Embed BitChute videos?

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Embed BitChute videos?

Post by Silver Pie »

Since YouTube often takes down good videos, but they can be found on other sites like BitChute, would it be possible to enable us to embed videos from BitChute and other sites?

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Embed BitChute videos?

Post by mes5464 »

I second that

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

Is it doable? Any suggestions?

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SPIRIT »

Youtube being part of these evil secret combinations removes everything now;
because it doesn't go with their lies and what they want everyone to believe.

I've posted probably more Youtube videos in this forum than anyone -
hundreds of them - and I go back - and see that over half have been removed.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

SPIRIT wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 1:36 am Youtube being part of these evil secret combinations removes everything now;
because it doesn't go with their lies and what they want everyone to believe.

I've posted probably more Youtube videos in this forum than anyone -
hundreds of them - and I go back - and see that over half have been removed.
It's run by Google. I keep pointing out to people that they need to move off Google. YouTube is the only really useful Google product...

We have 90% of internet searches going through Google. They are gatekeepers of the internet. If someone says to me "Google it", I often pick them up on it. I don't use Google search now (apart from Google Books, because I can't find an alternative). I try to use other browsers than Chrome etc.

We also have Google Play determining what we can and can't download to phones.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

Being able to embed Rumble and Odysee videos would be nice, too. Bitchute has actually been caught censoring anti-Israel content. I prefer sources that simply don’t do that.
Last edited by Allison on January 3rd, 2022, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

It's something I could consider, but most of the other video sites either don't have a method for embedding videos, or the method they do have is not simple like YouTube. Also, there are so many alternative platforms it might be easiest to just settle on linking to the video rather than embed.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

NeveR wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 12:41 am Is it doable? Any suggestions?

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.bitchute.com/video/HGlur2cA1Ruu][img]https://i.ibb.co/bLNnw3b/pilots.png[/img][/url]
There'e one and the code how to do it. Really it's pretty easy to link any image to any url. imgBB.com lets you assign a title, such that search.php?keywords=pilots will find it. 8-)

You can link to anywhere in the video, and the image won't disappear when the video vanishes.

The trickiest part is getting the starting image. In this case I screen captured it from GLP.

3*8**

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

The Creator wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 4:24 pm It's something I could consider, but most of the other video sites either don't have a method for embedding videos, or the method they do have is not simple like YouTube. Also, there are so many alternative platforms it might be easiest to just settle on linking to the video rather than embed.
That’s fine, and probably saves time.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Allison wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 1:06 pm Being able to embed Rumble and Odysee videos would be nice, too. Bitchute has actually been caught censoring anti-Israel content. I prefer sources that simply don’t do that.
The ones that spring to mind are:

* Bitchute
* Brandnewtube
* Odysee
* Rumble
* TikTok
* Vimeo

Don't Gab and Brave have their own outlets too?

Bitchute is UK based. That comes with a lot of issues these days.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

The Creator wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 4:24 pm It's something I could consider, but most of the other video sites either don't have a method for embedding videos, or the method they do have is not simple like YouTube. Also, there are so many alternative platforms it might be easiest to just settle on linking to the video rather than embed.
Thanks for explaining this. Links work. It would just be nice to see the video in the thread because that gives more of an idea of whether I want to watch it or not - coupled with the poster giving an explanation/their views on said video, of course. But I understand the difficulty.