Ancestry sold to Blackstone (ties to Blackrock)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Ancestry sold to Blackstone (ties to Blackrock)

Post by Thinker »

Church-owned-FamilySearch gave Ancestry many of our genealogical &/or DNA data. Ancestry was then sold to China-affiliated Blackstone. Blackstone’s origins are the same as Blackrock.

“…The business that would become BlackRock started under the umbrella of Schwarzman’s firm in 1988. “They used to be called Blackstone Financial,” Schwarzman said. “We started in business together...”
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/22/blackst ... rpose.html

Who Runs The World? Blackrock and Vanguard

”… The visible top of this pyramid shows only two companies whose names we have often seen…They are Vanguard and BlackRock. The power of these two companies is beyond your imagination. Not only do they own a large part of the stocks of nearly all big companies but also the stocks of the investors in those companies. This gives them a complete monopoly.

A Bloomberg report states that both these companies in the year 2028, together will have investments in the amount of 20 trillion dollars. That means that they will own almost everything.

Bloomberg calls BlackRock “The fourth branch of government”, because it’s the only private agency that closely works with the central banks. BlackRock lends money to the central bank but it’s also the advisor. It also develops the software the central bank uses. Many BlackRock employees were in the White House with Bush and Obama…”
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2021/04/bil ... -vanguard/

August 2020:
“Ancestry’s treasure trove of people’s DNA all across the world has just been sold for nearly $5 billion.

Blackstone, a private equity firm, acquired the global genealogy company for a ‘total enterprise value of $4.7 billion’, thereby moving Ancestry’s assets from several other firms.”
https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/ancestrys ... 5-billion/

”How does Blackstone aim to monetize Ancestry’s massive database, which includes users’ most sensitive genomic data and family histories?
Those lingering worries were ignited in the final days of 2020 by revelations buried in U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, and unearthed by Bloomberg, that showed Blackstone will begin to “package and sell data” from the companies it acquires as a fresh revenue stream…

DNA data, by its very nature, cannot be anonymized. It is always going to maintain some semblance of identifiability…

“If Ancestry.com had put out a survey or a questionnaire to all their users that said, ‘Hey, we’re going to sell it to Blackstone and by the way, Blackstone is going to use it to figure out how to optimize mortgage loans, because certain types of people with certain DNA data don’t pay their mortgage on time. Are you guys OK with us selling this data to Blackstone?’”
https://neo.life/2021/01/is-your-dna-da ... nes-hands/

Fingerprint symbolism on this year’s youth manual is interesting isn’t it?

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Re: Ancestry sold to Blackstone (ties to Blackrock)

Post by 4Joshua8 »

I deleted my dna results from their database. I wonder if they honored that.

My initial results were interesting and confirmed an assumption I had of Israel ancestry. It tied both to the Middle East and to a region in Europe it specifically called “Eastern European Jew,” in addition to my other areas. Then, both of those results vanished in updates a couple years ago, with them saying it’s now more reliable data. I was left feeling robbed of my ancestry, and I suspected some group got offended that ”gentiles” were seeing their hidden Jewish connection and asking about making Aliyah, which they can’t, or something like that.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

4Joshua8 wrote: July 26th, 2021, 10:38 am I deleted my dna results from their database. I wonder if they honored that.

My initial results were interesting and confirmed an assumption I had of Israel ancestry. It tied both to the Middle East and to a region in Europe it specifically called “Eastern European Jew,” in addition to my other areas. Then, both of those results vanished in updates a couple years ago, with them saying it’s now more reliable data. I was left feeling robbed of my ancestry, and I suspected some group got offended that ”gentiles” were seeing their hidden Jewish connection and asking about making Aliyah, which they can’t, or something like that.
Interesting.
A friend didn’t believe the results of his DNA test, so resubmitted it, but then received different results. Similarly, my spouse knows his gggrandma immigrated from Israel as Jewish but no such lineage was deciphered on DNA results. Maybe spit was a bit overvalued. 😁

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

Thinker wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:00 pm
4Joshua8 wrote: July 26th, 2021, 10:38 am I deleted my dna results from their database. I wonder if they honored that.

Interesting.
A friend didn’t believe the results of his DNA test, so resubmitted it, but then received different results. Similarly, my spouse knows his gggrandma immigrated from Israel as Jewish but no such lineage was deciphered on DNA results. Maybe spit was a bit overvalued. 😁
I watched a dna test review online the other day, and the guy did like 4 or 5 different tests. He said there is one specifically best for Jews....I think it was MyHeritage ($80).

This is the video:

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

China owns a lot of US companies. Here are 76 of them.

https://usagag.com/2020/11/22/list-of-u ... t-gm-uber/

#40, Strategic Hotels and Resorts, was sold by Blackstone (who bought Ancestry/our family history info., etc) to a China-based company. https://www.wsj.com/articles/blackstone ... 1441718588

”…Bill Gates has purchased 1.74 million shares of Strategic Hotels & Resorts Inc.’s common stock at a total price of $21.45 million – totaling 9.8% of the company's shares. Gates is the sole owner of the investment firm.

In September 2015, Strategic Hotels & Resorts sold itself to The Blackstone Group for $6 billion.

In March 2016, only 3 months after the Blackstone transaction closed, Anbang Insurance Group (Chinese holding Co.) purchased Strategic for a price that was announced as $6.5 billion. The deal ended up being for $5.5 billion, however, after Blackstone was forbidden by the US Government to sell the Hotel del Coronado to overseas buyers with the other Strategic properties, due to its location adjacent to Naval Base Coronado.

In November 2018 it was reported that, under pressure from the Chinese government to offload overseas assets, Anbang had hired Bank of America to solicit buyers for Strategic Hotels & Resorts...”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strateg ... 26_Resorts

Prana
captain of 100

Post by Prana »

So many of us trusted LDS Inc. like fools. They lie. They gaslight. They give away personal information collected under the guise of sacred work. They rub in in our face with pedo symbolism on youth manuals.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

well that point about the hotel located near a base supports my theory for having an unnecessary motel in every city and town. They are to house the military that are trained to attack americans. They will be able to lockdown cities and block any traffick into and outo the city or town. hmmmmm

China is worried so much about native americans that they are stationing their military even as we speak on reservations. There is a Venezueklian army being stationed in the USA, too.

During lockdowns the governor and mayor of NY state and city stationed military in their hotels claiming that the men were homeless. Perhaps that is military on the streets of San Fran and LA

prana-you are right. Our leaders have put many members in compromised positions and actually themselves in those positions, too.

I went to an Ogden family history center and can't remember why but the worker that helped me wanted to put my picture on the website. I refused and got mad to get her to quit. I do not like the screens at the self check outs esp. walmart.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

any "leader" in our church should fear their personal information on these websites- COJCLDS has made it very, very, very easy(for military) to track down and identify anyone

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Prana wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:19 pm So many of us trusted LDS Inc. like fools. They lie. They gaslight. They give away personal information collected under the guise of sacred work. They rub in in our face with pedo symbolism on youth manuals.
Yeah, but cognitive dissonance will follow many to the grave, especially when they have so much invested in it. Some in my family depend on income from doing genealogy for the church, others have treated indexing and family history consulting as a job (without pay). Many have their hearts in the right place but - how they are missing the mark!!

Things like this make me wonder about having my and my kids’ records removed - but I don’t think my spouse would go for it.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

EvanLM wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:51 pm well that point about the hotel located near a base supports my theory for having an unnecessary motel in every city and town. They are to house the military that are trained to attack americans. They will be able to lockdown cities and block any traffick into and outo the city or town. hmmmmm

China is worried so much about native americans that they are stationing their military even as we speak on reservations. There is a Venezueklian army being stationed in the USA, too.

During lockdowns the governor and mayor of NY state and city stationed military in their hotels claiming that the men were homeless. Perhaps that is military on the streets of San Fran and LA

prana-you are right. Our leaders have put many members in compromised positions and actually themselves in those positions, too.

I went to an Ogden family history center and can't remember why but the worker that helped me wanted to put my picture on the website. I refused and got mad to get her to quit. I do not like the screens at the self check outs esp. walmart.
Seems plausible. Definitely makes me wonder about the future. China openly stated their goal is to replace the US… & Russia (who founded N.Korea & seemingly China too) said they’d take over US without firing a shot.

Good for you asserting yourself & declining your picture for the website - even if it is church-based. Since they have already sold our information to Blackstone, I am also maintaining boundaries. Store cameras (which are also at church Deseret Industries) are concerning.

A few other companies to reconsider:

McDonald's, Starbucks, Subway Part Of China's Central Digital Currency Pilot
https://www.benzinga.com/markets/crypto ... lot-report

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Thinker wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:00 pm

Interesting.
Information is worth Billions. Here is a video that talks about a company that pays $25 a month just for installing their app on your phone. It only uses your GPS. http://25amonth.net

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Prana wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:19 pm So many of us trusted LDS Inc. like fools. They lie. They gaslight. They give away personal information collected under the guise of sacred work. They rub in in our face with pedo symbolism on youth manuals.
Sometimes it’s obvious what a scam it is, but I understand not wanting to even think of evil, as if by not thinking or acknowledging it will make it not exist.

A lot of people are waking up - thankfully. Of course there’s a lot of good in the church, but the bad is becoming increasingly dangerous and harmful - & it’s so mixed in with the good that it’s difficult to discern.

Blackstone Completes Acquisition of Ancestry®, Leading Online Family History Business, for $4.7 Billion https://www.blackstone.com/news/press/b ... 7-billion/

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Thinker wrote: July 26th, 2021, 9:51 am Church-owned-FamilySearch gave Ancestry many of our genealogical &/or DNA data. Ancestry was then sold to China-affiliated Blackstone. Blackstone’s origins are the same as Blackrock.

“…The business that would become BlackRock started under the umbrella of Schwarzman’s firm in 1988. “They used to be called Blackstone Financial,” Schwarzman said. “We started in business together...”
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/22/blackst ... rpose.html

Who Runs The World? Blackrock and Vanguard

”… The visible top of this pyramid shows only two companies whose names we have often seen…They are Vanguard and BlackRock. The power of these two companies is beyond your imagination. Not only do they own a large part of the stocks of nearly all big companies but also the stocks of the investors in those companies. This gives them a complete monopoly.

A Bloomberg report states that both these companies in the year 2028, together will have investments in the amount of 20 trillion dollars. That means that they will own almost everything.

Bloomberg calls BlackRock “The fourth branch of government”, because it’s the only private agency that closely works with the central banks. BlackRock lends money to the central bank but it’s also the advisor. It also develops the software the central bank uses. Many BlackRock employees were in the White House with Bush and Obama…”
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2021/04/bil ... -vanguard/

August 2020:
“Ancestry’s treasure trove of people’s DNA all across the world has just been sold for nearly $5 billion.

Blackstone, a private equity firm, acquired the global genealogy company for a ‘total enterprise value of $4.7 billion’, thereby moving Ancestry’s assets from several other firms.”
https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/ancestrys ... 5-billion/

”How does Blackstone aim to monetize Ancestry’s massive database, which includes users’ most sensitive genomic data and family histories?
Those lingering worries were ignited in the final days of 2020 by revelations buried in U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, and unearthed by Bloomberg, that showed Blackstone will begin to “package and sell data” from the companies it acquires as a fresh revenue stream…

DNA data, by its very nature, cannot be anonymized. It is always going to maintain some semblance of identifiability…

“If Ancestry.com had put out a survey or a questionnaire to all their users that said, ‘Hey, we’re going to sell it to Blackstone and by the way, Blackstone is going to use it to figure out how to optimize mortgage loans, because certain types of people with certain DNA data don’t pay their mortgage on time. Are you guys OK with us selling this data to Blackstone?’”
https://neo.life/2021/01/is-your-dna-da ... nes-hands/

Fingerprint symbolism on this year’s youth manual is interesting isn’t it?

Do you have any references to support that FamilySeach gave genealogical data or DNA to Ancestry? I was under the impression that FamilySearch doesn't even offer DNA testing.

But agree that Ancestry being purchased by Blackstone is alarming considering the type of data they have, along with associations with Blackrock.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet - the Communist Chinese connection -

https://www.theepochtimes.com/is-beijin ... =ZeroHedge

Is Beijing Weaponizing Your DNA?
Why is a US DNA-processing firm sharing Americans’ DNA with China? The answer is staggering.

December 6, 2021 Updated: December 20, 2021

If you’ve had a COVID-19 test, there’s a good possibility that the folks in the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) have your DNA.

If so, they probably know more about your health and DNA vulnerabilities than you do. The implications of that are disturbing, to say the least.

The company contracted to conduct the COVID-19 tests is Fulgent Genetics, a nationwide DNA sequencing and disease testing firm. According to the firm’s website, its stated mission is “developing flexible and affordable genetic testing that improves the everyday lives of those around us.”

Apparently, we are to believe that Fulgent Genetics is here to improve all of our lives.

Deep Ties to China

On Nov. 29, the Office of the Sheriff of Los Angeles County posted a letter to the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors. That letter stated that the Sheriff’s Department wouldn’t be participating in the COVID-19 testing with Fulgent Genetics.

The letter explained that the FBI Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate had warned Sheriff Alex Villanueva’s office of the risk that DNA samples from the COVID-19 tests that Fulgent Genetics was to provide would “likely be shared with the Republic of China.”

Villanueva also said at a press briefing that “Fulgent had strong ties with BGI, WuXP, and Huawei Technology, all of which are linked to the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, the People’s Republic of China State Council, and are under the control of the PRC.”

Questions Abound

Several questions come to mind. Who or what is the Fulgent Genetics corporation?

Why would a U.S. company wish to provide American DNA samples?

Why on Earth would China even want DNA samples from Americans?

For what purpose?

How many American DNA samples do they have already?

And most importantly, what does our DNA have to do with the FBI’s concern with weapons of mass destruction (WMD) from China?

The answers to these and other questions on the stuff of dystopian worst-case scenarios are discussed below. But first, some background on Fulgent Genetics.

Who Is Fulgent Genetics?

The firm was founded in 2011 by Ming Hsieh, chairman of the board of directors, president, and chief executive officer, and James Xie, chief operating officer. Hsieh has served as a trustee at Fudan University in China since 2011. Xie received his bachelor’s degree in engineering from Chongqing University in China in 1987. Perhaps not surprisingly, both men have deep ties to China.

And apparently, Fulgent has been sharing Americans’ DNA from coast to coast with China. As noted in Villanueva’s statement, it’s not the only PLA proxy company engaged in harvesting Americans’ genetic material. There are others as well, and millions upon millions of people’s DNA from America and many other places in the world have been sent to China.

This is where things get very dark in the weapons of mass destruction department. China wants to create a biowarfare WMD that targets your DNA.

A New, Dark Era of Biowarfare Is Here

Biowarfare isn’t a new thing; it has been used throughout history. In the 4th century B.C., Scythian archers infected their arrows by dipping them in decomposed bodies. In the 14th century, the Tartars catapulted plague-infected dead bodies into the lines of their enemies at the siege of Kaffa. And in World War II, the Imperial Japanese Army bombed Chinese cities with plague-laden fleas.

But these “old school” forms of biowarfare are child’s play compared to the latest DNA-based bioweapons technology that leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and genomics. We are entering a new and very risky era.

Biowarfare and DNA Manipulation

Just as AI and genomics enable DNA manipulation to help the human body fight all kinds of diseases, the same technology also can be used to create unique pathogens that only impact specific people. DNA-specific weapons can target a race, a gender, or even a family or individual with a specific DNA structure.

This isn’t just a possibility—it’s a probability, if not already a reality. What’s more, at least in theory, there’s no blowback to DNA-specific bioweapons because they harm only people with specified DNA characteristics. China’s access to Americans’ DNA is unquestionably a national security concern.

US Versus China in ‘Death Race 2035’

Some estimates say that the winner(s) of the bioweapon arms race will be determined by the year 2035. It may well be much sooner. In the race to create highly effective, targetable, and lethal biological weapons, the United States and China are neck and neck. Both nations have invested big money in AI and genomics. Each wants to take the lead in creating these super DNA-based bioweapons.

Like all arms races, whichever nation develops the ability to launch a biological attack without fear of blowback will be in the power position. Not a happy picture, but it’s reality.

But just being able to launch a deadly, highly targeted or even WMD bio attack isn’t enough. The survival of a nation also depends on its ability to defend against one. Like nuclear retaliation strategy (second-strike capability) is meant to deter a first strike, a nation’s biowarfare retaliation ability may be a critical factor in deterring such attacks.

Unfortunately, AI and genomics make creating potentially thousands of genetically modified lethal pathogens easy. On the flip side, immunizing whole populations, or even a small number of people, against thousands of newly created pathogens is impossible; at least at this moment.

Biowarfare Technology Goes Viral

Predictably, the rapid spread of information itself is a problem. The internet has made it impossible to contain most secrets. If a technology exists, it will be made available, for the right price, to the bad guys. Or, in the case of the PLA and Chinese scientific community, it will be developed and—if current experience with the CCP virus is an indicator—deployed in full.

This reality does not bode well for limiting the access and use of a new and dangerous bioweapons by China, or any other adversaries of the United States. If Fulgent and others are helping China develop DNA-targeted pathogens against Americans, there are no easy answers to such a threat, nor are there any good ones. But seizing all materials, data, and assets, and prosecuting such firms would be a start.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I thought years ago that these ancestral DNA tests had back end profits like this. If only to health insurance etc.

I've asked similar questions about Zoom and Skype. The usual answer is that there is a premium version, but it is obvious that both of these are collecting personal data - facial recognition, keyword extraction, personal contacts and interests.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

there is no such thing as DNA. . .a story made up by scientists that failed in trying to go beyond chromosome research. . . .a lie . . . no such thing . . . all made up . . just like evolution . . .put in our textbooks . . used in our medical field and for crime, supposedly . . .the test that are tied to it are as false as the tests being used to detect covid. . . how much more obvious does God need to make it . . . he is showing us the real world we have been living in. . .

even virus is fake . . .it cannot be seen in the body, even with the best microscopes . . it cannot be removed from the body and studied because it dies outside the host. . . but, as scientists say, we know it is there. . . canot be seen . . . .awake to a sense . . . made up stories

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

the new lie past evolution will be AI. . . which is already being presented as some advanced science . . .bs . . .computers are electric. . . only electric current . . . .no power there . . . 5 virgins had not been deceived

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

I remember reading a while back that an employee of one of these companies came out and said that they sometimes add <= 1% African ancestry to results that did not add up to a neat 100% as a way to promote diversity and tolerance.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

My experience has been eerily similar.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: February 7th, 2022, 1:06 pmDo you have any references to support that FamilySeach gave genealogical data or DNA to Ancestry? I was under the impression that FamilySearch doesn't even offer DNA testing.

But agree that Ancestry being purchased by Blackstone is alarming considering the type of data they have, along with associations with Blackrock.
It is - or ought to be - alarming, but it seems many members don’t know &/or are apathetic.

Yes, Family Search is through the church & Mormon members have been given “free” access to Ancestry to give their personal data…

“Free memberships to Ancestry® are available to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Over 99% of the 33,000 collections on Ancestry are available with the Church of Jesus Christ-Ancestry Membership”
https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/ ... uage=en_US

And yes, Family Search does DNA testing… https://www.familysearch.org/dna-testing

But even if they didn’t, they’re tied to Ancestry (now Blackstone) which does.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

EmmaLee wrote: February 7th, 2022, 1:23 pmBiowarfare and DNA Manipulation

Just as AI and genomics enable DNA manipulation to help the human body fight all kinds of diseases, the same technology also can be used to create unique pathogens that only impact specific people. DNA-specific weapons can target a race, a gender, or even a family or individual with a specific DNA structure.

This isn’t just a possibility—it’s a probability, if not already a reality. What’s more, at least in theory, there’s no blowback to DNA-specific bioweapons because they harm only people with specified DNA characteristics. China’s access to Americans’ DNA is unquestionably a national security concern.

US Versus China in ‘Death Race 2035’

Some estimates say that the winner(s) of the bioweapon arms race will be determined by the year 2035. It may well be much sooner. In the race to create highly effective, targetable, and lethal biological weapons, the United States and China are neck and neck. Both nations have invested big money in AI and genomics. Each wants to take the lead in creating these super DNA-based bioweapons….

This reality does not bode well for limiting the access and use of a new and dangerous bioweapons by China, or any other adversaries of the United States. If Fulgent and others are helping China develop DNA-targeted pathogens against Americans, there are no easy answers to such a threat, nor are there any good ones. But seizing all materials, data, and assets, and prosecuting such firms would be a start.
Interesting & concerning.

Makes me wonder how this “practice pandemic” is influencing future bio warfare.

There are lists of countries’ deaths blamed on covid - but those with high #’s may simply be more willing and quick to blame it on covid, than other countries - since it’s known in studies (Italy, NYC) that most (up to 99%) really died of preexisting problems. And I know this to be the case for extended family. It’s also difficult to know the exact -#’s of deaths due to the covid-Vex - since, it’s often delayed & attacks where people are weakest (preexisting issues etc).

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

Which is why I never did a DNA test with them (or anyone). Eventually it ends up in the hands of some unscrupulous organization, in this, case the CCP. We need privacy for this kind of things added to the Bill of Rights.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Can confirm that Ancestry has used LDS gathered material giving free access in FHCs.

This is the same model used by Wikipedia, IMDB and Duolingo etc, to use unpaid labour for a profitable use.

The good news is that LDS amateur genealogists have botched so many family trees that hopefully the info is unusuable in many cases. Plus there is no guarantee in some lines that the male ancestor is who you think it is.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Niemand wrote: February 9th, 2022, 2:07 pm… The good news is that LDS amateur genealogists have botched so many family trees that hopefully the info is unusuable in many cases. Plus there is no guarantee in some lines that the male ancestor is who you think it is.
True! And spelling changes to names over the centuries - may cause mistaken identities.

“What’s in a name” anyway? :)

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

“ With genetic engineering, we will be able to increase the complexity of our DNA, and improve the human race. But it will be a slow process, because one will have to wait about 18 years to see the effect of changes to the genetic code.” - Stephen Hawking