Saturday Evening Sessions Of Conference Are CANCELLED

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

J2
captain of 100

Re: Saturday Evening Sessions Of Conference Are CANCELLED

Post by J2 »

Boo! Hiss.

J2
captain of 100

Post by J2 »

There is actually some good fruit that will come from this. No longer will we have to hear as much UN-inspired garbage from Sister Eubank and some of the other sister leaders. That's definitely a plus.

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

Mens conference? Women's conference?Too gender specific. Gotta get canceled.

NewEliza
captain of 1,000

Post by NewEliza »

J2 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:21 am There is actually some good fruit that will come from this. No longer will we have to hear as much UN-inspired garbage from Sister Eubank and some of the other sister leaders. That's definitely a plus.
I agree, I have avoided the women’s session for years! I hate listening to their voices anyways, it seriously drives me crazy. Not to mention what they say...

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Will they compensate this by having more female speakers in other sessions?

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Why in the world are the October sessions still closed for in person attendance?

nightowl
captain of 100

Post by nightowl »

inho wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:36 am Will they compensate this by having more female speakers in other sessions?
Sad to say it probably will. 2nd coming cant come soon enough!
:twisted:

J2
captain of 100

Post by J2 »

nightowl wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:39 am
inho wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:36 am Will they compensate this by having more female speakers in other sessions?
Oh please no! I have a hard time listening to most of their voices too.

NewEliza
captain of 1,000

Post by NewEliza »

J2 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:45 am
We have developed such a weird particular way of giving these talks in conference. Why can’t anyone JuSt SpEaK nOrMaLlY

:)
Last edited by NewEliza on June 7th, 2021, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

J2 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:45 am
I wish there were more women speakers. Not the "primary voice" speakers, but the Candace Owens type speakers.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Serragon wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:37 am Why in the world are the October sessions still closed for in person attendance?
I'm pretty sure they like the pre-recorded studio versions better. They don't have to worry about a rogue GA going unhinged and telling the truth about something.

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

Fred wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:58 am
Serragon wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:37 am Why in the world are the October sessions still closed for in person attendance?
I'm pretty sure they like the pre-recorded studio versions better. They don't have to worry about a rogue GA going unhinged and telling the truth about something.
Yes indeed, why IS God shutting the church down? Hint: it ain't because of Covid.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Fred wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:58 am
Very interesting point. Think you may be on to something here. With the 15, or at least the First Presidency, going full woke, full UN, UNICEF, WEF, Gavi, covid nonsense, LGBT/et al, all white people are racist, disavowing parts of the Book of Mormon and what previous prophets have said, etc. etc. etc. there is a very good chance a Seventy or two might just not agree with all of that, and might let loose with some information or an opinion that the 15 don't want spoken live to the world/its members. Hmm....

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

OPMissionary wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:28 am Mens conference? Women's conference?Too gender specific. Gotta get canceled.
That doesn't bode well for RS and Priesthood meetings in general.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

BringerOfJoy wrote: June 7th, 2021, 11:28 am
OPMissionary wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:28 am Mens conference? Women's conference?Too gender specific. Gotta get canceled.
That doesn't bode well for RS and Priesthood meetings in general.
Might be. Perhaps we will have Sunday school every Sunday and no RS / priesthood meetings?

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

The "sexist" priesthood session is now completely dead. I guess allowing women to view the priesthood session on the church's website wasn't woke enough for the false god of feminism, so the entire session had to be sacrificed.

It breaks my heart to see how much the church has changed in just a few short years. The church I grew up in hardly exists anymore. Heck the church my teenage kids attended in primary only a few years ago hardly exists anymore. I know the apostasy and destruction of the church were all prophesied in the scriptures, so I shouldn't be surprised, but seeing it happen nevertheless causes me great pain.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

Matthias wrote: June 7th, 2021, 11:38 am The "sexist" priesthood session is now completely dead. I guess allowing women to view the priesthood session on the church's website wasn't woke enough for the false god of feminism, so the entire session had to be sacrificed.

It breaks my heart to see how much the church has changed in just a few short years. The church I grew up in hardly exists anymore. Heck the church my teenage kids attended in primary only a few years ago hardly exists anymore. I know the apostasy and destruction of the church were all prophesied in the scriptures, so I shouldn't be surprised, but seeing it happen nevertheless causes me great pain.
And think about this: How stunningly different is this church from the one President Nelson grew up in nearly a century ago? This isn't what you would expect from a near Centenarian, is it? Did he spend all those years thinking, "When I'm in charge, I am going to change . . . EVERYTHING!!" I have to wonder.

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

BringerOfJoy wrote: June 7th, 2021, 11:50 am
Matthias wrote: June 7th, 2021, 11:38 am The "sexist" priesthood session is now completely dead. I guess allowing women to view the priesthood session on the church's website wasn't woke enough for the false god of feminism, so the entire session had to be sacrificed.

And think about this: How stunningly different is this church from the one President Nelson grew up in nearly a century ago? This isn't what you would expect from a near Centenarian, is it? Did he spend all those years thinking, "When I'm in charge, I am going to change . . . EVERYTHING!!" I have to wonder.
I truly believe that God is working through Russell M Nelson to break up the church right now because of its wickedness. I dont believe RMN even realizes this is happening right under his own nose. He thinks he's bringing the church into a new woke/globalist era, but its not going to work out that way.

Remember D&C 3
"1 The works, and the designs, and the purposes of God cannot be frustrated, neither can they come to naught.
2 For God doth not walk in crooked paths, neither doth he turn to the right hand nor to the left, neither doth he vary from that which he hath said, therefore his paths are straight, and his course is one eternal round.
3 Remember, remember that it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men;"

God is currently preparing his Millenial church because the LDS church has just about completed its purpose.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Amen hermano. I could say the same thing.
I still can't believe its actually happening. We studied it, learned about it, discussed it(the end times and what that includes) so I shouldn't be surprised.... I just don't think I thought it would be this disappointing.... Some get upset and some get mad but for me, really, it just hurts to see Babylon influence on the decision making being done by the leaders of the church.
I still just can't believe it's actually happening/going down....

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

I think it would have to do with the following:

1. Vaccination rate of Utah: 32 percent.

2. A news article (quoted by the honorable Administrator of this board) showing that 50 percent of American Mormons were at least reluctant to take the vaccine and something like 15 percent wouldn't get it under any circumstances.

Other ancillary reasons might be:

3. Continued construction of the tunnel network between the Conference Center and the Temple as part of the Salt Lake City Temple Renovation Project.

4. Something else far worse yet to be contemplated by the membership in general.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

I'm not really sure what to make of Nelson's "plan once he was in charge." There were no doubt things he was planning to change before he became president. Other things he's probably changing based on what he thinks is best in the here and now.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

TrueFaith wrote: June 7th, 2021, 12:01 pm

I truly believe that God is working through Russell M Nelson to break up the church right now because of its wickedness. I dont believe RMN even realizes this is happening right under his own nose. He thinks he's bringing the church into a new woke/globalist era, but its not going to work out that way.

Remember D&C 3
"1 The works, and the designs, and the purposes of God cannot be frustrated, neither can they come to naught.
2 For God doth not walk in crooked paths, neither doth he turn to the right hand nor to the left, neither doth he vary from that which he hath said, therefore his paths are straight, and his course is one eternal round.
3 Remember, remember that it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men;"

God is currently preparing his Millenial church because the LDS church has just about completed its purpose.
There's no question God knew what was going to happen and it's all part of his grand plan. I'm not convinced he's working through Nelson to do it, though. The scriptures about last days Israel plainly state that our prophets and leaders are erring and making the changes on their own.

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

Matthias wrote: June 7th, 2021, 12:47 pm

Remember D&C 3

There's no question God knew what was going to happen and it's all part of his grand plan. I'm not convinced he's working through Nelson to do it, though. The scriptures about last days Israel plainly state that our prophets and leaders are erring and making the changes on their own.
I mean God is working through RMN in the same way that God worked through Judas for Christ to complete His atonement.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

TrueFaith wrote: June 7th, 2021, 12:51 pm
Matthias wrote: June 7th, 2021, 12:47 pm

Remember D&C 3

I mean God is working through RMN in the same way that God worked through Judas for Christ to complete His atonement.
Oh okay. That makes more sense now.