On Every High Hill

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: On Every High Hill

Post by Pazooka »

TheDuke wrote: May 11th, 2021, 4:18 pm Baal was a Semitic god worshiped through the area with idols and groves. Not Jehovah. Although apparently Solomon built a temple to him for one of his wives... A real no-no.
Point is, if the True and Living God does not sanction what’s being done in His house, it doesn’t really matter unto whom it was intended or built.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

"if" is obviously the operative word. and He does.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

When the Lord accuses us of having changed His ord-inances, it could also be talking about His commands (ie what He has “ord-ained” should be - His “ord-ers”). Did we change His order to gather? Evidence suggests that we did.
We are here for the purpose of establishing the kingdom of God on the earth. To be prepared for this work it has been necessary to gather us out from the nations and countries of the world, for if we had remained in those lands we could not have received the ordinances of the Holy Priesthood of the Son of God, which are necessary for the perfection of the Saints preparatory to His coming...

Then my brethren, "what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." ~ Brigham Young, Provo, UT
God NEVER ordered us to refrain from gathering. Our temples dotting the earth - what we think are emblems of God’s special communion with us - are houses of vanity. I’m continuing my study of Ezekiel today and we surely are living in the “dark and cloudy day” he foretold.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Joseph Smith Papers, March 1838
Ques. 2nd: What are we to understand by zions loosing herself from the bands of her neck 2d. verse.
A. We are to understand that the scattered remnants are exorted to to return to the Lord from whence they have fal[l]en which if they do the promise of the Lord is that he will speak to them or give them revelation See 6th. 7th. and 8th. verses The bands of her neck are the curses of God upon her or the remnants of Israel in their scattered condition among the Gentiles.
https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper ... foot-notes