better late than never

Tell us about yourself...
ransomme
captain of 1,000

better late than never

Post by ransomme »

So perhaps some have seen me make a splash in a forum or two on here already so I thought I might as well post a formal greeting. Hello there!

I'll try to be brief while also thorough. I was born in the middle of Generation X, and was born and raised halfway between Hollywood and Disneyland. I have only ever been a registered independent and agree with Presidents Washington and Adams on political parties being evil, putting party above the country and so forth. On the political spectrum, I can be found somewhere in the libertarian section. I believe in conspiracy fact, but am not quick to jump on a particular bandwagon, although I keep my mind open. I served a mission in Russia and have been married for 20 years or so. Half as many years ago I moved from crowded southern CA to the Nordics from whence my wife hails. So I speak 2 and a half languages. hahaha.

I grew up in the Church remaining active sans a couple of years in my mid-twenties. I feel that I had a somewhat better than a run-of-the-mill Church upbringing and education in the Gospel. And of course, have moved on into furthering my personal study and contemplation branching out and beyond the classroom for the past 15+ years.

Anyhow, I came to learn and to share. Hit me up by making me a friend or foe, if you prefer! 8-)

God Bless!
Last edited by ransomme on March 11th, 2021, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Re: better late than never

Post by FoundMyEden »

ransomme wrote: March 11th, 2021, 1:10 pm So perhaps some have seen me make a splash in a forum or two on here already so I thought I might as well post a formal greeting. Hello there!

I'll try to be brief while also thorough. I was born in the middle of Generation X, and was born and raised halfway between Hollywood and Disneyland. I have only ever been a registered independent and agree with Presidents Washington and Adams on political parties being evil, putting party about the country and so forth. On the political spectrum, I can be found somewhere in the libertarian section. I believe in conspiracy fact, but am not quick to jump on a particular bandwagon, although I keep my mind open. I served a mission in Russia and have been married for 20 years or so. Half as many years ago I moved from crowded southern CA to the Nordics from whence my wife hails. So I speak 2 and a half languages. hahaha.

I grew up in the Church remaining active sans a couple of years in my mid-twenties. I feel that I had a somewhat better than a run-of-the-mill Church upbringing and education in the Gospel. And of course, have moved on into furthering my personal study and contemplation branching out and beyond the classroom for the past 15+ years.

Anyhow, I came to learn and to share. Hit me up by making me a friend or foe, if you prefer! 8-)

God Bless!
"Better late than never." That's my motto by chance, not choice. ;)

Thanks for sharing your introduction!

NewEliza
captain of 1,000

Post by NewEliza »

Welcome to weirdo Mormon ville

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Welcome to LDSFF, ransomme! I've enjoyed your posts - thanks for being here. :)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

In which Nordic country do you live, or have I misunderstood?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

ransomme wrote: March 11th, 2021, 1:10 pm So perhaps some have seen me make a splash in a forum or two on here already so I thought I might as well post a formal greeting. Hello there!

I'll try to be brief while also thorough. I was born in the middle of Generation X, and was born and raised halfway between Hollywood and Disneyland. I have only ever been a registered independent and agree with Presidents Washington and Adams on political parties being evil, putting party about the country and so forth. On the political spectrum, I can be found somewhere in the libertarian section. I believe in conspiracy fact, but am not quick to jump on a particular bandwagon, although I keep my mind open. I served a mission in Russia and have been married for 20 years or so. Half as many years ago I moved from crowded southern CA to the Nordics from whence my wife hails. So I speak 2 and a half languages. hahaha.

God Bless!
Do you like where you live? Do you plan on ever coming back to the Promised Land ;)?

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

nightlight wrote: March 11th, 2021, 4:08 pm

God Bless!
Do you like where you live? Do you plan on ever coming back to the Promised Land ;)?
We like where we live, but also want to move back. We do talk about the subject often enough. I don't feel prompted to move...yet. I kind of always had an idea in my head of 2025.
Speaking of the promise land, it is interesting to really see the difference of Church members' perceptions of the latter-days, the Endtime and America being a land of Promise.
If/when we moved back it would not be to California though, that much I KNOW. haha

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Robin Hood wrote: March 11th, 2021, 3:40 pm In which Nordic country do you live, or have I misunderstood?
I am in the land of the Finns.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

ransomme wrote: March 11th, 2021, 5:18 pm
Robin Hood wrote: March 11th, 2021, 3:40 pm In which Nordic country do you live, or have I misunderstood?
Tervetuloa. Minä asuin Suomessa pari vuotta 1992-1994, ennen olin Mormon. Meillä oli suomalainen oppilas kun olin high-school:issa USA:ssa. Myös, minulla oli tyttöystävä Suomessa pitka aikana. Mun suomea ei ole niin hyvää, mutta muistan paljon Suomestä. Minä kaippan Suomi. Vielä, mulla on yksi hyvää ystävä siellä. Puhumme Hangouts:issa. Hän on puhumassa lähetystyöntekijain kanssa nyt, mutta hän ei ole varma mitä tehdä. Voi kamala, kirkko on sekoiutus oikeasta ja väärästä nykyään. En tykkä NWO:sta.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Chip wrote: March 11th, 2021, 5:43 pm
ransomme wrote: March 11th, 2021, 5:18 pm
Tervetuloa. Minä asuin Suomessa pari vuotta 1992-1994, ennen olin Mormon. Meillä oli suomalainen oppilas kun olin high-school:issa USA:ssa. Myös, minulla oli tyttöystävä Suomessa pitka aikana. Mun suomea ei ole niin hyvää, mutta muistan paljon Suomestä. Minä kaippan Suomi. Vielä, mulla on yksi hyvää ystävä siellä. Puhumme Hangouts:issa. Hän on puhumassa lähetystyöntekijain kanssa nyt, mutta hän ei ole varma mitä tehdä. Voi kamala, kirkko on sekoiutus oikeasta ja väärästä nykyään. En tykkä NWO:sta.
Ymmerrän, mutta minä en tykkää puhua Suomea, hahaha. Kuin minä sanoin minä puhun kaksi ja puoli kielia, Suomi on mun puoli kielia. :P Missä kaupungissa on sinun ystävä? Minä asun Helsingin lähelä.

Myös, minä sanoisin, että sinä puhut vielä hyvin! Good Job!

NewEliza
captain of 1,000

Post by NewEliza »

ransomme wrote: March 11th, 2021, 5:17 pm

God Bless!
We like where we live, but also want to move back. We do talk about the subject often enough. I don't feel prompted to move...yet. I kind of always had an idea in my head of 2025.
Speaking of the promise land, it is interesting to really see the difference of Church members' perceptions of the latter-days, the Endtime and America being a land of Promise.
If/when we moved back it would not be to California though, that much I KNOW. haha
I was just thinking about how different it must be to be a church member in another country. The teachings about the sacredness of the US constitution and the promised land etc must be quite different.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:) Indeed. :)
NewEliza wrote: March 11th, 2021, 8:15 pm
I was just thinking about how different it must be to be a church member in another country. The teachings about the sacredness of the US constitution and the promised land etc must be quite different.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

God Bless!
yeah, it really is different. I know many in the States that are almost hyperaware, whereas outside I think it generally flies under their radar. I did speak to a born and bred Australian about it recently (he broached the topic) and he waiting for his personal call to move to the States. So I think there are some few but far between ones.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

God Bless!
That is because the spirit of the gathering was quenched, actually snuffed out. Back in the beginning, for the first 60 plus years the converts from all over the world were quite seized with the Spirit of gathering that was unresistable. I think that is going to change back sometime here shortly as Isreal must be gathered.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

ransomme wrote: March 11th, 2021, 5:18 pm I am in the land of the Finns.
Fellow LDSFF member 'darknesstolight' is from Finland, as well; not sure which area.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

NewEliza wrote: March 11th, 2021, 3:01 pm Welcome to weirdo Mormon ville
LDSFF is the land of the Funny Mormon Outerwear. :lol:

Baysimove
captain of 100

Post by Baysimove »

It's always better to be late than never at all. Thanks for your introduction!

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

EmmaLee wrote: March 12th, 2021, 10:11 am
ransomme wrote: March 11th, 2021, 5:18 pm I am in the land of the Finns.
Fellow LDSFF member 'darknesstolight' is from Finland, as well; not sure which area.
thanks, we chatted and my wife is friends on facebook with his whole family. haha small world