Faith Crisis Support 1st Wednesday Provo

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Faith Crisis Support 1st Wednesday Provo

Post by Thinker »

Quite a few people have brought up faith crisis, so when I just found out about this I thought to share it here. Sorry to those too far away to go. I haven’t gone yet, but may.

Thrive Faith Crisis Support - just the 1st Wednesday of each month (started June 2 in person - next July 7). 7pm
1775 S. East Bay Blvd., Provo, UT.
Free - no cost.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Re: Faith Crisis Support 1st Wednesday Provo

Post by oneClimbs »

Interesting, if you go I think many of us would like to hear what it is and how it went. I haven’t heard of such a program but it sounds like it could be a good thing for many people.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Is this a church-sponsored event? Judging from the address, it doesn’t look like it would be—maybe I’m wrong. I would go either way if I could. Since I don’t have a calling, maybe I can ask my bishop to call me as the Faith Crisis President.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Jonesy wrote: June 7th, 2021, 1:59 am Is this a church-sponsored event? Judging from the address, it doesn’t look like it would be—maybe I’m wrong. I would go either way if I could. Since I don’t have a calling, maybe I can ask my bishop to call me as the Faith Crisis President.
Do it!

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Is this the same "Thrive faith crisis support" that has some association with John Dehlin, Mormon Stories, and hence probably more of a progressive post-Mormon support group?

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

EmmaLee wrote: June 7th, 2021, 2:25 pm
Jonesy wrote: June 7th, 2021, 1:59 am Is this a church-sponsored event? Judging from the address, it doesn’t look like it would be—maybe I’m wrong. I would go either way if I could. Since I don’t have a calling, maybe I can ask my bishop to call me as the Faith Crisis President.
Do it!
I think the church should do it. It would be beneficial in so many ways. Both good for those with a “faith crisis”, and also just the typical member. And it would probably be a very enjoyable calling and class to participate in. Or, here’s another idea, they could re-brand the Gospel doctrine class.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

The Creator wrote: June 7th, 2021, 2:56 pm Is this the same "Thrive faith crisis support" that has some association with John Dehlin, Mormon Stories, and hence probably more of a progressive post-Mormon support group?
Yeah, I think so. I’m just getting to know it, but I think it’s similar to post-Mormon groups. And FYI, I got kicked out of a few of their groups for basically stating biological, medical & statistical facts about harms of homosexuality. And someone tried discrediting me by pointing to my post warning about some covid nonsense. So, most people there may not exactly be freedom-loving. And at a meeting, when we went around explaining the basics of our beliefs, I was one of the few to say I believed in God, which several argued against.

So… I probably won’t even go. This most recent encounter of bullying by “moderators” changed my mind.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Jonesy wrote: June 7th, 2021, 3:30 pm
EmmaLee wrote: June 7th, 2021, 2:25 pm
Do it!
I think the church should do it. It would be beneficial in so many ways. Both good for those with a “faith crisis”, and also just the typical member. And it would probably be a very enjoyable calling and class to participate in. Or, here’s another idea, they could re-brand the Gospel doctrine class.
Gospel Principles used to be the closest thing. It focused on the basics, and was designed for investigators or new members. People in faith-crisis mode are similar to them because they often reconsider everything, like starting from scratch. But of course, the class is no more.

If anyone heard of a faith-crisis group that hasn’t changed one herd mentality for another (like homosexual/covid-bs), please share it.