Hello From wonderful Texas!

Tell us about yourself...
h_p
captain of 1,000

Re: Hello From wonderful Texas!

Post by h_p »

CuriousThinker wrote: January 4th, 2022, 6:10 pm Hi! I moved to the SW Fort Worth area from SoCal a few months ago and we really like the people in the area and our ward. Texas is a beautiful state.
I think that's roughly Lizzy60's stomping grounds... There are a few of us Texans on here. Welcome!

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

You Texans ought to have an LDSFF meetup sometime. Most of you guys are like 4 hours from each other or less.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

CuriousThinker wrote: January 4th, 2022, 6:10 pm Hi! I moved to the SW Fort Worth area from SoCal a few months ago and we really like the people in the area and our ward. Texas is a beautiful state.
I grew up in Northern California and spent my mission in the Texas Forth Worth Mission. I'm in Arizona now....

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Hello and welcome. I too was a lurker for a very long time. I am in the greater Houston area but transitioning to our country place in Angelina County.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Welcome! From NW Missouri...about 25 miles from Adam. ondi Ahman

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Quick question...does anyone frequent Avow? Just wondering what is trending there...

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

BroJones wrote: January 6th, 2022, 8:52 am Quick question...does anyone frequent Avow? Just wondering what is trending there...
What is Avow?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

NeveR wrote: January 6th, 2022, 8:59 am
BroJones wrote: January 6th, 2022, 8:52 am Quick question...does anyone frequent Avow? Just wondering what is trending there...
What is Avow?
Another Voice of Warning, a pay-to-play Mormon-centric prepper website.

https://www.ldsavow.com/

I don’t recommend it. They believed in the past that the prophet would call upon members of the church to give up their food storage to the collective and go to camps in the mountains. The group was also the feeding ground for Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

BroJones wrote: January 6th, 2022, 8:50 am Welcome! From NW Missouri...about 25 miles from Adam. ondi Ahman
Beautiful area of the country

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

Lizzy60 wrote: January 6th, 2022, 10:16 am
NeveR wrote: January 6th, 2022, 8:59 am
What is Avow?
Another Voice of Warning, a pay-to-play Mormon-centric prepper website.

https://www.ldsavow.com/

I don’t recommend it. They believed in the past that the prophet would call upon members of the church to give up their food storage to the collective and go to camps in the mountains. The group was also the feeding ground for Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow.
Thanks - never been there and don't know but it sounds a bit cult like? And also scarily like 'you will own nothing and be happy'?

It's very hard to find anything manmade to trust right now - but maybe that's the lesson!