Is this Mortal Life Similar to the Telestial Kingdom..??

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Is this Mortal Life Similar to the Telestial Kingdom..??

Post by JK4Woods »

So, I’ve been wondering lately about the real doctrine of the three degrees of glory.

Not the primary & youth and adult Sunday school & priesthood lesson indoctrination over the last four decades. But the real facts and source material right from Joseph Smith.

I can read the several verses in the D&C which doesn’t really explain much.

Where does all the Mormon beliefs and fleshed out theories come from..??

I’ve heard that this mortal probation is The Telestial Kingdom.

And I’ve also heard that it’s beyond the veil, but substantially similar to what we’re living right now, except there will be no death, or satanic influences. (Will there be weeds..?? I gotta know if there will be weeds there...;-)

And I’m curious about the marriage idea, and how would it not be in the Telestial Kingdom..?? As male and females generally bond together by instinct and attraction.

I also can’t see them not having kids, as it’s read in the scriptures that not a hair on the head will be lost come the resurrection. And I can’t see Heavenly Father just saying to his kids who only made it partway down the path of eternal progression during this mortality, that you’ll be shooting blanks, because that’s the rules...??

I mean, I kinda get the sealing power and celestial kingdom stuff of being able to go hang out with Heavenly Father at his place. But what about having kids (do they have to go thru their own mortality, or are they born with immortal bodies..?? or are we only going to be allowed to have spirit children..??).

So if any of us are worthy at the judgement bar, to continue along the path to the celestial kingdom, how will our happiness be different from those friends and neighbors who end up in the Telestial kingdom?

Is it like zoning...?? I mean, some exclusive neighborhoods here on earth are really nice. (We just celebrated our 30th anniversary over in Monterey, Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach, Carmel by-the-sea and Big Sur. And anyone who’s been over there knows it’s one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world. And very desirable). None of which I will ever afford in this lifetime.

I’ve heard it taught that whatever kingdom we merit, will be the most happiest for each of us.

I know mortal marriages are “till death do you part” but isn’t this a blessing in some respects..??
(That way we each have an opportunity to seek out and find those whom we hung out with before coming here to earth. And if our marriage sucked down here, maybe we have a chance to do it better there?)

Once the eternal perspective is restored to each of us, it’s supposed to make sense and be fair.

Maybe it is just a zoning kind of thing. The most valiant get to go to the richest neighborhoods, while the lessor, and the least valiant get to stay in their kind of comfortable surroundings, (trailer parks).

Isn’t “Hell” supposed to be personal, where we have deep burning regret within our own hearts for being too weak to put up a better fight and conquer the fiery darts of mortality; where we look up and see what might have been, compared to where we ended up..??

Anyway, just wondering about factual information about the degrees of glory and not “motivating storylines” that when objectively looked at from 30,000 feet, look like a whole lot of Heavenly Fathers children are gonna be on several other planets, on the “wrong side of the tracks” than where He lives.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: Is this Mortal Life Similar to the Telestial Kingdom..??

Post by Silver Pie »

I tend to think this life is the telestial kingdom. It fits the markers:
Holy Ghost is here.
Angels appear and minister.
Christ can come down from his higher kingdom and minister.
Each person differs in intelligence (ability to understand spiritual things, math, sciences, art, music, reading comprehension, logic, etc.) and natural talents (including the ability to make money or be naturally cheerful).

This is where liars and murderers live. This is where those who say they are of this man or that man live.

Now, I don't know if mmp is a real thing or not, but this world's similarities to hell/telestial kingdom make me wonder if this place isn't a punishment for not measuring up on some level for most of us (there are those who are exceptions, imo, who came here to rescue the rest of us if we would listen, Jesus being the biggest example of that).

If we take advantage of Jesus' gift, then we can advance to the terrestrial or celestial realm (unless we are offered, and choose, to return to help lift others up). If, on a higher planet, we are faithful to the rules and knowledge given there, I expect we will be able to advance to the next kingdom up after our resurrection from that place.

Just some things I've thought; don't know how true they are or aren't.

So, I don't think the telestial, terrestrial, and celestial are different neighborhoods. I think they are literally different planets.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

It is the Telestial Kingdom. We are already here. Just trying to get out :)

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

It is like the goal of Gnosis; to be freed from the perpetual turning of the wheel. Essentially, the failure in achieving spiritual transcendence means imprisonment in the coils of the cosmic dragon eating its tail, the Ouroboros. We are doomed to eternal telestiality, unless we ascend through the gate. We have to be born again in the spirit.

This realm is the Telestial kingdom.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Alexander wrote: March 21st, 2021, 6:08 pm It is like the goal of Gnosis; to be freed from the perpetual turning of the wheel. Essentially, the failure in achieving spiritual transcendence means imprisonment in the coils of the cosmic dragon eating its tail, the Ouroboros. We are doomed to eternal telestiality, unless we ascend through the gate. We have to be born again in the spirit.

This realm is the Telestial kingdom.
Exactly. We are doomed to reincarnate until we meet the requirements to escape this Telestial realm, i.e. to be born of God

This belief was more common and widespread in early Mormonism than we think

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Wasn't there some quote by Joseph saying something like the telestial kingdom is so nice people would kill themselves to be there? Or is that some seminary myth I remember?

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

ransomme wrote: March 21st, 2021, 6:38 pm Wasn't there some quote by Joseph saying something like the telestial kingdom is so nice people would kill themselves to be there? Or is that some seminary myth I remember?
myth

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

ransomme wrote: March 21st, 2021, 6:38 pm Wasn't there some quote by Joseph saying something like the telestial kingdom is so nice people would kill themselves to be there? Or is that some seminary myth I remember?
Another false tradition/unbelief that needs to go

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

This is not the Telestial. Our Telestial Kingdom doesn't exist yet....and it won't until after the second resurrection

89 And thus we saw, in the heavenly vision, the glory of the telestial, which surpasses all understanding;
_________
21 And they who are not sanctified through the law which I have given unto you, even the law of Christ, must inherit another kingdom, even that of a terrestrial kingdom, or that of a telestial kingdom.

24 And he who cannot abide the law of a telestial kingdom cannot abide a telestial glory; therefore he is not meet for a kingdom of glory. Therefore he must abide a kingdom which is not a kingdom of glory.

31 And also they who are quickened by a portion of the telestial glory shall then receive of the same, even a fulness.

38 And unto every kingdom is given a law; and unto every law there are certain bounds also and conditions
_______

Mortal Earth is not a Kingdom of God....
This is a dreary&strange world that resides above hell , but below what Telestial existence will be.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

nightlight wrote: March 21st, 2021, 9:55 pm This is not the Telestial. Our Telestial Kingdom doesn't exist yet....and it won't until after the second resurrection

89 And thus we saw, in the heavenly vision, the glory of the telestial, which surpasses all understanding;
_________
21 And they who are not sanctified through the law which I have given unto you, even the law of Christ, must inherit another kingdom, even that of a terrestrial kingdom, or that of a telestial kingdom.

24 And he who cannot abide the law of a telestial kingdom cannot abide a telestial glory; therefore he is not meet for a kingdom of glory. Therefore he must abide a kingdom which is not a kingdom of glory.

31 And also they who are quickened by a portion of the telestial glory shall then receive of the same, even a fulness.

38 And unto every kingdom is given a law; and unto every law there are certain bounds also and conditions
_______

Mortal Earth is not a Kingdom of God....
This is a dreary&strange world that resides above hell , but below what Telestial existence will be.
This sounds like what I believe and what I was taught in seminary/institute/Sunday classes

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

We’re here. Welcome.

“Brethren and sisters, this represents the telestial kingdom, or the world in which we now live.“

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

ajax wrote: March 21st, 2021, 10:03 pm We’re here. Welcome.

“Brethren and sisters, this represents the telestial kingdom, or the world in which we now live.“
Lol according to Brigham Young...

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

nightlight wrote: March 21st, 2021, 10:06 pm

A broken clock is right twice a day. He's not totally useless.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

ajax wrote: March 21st, 2021, 10:08 pm
nightlight wrote: March 21st, 2021, 10:06 pm

A broken clock is right twice a day. He's not totally useless.
😂😂

Alexander
the Great

Post by Alexander »

This realm is the telestial realm/kingdom.

"These are they who received not the gospel of Christ, neither the testimony of Jesus."
Those who are telestial do not enter the gate, or come into the presence of God. They remain in their carnal state until they hear the voice of the spirit and come unto Him.

"These are they who deny not the Holy Spirit."
They are not to the degree where they have covenanted with satan, but they are telestial.

"These are they who are thrust down to hell."
They suffer hell on earth and in spirit prison. Hell is torment and anguish. Until they repent, they will be unsaved vagabond souls. This world is literally hell. It is a place of war, strife, famine, death, secret combinations, depravity, and degeneracy etc.

"These are they who receive not of his fulness in the eternal world, but of the Holy Spirit through the ministration of the terrestrial;"
The terrestrial servants of God, in the flesh or in the spirit, minister to these souls and try to preach repentance to them.

"But received not the gospel, neither the testimony of Jesus, neither the prophets, neither the everlasting covenant."
Those who are telestial did not receive the gospel and ascend into a state of righteousness.

"Last of all, these all are they who will not be gathered with the saints, to be caught up unto the church of the Firstborn, and received into the cloud."
They cannot be numbered among the Lord's people in Zion, because they turn not unto the Lord. The unrighteous tares will be separated from the wheat.

"These are they who are liars, and sorcerers, and adulterers, and whoremongers, and whosoever loves and makes a lie."
The actions of the telestial, carnal man.

"These are they who suffer the wrath of God on earth."
They suffer the judgment and condemnation of the Lord on earth because they do not repent.

"These are they who suffer the vengeance of eternal fire. These are they who are cast down to hell and suffer the wrath of Almighty God."
They will suffer under the fire that consumes the wicked in the last day. They will be judged and sent to another telestial world if they do not repent.

"But behold, and lo, we saw the glory and the inhabitants of the telestial world, that they were as innumerable as the stars in the firmament of heaven, or as the sand upon the seashore;"
Remember: enter ye in at the strait gate; for strait is the gate, and narrow is the way that leads to life, and few there be that find it; but wide is the gate, and broad the way which leads to death, and many there be that travel therein, until the night cometh, wherein no man can work. Many will never come unto the Lord. They will remain their telestial state for eternities.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Alexander wrote: March 21st, 2021, 10:13 pm This realm is the telestial realm/kingdom.

"These are they who received not the gospel of Christ, neither the testimony of Jesus."
Those who are telestial do not enter the gate, or come into the presence of God. They remain in their carnal state until they hear the voice of the spirit and come unto Him.

They are not to the degree where they have covenanted with satan, but they are telestial.

They suffer hell on earth and in spirit prison. Hell is torment and anguish. Until they repent, they will be unsaved vagabond souls. This world is literally hell. It is a place of war, strife, famine, death, secret combinations, depravity, and degeneracy etc.

"These are they who receive not of his fulness in the eternal world, but of the Holy Spirit through the ministration of the terrestrial;"
The terrestrial servants of God, in the flesh or in the spirit, minister to these souls and try to preach repentance to them.

"But received not the gospel, neither the testimony of Jesus, neither the prophets, neither the everlasting covenant."
Those who are telestial did not receive the gospel and ascend into a state of righteousness.

"Last of all, these all are they who will not be gathered with the saints, to be caught up unto the church of the Firstborn, and received into the cloud."
They cannot be numbered among the Lord's people in Zion, because they turn not unto the Lord. The unrighteous tares will be separated from the wheat.

"These are they who are liars, and sorcerers, and adulterers, and whoremongers, and whosoever loves and makes a lie."

They suffer the judgment and condemnation of the Lord on earth because they do not repent.

"These are they who suffer the vengeance of eternal fire. These are they who are cast down to hell and suffer the wrath of Almighty God."
They will suffer under the fire that consumes the wicked in the last day. They will be judged and sent to another telestial world if they do not repent.

"But behold, and lo, we saw the glory and the inhabitants of the telestial world, that they were as innumerable as the stars in the firmament of heaven, or as the sand upon the seashore;"
Remember: enter ye in at the strait gate; for strait is the gate, and narrow is the way that leads to life, and few there be that find it; but wide is the gate, and broad the way which leads to death, and many there be that travel therein, until the night cometh, wherein no man can work. Many will never come unto the Lord. They will remain their telestial state for eternities.
It's not....

If you think this is Hell....lol

People who die in their sins are not reborn on earth.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

It is the Telestial Kingdom.
The temple endowment presentation actually calls it "telestial kingdom" not "telestial world" as some people think. Listen carefully next time you're there.

What did we do to end up here?

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

So mortal probation is held in the telestial kingdom?
I thought 'telestial kingdom' was a kingdom of glory attained by some after final judgment?

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

"Many are willing to eat and drink, wear clothing, and lie down to sleep, and they think they are going to be ushered into the Kingdom of God by that portion of men and women that are faithful. This is a mistake, gentlemen and ladies. If you do not cultivate yourselves, and cultivate your spirits in this state of existence, it is just as true as there is a God that liveth, you will have to go into another state of existence, and bring your spirits into subjection there. Now you may reflect upon it, you never will obtain your resurrected bodies, until you bring your spirits into subjection. I am not talking to this earthly house of mine, neither am I talking to your bodies, but I am speaking to your spirits. I am not talking as to people who are not in the house. Are not your spirits in the house? Are not your bodies your houses, your tabernacles or temples, and places for your spirits? Look at it; reflect upon it. If you keep your spirits trained according to the wisdom and fear of God, you will attain to the salvation of both body and spirit. I ask, then, if it is your spirits that must be brought into subjection? It is; and if you do not do that in these bodies, you will have to go into another estate to do it. You have got to train yourselves according to the law of God, or you will never obtain your resurrected bodies. Mark it!" (Heber C. Kimball, JD 1:355-356, 14 November 1852)

“And thus, all the different portions of the earth have been and will be disposed of to the lawful heirs; while those who cannot prove their heirship to be legal, or who cannot prove that they have received any portion of the earth by promise, will be cast out into some other kingdom or world, where, if they ever get an inheritance, they will have to earn it by keeping the law of meekness during another probation.” (Orson Pratt, JD 1:332-333)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Luke wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 2:27 am "Many are willing to eat and drink, wear clothing, and lie down to sleep, and they think they are going to be ushered into the Kingdom of God by that portion of men and women that are faithful. This is a mistake, gentlemen and ladies. If you do not cultivate yourselves, and cultivate your spirits in this state of existence, it is just as true as there is a God that liveth, you will have to go into another state of existence, and bring your spirits into subjection there. Now you may reflect upon it, you never will obtain your resurrected bodies, until you bring your spirits into subjection. I am not talking to this earthly house of mine, neither am I talking to your bodies, but I am speaking to your spirits. I am not talking as to people who are not in the house. Are not your spirits in the house? Are not your bodies your houses, your tabernacles or temples, and places for your spirits? Look at it; reflect upon it. If you keep your spirits trained according to the wisdom and fear of God, you will attain to the salvation of both body and spirit. I ask, then, if it is your spirits that must be brought into subjection? It is; and if you do not do that in these bodies, you will have to go into another estate to do it. You have got to train yourselves according to the law of God, or you will never obtain your resurrected bodies. Mark it!" (Heber C. Kimball, JD 1:355-356, 14 November 1852)

“And thus, all the different portions of the earth have been and will be disposed of to the lawful heirs; while those who cannot prove their heirship to be legal, or who cannot prove that they have received any portion of the earth by promise, will be cast out into some other kingdom or world, where, if they ever get an inheritance, they will have to earn it by keeping the law of meekness during another probation.” (Orson Pratt, JD 1:332-333)
I agree with this, though it doesn't mean reincarnation as some think. The spirit world is a probation. There is potential for a number of probations, none of which necessarily requires mortality.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Robin Hood wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 7:10 am
Luke wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 2:27 am "Many are willing to eat and drink, wear clothing, and lie down to sleep, and they think they are going to be ushered into the Kingdom of God by that portion of men and women that are faithful. This is a mistake, gentlemen and ladies. If you do not cultivate yourselves, and cultivate your spirits in this state of existence, it is just as true as there is a God that liveth, you will have to go into another state of existence, and bring your spirits into subjection there. Now you may reflect upon it, you never will obtain your resurrected bodies, until you bring your spirits into subjection. I am not talking to this earthly house of mine, neither am I talking to your bodies, but I am speaking to your spirits. I am not talking as to people who are not in the house. Are not your spirits in the house? Are not your bodies your houses, your tabernacles or temples, and places for your spirits? Look at it; reflect upon it. If you keep your spirits trained according to the wisdom and fear of God, you will attain to the salvation of both body and spirit. I ask, then, if it is your spirits that must be brought into subjection? It is; and if you do not do that in these bodies, you will have to go into another estate to do it. You have got to train yourselves according to the law of God, or you will never obtain your resurrected bodies. Mark it!" (Heber C. Kimball, JD 1:355-356, 14 November 1852)

I agree with this, though it doesn't mean reincarnation as some think. The spirit world is a probation. There is potential for a number of probations, none of which necessarily requires mortality.
Interesting. I hadn't entertained the possibility of other types of probations besides this temporary mortal one.
It's some food for thought for me

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

“We know that all nature is going to come back again, that’s a guarantee, that life can return, it is eternal. But it has to be done, you can’t do it in one long stretch, there have to be dispensations, periods, and life cycles. So you have to lie down, be buried, and then rise again, in the water, and this is the pattern of the whole thing in the temple.” (Hugh Nibley, The Meaning of Temples)

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Well I do consider this a telestial world but not the kingdom that God assigns after the judgement. Reason being it's not a kingdom of glory. No glory here. But I believe that it's a place of ascension or descent.
I think you should be able to feel the love of the holy ghost in the telestial kingdom of glory, maybe christs love too but idk if glory = love.
Or if glory = joy
Or Glory =peace
Glory = light
Etc idk
I know that hell, not the telestial kingdom but the realm satan rules over is a place of being away from God. Where the fact that you're away from him causes torment it's like being burned alive and some people prefer to burn alive for eternity, probably why they descend so much and become so evil pain can make someone worse. Being on earth is more like being in a dry desert, being very thirsty. Were away from him and his love and try to fill that gap inside with food, drugs, and other things.
Why is it like a desert here?
To help people come to jesus.

I dont believe in more than one body, maybe our bodies change shape in heaven though I can see that happening because we didnt look the same in heaven. But a probation can be the spirit kingdom rather than a new body.

Alexander
the Great

Post by Alexander »

Cruiserdude wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 1:52 am So mortal probation is held in the telestial kingdom?
I thought 'telestial kingdom' was a kingdom of glory attained by some after final judgment?
The telestial world/realm/sphere is where one experiences their probation. (see Mormon 9:28, Helaman 13:28, Alma 42:4,6,9,10,13, Alma 12:24, 2 Nephi 2:21, 1 Nephi 15:30-32). This is because it is only in a temporal realm that one can experience both the light and the dark. This world is like a battlefield of souls, where the nature of a telestial realm is that we endure mortality. It is only in the soil that the seed may cultivate. It is only in this temporal realm that we can develop and refine our faith. We have to descend to ascend.

The Telestial Kingdom is the collection of all telestial bodies, including worlds and individuals. Kingdom simply means the territory or country subject to the law; the inhabitants or population of this sphere; or a division, a region or a tract; the place where any thing prevails and holds sway. Whatever is telestial is part of the telestial kingdom.

The etymology of 'tele-' could fit: tele- word-forming element meaning "far, far off," from Greek tele-, combining form of tele "far off, afar, at or to a distance," related to teleos (genitive telos) "end, goal, result, consummation, perfection," literally "completion of a cycle."

The temporal realm is "far off" from the Lord. It is a fallen sphere, where we are spiritually dead or cut off from the presence of God.

Glory is intelligence or light and truth. The telestial kingdom is of a smaller glory as the natural influence of God's glory in the telestial realm is as the light of Christ. However, as one exercises faith in coming to the Lord one can receive a fullness of the Holy Ghost and have Eternal Life. It functions like a conduit, or channel of light. A system of water pipes is often used as an analogy to help people understand how units of electricity work together, and in a similar manner does this explain the spiritual manifestations of God. In the analogy, voltage is equivalent to water pressure, current is equivalent to flow rate and resistance is equivalent to pipe size. If we increase the pressure in the tank, more water will come out of the hose. Thus, if we increase the voltage in an electrical system, we will also increase the current. If we make the diameter of the hose smaller, resistance will increase, causing less water to come out of the hose. Thus, if we increase the resistance in an electrical system, we will decrease the current.

The natural man is our cloud. It is the veil put over our eyes. Knowledge is a reference to our relationship with the Lord, which relationship will determine the level of intelligence that we receive. This is all according to our repentance and God's grace. God's spirit increases if we have less resistance. If we make the diameter of the hose larger, the current will increase and flow. To be “awakened” by the Lord is the quickening of the spirit according to the resurrection of light, the gift of the Holy Ghost which brings us into the presence of the Lord. These are literally pillars of light. The Lord increases his pressure when we are baptized by fire, and more glory is sent down the channel into our hearts and minds. The gift of the Holy Ghost is to change our spirits to a higher more open state; literally decreasing our resistance and opening up the channel.

Think of God's glory like the rays of sun, or the crown/halo/nimbus/aureole of intelligence extending from the head. It's like an amoeba with pseudopods, or temporary arm-like projections, almost like tendrils or vines. I know this sounds weird, but I can see it in my minds eye. The vines are like strings, and connect themselves to the children of Light; these are the channels of God. The strings must be continually tuned to create harmony. God's vibrations and glory will increase as we open these furrows. The larger they become, the more explosive these currents are, and the deeper resonance they have. It's like a symphony.

This is expressed in the symbology of the rod of Iron and the baptism of water.

In the final judgment, individuals are divided and sent to their place of glory. Those who were filthy remain filthy and are consigned to the telestial kingdom if they did not ascend to terrestrial glory through the baptism of fire and holy ghost. If they were sinful at death, they will remain sinful (their sinful state continues in their next life). They must endure another cycle of telestiality until they will repent and come unto Christ. Some will sadly remain telestial for eons and eons.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Exactly! This is what I was trying to explain, and failed miserably.

Alexander wrote: March 21st, 2021, 10:13 pm This realm is the telestial realm/kingdom.