A Resurrected Account

Tell us about yourself...
Volante
captain of 50

A Resurrected Account

Post by Volante »

Hello, old friends and new!

I hung out here a lot in my pre-mission college years. Lately I've felt more ideologically homeless, and my relationship with my religion is getting complicated, and I started feeling really lonely.

Then I remembered this place and remembered it was a nice little space for exploring some nuance in more heterodoxical views. This is an old account and I don't use the username anywhere else, so I feel safer here. I look forward to reading all y'all's posts again.

I was born and raised in the Church. All my family is still active and devout. I'm queer and my wife and I were married in the temple, before she found out she was trans. (A temple designed by Laurie Lee Hall, funnily enough!) We don't live openly though, but that's probably not sustainable. We're basically just counting down the days we eventually get excommed for existing after trying to do everything right. I still believe there's a lot of truth here, and I wish it was as easy as just realizing it's all fake and leaving to find something better, but I have certain testimonies I can't deny, so I'll just stay and serve God until someone tells me to leave I guess.

emil_cooper_73
captain of 10

Re: A Resurrected Account

Post by emil_cooper_73 »

Welcome back! I'm hoping to see more of your posts now that you're again. How have you been?

Volante
captain of 50

Post by Volante »

I'm doing well, thank you!!
This last year has been miraculously kind to us, all things considered! We're getting ready to move again sometime this summer but we don't know where or when. I'm excited for the fireflies to come out again in the next few months!! Fireflies and thunderstorms make the midwest straight up magical <3

How have you been?

Baysimove
captain of 100

Post by Baysimove »

Welcome back! How have you been? Nothing's really up, oh well, we have a pandemic going on.