Healing injuries

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Jamescm
captain of 100

Healing injuries

Post by Jamescm »

One field in which western medicine is actually pretty helpful. Sometimes. The process is straightforward: "Help the body do it". Stitches hold split skin together to heal more easily. Bones are set in place to heal properly.

But there are some limitations. Major and complex joints, such as the knees and shoulders, can be a problem in apparently healthy, active or even athletic people who check all the conventional boxes. Some things,such as glucosamine and chondroitin, I've seen sworn by others and confirmed a sense of help from, but normal medical experts seem to disagree on its use sometimes. It also seems to disagree with whether ice on an injury is a good idea or not. Turmeric is supposed to be helpful when repairing soft tissue, but I haven't noticed any real benefit at all from it.

Inflammation? How much do we need? I've seen a lot of acute and systemic problems blamed on inflammation, but inflammation is also a part of the healing and muscle repair processes. Does our body even know how much is enough? More than a few times in my life, I've had long-lasting pains that permanently subsided after one dose of ibuprofen, so was my body just going too hard at it? Was it trying to give just the right amount, without accounting for additional causes?

I once pulled my forearm near the elbow pretty badly doing pullups. Lifting caused it pain, even several months later, everything from lifting children to salad plates. Complete rest, physical therapy, light work, heavy work, it all failed. Then I went TDY from the midwest to Nevada, tried lifting light weights, did it without pain, and quickly moved back up to normal weight on the arm. Came back, still no problems, and that was over a year ago.

I've been told that evil and unclean spirits at times try to inhabit us, according to the darkness and feelings we have within ourselves and impacting not only our mental illnesses, but physical diseases and injuries as well. Has anyone heard or had intimate experience with this?

I've seen sharp argumentation about forms of "energy healing" which I'm wary of. I've read vivid accounts of Qi Gong, which I've admittedly attempted practicing for a long time, but to completely no apparent use toward anything.

Then there is the Ultimate Physician, but with all glory and respect, He is quite an unreliable One. Seemingly similar situations with the same things at stake with the same care and precautions and the same attempted faithfulness and prayer, I've been clearly and miraculously healed at one and left exactly as I was in several others.

Has anyone else experienced these principles, or applied them in heavy or explosive athletic pursuits?

BeHealthy94
captain of 100

Re: Healing injuries

Post by BeHealthy94 »

I am a very spiritual person and believe that God is the ultimate scientist. What was once mystical and unexplainable centuries/decades ago can now be explained today by science. The more we learn through science and research the closer we come to God. I do not believe that evil spirits can cause physical sickness on humans but evil spirits can influence humans to make choices that get them sick. For example a trucker picks up a prostitute and contracts a STD or addiction to heroin deteriorates the body. I do believe that evil spirits can possess a human as I have seen it myself.

I have studied various forms of energy medicine and think that its the same thing as prayer where you set intentions and beliefs.

Ill try to post more when I have more time.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Jamescm wrote: August 9th, 2021, 12:49 pm Has anyone else experienced these principles, or applied them…
I believe long ago, maybe before the known roots of our religion, there was extensive study of the soul (real psych- ology). This involves how the spirit, mind and body affect one another.

Before many medications are allowed, they are tested against placebo effect to verify if it actually works or if the mind believes it so much - even a sugar pill would work because of faith. Nocebo is when there is persistent negative faith - fear etc. “As a man thinketh in his heart so is he.”

I have a book that lists possible metaphysical causes of illness (like this: http://www.vitalaffirmations.com/health ... TLYWSVOKEc)
It’s really interesting to read about thoughts and feelings associated with health issues I had- & helpful when I adjust my thinking/feeling - along with other healing measures.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I've been told that evil and unclean spirits at times try to inhabit us, according to the darkness and feelings we have within ourselves and impacting not only our mental illnesses, but physical diseases and injuries as well. Has anyone heard or had intimate experience with this?
If you are baptised, saved and have the Holy Ghost in you, then unclean spirits can only influence you, not possess you. However, if you get into occult practices etc then this maybe reversed.

Evil spirits can influence your mental health etc, but they can't possess you if you are in the right place. You can also rebuke them and ask them to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. House hauntings, abduction phenomena etc seem to originate in this quarter.