I am fuming……

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
cappaccio
captain of 100

I am fuming……

Post by cappaccio »

So we had our ward YM Encampment this past week. 4 pretty darn awesome days spent with some wonderful members of the ward and the youth.

While away my wife found out one of the boys parents felt ill and got tested….yup positive. She told me and I said, I’m not saying a word about it to anyone. The next day one of the wives of one of the leaders got tested….yup positive.

so we get back yesterday and the other parent is now tested positive and today the leader who’s wife is sick got tested….yup positive.

UGH!!! So I just got a call from my Bishop (I’m second counselor) he asks if I heard the news about the COVID results in the ward and I say yes. He then asks me “are you vaccinated?” What I wish I had said was “You have no legal right to ask me that and I won’t answer, and I hope you don’t ask anyone else that”, what I really said was “No”…..He then says he will be sending out an email to all those who participated in the YM camp to let them know about the leader who is now tested positive and to make sure they are taking care of themselves and blah blah blah and that if any of them are going to attend sunday that they should wear a mask…. :o :o :o

Then he says that any boy who did attend will not be allowed to pass the sacrament for two weeks unless they have been vaccinated…… :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o - I said “That will be very few boys”. He said he already has the EQ ready to roll if that is the case.

He then asks me (not really asking) if I would wear a mask on Sunday……of course I said I would cause I’m a good little boy who follows the rules even though they make no sense what so ever…..

I’m getting close to my breaking point……some would call it a crisis of faith…..I have 1000% faith in God and our Savior Jesus Christ…..I have 0.0000000000000000001% faith in men and our church leaders at this point.

What the freak am i supposed to do?

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Re: I am fuming……

Post by franklinbluth »

Be courteous and do what you can to make sure you don't infect others?

Eta: Also, anyone can ask you about whether you're vaxed. HIPAA only applies to your doctor. You boss, your bishop, your neighbor, some door greeter at Walmart, all can ask about any medical condition and can tell anyone and everyone.
Last edited by franklinbluth on July 23rd, 2021, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

In other words, everyone caught a cold. Stay home on Sunday and eat some chicken soup. It's the Christian thing to do 8-) Wearing a mask is not. And remember, this too shall pass.

Sir H

cappaccio
captain of 100

Post by cappaccio »

franklinbluth wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:24 pm Be courteous and do what you can to make sure you don't infect others?
Infect others with what?

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Post by franklinbluth »

cappaccio wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:29 pm
franklinbluth wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:24 pm Be courteous and do what you can to make sure you don't infect others?
Infect others with what?
Covid

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Stay home, have family Sacrament meeting, and come back to Church in a couple of weeks. There shouldn't be an issue with that.

alurker
captain of 100

Post by alurker »

Infect others with what?
Asymptomatic transmission is not a thing. If you aren't sick, then I'd go ahead and go. If you are sick (feel funny in any way) stay home.

alurker
captain of 100

Post by alurker »

Eta: Also, anyone can ask you about whether you're vaxed. HIPAA only applies to your doctor. You boss, your bishop, your neighbor, some door greeter at Walmart, all can ask about any medical condition and can tell anyone and everyone.
My response, did you have sex with your wife last night?

Ask a stupid intrusive personal question like "are you vacc'd" and I'm going to ask a stupid intrusive personal question right back.

That will shut people up.

alurker
captain of 100

Post by alurker »

franklinbluth wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:30 pm
Infect others with what?
Covid
That thing that everyone must RUN FOR THE HILLLSSSSS!!!!!

All for a max CFR of 2%. Do you drive >40 mph on the freeway?

alurker
captain of 100

Post by alurker »

cappaccio wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:22 pm He then asks me (not really asking) if I would wear a mask on Sunday……of course I said I would cause I’m a good little boy who follows the rules even though they make no sense what so ever…..

I’m getting close to my breaking point……some would call it a crisis of faith…..I have 1000% faith in God and our Savior Jesus Christ…..I have 0.0000000000000000001% faith in men and our church leaders at this point.

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. The learned lesson from this is just to plan out beforehand what your response is going to be.

i.e. even though you didn't tell anyone as soon as you heard about some other leaders getting tested, have a strategy for what you will say and how you will say it when you will be asked about it.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Sometimes we need to let roll out what’s going to roll out and not worry so much.

Not attending and not passing sacrament for a couple weeks is easy stuff to not even bat an eye at.

Your in a system bigger than you and your bishop is a very small leader in a system much bigger than him and the 15 operate in a system bigger than them too. We really should be learning from all this and getting closer as a church body, not finding division and hard feelings.

Keep your head, things will just get more upside down and difficult as time progresses. Save your energy for something more important than a mask or avoiding passing sacrament. Pick your battles, energy is a short supply commodity when times are tough.

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Post by franklinbluth »

alurker wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:41 pm
Infect others with what?
Asymptomatic transmission is not a thing. If you aren't sick, then I'd go ahead and go. If you are sick (feel funny in any way) stay home.
Of course it is. I got it from an asymptomatic person (several of us got it from someone who became symptomatic the day after we met).

Also: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamane ... le/2774707

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Post by franklinbluth »

alurker wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:44 pm
franklinbluth wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:30 pm
Infect others with what?
Covid
That thing that everyone must RUN FOR THE HILLLSSSSS!!!!!

All for a max CFR of 2%. Do you drive >40 mph on the freeway?
It's more complex than that, but let's go with 2%. If you expose the 200 people in your ward, that would mean 4 could die because you didn't feel like staying home.

Is it being overly cautious to worry about killing 4 people in your ward?

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

People can ask you any number of intimate questions, but that doesn't mean you have to answer them, and it certainly doesn't give them the right to discriminate against you based on how you answer. I know its hard to believe but people still have rights such as the right to privacy.

cappaccio
captain of 100

Post by cappaccio »

MMbelieve wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:49 pm Sometimes we need to let roll out what’s going to roll out and not worry so much.

Not attending and not passing sacrament for a couple weeks is easy stuff to not even bat an eye at.

Your in a system bigger than you and your bishop is a very small leader in a system much bigger than him and the 15 operate in a system bigger than them too. We really should be learning from all this and getting closer as a church body, not finding division and hard feelings.

Keep your head, things will just get more upside down and difficult as time progresses. Save your energy for something more important than a mask or avoiding passing sacrament. Pick your battles, energy is a short supply commodity when times are tough.
I appreciate this because it is good advice. I had to vent a bit and that is why I posted. Of course wearing a mask for a couple weeks isn’t that big of deal. My Bishop asking me if I’ve been vaxxed isn’t that big of deal. Mostly I think this is preparing me for a bigger fight. Just got to keep my wits about me. I wear my emotions on my sleeves…..so its hard for me not to react quickly.

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Post by franklinbluth »

OPMissionary wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:56 pm

People can ask you any number of intimate questions, but that doesn't mean you have to answer them, and it certainly doesn't give them the right to discriminate against you based on how you answer. I know its hard to believe but people still have rights such as the right to privacy.
Why can't people do what they want? People don't have to tell me anything, but I can discriminate against people for almost any reason. Why shouldn't people be able to make whatever decision they want based on whatever they want? The few exceptions are only for like a dozen impermissible reasons, and even that's far too many.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Someone else here posted this video, but you can watch the last few minutes, starting at 1:07:00 to get the distilled version:

https://www.facebook.com/antonio.pinhei ... 0067680183

The problem is:

1) The fraud was planned.
2) The truth is obscured by layers of patents and arcane definitions.
3) We're made to be scared.
4) Our leaders validated it all, causing us to not do our own analysis.

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

franklinbluth wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:59 pm

Why can't people do what they want? People don't have to tell me anything, but I can discriminate against people for almost any reason. Why shouldn't people be able to make whatever decision they want based on whatever they want? The few exceptions are only for like a dozen impermissible reasons, and even that's far too many.
Yes, why can't people do what they want? Why for example can't they choose what is put in their bodies without worrying about extreme and unwarranted repercussions? And why is it your business? If you're protected with your magic vaccine juice then why care about others' personal decisions?

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Post by franklinbluth »

OPMissionary wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 9:08 pm

Yes, why can't people do what they want? Why for example can't they choose what is put in their bodies without worrying about extreme and unwarranted repercussions? And why is it your business? If you're protected with your magic vaccine juice then why care about others' personal decisions?
I'm not in favor of government mandates, but if someone wants to say that only vaccinated people into business, why should the government interfere? I want the government stay out of both sides of this. People can do whatever they want and businesses, and whoever else, can do whatever they want too.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

cappaccio wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:57 pm
MMbelieve wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:49 pm Sometimes we need to let roll out what’s going to roll out and not worry so much.

I appreciate this because it is good advice. I had to vent a bit and that is why I posted. Of course wearing a mask for a couple weeks isn’t that big of deal. My Bishop asking me if I’ve been vaxxed isn’t that big of deal. Mostly I think this is preparing me for a bigger fight. Just got to keep my wits about me. I wear my emotions on my sleeves…..so its hard for me not to react quickly.
Completely understand. Don’t worry, your normal and your not alone!

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

franklinbluth wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 9:12 pm

I'm not in favor of government mandates, but if someone wants to say that only vaccinated people into business, why should the government interfere? I want the government stay out of both sides of this. People can do whatever they want and businesses, and whoever else, can do whatever they want too.
Oh, you're in favor of abusing human rights, just as long as it's a collusion of mega-corporations doing it. That makes total sense.

Libertarianism has met it's logical extreme.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

cappaccio wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:22 pm So we had our ward YM Encampment this past week. 4 pretty darn awesome days spent with some wonderful members of the ward and the youth.

While away my wife found out one of the boys parents felt ill and got tested….yup positive. She told me and I said, I’m not saying a word about it to anyone. The next day one of the wives of one of the leaders got tested….yup positive.

so we get back yesterday and the other parent is now tested positive and today the leader who’s wife is sick got tested….yup positive.

UGH!!! So I just got a call from my Bishop (I’m second counselor) he asks if I heard the news about the COVID results in the ward and I say yes. He then asks me “are you vaccinated?” What I wish I had said was “You have no legal right to ask me that and I won’t answer, and I hope you don’t ask anyone else that”, what I really said was “No”…..He then says he will be sending out an email to all those who participated in the YM camp to let them know about the leader who is now tested positive and to make sure they are taking care of themselves and blah blah blah and that if any of them are going to attend sunday that they should wear a mask…. :o :o :o

Then he says that any boy who did attend will not be allowed to pass the sacrament for two weeks unless they have been vaccinated…… :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o - I said “That will be very few boys”. He said he already has the EQ ready to roll if that is the case.

He then asks me (not really asking) if I would wear a mask on Sunday……of course I said I would cause I’m a good little boy who follows the rules even though they make no sense what so ever…..

You gave your word, so keep it, but from now on speak your mind.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

cappaccio wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:22 pm So we had our ward YM Encampment this past week. 4 pretty darn awesome days spent with some wonderful members of the ward and the youth.

God is causing the facade to crumble for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear. You're in for a wild ride, my friend.

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Post by franklinbluth »

OPMissionary wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 9:31 pm
franklinbluth wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 9:12 pm

Oh, you're in favor of abusing human rights, just as long as it's a collusion of mega-corporations doing it. That makes total sense.

Libertarianism has met it's logical extreme.
Property rights are human rights.

Eta: if you think that giving the government to control this kind of stuff is going to end with them banning vax discrimination, and not forcing people to endorse gay marriage and critical race theory, you're in for a terrible surprise.
Last edited by franklinbluth on July 23rd, 2021, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GüdFüdDude
captain of 100

Post by GüdFüdDude »

Cappacio
Thanks for sharing this story.
You, and we, got caught flatfooted, not having the right words ready.
The best way to prepare a best response begins with remembering the reason why we fight this covidstan tyranny.

Reread Scott morefield's June 2021 article NOT ONE INCH To Covidstan

https://townhall.com/columnists/scottmo ... n-n2590910

"And fight we must, continually, doggedly, and without compromise. Because Covidstan isn’t a place where dissension is allowed, where ideas are batted back and forth and the best are allowed to rise to the top. It’s a religious dictatorship run by quasi-cult-leaders in white jackets whose sole purpose is their own power, wealth, and fame.

Let alone ‘scientific,’ these aren’t even rational people. They are terrorists. And you don’t compromise with terrorists. You ‘destroy’ them, in this case figuratively, by first refusing to submit to their ridiculous edicts and demands, then relentlessly assaulting their credibility with facts and data ... As such, Covidstan must be nuked, utterly destroyed, its green places plowed with salt so that nothing, not even a single, solitary weed, grows there again for as long as time remains"

(Of course, there's a difference between applying this advice against perpetrators, versus the naive, simply fooled people we usually meet at church, so moderate as needed)

Then, you resolve to know more about the current pandemic scam than anyone else in the room. You add to your sum of knowledge drip by drip every day. Today, for example, I found an article by Roger Simon, from April 2021, that 80% of people who die of covid are fat. Good info to use for redpilling!

https://m.theepochtimes.com/the-truth-a ... 75652.html

I also like the book Pseudopandemic, reading it a second time. Also check thru coronavirus hoax thread. Also follow good telegram chats! I like Tommy Robinson News, Corona skeptics, Praying Medic, and Off-Guardian official, for starters.

We are in a big fight, now. Against tyranny. Maybe you'd rather read, think about, learn, speak, write, spend time on, something else. But the enemy forces us to this.

Now you are ready to respond to anything. It will be heartfelt and spontaneous. You should practice a few situations that you can foresee coming up.