Hello from New Hampshire

Tell us about yourself...
harp master
captain of 100

Hello from New Hampshire

Post by harp master »

My name is Jim and would like to thank you for accepting me on the forum. I'm not LDS but as opposed to many Christians I know I've never had an issue with Mormons. I do have problems with many in mainstream Christianity, especially the notorious well known evangelicals.

I'm a fan of "The Piano Guys" and have bought a few of their music books. One of my goals in life is to visit the Mormon Tabernacle.

God bless...

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Hello from New Hampshire

Post by Elizabeth »

:) Welcome Jim.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Welcome Jim/harp master! Beautiful part of the country you live in. Thank you for joining us. :)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

harp master wrote: March 9th, 2021, 6:07 pm My name is Jim and would like to thank you for accepting me on the forum. I'm not LDS but as opposed to many Christians I know I've never had an issue with Mormons. I do have problems with many in mainstream Christianity, especially the notorious well known evangelicals.

I'm a fan of "The Piano Guys" and have bought a few of their music books. One of my goals in life is to visit the Mormon Tabernacle.

God bless...
Welcome to the forum and greetings from the old country.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

We are no longer "Mormons" either hahaha

Anyhow good to make acquaintances! And welcome.

Baysimove
captain of 100

Post by Baysimove »

Hello Jim! Welcome.

harp master
captain of 100

Post by harp master »

goodbye everyone Sherwin is a full blown arrogant jerk

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

harp master wrote: March 29th, 2021, 10:15 pm goodbye everyone Sherwin is a full blown arrogant jerk
:D this is an interesting post.. :P

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

harp master wrote: March 29th, 2021, 10:15 pm goodbye everyone Sherwin is a full blown arrogant jerk
Better not mean a 'goodbye everyone' like you're never coming back to the forum!

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

He thinks he is the Davidic Servant. Just steer clear. You don’t have to engage with those that bother you.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Lol, poor Jim. Hope he stumbles this way again

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

Hello Jim. Don't worry about some on the forum. I skip over their posts.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Luke wrote: March 30th, 2021, 3:27 pm Lol, poor Jim. Hope he stumbles this way again

He do good threads!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Dude, all you have to do is put him on ignore ("foe" list). That way all of his posts are hidden from your view. You can see them if you like, but you don't have to.

harp master
captain of 100

Post by harp master »

About me
I grew up in a small New Hampshire town and went to Catholic school. My parents wanted me to go to Catholic High School but I was against it so I went to Pembroke Academy in Pembroke NH.

While in the Army in West Germany - 72-75 it all began when someone told me Jesus was going to return and showed me Mathew 24. I went to his church and eventually decided to become a minister, bought all the books, and backed out after a few years even though I was thrown into the position of 'fellowship leader' in a Munich military Chapel of a small congregation. Then I went to a bible college in California and hated it. I knew I was being indoctrinated to believe what that church believed. So I got out.

At one point or another over the years I was a deacon, trustee, or Sunday School teacher and never cared for it. I hated the arguing between deacons and trustees.

For over 30 years I hid my biblical Unitarian beliefs. I just don't accept the Trinity doctrine. One day while speaking to someone they suggested I start a website so I did. For maybe 12 years I had a 60 or so page web site. I took it down because I was totally disgruntled with the typical follower of Jesus Christ for a number of reasons. Too many to mention.

I got so fed up with Christians that I wanted out. I was done. Sick and tired of all the endless doctrinal disagreements. Sick of the constant bickering over petty issues. Sick of one Christian condemning another especially over Trinity, Sabbath keeping, and fed right up with Seventh Day Adventist. Sick of Pentecostals and self-appointed prophets. Sick of the sarcasm and belittling attitude of so many Christians to the point to where I was seriously wondering if Christianity was true considering how bad these 'Jesus Followers' were. They were no different than non-Christians - even worse.

So in early 2017 I burned every bible and Christian hard cover resource book I've had since the 70's. Probably over $2,000 worth of study resource books, not paper backs. Vines, Wuest, Strongs, Barclay, 5 or 6 bibles - everything went up in flames in a brush pile. And I took down my web site. I was done. My Pentecostal cousin also had a lot to do with it. Talk about corrupt. Today I’m a member of the nones and dones. I‘m done with Christianity and no longer want to be associated with ‘religion’. (nones)

When Desert Storm broke out that's when I and many other people started taking a second look at the prophetic scenario we were being led to believe. That's when I started changing my mind. I've probably studied - not just read - everything about every side of eschatology there is.

I'll be honest. Christianity/Christians have cause more stress in my life than anything. I'm trying to avoid completely giving up. I won’t share my content on ANY forum if I have to deal with idiotic belittling little punks who say the inspired Word of God is WRONG (7th seal opens first and the first seal opens last) and I lack comprehension. Sorry folks - anybody who believes the seventh seal opens first and then accuses me of lacking comprehension is a full blown idiot.

Before I took down my site I had a page titled, “Stupid Christians” but took it down because it was a bit rough.

Looks like IF I ever bring it back - that page will be restored.

Every year a 10 category survey is taken to determine which country is the most ‘stupid’ developed country in the world. For the first time America was #1 in every category.

Any Christian who believes the 7th seal opens FIRST is a full blown idiot and an abomination to the Lord.
Last edited by harp master on April 25th, 2021, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great8
captain of 100

Post by Great8 »

harp master wrote: March 9th, 2021, 6:07 pm My name is Jim and would like to thank you for accepting me on the forum. I'm not LDS but as opposed to many Christians I know I've never had an issue with Mormons. I do have problems with many in mainstream Christianity, especially the notorious well known evangelicals.

God bless...
Welcome! How far from Derry?

harp master
captain of 100

Post by harp master »

I just moved out of Groton, NH and now live in Concord. I worked at an engineering company in Manchester and retired in 2016. I know Derry and Londonderry well. We did a lot of drilling there. Is that where you're from?

Theoden76
captain of 100

Post by Theoden76 »

God bless...
I, personally, appreciate anyone who has tolerance for those who believe differently.

Thank you for your post.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

harp master wrote: April 25th, 2021, 7:38 pm Any Christian who believes the 7th seal opens FIRST is a full blown idiot and an abomination to the Lord.
Well, it doesn't make sense to me that the 7th seal would open before the 1st. The Bible seems pretty plain that they are opened in order.

As you've seen, people have all sorts of opinions here. They run the gamut from making zero sense/being totally off the wall to making a lot of sense - and everything in between. Of course, we probably all have different views as to who is in which category.

harp master
captain of 100

Post by harp master »

Theoden76 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 10:31 pm

God bless...
I, personally, appreciate anyone who has tolerance for those who believe differently.

Thank you for your post.
Comprehension is often simple and logical. John SAW Jesus open the FIRST seal. Claiming the FIRST seal to be opened is the 7th seal is a clear perversion of God's Prophetic Word. Why is it an outright perversion?

The word 'inspired' means "God breathed or God Spoke". When God spoke to his apostles and prophets He spoke to them in the same language they spoke and understood. John witnessed Jesus open the FIRST seal. Claiming that ANOTHER seal opens other than what is described as the FIRST seal is a clear perversion God's Word.

I always welcome other views, but sometimes people come up with outrageous claims that clearly misrepresent simple inspired prophecy. And again, I won't tolerate sarcasm or belittling from people who claim divine revelation while clearly perverting God's Word. Mods need to intervene when post are made that clearly disgrace and distort God's Word.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

harp master wrote: April 26th, 2021, 8:15 am Mods need to intervene when post are made that clearly disgrace and distort God's Word.
I understand your sentiment here but above all I believe that anyone should be able to express their opinion freely here(or anywhere). Even if some view it as heretical.
All should share their opinions or views and let the Spirit guide us to what is truth and what is error.
(Plus we need to hear everyone's opinion so that we know who is wacko and who isn't 😂😁)

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Cruiserdude wrote: April 26th, 2021, 8:45 am
harp master wrote: April 26th, 2021, 8:15 am Mods need to intervene when post are made that clearly disgrace and distort God's Word.
I understand your sentiment here but above all I believe that anyone should be able to express their opinion freely here(or anywhere). Even if some view it as heretical.
All should share their opinions or views and let the Spirit guide us to what is truth and what is error.
(Plus we need to hear everyone's opinion so that we know who is wacko and who isn't 😂😁)
One positive thing I get from this forum is that when one of my ward members or extended family members says something I find incomprehensible, like Nelson is just like Moses, or that we should get vaxxed because the Top 15 are all vaxxed, or that gay marriage should be accepted by the church, I am not shocked at their comment, because I’ve already heard it here. (So thanks, samizdat.)

harp master
captain of 100

Post by harp master »

Heresy is none other than a choice or 'opinion'. There's NO opinion on "How to Count!" It's one thing to claim Babylon is Rome, or Assyria is Russia, or Egypt is America, or the 'mark' is "this or that". It's another to claim John and Jesus made a mistake and don't know how to count by someone who claims divine revelation. That's a perverted abomination that should be dealt with.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

harp master wrote: April 26th, 2021, 9:13 am
Heresy is none other than a choice or 'opinion'. There's NO opinion on "How to Count!" It's one thing to claim Babylon is Rome, or Assyria is Russia, or Egypt is America, or the 'mark' is "this or that". It's another to claim John and Jesus made a mistake and don't know how to count by someone who claims divine revelation. That's a perverted abomination that should be dealt with.
I agree we have to deal with a 'heresy', but again, I believe it is best 'dealt' with within our own little personal spheres of stewardship.... by simply ignoring it. Doesn't affect or impact me.
I believe this to be a key liberty of ours.
All of us are at different levels or stages of our eternal progression.
I haven't had much luck actually trying to convince someone of anything over the internet. That's the spirit's role. We testify of truth and then we move on. The spirit will touch those that are ready for truth and progress and they will make changes and believe as they are led by heeding the spirit.
For me, it's as simple as that.

harp master
captain of 100

Post by harp master »

I agree we have to deal with a 'heresy', but again, I believe it is best 'dealt' with within our own little personal spheres of stewardship.... by simply ignoring it. Doesn't affect or impact me.
I ignored it and it didn't affect or impact me until he began making it about me and how I lack comprehension for disagreeing with him that the seals open in reverse order. What Sherwin did was beyond heresy. In fact it's close to blasphemy and damnable heresy.

Blasphemy comes from the word 'blax' and means sluggish and stupid - the word 'blato' which means to injure - and the word 'pheme' which means speech. In short, it means stupid speech that injures and defames the Divine Majesty. Sherwin claims he knows better that God Almighty, Jesus Christ, and the the Prophet John of Patmos. That's borderline blasphemy against the holy spirit, borderline anti-Christ, AKA - borderline damnable heresy. He no doubt fills the biblical criteria of a false prophet and blasphemy and the forum should quell these people.

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men."

Was it the holy spirit that led John to write?

"And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

What did John see?

"And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals."

The 7th seal is where the trumpets begin to sound and more severe judgment come. The events of the first seal are NOT the same events as the those of the first trump. To say the seventh seal opens first makes John a false prophet.
I haven't had much luck actually trying to convince someone of anything over the internet. That's the spirit's role. We testify of truth and then we move on. The spirit will touch those that are ready for truth and progress and they will make changes and believe as they are led by heeding the spirit.

For me, it's as simple as that.
I'm not here to convince people but to disclose a different view that most are unaware of. Sherwin believes his foolish interpretation of the seals opening in reverse order comes from the spirit. That makes him a blasphemer and a false prophet which is beyond typical heresy. It's OK to speculate, but when someone makes outrageous claims that can only be interpreted that John, Jesus, and God were wrong - that ADDS to and takes away from the inspired Word...

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."