A mormon fan

Tell us about yourself...
adrianbye
Hi, I'm new.

A mormon fan

Post by adrianbye »

Hi guys,

I'm not a mormon, but I think you are a very interesting group of people. I'm particularly interested in the white horse prophecy which I heard about from Glenn Beck.

I hope I can participate here.

Adrian

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A mormon fan

Post by Cruiserdude »

adrianbye wrote: July 29th, 2021, 5:47 pm Hi guys,

I'm not a mormon, but I think you are a very interesting group of people. I'm particularly interested in the white horse prophecy which I heard about from Glenn Beck.

Adrian
Welcome hermano. I take that 'interesting' comment as a sincere compliment.... I'm glad you see us as different or peculiar.

adrianbye
Hi, I'm new.

Post by adrianbye »

I meant it sincerely. I think you guys have the potential to be very important.

BringZion
captain of 10

Post by BringZion »

Hi! I’d love to hear your perspective of what is going on and how we play into it. I was on telegram for awhile and there is so much talk on the last days and how it’s going to play out. I love the spirit of revival going on! I’m trying to mesh what’s going on now and what is revealed for the latter-days...I’m impressed you are willing to look at it from this angle as well...most people I bring it up to automatically stamp is as a “cult” and won’t look any deeper.

adrianbye
Hi, I'm new.

Post by adrianbye »

BringZion wrote: July 29th, 2021, 6:40 pm Hi! I’d love to hear your perspective of what is going on and how we play into it. I was on telegram for awhile and there is so much talk on the last days and how it’s going to play out. I love the spirit of revival going on! I’m trying to mesh what’s going on now and what is revealed for the latter-days...I’m impressed you are willing to look at it from this angle as well...most people I bring it up to automatically stamp is as a “cult” and won’t look any deeper.
I think Joseph Smith and the early prophets intentionally designed the Mormon church to be very slow in adjusting to the norms of society. One example is how prophets and revelation decide the direction of the church. Mormons have been the last in ceding ground to the left in pretty much every area.

This means the mormons are the only remaining spiritually grounded, right wing group in the USA (I don't think white nationalists or libertarians are well grounded, and conservatives aren't very right wing anymore).

Given we're tipping too far to the left right now, thanks to Joseph Smith and the pioneers (and all of you!), there is available a powerful force which can at the right time, act as a counterbalance and tip things back into the middle. A prime example of this "middle" is the US constitution, which the white horse prophecy is intended to save.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

adrianbye wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:17 pm
BringZion wrote: July 29th, 2021, 6:40 pm Hi! I’d love to hear your perspective of what is going on and how we play into it. I was on telegram for awhile and there is so much talk on the last days and how it’s going to play out. I love the spirit of revival going on! I’m trying to mesh what’s going on now and what is revealed for the latter-days...I’m impressed you are willing to look at it from this angle as well...most people I bring it up to automatically stamp is as a “cult” and won’t look any deeper.
I think Joseph Smith and the early prophets intentionally designed the Mormon church to be very slow in adjusting to the norms of society. One example is how prophets and revelation decide the direction of the church. Mormons have been the last in ceding ground to the left in pretty much every area.

This means the mormons are the only remaining spiritually grounded, right wing group in the USA (I don't think white nationalists or libertarians are well grounded, and conservatives aren't very right wing anymore).

Given we're tipping too far to the left right now, thanks to Joseph Smith and the pioneers (and all of you!), there is available a powerful force which can at the right time, act as a counterbalance and tip things back into the middle. A prime example of this "middle" is the US constitution, which the white horse prophecy is intended to save.
I wish this were true but the conservative values of our fore fathers are quickly eroding....many members are not conservative.....there is a serious political schism in the church now......there are definitely those of us who are right leaning, but the younger generations seem to be embracing many things the older generation would never even thought about....you seem very optimistic I hope you aren't disappointed when you see the members aren't as salt of the earth as you now believe they are...i live in a deep blue state and I see many members who fit right in....unfortunately....

adrianbye
Hi, I'm new.

Post by adrianbye »

farmerchick wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:32 pm I wish this were true but the conservative values of our fore fathers are quickly eroding....many members are not conservative.....there is a serious political schism in the church now......there are definitely those of us who are right leaning, but the younger generations seem to be embracing many things the older generation would never even thought about....you seem very optimistic I hope you aren't disappointed when you see the members aren't as salt of the earth as you now believe they are...i live in a deep blue state and I see many members who fit right in....unfortunately....
This political schism in the church just highlights the importance of your community. In particular the exmormon community are active and they are ANGRY. This is because the church still has tremendous power (which is constantly diminishing).

Nothing like the exmormon community exists for other branches of christianity because nobody cares. Most other branches of christianity have become entirely secular.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

adrianbye wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:38 pm
farmerchick wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:32 pm I wish this were true but the conservative values of our fore fathers are quickly eroding....many members are not conservative.....there is a serious political schism in the church now......there are definitely those of us who are right leaning, but the younger generations seem to be embracing many things the older generation would never even thought about....you seem very optimistic I hope you aren't disappointed when you see the members aren't as salt of the earth as you now believe they are...i live in a deep blue state and I see many members who fit right in....unfortunately....
This political schism in the church just highlights the importance of your community. In particular the exmormon community are active and they are ANGRY. This is because the church still has tremendous power (which is constantly diminishing).

Nothing like the exmormon community exists for other branches of christianity because nobody cares. Most other branches of christianity have become entirely secular.
Hmmmm..never looked at it that way....perhaps you are on to something....

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

adrianbye wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:17 pm

I've always believed we would work with the Amish and other disciples of Christ. We have ordinances for spiritual salvation, but they are disciples of Christ with knowledge for temporal salvation.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

adrianbye wrote: July 29th, 2021, 5:47 pmI'm particularly interested in the white horse prophecy which I heard about from Glenn Beck.
You might find this article to be of interest:
The Constitution Hanging by a Thread and the “White Horse Prophecy”

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

adrianbye wrote: July 29th, 2021, 5:47 pm Hi guys,

Adrian
Welcome to the forum and greetings from England.
I have studied the White Horse Prophecy at length over many years and can confirm that despite it's detractors within the church, it is true. We are living in a time when we will see it fulfilled before our very eyes.

nephidentity
captain of 50

Post by nephidentity »

adrianbye wrote: July 29th, 2021, 5:47 pm Hi guys
Welcome, Adrian. I remember you from old days on Twitter. I always wondered what you meant by calling yourself a "Peaceful Edomite."

adrianbye
Hi, I'm new.

Post by adrianbye »

Thanks for the very interesting and informative responses everyone! As I tend to find, I just like talking with mormons. I'm glad to see here is no exception.
Welcome, Adrian. I remember you from old days on Twitter. I always wondered what you meant by calling yourself a "Peaceful Edomite."
haha.. Good memory.. I have spent several years on twitter debating Jews on very difficult topics.. Jews distinguish between amalekites (deadly enemy) and edomites (critical of them but wanting them to be ok). So I'm signaling to them where I'm coming from.

Here's a Israeli movie about this struggle between Esau and Jacob that illustrates this concept from a Jewish perspective.

https://www.amazon.com/Esau-Harvey-Keit ... 180&sr=8-2

nephidentity
captain of 50

Post by nephidentity »

Oh, ha, that's very different from what I thought it meant.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Occasionally preacher type dudes will recognize the truth of the BOM, and lately the DS likely has begun to tell bits of truth about its true origin.

Baysimove
captain of 100

Post by Baysimove »

Hi Adrian! Welcome to the forum. This is such a great place to gain knowledge and understanding of the people and the world we live in. Enjoy!

gigarath24
captain of 100

Post by gigarath24 »

adrianbye wrote: July 29th, 2021, 5:47 pm
I'm not a mormon

Adrian
For now...

adrianbye
Hi, I'm new.

Post by adrianbye »

gigarath24 wrote: August 5th, 2021, 12:02 am
I'm not a mormon

Adrian
For now...
haha.. I certainly consider that a compliment, but I am not religious.

emil_cooper_73
captain of 10

Post by emil_cooper_73 »

Welcome to the forum, Adrian.

Glensfree
captain of 10

Post by Glensfree »

Greetings! Welcome to the community.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Sort of off topic, but you mentioned how the knee jerk reaction of many is to label us a cult... I’ve taken to simply smiling and asking, “Sorry you don’t like my cuuuult. Which cuuuult-ure are you a part of?” They usually get the point.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

adrianbye wrote: August 9th, 2021, 3:25 pm
gigarath24 wrote: August 5th, 2021, 12:02 am
I'm not a mormon

Adrian
For now...
haha.. I certainly consider that a compliment, but I am not religious.
Dpub Image Given time, you will be.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

adrianbye wrote: August 9th, 2021, 3:25 pmhaha.. I certainly consider that a compliment, but I am not religious.
I grew up Mormon and still believe in God but have let go of a lot of dogma. But I agree that many Mormons are good - kinda innocent relatively - generally. But as seemingly suggested it’s been because of strict adherence to leaders who shield members from “anti-Mormon” stuff etc. Still, I am grateful for the upbringing of high standards that kept me out of trouble - at least more than otherwise.

Do you believe in God?
You seem interested in religions - do you see it as psychological projections?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

farmerchick wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:41 pm
adrianbye wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:38 pm

Hmmmm..never looked at it that way....perhaps you are on to something....
Not so sure about that. There is a very loud and vocal ex-Catholic "community" and has been for a while. I understand their anger about the child abuse issue, which has been really badly dealt with the organisation... however, there are a lot of them, you can see the influence of these people in Hollywood and numerous novels. One of their great successes has been in secularising most of Ireland in a generation or two.

With Protestantism, the split is between state/mainstream churches & the smaller more fundamentalist ones. Our state Church of Scotland is useless at hanging onto the young, it will die out in a generation or two. There are good people in it, but also a lot of wooly thinkers and people who just use it as a political front.

The exmo people... I don't know what to make of them. Contrary to what they say, and some church members think, in my experience most people just leave the LDS and leave alone. The stats themselves back this up... we know most baptised members become inactive and their numbers will be in the millions, way higher than a few angry people on some board somewhere. I also notice divisions in the "active" exmo community - some push atheism although others aren't interested, and from what I saw on their forums last time I looked there is a definite right-left split. The "right wingers" take in most of the spectrum, probably over to left of centre in normal terms, while the left wing element is ultra-left, not always consciously Communist but certainly Cultural Marxist.

One thing the bulk of exmos, LDS leadership, Catholic leadership and ex-RCs, and mainline Protestants all share in common is supporting this mass vaccination programme!

adrianbye
Hi, I'm new.

Post by adrianbye »

Thinker wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 9:01 pm
adrianbye wrote: August 9th, 2021, 3:25 pmhaha.. I certainly consider that a compliment, but I am not religious.
I grew up Mormon and still believe in God but have let go of a lot of dogma. But I agree that many Mormons are good - kinda innocent relatively - generally. But as seemingly suggested it’s been because of strict adherence to leaders who shield members from “anti-Mormon” stuff etc. Still, I am grateful for the upbringing of high standards that kept me out of trouble - at least more than otherwise.

Do you believe in God?
You seem interested in religions - do you see it as psychological projections?
I don't believe in monotheism. I believe in pantheism, meaning, "we, the people" are god. I like that there is "In God We Trust" on US currency. I think a lot of the problems in society today are because we're dehumanizing people, and IMHO part of the problem is because we don't have the grounding to think of other people as inherently special and important. Monotheism says god is in heaven. Pantheism says you are god (and so is everyone else).

I certainly don't think of religions as psychological projections, I think the people still following them deserve a lot of respect, because without them society would fall apart entirely. I just think of them as an older version of reality that is due for an update.
Last edited by adrianbye on September 4th, 2021, 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.