Wendy and Sheri: Sisters?

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Wendy and Sheri: Sisters?

Post by Pazooka »

Pazooka has been training for a new job and really just needs some brain candy right now. I don’t know how this was brought to my attention, but if you take a look at some of the photos of Wendy Watson Nelson and Sheri Dew - do they look like sisters to you? I know the theory that has been bandied about, previously, on the forum (about their relationship), but I’d never heard this one. They were born 2-3 years apart. What do the people say?
Attachments
FDA0555F-01B0-4466-B0CC-C29073DCBC09.jpeg
FDA0555F-01B0-4466-B0CC-C29073DCBC09.jpeg (56.14 KiB) Viewed 2045 times

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Wendy and Sheri: Sisters?

Post by Pazooka »

Here’s another:
Attachments
79602B24-6269-4E39-A12D-797B0F9FC43D.jpeg
79602B24-6269-4E39-A12D-797B0F9FC43D.jpeg (610.75 KiB) Viewed 2036 times
174FFCE8-83B6-4E27-8EB1-2CDD537F9BE0.jpeg
174FFCE8-83B6-4E27-8EB1-2CDD537F9BE0.jpeg (267.07 KiB) Viewed 2036 times

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

And another. I can’t seem to find any pics of when they were children or else I would post them.
Attachments
46859723-DEDD-4EBB-8C49-9CF325B651AD.jpeg
46859723-DEDD-4EBB-8C49-9CF325B651AD.jpeg (675.81 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
D96B6002-A2EE-4CB3-B514-DAC7C49F6433.jpeg
D96B6002-A2EE-4CB3-B514-DAC7C49F6433.jpeg (447 KiB) Viewed 2034 times

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Pazooka wrote: April 14th, 2021, 4:47 pm Pazooka has been training for a new job and really just needs some brain candy right now. I don’t know how this was brought to my attention, but if you take a look at some of the photos of Wendy Watson Nelson and Sheri Dew - do they look like sisters to you? I know the theory that has been bandied about, previously, on the forum (about their relationship), but I’d never heard this one. They were born 2-3 years apart. What do the people say?
In the top first pic they totally look like they could be sisters.
The other pics- they don't necessarily look like sisters but they resemble enough to where it wouldn't surprise you if you found out they were sisters..... For me.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

My aunt has recently hooked up with some American guy. He looks just like Sheri Dew

It would be funny if WWN and SD were secret sisters

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Well they look like each other.... apart from the eyes, the nose, the mouth, the shape of the face, colouring etc.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Robin Hood wrote: April 15th, 2021, 4:03 am Well they look like each other.... apart from the eyes, the nose, the mouth, the shape of the face, colouring etc.
Buzz kill :?

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Cruiserdude wrote: April 14th, 2021, 8:00 pm
Pazooka wrote: April 14th, 2021, 4:47 pm Pazooka has been training for a new job and really just needs some brain candy right now. I don’t know how this was brought to my attention, but if you take a look at some of the photos of Wendy Watson Nelson and Sheri Dew - do they look like sisters to you? I know the theory that has been bandied about, previously, on the forum (about their relationship), but I’d never heard this one. They were born 2-3 years apart. What do the people say?
In the top first pic they totally look like they could be sisters.
The other pics- they don't necessarily look like sisters but they resemble enough to where it wouldn't surprise you if you found out they were sisters..... For me.
I got the same impression.
Maybe they went to the same plastic surgeon or got plastic surgery to look more alike. 😁

Aprhys
captain of 1,000

Post by Aprhys »

I have heard that they are indeed "sisters," of a certain variety. ✂️. Ok ban me now.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Apparently Nelson dated Sheri Dew before he got with Wendy. Maybe they’re a throuple, or Nelson is a full on secret polygamist

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Luke wrote: April 18th, 2021, 8:11 am Apparently Nelson dated Sheri Dew before he got with Wendy. Maybe they’re a throuple, or Nelson is a full on secret polygamist
There’s definitely a connection between the three. I wish I had a Gazelem stone.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Both are of the female gender, of Aryan race, similar age, same religion so same dress standards.
Both have lived their long lives in similar / same areas with the same acquaintances / friends.
Be real... instead of this foolish and time wasting speculating and innuendo.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Elizabeth wrote: April 18th, 2021, 11:41 pm Both are of the female gender, of Aryan race, similar age, same religion so same dress standards.
Both have lived their long lives in similar / same areas with the same acquaintances / friends.
Be real... instead of this foolish and time wasting speculating and innuendo.
The nature of our reality has yet to be revealed. Don’t judge me because I “waste” my time differently than you. And yes...innuendo...because there is definitely something there - - we just can’t be sure what.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Pazooka wrote: April 19th, 2021, 8:43 amthere is definitely something there - - we just can’t be sure what.
I think they are best buds. I'll admit that the thought crossed my mind that they could both be married to Nelson, but I won't spread that or accuse because I have zero proof of that. Having had best buds, their closeness makes a lot of sense to me. I can see that being all there is.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Silver Pie wrote: April 21st, 2021, 10:36 pm
Pazooka wrote: April 19th, 2021, 8:43 amthere is definitely something there - - we just can’t be sure what.
I think they are best buds. I'll admit that the thought crossed my mind that they could both be married to Nelson, but I won't spread that or accuse because I have zero proof of that. Having had best buds, their closeness makes a lot of sense to me. I can see that being all there is.
You’re way more gracious than I am. When I see them two, my inner backwoodswoman just wants to mutter “Sumpin’ ain’t right” under my breath (...and maybe out loud on a public Internet forum).

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Pazooka wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 9:40 pm
Silver Pie wrote: April 21st, 2021, 10:36 pm
You’re way more gracious than I am. When I see them two, my inner backwoodswoman just wants to mutter “Sumpin’ ain’t right” under my breath (...and maybe out loud on a public Internet forum).
Lololol😂😂😂

Beastmaster
captain of 10

Post by Beastmaster »

They could well be a “brother from a different mother”. SHD is a big strapping gal of hardy Pioneer stock and Wendy is like a teapot- short and stout. They both have the same hair stylist. May be Sheri ate all the protein in the house and deprived Wendy, but I suspect it is genetic!

RoseofSharon
captain of 100

Post by RoseofSharon »

Paz, if only it was just Sheri and Wendy who look alike, but alas......

I find the entire female church leadership/prominent women all being look alikes.

I have been trying to put my finger on it for years now. What is this mysterious known-only-to-them dress and grooming code? I still don't know quite what it is and continue to be baffled by it. When I served a mission, we of course had a strict dress code, but that didn't make us all look alike When I worked as a temple worker, we had many dress and grooming rules, but still, we looked like ourselves.

My husband has noticed this, too. He was in a store in Bountiful one day, had to sit down and wait for some service he needed, and started watching people. Many woman walked by, and every one of them looked just like the last one. And it wasn't refined or dignified, just a blah sameness.

What I have observed is two basic hairstyles: a bob or a crop top type style that I know was around in the 1960's. No jewelry or other ornament is ever worn in the hair. Certainly no hat. But the hair is always colored, always. If they aren''t trying to cover gray they are highlighting, and always very predictably.

Earrings and scarves abound, like they are trying to emphasis their face with the obvious botox injections. And speaking of the face, OMG the makeup is so plastered on! Just plain heavy without trying to look heavy ( but didn't fool me ). Isn't Wendy Nelson going on 72? I have a sister who is 72. OMG Wendy Nelson does not look like a 72 year old. Really blah, but not 72. Weird.

The clothing of these prominent LDS women, although colored always in the persons season, is boring, lackluster, and way too "suity" for me.

That's all I got right now, but can anyone explain to me what this "look" means? Or why every women up there in the hierarchy does it? I have been trying to figure it out for years.

I have a friend , more of a woman of the world ( traveled extensively with her husband's career) who I put this to, and she acknowledge what I saw, and how this is very peculiar to LDS women. She did offer me a theory that may or may not cover my observations of this look alikeness among prominent church women, I don't know, but she analyzed it this way: when an LDS woman is still single, she dresses for men. She looks prettier, more natural, and has a more vibrant changeable wardrobe of attractive clothing ( that is if she wants to get married ) and changes hairstyles frequently. However, when many LDS women marry, especially the baby boomers, they begin to dress and groom in a manner that they believe impresses other women, makes them part of a certain crowd of women, and projects a look other women like to see, or so they suppose. It is part of the desired social success they hope to achieve( and I am not judging this-just saying my friend noted it). It is as if they all mirror each other with the botox injections becoming a sort of rite of passage among them, hoping for a certain social acceptance.

Anyway, it they all look alike, not just Sheri and Wendy.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

RoseofSharon wrote: April 27th, 2021, 12:33 pm Paz, if only it was just Sheri and Wendy who look alike, but alas......

I find the entire female church leadership/prominent women all being look alikes.

I have been trying to put my finger on it for years now. What is this mysterious known-only-to-them dress and grooming code? I still don't know quite what it is and continue to be baffled by it. When I served a mission, we of course had a strict dress code, but that didn't make us all look alike When I worked as a temple worker, we had many dress and grooming rules, but still, we looked like ourselves.

My husband has noticed this, too. He was in a store in Bountiful one day, had to sit down and wait for some service he needed, and started watching people. Many woman walked by, and every one of them looked just like the last one. And it wasn't refined or dignified, just a blah sameness.

What I have observed is two basic hairstyles: a bob or a crop top type style that I know was around in the 1960's. No jewelry or other ornament is ever worn in the hair. Certainly no hat. But the hair is always colored, always. If they aren''t trying to cover gray they are highlighting, and always very predictably.

Earrings and scarves abound, like they are trying to emphasis their face with the obvious botox injections. And speaking of the face, OMG the makeup is so plastered on! Just plain heavy without trying to look heavy ( but didn't fool me ). Isn't Wendy Nelson going on 72? I have a sister who is 72. OMG Wendy Nelson does not look like a 72 year old. Really blah, but not 72. Weird.

The clothing of these prominent LDS women, although colored always in the persons season, is boring, lackluster, and way too "suity" for me.

That's all I got right now, but can anyone explain to me what this "look" means? Or why every women up there in the hierarchy does it? I have been trying to figure it out for years.

I have a friend , more of a woman of the world ( traveled extensively with her husband's career) who I put this to, and she acknowledge what I saw, and how this is very peculiar to LDS women. She did offer me a theory that may or may not cover my observations of this look alikeness among prominent church women, I don't know, but she analyzed it this way: when an LDS woman is still single, she dresses for men. She looks prettier, more natural, and has a more vibrant changeable wardrobe of attractive clothing ( that is if she wants to get married ) and changes hairstyles frequently. However, when many LDS women marry, especially the baby boomers, they begin to dress and groom in a manner that they believe impresses other women, makes them part of a certain crowd of women, and projects a look other women like to see, or so they suppose. It is part of the desired social success they hope to achieve( and I am not judging this-just saying my friend noted it). It is as if they all mirror each other with the botox injections becoming a sort of rite of passage among them, hoping for a certain social acceptance.

A woman in my ward had the Primary voice down pat, and every talk or testimony she gave sounded identical to the general board women leaders. Very sweet, very polished, makeup always perfect, Mormon hair, etc. Then one day she walked into church and I whispered in my hubby’s ear, “Sister Jones is ready to speak in General Conference. She finally got the ensemble (suit, scarf, shoes) she needed for the role.

P.S. The “sweet” part didn’t always hold once she left the building, as some who inadvertently crossed her found out!

RoseofSharon
captain of 100

Post by RoseofSharon »

Lizzy60 wrote: April 27th, 2021, 1:04 pm
RoseofSharon wrote: April 27th, 2021, 12:33 pm Paz, if only it was just Sheri and Wendy who look alike, but alas......

A woman in my ward had the Primary voice down pat, and every talk or testimony she gave sounded identical to the general board women leaders. Very sweet, very polished, makeup always perfect, Mormon hair, etc. Then one day she walked into church and I whispered in my hubby’s ear, “Sister Jones is ready to speak in General Conference. She finally got the ensemble (suit, scarf, shoes) she needed for the role.

P.S. The “sweet” part didn’t always hold once she left the building, as some who inadvertently crossed her found out!
I have never heard of "mormon hair". That's good :lol: .

Is there a primary "voice"? I have missed that, or have I? Before Covid my husband and I had a church calling over at a Post Acute Center where we helped conduct Sacrament Meetings and FHE. There was a woman from another ward there who continually talked to the patients as if they were little kids who had just fallen down and scraped their knees. Even when standing in front conducting FHE. Is THAT the Primary voice? It was just really weird. Not sure what it meant.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

RoseofSharon wrote: April 27th, 2021, 1:34 pm

Is there a primary "voice"? I have missed that, or have I? Before Covid my husband and I had a church calling over at a Post Acute Center where we helped conduct Sacrament Meetings and FHE. There was a woman from another ward there who continually talked to the patients as if they were little kids who had just fallen down and scraped their knees. Even when standing in front conducting FHE. Is THAT the Primary voice? It was just really weird. Not sure what it meant.
This was posted on this forum a short time ago.

https://doctrinalessays.com/the-primary ... nded-ones/

I have a very clear memory of emailing a friend of mine about the “primary voice” used by female conference speakers in 2005. Therefore, that term has been around awhile, although maybe just in certain areas of the church.

The worst I saw was a training video for Primary leaders where a group of adults role-played Primary children so that certain teaching techniques could be demonstrated. It felt like adults were not capable of learning anything without a juvenile demonstration. I felt so sorry for the adults pretending to be primary children.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Haha - yes. I’ve wondered about that.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Lizzy60 wrote: April 27th, 2021, 1:46 pm
RoseofSharon wrote: April 27th, 2021, 1:34 pm

This was posted on this forum a short time ago.

https://doctrinalessays.com/the-primary ... nded-ones/

I have a very clear memory of emailing a friend of mine about the “primary voice” used by female conference speakers in 2005. Therefore, that term has been around awhile, although maybe just in certain areas of the church.

The worst I saw was a training video for Primary leaders where a group of adults role-played Primary children so that certain teaching techniques could be demonstrated. It felt like adults were not capable of learning anything without a juvenile demonstration. I felt so sorry for the adults pretending to be primary children.
The one I laugh about is the sister missionary voice that kicks in when you’re, all of a sudden, talking about something spiritual.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

Primary voice for the sisters. Sing song voice for the brethren.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Mindfields wrote: May 1st, 2021, 7:56 am Primary voice for the sisters. Sing song voice for the brethren.
Right!!! WTH just talk with your normal FREAKING voice...