ Hopkins -

Mass Formation Hypnosis Disorder

Sep 11

Well, gosh, this is kind of embarrassing. For approximately the last two and a half years, I have been documenting, analyzing, and occasionally satirizing the so-called “New Normal,” i.e., the new, pathologized, official ideology that has been rolled out all across the planet by the global-capitalist ruling classes under the pretext of combating an apocalyptic pandemic … or at least that’s what I thought was going on.

As it turns out, I was totally wrong.

Apparently, the global-capitalist ruling establishment (or “GloboCap,” as I often refer to the unaccountable, supranational network of global corporations, banks, governments, and non-governmental governing entities that unaccountably govern our world) has not been rolling out a new official ideology, or pathologized form of totalitarianism, or not intentionally in any event.

No one has been methodically gaslighting anyone, or terrorizing anyone with propaganda, or censoring or segregating anyone, or coercing anyone to get needlessly “vaccinated” with any sort of dangerous experimental drugs, or consciously conspiring with anyone to do anything. Everyone has simply been suffering from Mass Formation Hypnosis Disorder!

I know, you probably find this hard to believe, especially because I have been making precisely the opposite case for over two years now, but I saw it on the Alex Jones show! Mattias Desmet, a professor from Belgium, and “the world’s leading expert” on this new disorder, explained it all in meticulous detail.

According to Desmet, the way this disorder works is, people feel “lonely and isolated,” which makes them feel angry, but they don’t have anything or anyone to unleash their anger on, so they form a mass and hypnotize each other, and invent a new fanatical ideology that they all fanatically hypnotically believe in, which, at that point, their rulers, who are also hypnotized, have no choice but to go full-totalitarian, and hypnotize everyone even more, because that is what the hypnotized mass demands, so that they can finally unleash their anger on someone, i.e., those who have managed to avoid being hypnotized (one assumes with some special anti-hypnosis technology, but I don’t think Professor Desmet explained that part).

And, OK, before you hypnosis deniers start sending me emails denying the power of hypnosis to totally totalitarianize society, listen to Professor Desmet explain how surgeons in Belgium are routinely performing open-heart surgery on hypnotized patients without any anesthetic whatsoever! They just saw right through their breastbones with a sternum saw, ratchet open their rib cages with a sternal retractor, and start slicing into the patients’ hearts … and these patients don’t even flinch or anything! He has witnessed this with his own two eyes!

Or, all right, it seems he hasn’t actually witnessed this with his own two eyes. It seems he was actually just lying when he said that, which he confessed to in a lengthy Facebook post (after people pointed out that he had lied) in which he publicly wondered why he had lied, and then rationalized his lie with various excuses, and posted several misleading links in an attempt to suggest that he hadn’t actually lied, despite the fact that he had just admitted he did, and just generally tried to muddy the waters with a lot of awkward psychobabble.

But I don’t mean to cast aspersions. Professor Desmet is, after all, “the world’s leading expert” on “Mass Formation Psychosis” or simply “Mass Formation” or whatever you want to call this fairy tale that he and others have been peddling, not just on clown shows like Alex Jones’, but to massive audiences like Tucker Carlson’s …

Seriously now, I have been aware of Desmet’s theory for some time, but I had mostly held my tongue about it because (a) I considered it relatively harmless, and (b) I’m generally reluctant to tear another vocal opponent of the New Normal a new a**hole. We get enough of that from the New Normal “fact checkers.” However, unfortunately, this “mass hypnosis” gibberish has gained enough traction that it has now become dangerous, so I need to do a little new-a**hole-tearing. (Fanatical fans of Professor Desmet will probably want to navigate away at this point.)

Ready? OK, here we go.

What we’ve been experiencing for the past two and a half years — and arguably the last six and a half years — is not the result of “mass hypnosis.” The global-capitalist ruling establishment is destabilizing and restructuring societies, globally. The people that staged and published this photograph in January 2020 and lied to the masses about the Covid death rate (i.e., 3.4%) a few months later were not mass-hypnotized. They knew what they were doing.

Likewise, the people who went New Normal (i.e., the vast majority of most societies) were not “mass hypnotized” or in some kind of trance. They were simply looking out for themselves by conforming to the new official “reality.” This is standard behavior in totalitarian systems, and cults, and even non-totalitarian systems. I explained it this way in a recent interview …

“Totalitarianism can be imposed on any society if the government, or whatever structure rules it, controls the essential elements of power (i.e., the military, the police, the media, the culture industry, etc.). Once the transition to totalitarianism begins, you can count on roughly two thirds of the society either embracing it or acquiescing to it, not because they are in some vulnerable psychological state, but rather because they correctly perceive which way the wind is blowing and they don’t want to challenge the totalitarian regime and be punished for doing so. They are not hypnotized or under any other kind of spell. It’s pure survival instinct. … Not to put too fine a point on it, but most people are either perfectly content to conform to whatever type of society those in power impose on them as long as their basic needs are met, or they are not content [to do so], but they are cowards, so they stand by in silence. I don’t mean that as a judgment or an insult. Cowardice and the ability to abandon one’s principles (or not having any principles in the first place) are very positive traits to have if your goal is survival. When a society goes totalitarian or is otherwise occupied and radically transformed, it’s the rebels and dissidents who get lined up against the wall and shot, not the cowards and collaborators.”

I realize how harsh that sounds. It’s meant to, and at the same time, it isn’t. We are, all of us, capable of such cowardice and betrayal of our fundamental principles, given the right set of circumstances. Everyone has a breaking point. If you haven’t experienced yours yet … well, I hope you never do.

The point is, we are dealing with questions of power, not a psychological condition. Desmet’s theory pathologizes the political essence of totalitarianism, just like the official New Normal narrative pathologizes and displaces its political character, rendering it immune to political opposition, and rendering its opponents “conspiracy theorists,” or “paranoid,” or otherwise divorced from “reality,” thus stripping us of political legitimacy.

In this “Mass Formation” fairy tale, the political conflict disappears. The totalitarian system and those who resist it are replaced by a psychiatrist and a psychiatric patient. In this story, there is no one and nothing to fight. We just need to find a “cure” or a “treatment” for this bizarre new psychiatric disorder that keeps causing the masses to hypnotize each other and invent some new fanatical totalitarian ideology in order to alleviate the pent-up frustration caused by their loneliness and isolation by unleashing their rage on unhypnotized persons!

Or whatever … maybe I don’t understand the nuances of “Mass Formation” theory. I’m not a professional psychologist or anything. I’m sure one or two of Professor Desmet’s fans will be happy to explain it all to me, if they’re not too busy undergoing open-heart surgery without anesthetic. I wouldn’t want to interfere with that!

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

Not exactly hypnosis for this discussion then, in the context of the totalitarian response to the pandemic panic.
But isn't the effect is the same, however, since traumatic conditioning is used to make the mind of the mass (which does form in reaction to these circumstances) more suggestible?

This mass moves fearfully as a group towards simple rational solutions proposed (higelian dialectic) by the ruling class troublemakers which fall in line with prevailing narratives accepted by institutions and published in nearly all media.

We're most likely seeing patterns of coordination and the appearance of unity in events as they unfold because they follow a spiritual plan.
As the scripture says in 2 Thessalonians 2:
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Last edited by logonbump on October 5th, 2022, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

EmmaLee wrote: October 4th, 2022, 3:45 pm Interesting take on the other side of the "mass formation hypnosis" theory -

Sep 11

Well, gosh, this is kind of embarrassing. For approximately the last two and a half years, I have been documenting, analyzing, and occasionally satirizing the so-called “New Normal,” i.e., the new, pathologized, official ideology that has been rolled out all across the planet by the global-capitalist ruling classes under the pretext of combating an apocalyptic pandemic … or at least that’s what I thought was going on.

Apparently, the global-capitalist ruling establishment (or “GloboCap,” as I often refer to the unaccountable, supranational network of global corporations, banks, governments, and non-governmental governing entities that unaccountably govern our world) has not been rolling out a new official ideology, or pathologized form of totalitarianism, or not intentionally in any event.

No one has been methodically gaslighting anyone, or terrorizing anyone with propaganda, or censoring or segregating anyone, or coercing anyone to get needlessly “vaccinated” with any sort of dangerous experimental drugs, or consciously conspiring with anyone to do anything. Everyone has simply been suffering from Mass Formation Hypnosis Disorder!

I know, you probably find this hard to believe, especially because I have been making precisely the opposite case for over two years now, but I saw it on the Alex Jones show! Mattias Desmet, a professor from Belgium, and “the world’s leading expert” on this new disorder, explained it all in meticulous detail.

According to Desmet, the way this disorder works is, people feel “lonely and isolated,” which makes them feel angry, but they don’t have anything or anyone to unleash their anger on, so they form a mass and hypnotize each other, and invent a new fanatical ideology that they all fanatically hypnotically believe in, which, at that point, their rulers, who are also hypnotized, have no choice but to go full-totalitarian, and hypnotize everyone even more, because that is what the hypnotized mass demands, so that they can finally unleash their anger on someone, i.e., those who have managed to avoid being hypnotized (one assumes with some special anti-hypnosis technology, but I don’t think Professor Desmet explained that part).

And, OK, before you hypnosis deniers start sending me emails denying the power of hypnosis to totally totalitarianize society, listen to Professor Desmet explain how surgeons in Belgium are routinely performing open-heart surgery on hypnotized patients without any anesthetic whatsoever! They just saw right through their breastbones with a sternum saw, ratchet open their rib cages with a sternal retractor, and start slicing into the patients’ hearts … and these patients don’t even flinch or anything! He has witnessed this with his own two eyes!

Or, all right, it seems he hasn’t actually witnessed this with his own two eyes. It seems he was actually just lying when he said that, which he confessed to in a lengthy Facebook post (after people pointed out that he had lied) in which he publicly wondered why he had lied, and then rationalized his lie with various excuses, and posted several misleading links in an attempt to suggest that he hadn’t actually lied, despite the fact that he had just admitted he did, and just generally tried to muddy the waters with a lot of awkward psychobabble.

But I don’t mean to cast aspersions. Professor Desmet is, after all, “the world’s leading expert” on “Mass Formation Psychosis” or simply “Mass Formation” or whatever you want to call this fairy tale that he and others have been peddling, not just on clown shows like Alex Jones’, but to massive audiences like Tucker Carlson’s …

Seriously now, I have been aware of Desmet’s theory for some time, but I had mostly held my tongue about it because (a) I considered it relatively harmless, and (b) I’m generally reluctant to tear another vocal opponent of the New Normal a new a**hole. We get enough of that from the New Normal “fact checkers.” However, unfortunately, this “mass hypnosis” gibberish has gained enough traction that it has now become dangerous, so I need to do a little new-a**hole-tearing. (Fanatical fans of Professor Desmet will probably want to navigate away at this point.)

Ready? OK, here we go.

What we’ve been experiencing for the past two and a half years — and arguably the last six and a half years — is not the result of “mass hypnosis.” The global-capitalist ruling establishment is destabilizing and restructuring societies, globally. The people that staged and published this photograph in January 2020 and lied to the masses about the Covid death rate (i.e., 3.4%) a few months later were not mass-hypnotized. They knew what they were doing.

Likewise, the people who went New Normal (i.e., the vast majority of most societies) were not “mass hypnotized” or in some kind of trance. They were simply looking out for themselves by conforming to the new official “reality.” This is standard behavior in totalitarian systems, and cults, and even non-totalitarian systems. I explained it this way in a recent interview …

“Totalitarianism can be imposed on any society if the government, or whatever structure rules it, controls the essential elements of power (i.e., the military, the police, the media, the culture industry, etc.). Once the transition to totalitarianism begins, you can count on roughly two thirds of the society either embracing it or acquiescing to it, not because they are in some vulnerable psychological state, but rather because they correctly perceive which way the wind is blowing and they don’t want to challenge the totalitarian regime and be punished for doing so. They are not hypnotized or under any other kind of spell. It’s pure survival instinct. … Not to put too fine a point on it, but most people are either perfectly content to conform to whatever type of society those in power impose on them as long as their basic needs are met, or they are not content [to do so], but they are cowards, so they stand by in silence. I don’t mean that as a judgment or an insult. Cowardice and the ability to abandon one’s principles (or not having any principles in the first place) are very positive traits to have if your goal is survival. When a society goes totalitarian or is otherwise occupied and radically transformed, it’s the rebels and dissidents who get lined up against the wall and shot, not the cowards and collaborators.”

I realize how harsh that sounds. It’s meant to, and at the same time, it isn’t. We are, all of us, capable of such cowardice and betrayal of our fundamental principles, given the right set of circumstances. Everyone has a breaking point. If you haven’t experienced yours yet … well, I hope you never do.

The point is, we are dealing with questions of power, not a psychological condition. Desmet’s theory pathologizes the political essence of totalitarianism, just like the official New Normal narrative pathologizes and displaces its political character, rendering it immune to political opposition, and rendering its opponents “conspiracy theorists,” or “paranoid,” or otherwise divorced from “reality,” thus stripping us of political legitimacy.

In this “Mass Formation” fairy tale, the political conflict disappears. The totalitarian system and those who resist it are replaced by a psychiatrist and a psychiatric patient. In this story, there is no one and nothing to fight. We just need to find a “cure” or a “treatment” for this bizarre new psychiatric disorder that keeps causing the masses to hypnotize each other and invent some new fanatical totalitarian ideology in order to alleviate the pent-up frustration caused by their loneliness and isolation by unleashing their rage on unhypnotized persons!

Or whatever … maybe I don’t understand the nuances of “Mass Formation” theory. I’m not a professional psychologist or anything. I’m sure one or two of Professor Desmet’s fans will be happy to explain it all to me, if they’re not too busy undergoing open-heart surgery without anesthetic. I wouldn’t want to interfere with that!
I haven't given this post a close read yet, but it seems to greatly miss the point regarding mass formation, and is the same critique being leveled at Mattias Desmet, who has just published a book on 'mass formation'; The Psychology of Totalitarianism, which I intend to get and read.

Mass formation can arise 'naturally' in a population but can also be induced or 'created' by powerful interests. And whether arising 'naturally' or having been created by these interests, the mass formation (or psychic epidemic, after C.G. Jung) can be manipulated by these interests.

So the idea does not turn the whole phenomenon into just a psychology problem. The susceptibility to this phenomenon is simply a human weakness. Think of how LDS in southern Utah allowed themselves to perpetrate the Mountain Meadows Massacre; they fell victim to this human tendency to be caught up in a mass formation, going against all their religious precepts and beliefs. And the whole thing may have been manipulated and ramped up by 1 or 2 of the principal instigators of that tragedy.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: October 5th, 2022, 1:40 pm
EmmaLee wrote: October 4th, 2022, 3:45 pm Interesting take on the other side of the "mass formation hypnosis" theory -

Sep 11

Ready? OK, here we go.

I haven't given this post a close read yet, but it seems to greatly miss the point regarding mass formation, and is the same critique being leveled at Mattias Desmet, who has just published a book on 'mass formation'; The Psychology of Totalitarianism, which I intend to get and read.

Mass formation can arise 'naturally' in a population but can also be induced or 'created' by powerful interests. And whether arising 'naturally' or having been created by these interests, the mass formation (or psychic epidemic, after C.G. Jung) can be manipulated by these interests.

So the idea does not turn the whole phenomenon into just a psychology problem. The susceptibility to this phenomenon is simply a human weakness. Think of how LDS in southern Utah allowed themselves to perpetrate the Mountain Meadows Massacre; they fell victim to this human tendency to be caught up in a mass formation, going against all their religious precepts and beliefs. And the whole thing may have been manipulated and ramped up by 1 or 2 of the principal instigators of that tragedy.
No uptake on this?

For me, the mass formation hypothesis is the best explanation I've see or come up with that explains the Mountain Meadows Massacre. I'm sure all of us were horrified to learn about this tragedy for the first time.

Now, granted, mass formation is just a name, but it is describing a very prevalent and dangerous human tendency, one driven by fear, threat, prejudices and other biases. As Jung said, it is the most dangerous tendency humans are subject to.

Perhaps the most noticeable aspect of this construct is the tendency of those caught up in one, to fall into a rigid type of group-think.

I'm thinking of writing an article on this topic, but can't imagine what publication would pick it up. Not The Interpreter Foundation, or Meridian Magazine. Does anyone know if Dialogue is still operating??

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

larsenb wrote: October 5th, 2022, 5:51 pm
larsenb wrote: October 5th, 2022, 1:40 pmI haven't given this post a close read yet, but it seems to greatly miss the point regarding mass formation, and is the same critique being leveled at Mattias Desmet, who has just published a book on 'mass formation'; The Psychology of Totalitarianism, which I intend to get and read.

No uptake on this?

For me, the mass formation hypothesis is the best explanation I've see or come up with that explains the Mountain Meadows Massacre. I'm sure all of us were horrified to learn about this tragedy for the first time.

Now, granted, mass formation is just a name, but it is describing a very prevalent and dangerous human tendency, one driven by fear, threat, prejudices and other biases. As Jung said, it is the most dangerous tendency humans are subject to.

Perhaps the most noticeable aspect of this construct is the tendency of those caught up in one, to fall into a rigid type of group-think.

I'm thinking of writing an article on this topic, but can't imagine what publication would pick it up. Not The Interpreter Foundation, or Meridian Magazine. Does anyone know if Dialogue is still operating??

I'm sorry; I didn't know you were expecting me to. But no, not really. I was merely posting another side of the coin - something for people to consider and think about - unless you were just wanting people to agree with you. I'm not particularly wed to either version - both are sickening - and I can see much truth in both.

Are you referring to this? https://www.dialoguejournal.com/ If so, it looks to still be publishing.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

EmmaLee wrote: October 5th, 2022, 6:10 pm
larsenb wrote: October 5th, 2022, 5:51 pm
larsenb wrote: October 5th, 2022, 1:40 pmI haven't given this post a close read yet, but it seems to greatly miss the point regarding mass formation, and is the same critique being leveled at Mattias Desmet, who has just published a book on 'mass formation'; The Psychology of Totalitarianism, which I intend to get and read.

No uptake on this?

I'm sorry; I didn't know you were expecting me to. But no, not really. I was merely posting another side of the coin - something for people to consider and think about - unless you were just wanting people to agree with you. I'm not particularly wed to either version - both are sickening - and I can see much truth in both.

Are you referring to this? https://www.dialoguejournal.com/ If so, it looks to still be publishing.
No, I wasn't expecting anything from you.

But did CJ Hopkins write that piece? I don't know anything about this fellow.

I read through what he had apparently written and still feel he doesn't really understand what Desmet and C.G. Jung are describing. He misses the main point and bigger picture.

For me, this is clear where he says: "The point is, we are dealing with questions of power, not a psychological condition. Desmet’s theory pathologizes the political essence of totalitarianism, just like the official New Normal narrative pathologizes and displaces its political character, rendering it immune to political opposition, and rendering its opponents “conspiracy theorists,” or “paranoid,” or otherwise divorced from “reality,” thus stripping us of political legitimacy."

Susceptibility to a "psychic epidemic" (after Jung) or as Desmet calls it, a mass formation, starts out as a susceptibility. It only becomes what you could describe as a mass 'psychological condition' when a relatively large number of people fall into it. As mentioned, it can arise spontaneously due to the human susceptibility to social conditioning; or it can be manipulated and even engineered/created by people in power and who know how to use this susceptibility to their advantage. It is part of their tool kit in causing large groups of people to think and act as they would have them do so.

And the appearance of a 'mass formation' does NOT render it immune to political opposition; though it is extremely tough to knock people out of these kinds of psychic delusions once they've succumbed to them. And, the very idea that legitimate opponents of our overlords are 'conspiracy theorists' or simply paranoid, may be part of the mass delusion these people have bought into.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

larsenb wrote: August 30th, 2021, 12:25 pm
Allison wrote: August 30th, 2021, 9:43 am . . . . . Might need to listen again, inasmuch as resisting a mass formation could be the most important thing we can do at this time. And with all due respect, Utah/Church members might be uniquely susceptible to mass formation because of our team-player mindset.
Another phrase for "team-player mindset" could also be described as a strong tendency and susceptibility to 'group think'.

Think of the methodology of hashing things over in a group and always coming to a united decision, normally decided on by the head of the group. Its a good method to arrive at unity, but what about arguments put forward by someone in the group that are both logical, compelling and correct, yet don't fall in line with the united decision?

Does the fact that they don't fit the united decision necessarily make them wrong??

No. Sometimes they may be the better course of action. Sometimes the head of the group is just plain doltish, or ... uninspired.
dc

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

larsenb wrote: October 6th, 2022, 1:11 am
larsenb wrote: October 5th, 2022, 5:51 pmNo uptake on this?

Yes, as I stated at the beginning of my post, it was an email from CJ Hopkins. I'm on his email list, and have always enjoyed his writings, as they inspire thought, IMO.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Another interesting set of articles on the theory of "mass formation hypnosis" from Jon Rappoport's blog. If you didn't like Hopkins take on the subject, you really won't like Rappoport's. (Some cuss words are to be found therein, so just skip if that bothers you)

Part 1 - COVID and “Mass Formation” theory - https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2022/09 ... on-theory/

Part 2 - Mass Formation? Here’s a much better theory - https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2022/09 ... er-theory/

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

EmmaLee wrote: October 6th, 2022, 9:24 am
larsenb wrote: October 5th, 2022, 5:51 pmNo uptake on this?

Yes, as I stated at the beginning of my post, it was an email from CJ Hopkins. I'm on his email list, and have always enjoyed his writings, as they inspire thought, IMO.
Yeh, but who is he? I suppose I could 'google' him. Is he LDS or just one of those fighting the WEF Great Reset who have popped up randomly?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

EmmaLee wrote: October 6th, 2022, 9:39 am Another interesting set of articles on the theory of "mass formation hypnosis" from Jon Rappoport's blog. If you didn't like Hopkins take on the subject, you really won't like Rappoport's. (Some cuss words are to be found therein, so just skip if that bothers you)

Part 1 - COVID and “Mass Formation” theory - https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2022/09 ... on-theory/

Part 2 - Mass Formation? Here’s a much better theory - https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2022/09 ... er-theory/
I've taken Jon Rappaport's newsletter for years, well over a decade. I still do. But I think he's confused about the idea of psychic epidemics, aka mass formations.

When he says:
"Where is the mass? Where is the formation? Nowhere.

Then we have the population of the world, assaulted with lies and lockdowns and killer medical treatments and false diagnoses and financial ruin, and so on.

Are these billions of people themselves forming some kind of mass in any literal sense? No.

Are most of them NOT resisting the oppression? That would be correct.

Is that a problem? Yes.

What kind of problem?

It’s not very technical. It’s called surrendering to fear. Fear of predators who have state power.";
he's missing the point that among those "NOT resisting the oppression", is a very large subset of people that believe in the narrative put forth by the oppressors. Jon is ignoring this mass of people, who have bought into the mass formation created for them by these oppressors.

But he is correct, this group was manipulated basically by the use of fear, but not the "fear of predators who have state power", but by the narrative of fear of COVID-19 that is propagated by these predators.

Do you see my point?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

In part 2 of Jon's Mass Formation article, he still misses the point about the meaning of the term. Of course the power players want to form various groups; but their primary tool in doing this is to induce a psychic epidemic or mass formation in those they want in the group.. I.e., to form the group, they still have to get them to buy into certain ideas that have fear as their base, or in the case of a liberal group, ideas of social justice. The buy-in to the ideas constitutes the 'mass formation'

But the idea of 'social justice' is still based in fear: the idea that a rich few, aka capitalists', deliberately oppress people by gobbling up all the wealth and opportunity. Very seductive idea, because it contains a kernel of truth; a very ironic idea, because a portion of the wealthiest of the world use this idea to control and oppress the masses.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

larsenb wrote: October 6th, 2022, 12:47 pm
EmmaLee wrote: October 6th, 2022, 9:24 am
EmmaLee wrote: October 5th, 2022, 6:10 pmI'm sorry; I didn't know you were expecting me to. But no, not really. I was merely posting another side of the coin - something for people to consider and think about - unless you were just wanting people to agree with you. I'm not particularly wed to either version - both are sickening - and I can see much truth in both.

Yeh, but who is he? I suppose I could 'google' him. Is he LDS or just one of those fighting the WEF Great Reset who have popped up randomly?
Oh sorry, yeah, I just figured you would google him if you didn't know who he was. No, he is not LDS. He is a talented writer of many things - but more importantly, a very stalwart warrior fighting the WEF and Great Reset, etc. and telling it like it is at great peril to himself and his freedom.

https://cjhopkins.com/

He lives in Europe right now, and gives an incredibly damning first-hand account of life there under the WEF regime. Coming our way soon!

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

larsenb wrote: October 6th, 2022, 1:01 pm Do you see my point?

Like I've said from the start, I see merit in both theories - I believe there is some truth in both, and that neither one captures ALL aspects of this heinous atrocity that stares us in the face.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

EmmaLee wrote: October 6th, 2022, 2:59 pm

Like I've said from the start, I see merit in both theories - I believe there is some truth in both, and that neither one captures ALL aspects of this heinous atrocity that stares us in the face.
The problem with this view is that the terms mass formation, psychic epidemic or toxic meme (all equivalent in my view), are not really theories but are better described as descriptors for a set of conditions and behaviors present in a group of people. So their validity is not so much a matter of being true, but more a matter of how accurate they are being applied to a given group.

A most excellent presentation of Mattias Desmet's ideas have recently been presented in an interview of him by Tucker Carlson on his program Tucker Carlson Today at: https://www.bitchute.com/video/V9qFQkdQ ... dium=email . Tucker Carlson describes this interview as the most important one he has ever been involved in. I agree with him, and highly recommend people on this forum give it a thorough watch/listen. You handicap yourself and your thinking and understanding processes, in my strong opinion, by ignoring and discounting this template, used by our elites to direct our ideas and actions to conform to their wishes.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to access this link for some hours. Isn't surprising, in terms of how it describes one of the main tools of our overlords, and even accurately identifies them. They would love to suppress this kind of understanding.

What Desmet calls mass formation is a phenomenon I first ran into in trying to extract people from being trapped in the official view of 9/11. Their inability to even question the official version was astonishing to me, let alone their inability to look at the contrary evidence. And it really seemed that the people having the most difficulty were those with a lot of academic degrees under their belts, which is precisely what Desmet claims.

As Eric Clapton said after reading Desmet's book: "~ I now understand what's going on to a much greater degree and can see this phenomena almost everywhere I look". Right on the money. Clapton had problems with his hands, etc., after the first clot shot, and they were entirely paralyzed after his booster, which he took because he hadn't yet extracted himself from the clot shot mass formation or psychic trap. It took the paralysis of this guitar God's hands to push him out of it.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: October 6th, 2022, 11:21 pm
EmmaLee wrote: October 6th, 2022, 2:59 pm

The problem with this view is that the terms mass formation, psychic epidemic or toxic meme (all equivalent in my view), are not really theories but are better described as descriptors for a set of conditions and behaviors present in a group of people. So their validity is not so much a matter of being true, but more a matter of how accurate they are being applied to a given group.

A most excellent presentation of Mattias Desmet's ideas have recently been presented in an interview of him by Tucker Carlson on his program Tucker Carlson Today at: https://www.bitchute.com/video/V9qFQkdQ ... dium=email . Tucker Carlson describes this interview as the most important one he has ever been involved in. I agree with him, and highly recommend people on this forum give it a thorough watch/listen. You handicap yourself and your thinking and understanding processes, in my strong opinion, by ignoring and discounting this template, used by our elites to direct our ideas and actions to conform to their wishes.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to access this link for some hours. Isn't surprising, in terms of how it describes one of the main tools of our overlords, and even accurately identifies them. They would love to suppress this kind of understanding.

What Desmet calls mass formation is a phenomenon I first ran into in trying to extract people from being trapped in the official view of 9/11. Their inability to even question the official version was astonishing to me, let alone their inability to look at the contrary evidence. And it really seemed that the people having the most difficulty were those with a lot of academic degrees under their belts, which is precisely what Desmet claims.

As Eric Clapton said after reading Desmet's book: "~ I now understand what's going on to a much greater degree and can see this phenomena almost everywhere I look". Right on the money. Clapton had problems with his hands, etc., after the first clot shot, and they were entirely paralyzed after his booster, which he took because he hadn't yet extracted himself from the clot shot mass formation or psychic trap. It took the paralysis of this guitar God's hands to push him out of it.
The Desmet/Tucker Carlson Today interview link came back up after being down for about 15 hours.

One of the things that Desmet got into is the metaphysical view of reality he arrived at around the age of 35, after being a scientific reductionist/atheist from the age of 18 yrs old. He also quotes from an autobiography of Max Planck, who said that after spending a life-time in the lab, he finally came to believe that science only scratches the surface of our reality, most of which goes waay beyond our reductionist rational description of it. Planck also said this led him to ascribe to a "personal God". Desmet implied that he has arrived at the same belief.

Desmet also describes the thrust of our current overlords as 'transhumanism', which of course is a theme pushed by Alex Jones and many others; and he also says that current groups pushing for control and even totalitarian control are driven by ideologies, more than just power, gain and glory, i.e., dictatorial control, which sounds about right to me.

And it's occurred to me that the very ideologies these folks subscribe to, could be described as 'mass formations', themselves. So mass formations all the way down. Would Satan be highly aware of this human tendency? Of course. One of his main tools.

If you want to avoid such things and to have a better chance of holding on to your objectivity, I think it is very important to be aware of the concept of mass formations/psychic epidemics/toxic memes. And of course, holding onto a belief in a higher, moral power and reality is equally, if not more important for this avoidance.

Mountain Meadows massacre was driven by a mass formation that arose among the LDS perpetrators.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: October 7th, 2022, 11:25 am . . . . . . If you want to avoid such things and to have a better chance of holding on to your objectivity, I think it is very important to be aware of the concept of mass formations/psychic epidemics/toxic memes. And of course, holding onto a belief in a higher, moral power and reality is equally, if not more important for this avoidance.

Mountain Meadows massacre was driven by a mass formation that arose among the LDS perpetrators.
I truly don't understand why this topic gets so little traction on a forum such as LDSFF, or even very little cogent push-back. And it 's not an ego thing with me, i.e., because I push the idea and think its so important.

This human tendency to succumb to 'psychic epidemics' or delusions is almost the perfect illuminator of events such as the Mountain Meadows Massacre, which I would think would be a hot topic on this forum because of the horrid nature of it and because it was our 'brethren' who perpetrated it.

This idea sheds further light on how such a thing could happen among a group of people you would think would have been highly moral and righteous, who would at least adhere to the 10 Commandments.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: October 10th, 2022, 11:27 am
larsenb wrote: October 7th, 2022, 11:25 am . . . . . . If you want to avoid such things and to have a better chance of holding on to your objectivity, I think it is very important to be aware of the concept of mass formations/psychic epidemics/toxic memes. And of course, holding onto a belief in a higher, moral power and reality is equally, if not more important for this avoidance.

I truly don't understand why this topic gets so little traction on a forum such as LDSFF, or even very little cogent push-back. And it 's not an ego thing with me, i.e., because I push the idea and think its so important.

This human tendency to succumb to 'psychic epidemics' or delusions is almost the perfect illuminator of events such as the Mountain Meadows Massacre, which I would think would be a hot topic on this forum because of the horrid nature of it and because it was our 'brethren' who perpetrated it.

This idea sheds further light on how such a thing could happen among a group of people you would think would have been highly moral and righteous, who would at least adhere to the 10 Commandments.
Let's put it this way.

Suppose there was even ONE individual in southern Utah in the mid- to late 1850s, who understood how easy it was for a group to fall into a mass psychosis, and who also understood the characteristics of this phenomenon. He wouldn't even have to have a name for the condition (e.g., toxic group think, mass formation (Desmet), psychic epidemic (Jung), toxic meme (me), etc.), he would simply have to be aware of it.

All he would have had to do to stop the massacre dead-in-its tracks, would be to go around to each of the leaders and those pushing it, take them by the lapels, and forcefully describe to them what they were doing and how bad it would be. Of course, hitting up those being duped would also help.

Where was this individual?? The fact that no one took this role is almost as astonishing as those who perpetrated the idea and/or fell for it. We are seeing the same phenomenon all around us today, as Eric Clapton says. Just look at the Godsend phenomenon, etc., etc.

Thanks heaven, there was an Emile Zola during the Dreyfus Affair, who was almost single-handedly able to pop that toxic, nation-destroying balloon.