Business Ideas

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
FreedomJess
captain of 100

Re: Business Ideas

Post by FreedomJess »

mudflap wrote: September 14th, 2021, 8:17 am
FreedomJess wrote: September 10th, 2021, 1:39 pm
Also: Gab has a board on their site where employers and employees who are not enforcing tyrannical mandates can find each other. FYI.
I signed up for Gab - where are all the Mormons over there? lol. I found a group on gab called "Ex-mormons for Jesus". sheesh - those guys are everywhere, aren't they?

Maybe I'll start a group....

my username: sambucus
I have not checked for a Mormon group. But the reason you can’t find one is possibly because we don’t have a name to call ourselves anymore.
Anyone who uses the word “mormon” is not following the prophet. /sarc

I’m @JessicaSund over there. I’ll go “friend” you.

FreedomWorks
captain of 50

Post by FreedomWorks »

Juliet wrote: August 13th, 2021, 3:46 pm I would love it if we can support each other in building up businesses so we can support each other when the five major monopolies that own everything start to move us out.

Here are some of my ideas.... Please add to the list. If you are thinking of starting a home business let us know how we can support you.

<snip>

Make brick factories where anyone can come and work without a resume or job interview. Have a day care center on the side.
Juliet, the Utah OSR Land Co-op is doing very nearly exactly this in their 250-family homesteading community they're building here in Utah.
They're encouraging each family to create their own home-based businesses, like the ones you mentioned.

The goal is to have an entire community independent of the cities for their life-sustaining food, water, and power. Currently 15 families live at Riverbed Ranch, and the co-op has 83 shareholders (9 joined in the last 10 days).

They already have a concrete plant and two families are working on producing compressed earth blocks (CEB) for home construction.

Great minds think alike! :)

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

FreedomWorks wrote: September 14th, 2021, 11:08 am
Juliet wrote: August 13th, 2021, 3:46 pm I would love it if we can support each other in building up businesses so we can support each other when the five major monopolies that own everything start to move us out.

Here are some of my ideas.... Please add to the list. If you are thinking of starting a home business let us know how we can support you.

<snip>

Make brick factories where anyone can come and work without a resume or job interview. Have a day care center on the side.
Juliet, the Utah OSR Land Co-op is doing very nearly exactly this in their 250-family homesteading community they're building here in Utah.
They're encouraging each family to create their own home-based businesses, like the ones you mentioned.

The goal is to have an entire community independent of the cities for their life-sustaining food, water, and power. Currently 15 families live at Riverbed Ranch, and the co-op has 83 shareholders (9 joined in the last 10 days).

They already have a concrete plant and two families are working on producing compressed earth blocks (CEB) for home construction.

Quite the project they have undertaken there...I've been invited...but declined (too old for start from scratch)...but followed the progress over the last 6 months...some great ideas!

Quetsilquatl
captain of 10

Post by Quetsilquatl »

Also: Gab has a board on their site where employers and employees who are not enforcing tyrannical mandates can find each other. FYI.
I signed up for Gab - where are all the Mormons over there? lol. I found a group on gab called "Ex-mormons for Jesus". sheesh - those guys are everywhere, aren't they?

Just joined, I'm using it to give updates of my projects so far.
I’ve been quietly protesting Facebook and other social media since 2011 by not being involved.
Turns out you don’t need one to run a successful business.
However, I joined because I do feel like this GoldBack scanner is a big deal. The only people who are going to care about it are specifically people who are comfortable with the idea of leaving the dollar and returning to gold and silver.
Look for @Quetsilquatl.

Quetsilquatl
captain of 10

Post by Quetsilquatl »

FreedomJess wrote: September 14th, 2021, 8:37 am

I have not checked for a Mormon group. But the reason you can’t find one is possibly because we don’t have a name to call ourselves anymore.
Anyone who uses the word “mormon” is not following the prophet. /sarc

I’m @JessicaSund over there. I’ll go “friend” you.
Most people I know want to keep their opinions private. (Including any ledger with whom they associate.)
That’s the complete opposite of what social media and forums like these are for.
To me, that is the most likely reason there doesn’t appear to be a cohesive group.
With that said, I’m not using mine as a personal account per-se, I’m just using it as a place to log updates on my projects.
Follow if you’d like: @Quetsilquatl

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I don't mean this as a joke, but consider setting up bartering networks. The economy in Argentina was so horrible and the currency so unstable that many people went over to this. Ditto in Russia when their economy went haywire. Bartering needn't be just physical goods, you can provide a service and get goods in exchange.

This subverts any economic manipulation, cashless society junk or any other horror the rulers of this world want to foist on us.

Quetsilquatl
captain of 10

Post by Quetsilquatl »

<snip>

Solar power is not self-sustaining.
Anyone creating a homestead which relies on any kind of electrical power generation (or any modern tool for that matter) relies on mines, refineries, factories, people working in those industries, and the capital necessary to start up and sustain their operations. Most of these are city jobs.
Some people are going to be able to homestead, but most people need savings, I mean real savings.
Sort-term: food storage, backup generators, fuel, security, and liquid assets
Mid-term: construction supplies for repairs, knowledge, transportation and maintenance equipment
Long-term: precious metals, friends and family with skills, your own skills

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Quetsilquatl wrote: September 15th, 2021, 11:38 am

Just joined, I'm using it to give updates of my projects so far.
I’ve been quietly protesting Facebook and other social media since 2011 by not being involved.
Turns out you don’t need one to run a successful business.
However, I joined because I do feel like this GoldBack scanner is a big deal. The only people who are going to care about it are specifically people who are comfortable with the idea of leaving the dollar and returning to gold and silver.
Look for @Quetsilquatl.
I went and followed you!

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Quetsilquatl wrote: September 15th, 2021, 12:45 pm
1. Solar power is not self-sustaining.
2. Anyone creating a homestead which relies on any kind of electrical power generation (or any modern tool for that matter) relies on mines, refineries, factories, people working in those industries, and the capital necessary to start up and sustain their operations. Most of these are city jobs.
3. Some people are going to be able to homestead, but most people need savings, I mean real savings.
4. Sort-term: food storage, backup generators, fuel, security, and liquid assets
5. Mid-term: construction supplies for repairs, knowledge, transportation and maintenance equipment
6. Long-term: precious metals, friends and family with skills, your own skills
1. agreed. - you'll get at most 15-25 years out of it, depending on weather and environment
2. agreed. I'm pleased to find that the more chinking I apply, the cooler my cabin becomes when I get there in the afternoon to work on it. Yesterday, it was 85 outside, but about 10 degrees cooler inside. If there was ever a nationwide power outage due to an EMP, I think we'd survive the Sweltering South in our cabin, without any AC.
3. yes, but on 3b - I don't know- savings are only good if you can spend it- if it's accepted somewhere.
4. yes. if you don't have a cash reserve, start acquiring one - every time you go to the grocery store, take out $40. or whatever. it'll add up quicker than you think.
5. yes, but you'll need a place to store them out of the weather. I would say the ability to make your own construction materials would be the most important. Don't use "exotic materials" in your home - like vinyl, or silicone caulk, if you can help it. I made a wide path away from silicone caulk for chinking my cabin - besides costing more than $10k, it's not something you can buy locally. Mortar, sand, lime, and water are plentiful and cheap. it's costing me under $500 to chink my whole cabin.
6. precious metals have been confiscated in the past - you'd have to hide them. But definitely skills.

heliocentr1c
captain of 100

Post by heliocentr1c »

Quetsilquatl wrote: September 10th, 2021, 4:41 pm

Pick up free old furniture and restore it.

Make portable solar generators and sell them to customers.

Bakery with spelt natural yeast bread

Sell chicken eggs and goat's milk, put a few fountains in the pond and sell fish. Farm greasy beans by growing them with corn in the front hill. Harvest maple syrup.

Make a women's clothes line. Or quilting.

Make a mattress topper or camp pad with the same grid idea that purple mattress uses.

Sell homeschool curriculum based on what it needed for testing up through SATs

Make a recipe cook book with weekly shopping list.

Own horses and give horseback riding lessons and date night tours.

Music and piano lessons.

Get a degree as a band teacher and work in the jails forming bands and be the conductor

I love the thought put into this list. Some great ideas.
I do think one way to win the war we are in Is to stop supporting big corporations.
The enemy’s plan (among other things) was to desolate small businesses with Covid. But they failed. If they can have us dependent on big Corp (working for them, buying from them) they will control us.
I never realized how important the slogan “Buy Local” meant until recently.
My hardest obstacle to overcome as I try to live by what I preach, is to cut Amazon out of my life. That 2 day shipping has so many of us hooked. But it was all part of the plan. Was Amazon a puppet of the bad guys so that they could get rid of the small guys? I believe so.

All that being said, I am opening a small shop in my downtown. It’ll be ready hopefully by the end of the year. I do hand-dipped chocolates and currently sell locally and online. But I will have other food options in my shop. I’ve just known for a long time that this is something I need to do. So ready or not, here I go. Haha.
I think now is a great time for everyone to find their talents and use them. Live simpler. Surround ourselves with like-minded people.

Consider accepting silver and possibly GoldBacks at your business. You could get your store promoted by like-minded individuals for free. Let me know if that feels like a fit for you.

Dollars and dollar-denominated debt are the biggest American products we are accustomed to.

I have no qualms with Amazon. I've heard of a lot of positive experiences from small business owners who work with Amazon. It's going to be hard for them to retain a profit and not raise prices or start changing shipping costs though.
They’ve been cool so far but the second Am@zon wants to clamp down and start pushing smaller business out I think they’ll probably be able to, to some extent. Kind of like apple is doing flipping the script on everyone and searching their iPhones despite a long track record of privacy.

Quetsilquatl
captain of 10

Post by Quetsilquatl »

heliocentr1c wrote: September 15th, 2021, 3:30 pm

Pick up free old furniture and restore it.

Make portable solar generators and sell them to customers.

Bakery with spelt natural yeast bread

Sell chicken eggs and goat's milk, put a few fountains in the pond and sell fish. Farm greasy beans by growing them with corn in the front hill. Harvest maple syrup.

Make a women's clothes line. Or quilting.

Make a mattress topper or camp pad with the same grid idea that purple mattress uses.

Sell homeschool curriculum based on what it needed for testing up through SATs

Make a recipe cook book with weekly shopping list.

Own horses and give horseback riding lessons and date night tours.

Music and piano lessons.

Get a degree as a band teacher and work in the jails forming bands and be the conductor

I do think one way to win the war we are in Is to stop supporting big corporations.
The enemy’s plan (among other things) was to desolate small businesses with Covid. But they failed. If they can have us dependent on big Corp (working for them, buying from them) they will control us.
My hardest obstacle to overcome as I try to live by what I preach, is to cut Amazon out of my life. That 2 day shipping has so many of us hooked. But it was all part of the plan. Was Amazon a puppet of the bad guys so that they could get rid of the small guys? I believe so.

All that being said, I am opening a small shop in my downtown. It’ll be ready hopefully by the end of the year. I do hand-dipped chocolates and currently sell locally and online. But I will have other food options in my shop. I’ve just known for a long time that this is something I need to do. So ready or not, here I go. Haha.
I think now is a great time for everyone to find their talents and use them. Live simpler. Surround ourselves with like-minded people.

Consider accepting silver and possibly GoldBacks at your business. You could get your store promoted by like-minded individuals for free. Let me know if that feels like a fit for you.

Dollars and dollar-denominated debt are the biggest American products we are accustomed to.

I have no qualms with Amazon. I've heard of a lot of positive experiences from small business owners who work with Amazon. It's going to be hard for them to retain a profit and not raise prices or start changing shipping costs though.
They’ve been cool so far but the second Am@zon wants to clamp down and start pushing smaller business out I think they’ll probably be able to, to some extent. Kind of like apple is doing flipping the script on everyone and searching their iPhones despite a long track record of privacy.
Are you talking about the iCloud photo scanning shenanigans?
There’s no way that’s going to fly.
But I’ve been wrong before, so if it happens, I guess customers will stop using iCloud.
Some of them might even stop buying iPhones.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Quetsilquatl wrote: September 15th, 2021, 12:45 pm

<snip>

Solar power is not self-sustaining.
Anyone creating a homestead which relies on any kind of electrical power generation (or any modern tool for that matter) relies on mines, refineries, factories, people working in those industries, and the capital necessary to start up and sustain their operations. Most of these are city jobs.
Some people are going to be able to homestead, but most people need savings, I mean real savings.
Sort-term: food storage, backup generators, fuel, security, and liquid assets
Mid-term: construction supplies for repairs, knowledge, transportation and maintenance equipment
Long-term: precious metals, friends and family with skills, your own skills
There are many ways to use solar and not all involve electricity. For example my uncle in Spain had a roof heating system that produced hot water, little or no electricity involved.

If you have the climate, the sun can be used to cook food, start fires etc.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Quetsilquatl wrote: September 15th, 2021, 4:40 pm
heliocentr1c wrote: September 15th, 2021, 3:30 pm ....Kind of like apple is doing flipping the script on everyone and searching their iPhones despite a long track record of privacy.
But I’ve been wrong before, so if it happens, I guess customers will stop using iCloud.
ummm. Apple and privacy shouldn't be used in the same sentence. As far as I know, they've never been big on privacy. You guys know about the Vault 7 revelations, right? Every I-phone ever sold was loaded with spyware by one of the Alphabet orgs. If bought at the Apple store, it was pre-loaded. If shipped through the mail, the package was intercepted by the USPS, given to the alphabet org guys, who opened it, loaded it with spyware, and then re-packaged it (new packaging courtesy of Apple), and sent on its way.

And Android isn't any better - they can remotely power on your device and access the camera and microphone, and even make it look like the screen is off. It's all documented in the Vault 7 stuff. Look it up, it will scare your socks off.

the Ring doorbell thing - same thing; and Alexa, and google speakers - same thing. All Samsung smart TV's can listen in as well.

Your best bet, and it's still iffy, is to use an old nokia flip phone, but 3g is going away, so that's not much of an option. Only way around spying on your communications is to use linux, which, ironically, is what the alphabet agencies use to spy on you. You can either find an android phone that will accept a linux OS, or buy a really expensive Librem 5 (like $500), or a new contender is the PinePhone, which runs a bunch of linux distros. I've got Manjaro Phosh on my pinephone. It's still in "Beta", so not all that reliable, but sure beats getting spied on.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

last night, I sent a message to my daughter's laptop from my pinephone using qtox while away from home. Not only is qtox encrypting the message before it ever left my phone, there's no spyware on my phone making a log of the transaction. All the alphabet guys know is that I connected to the public network, sent a message that was x kilobytes large to an unknown recipient at an encrypted address. Since qtox is serverless, there's no permanent record of the message or its path, either.

heliocentr1c
captain of 100

Post by heliocentr1c »

Quetsilquatl wrote: September 15th, 2021, 4:40 pm
heliocentr1c wrote: September 15th, 2021, 3:30 pm

It may not, but I’m just saying they’re trying to flip the script at least by changing the narrative and so may other companies. They lull people into dependence then flip.

Yeah, the phones were never really sincere but now they’re in the open about it, trying to normalize the idea of it by degrees.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

getting back to the topic -
I used to do 1099 contract work. I was a telecom contractor. I used a laptop, all kinds of connecting cables, a bag of jacks and tools, and a ladder. I found 3 or 4 online sites that would take requests from retailers, and distribute them to techs like me. I became friends with a guy that called me for every cabling job he had - he was a network programmer, and I was the cabling guy. One time, he got in a bind with a ambulance chasing lawyer - a big one here in AL - had to get 40 desks wired before the new year - I guess they wanted to chase even more ambulances, lol.... He called me on New Years Eve. I told him I had a holiday and evening hours policy - was he sure? He was desperate and offered me a bonus. I ended up making about $2500 in one night for about 8 hours of work. This was 10 years ago - there's a lot more of this going on now. I got an email this morning from one of them, saying I had unused funds in my account- I went and looked and shornuff - there was $45 waiting for me. They are sending me a visa card with the amount on it.

Curious, I stuck around and looked at some of the jobs they are offering for bids - one was a 4 hour job changing all the IP's on equipment in an office about 30 minutes away- they were offering $180. Don't have to know anything, really, just have a laptop with the right connector to their router, and their IT dept would walk me through what to type over the phone. Another was moving equipment and cabling from the back office to the front office - for $400. Most jobs work out to about $50 / hr. They also pay mileage and consumables most of the time. I did the security systems for about 2 dozen dollar generals here in the area.

Portable skills are great: I also used to fix laptops and cell phones - most of the work I got was by referral from a doctor's office - I fixed a laptop for a doctor I was friends with - he dropped it and busted the power jack. I took it apart and resoldered the jack back on. He was so impressed (I made the fix a bit more bulletproof than the original) that he started telling his patients. I charged by the job - $100 or $200 or whatever I thought my time was worth. I learned how to solder at the phone company - yes, they used to have a cross-connect rack that took solder to make the connections - they used to do it that way in the 50's. An old guy taught me how to do it.

See how this works?

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Here's another idea:

A guy on the lhba forum is saying a local weld shop quoted him $500 to make this bracket.

I could probably make it in about an hour.

While the demand for a steel bracket for a log home is pretty low, the price is pretty high. You could ship them all over the country. Add to your stock some blacksmithed door hardware, and you're golden.

I couldn't believe the $12,000 bed frame I saw in some log home furniture shop I saw in Ogden Utah years ago. held together with lag screws! yuppies from California buying that garbage and hauling it up to their getaways in Jackson hole, probably.

I made a stand for a farmhouse sink for my boss one time out of stair newell posts and jointery. She loved it and paid me $300 for the thing.

folks that are good with their hands will always have work to do.

sorry, rocket engineers: the coming collapse isn't going to treat you kindly.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

mudflap wrote: September 16th, 2021, 1:10 pm Here's another idea:

A guy on the lhba forum is saying a local weld shop quoted him $500 to make this bracket.

While the demand for a steel bracket for a log home is pretty low, the price is pretty high. You could ship them all over the country. Add to your stock some blacksmithed door hardware, and you're golden.

I couldn't believe the $12,000 bed frame I saw in some log home furniture shop I saw in Ogden Utah years ago. held together with lag screws! yuppies from California buying that garbage and hauling it up to their getaways in Jackson hole, probably.

I made a stand for a farmhouse sink for my boss one time out of stair newell posts and jointery. She loved it and paid me $300 for the thing.

Funny you mention that because I think rocket engineers will probably do well helping people with Apache issues. I don't think software will be on many people's list, though, unless we have a formal secession.

I have been thinking a lot more about what job would be best to help a community. It's hard to up and switch to welding or something like that with no prior experience, though.

Quetsilquatl
captain of 10

Post by Quetsilquatl »

Ouch! Aiming where it hurts, I see.
In all honesty though, my last TIG job was not pretty.
I swear it's 90% grinding, the rest is skill.

Well, at least there's always McDonalds if all fails...

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

harakim wrote: September 16th, 2021, 1:28 pm

Funny you mention that because I think rocket engineers will probably do well helping people with Apache issues. I don't think software will be on many people's list, though, unless we have a formal secession.

I have been thinking a lot more about what job would be best to help a community. It's hard to up and switch to welding or something like that with no prior experience, though.
I imagine the Taliban will be looking for Apache mechanics really soon, but really- I meant rocket engineers in the sense of a "non-hands-on" rocket engineer. My buddy teaches mechanical engineering at the local university. I say "teaches", but honestly - they guy doesn't have a degree. He just knows everything there is to know about metal and mechanical stuff. When the head of the school of engineering trusts someone with their car, he's got to be good, right? When the physics dept. wants a part made for an experiment, he's the guy. I showed him a random piece of junk I found at a junkyard one time, and he knew exactly what car it came from, what they used before that part, why they changed to another part years later, what situations would make it fail, how to tell if it was any good or not, etc, etc. genius.

I'm sure there are rocket engineers who can do more than just "design", but I'll wager that's a small population of the profession. And in an 1880's / post-EMP America, someone who can "think with their hands" is probably going to be pretty valuable.

As for switching up to welding- yes, there's a certain aptitude it takes to be really good at it (some folks are just born to play the piano, too), but being decent is probably good enough. I designed and made the floor brackets for my log cabin - they are really strong, even though I'm not the best at welding - wrote about it on my blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com/20 ... -brackets/

one of the brackets:

The machine I'm using to weld is 70 years old. the cables are made out of car battery jumper cables. Pretty sure (positive) I could get nice clean beads with better equipment.

Quetsilquatl
captain of 10

Post by Quetsilquatl »

Don't get me started about Apache!
It's way too political for this conversation.

If I were to start from scratch with little experience, I’d consider masonry. It’s actually pretty forgiving for smaller projects. Materials are still pretty cheep and accessible, so startup costs are fairly benign. Concrete is such a huge topic too so skills are pretty transferrable.
Ok, so maybe you live in an apartment, and you can’t do concrete work. I'd pick up drafting. Start with the big boys SolidWorks and AutoCAD pull up youtube, and start cranking out drawings. There's always a drafting wiz behind every successful project.
No computer skills?
I think you’re forced into less tangible-asset skills if you can’t find a job. I’d start selling things, and start getting really good at finding deals. I know some people who go around to garage sales and buy up stuff and resell them online. Best part is you can have fun haggling.

With that said, I still think we are in desperate need for skilled labor. It’s been so hard finding local contractors:
Being good at fabricating things is always helpful. (CNC, lathing, laser cutting, 3D printing, composite work like fiberglass, and carbon fiber, applying coatings and depositioning glasses and metals, carpenters)
Good resource management is really hard to come by.
Having good people skills is also super hard to come by. There are those people who can sell you snow cone in the middle of a blizzard.
These skills might not make much sense off-the-bat, but it makes sense in practice.

Finally, but not at all least:
Waste management (big elephant in the room)
Funeral work

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Quetsilquatl wrote: September 16th, 2021, 2:19 pm

If I were to start from scratch with little experience, I’d consider masonry. It’s actually pretty forgiving for smaller projects. Materials are still pretty cheep and accessible, so startup costs are fairly benign. Concrete is such a huge topic too so skills are pretty transferrable.
Ok, so maybe you live in an apartment, and you can’t do concrete work. I'd pick up drafting. Start with the big boys SolidWorks and AutoCAD pull up youtube, and start cranking out drawings. There's always a drafting wiz behind every successful project.
No computer skills?
I think you’re forced into less tangible-asset skills if you can’t find a job. I’d start selling things, and start getting really good at finding deals. I know some people who go around to garage sales and buy up stuff and resell them online. Best part is you can have fun haggling.

With that said, I still think we are in desperate need for skilled labor. It’s been so hard finding local contractors:
Being good at fabricating things is always helpful. (CNC, lathing, laser cutting, 3D printing, composite work like fiberglass, and carbon fiber, applying coatings and depositioning glasses and metals, carpenters)
Having good people skills is also super hard to come by. There are those people who can sell you snow cone in the middle of a blizzard.
These skills might not make much sense off-the-bat, but it makes sense in practice.

Funeral work
What is resource management?

Quetsilquatl
captain of 10

Post by Quetsilquatl »

harakim wrote: September 16th, 2021, 11:19 pm

No computer skills?

Funeral work
Maricel Rivera at the Motley Fool gives a pretty good description here:
https://www.fool.com/the-blueprint/resource-management/
If you’re a small business owner with few or no employees, you probably do all of this yourself without thinking about it so formally.
In larger businesses, people’s roles tend to become highly rigid. Then you start seeing managers get certifications like the PMP to try and compensate for their lack of experience to make sense of all the moving parts in their area.
Why I said resource management is so important earlier is because you do get those rare guys who can see the whole picture and the working details all at the same time. They know where to cut and where to expand internally. These are the guys with balls of steel and will fire someone because your company needs it to survive. He’s almost like he’s an entrepreneur, but instead of discovering new money and opportunities externally, he finds it internally.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Quetsilquatl wrote: September 17th, 2021, 12:18 pm
harakim wrote: September 16th, 2021, 11:19 pm

No computer skills?

Funeral work
Maricel Rivera at the Motley Fool gives a pretty good description here:
https://www.fool.com/the-blueprint/resource-management/
If you’re a small business owner with few or no employees, you probably do all of this yourself without thinking about it so formally.
In larger businesses, people’s roles tend to become highly rigid. Then you start seeing managers get certifications like the PMP to try and compensate for their lack of experience to make sense of all the moving parts in their area.
Why I said resource management is so important earlier is because you do get those rare guys who can see the whole picture and the working details all at the same time. They know where to cut and where to expand internally. These are the guys with balls of steel and will fire someone because your company needs it to survive. He’s almost like he’s an entrepreneur, but instead of discovering new money and opportunities externally, he finds it internally.
That job would be really sweet and I could do it easily. I guess I'll give that a shot.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

<snip>

I am not sure how to follow what they are doing, but this looks like a great idea. Not everyone can up and move to a new community, but networking and crowd funding is important. For example we could stop investing in 401 Ks which can only pay dividends in worthless dollars, and start investing in our own start ups that have primary resources as dividends. Such as farm land, trucks, cables, animals, small scale production facilities, and so forth. But in order for this to happen, we need a place to network. Would it even be possible to find people in every state willing to build a private server? It could be our first crowd sourcing project.