Hello From wonderful Texas!

Tell us about yourself...
TexasGal
captain of 10

Hello From wonderful Texas!

Post by TexasGal »

I've been one of the lurkers on this forum for many years that you all mention once in awhile. I kept telling myself to make an account. Well.. today I did! Quite a few times I had a question I wanted to ask. But, still didn't take the time to do it. Over the years I've learned through reading post and pondering answers who is more in the line of my thinking and beliefs and who are the the ones I pass over their response. The spirit quickly tells me what is wrong or correct. I'll probably still be one of the quiet ones reading in the background. I look forward to being able though to ask questions when I have one and reading other people's opinions.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Hello From wonderful Texas!

Post by Cruiserdude »

TexasGal wrote: July 15th, 2021, 11:51 am I've been one of the lurkers on this forum for many years that you all mention once in awhile. I kept telling myself to make an account. Well.. today I did! Quite a few times I had a question I wanted to ask. But, still didn't take the time to do it. Over the years I've learned through reading post and pondering answers who is more in the line of my thinking and beliefs and who are the the ones I pass over their response. The spirit quickly tells me what is wrong or correct. I'll probably still be one of the quiet ones reading in the background. I look forward to being able though to ask questions when I have one and reading other people's opinions.
Open and honest discussion in these current times with what's going on and what we're facing is absolutely unequivocally a godsend. I definitely recommend taking advantage of true honest discussion while we still can, like you're fixin' to do 👍

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Welcome, from another Texan. I am northwest of the Dallas-Ft Worth area. If you’re comfortable saying, what part of TX do you live in?

Cruiserdude, I saw what you did there. Does this mean you’re fixin’ to talk like a Texan all the time now?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Welcome, 🕊

I’m curious who here has visited the OKC Memorial about half a states distance to your north?

Tall tales are always encouraged from those that live in such a cute little state. :lol:

Althea
captain of 100

Post by Althea »

Hello and Welcome! I am also a fellow Texan. I live south-east of the DFW area. 😊

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Lizzy60 wrote: July 15th, 2021, 1:50 pm Welcome, from another Texan. I am northwest of the Dallas-Ft Worth area. If you’re comfortable saying, what part of TX do you live in?

Cruiserdude, I saw what you did there. Does this mean you’re fixin’ to talk like a Texan all the time now?
I am part 'Wacovian'😁.. I just love how friendly, in general, the south is and the way they talk... And Texas too carries a lot of the same goodness, friendliness, etc.....My brother is in Waco and I visit them a bit 👍

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Cruiserdude wrote: July 15th, 2021, 5:41 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: July 15th, 2021, 1:50 pm Welcome, from another Texan. I am northwest of the Dallas-Ft Worth area. If you’re comfortable saying, what part of TX do you live in?

I am part 'Wacovian'😁.. I just love how friendly, in general, the south is and the way they talk... And Texas too carries a lot of the same goodness, friendliness, etc.....My brother is in Waco and I visit them a bit 👍
Waco is a pretty cool city. It’s going through a bit of a renascence right now with the cultural takeover of it by Chip and Joanna Gains. But their Magnolia stores are pretty cool. It makes it a pretty interesting place to be right now.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Lexew1899 wrote: July 15th, 2021, 5:53 pm
Cruiserdude wrote: July 15th, 2021, 5:41 pm

Waco is a pretty cool city. It’s going through a bit of a renascence right now with the cultural takeover of it by Chip and Joanna Gains. But their Magnolia stores are pretty cool. It makes it a pretty interesting place to be right now.
Oh sweet, you're down that way! Yeah he's been really wanting me to move down there and it's tempting... Though I'm thinking more and more I'll go to Kansas/Missouri area.... but I always talk a lot of talk that I never walk when it comes to moving somewhere 😂

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

BeNotDeceived wrote: July 15th, 2021, 3:19 pm Image

Welcome, 🕊

I’m curious who here has visited the OKC Memorial about half a states distance to your north?

Tall tales are always encouraged from those that live in such a cute little state. :lol:
I just went to the OKC Memorial a few months ago.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Hello from Austin area.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

TexasGal wrote: July 15th, 2021, 11:51 am I've been one of the lurkers on this forum for many years that you all mention once in awhile. I kept telling myself to make an account. Well.. today I did! Quite a few times I had a question I wanted to ask. But, still didn't take the time to do it. Over the years I've learned through reading post and pondering answers who is more in the line of my thinking and beliefs and who are the the ones I pass over their response. The spirit quickly tells me what is wrong or correct. I'll probably still be one of the quiet ones reading in the background. I look forward to being able though to ask questions when I have one and reading other people's opinions.
Welcome! Always good to meet another fellow Texan here.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Hello from Missouri!

PatriotMom
Hi, I'm new.

Post by PatriotMom »

Hello from North DFW area as well

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

DFW Area myself! Welcome to the forum!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

(0.00% of all posts / 1.00 posts per day)

search.php?keywords=antimetabole shows a peculiar post that became more peculiar, because it was posted on the “same day”, as your joining and first post. By posting once on your first day, you attained and maintained Ultimate Post Rate Unity, for a period of 24 hours.

JS spoke about things that happen on the “same day” which has multiple meanings. :idea:

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Welcome :) ... though not from Texas, I have spent considerable time there, in more stable days.

TexasGal
captain of 10

Post by TexasGal »

Hi, I am in Central Texas. About 2 hours northwest of Austin and not very far from Fort Hood. We bought 15 acres 4 years ago. We moved from Draper Utah. It was getting too busy and too crazy to stay. I was born in Fortworth, moved to San Antonio when I was 7. I love Texas, everyone is down to earth in our area. Members in our branch are pretty good too. It's very different than our ward in Utah. Going from a huge ward with 75 primary kids to a branch. I have kids and grandkids in Utah. Needless to say, I do a lot of flying back and forth.

Baysimove
captain of 100

Post by Baysimove »

Hi there! Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a wonderful stay. See you around!

emil_cooper_73
captain of 10

Post by emil_cooper_73 »

Such a great place, Texas! Welcome.

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Hiii

Glensfree
captain of 10

Post by Glensfree »

Hi there! Welcome to the forum.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

XEmilyX wrote: August 10th, 2021, 5:49 pmHiii
Haay cool, 😎

Your searchable Hiii,
helped me discover that an asterisk ****
acts as a wildcard when searching as per: search.php?keywords=Hiii*

High, but not Up in the Sky HI dropping Spy PI in Your Eye. 👻 gbng

Bedazzled by z High Spy. :twisted:

Words that worked wonders, once upon a time. :)

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Hi! I moved to the SW Fort Worth area from SoCal a few months ago and we really like the people in the area and our ward. Texas is a beautiful state.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Lexew1899 wrote: July 15th, 2021, 6:28 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: July 15th, 2021, 3:19 pm Image

Welcome, 🕊

I just went to the OKC Memorial a few months ago.
The first time I went was for nine weeks of nine school beginning on January 9th. The weather started off so miserable, I thought I never wanted to go back. Worse yet I missed the Olympics, but then on March 8th something miraculous happened that anyone can see via: search.php?keywords=38ii

The weather gets decent in March, but January and February are best spent elsewhere.

3*8**

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Hello from Austin!