Have you ever met someone that you somehow knew before?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Aprhys
captain of 1,000

Have you ever met someone that you somehow knew before?

Post by Aprhys »

Sorry for the double post. I posted this and I am not sure how it ended up in the "news," category so I will repost it here in hopes of getting some more replies. Maybe this has been gone over before. I did a search but couldn't find anything. My question is this. Have you ever met someone for the first time and had this connection as if you knew them before. Perhaps in the pre-existence or in a previous life (if you believe in reincarnation.) I mean someone that you see for the first time and they see you and immediately you recognize their spirit. I am not talking about romantically or in a lustful manner if this person happens to be of the opposite sex. Its as if you have some spiritual connection as if you have ran into a long lost friend from 50 years ago and you both can recognize it. Any such experienced?

Rwp
captain of 100

Re: Have you ever met someone that you somehow knew before?

Post by Rwp »

Yes! This happened in my childhood and teenage years very frequently. Less now, but I meet less people now.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

Yes, many times. I no longer believe in reincarnation. I KNOW it. I have KNOWN it since about 1985. Because I realize some of the mistakes I made in the last round previously, I am trying to make amends in this round. My first wife this round, was my firsat wife last time. My second wife was a wife a few centuries back. And my third wife this round, was the second wife last time.

First though, I want to tell you about my niece when she was around 7 to 11 years old. She was still having problems peeing in bed. So my sister & Mom would have to wake her up & walk her asleep or half asleep to the bathroom down the hall. Quite a few times she would say, "in my past life ...". Later, they realized they should have written down whatever she said. Sadly they didn't. My niece's daughter started telling the family about her Grandfather Byron (one of my two best friends I was raised up with. She would actually see & converse with him.

Anyways, as to one episode. This was around the mid 1990s. I was attending RLDS in Bryan. Two new families moved into the area & were church members. They were related. One of the families, the guy felt very familar & we hit it off great. But the odd thing was, I kept wanting to call him Paul. But his name was John. I would constantly almost have to bit my lip to change to correct his name. I figured it was due to his wife named Paula. That is, until I ran across a picture book. And there he was. He was one of my best friends in the last round. Guess what his name was back then? Yep, it was Paul. I knew then why I could not keep from thinking his name was Paul instead of John.

And the other family, they had two daughters & a son. The younger daughter (Danielle) was killed in a car accident (died at the hospital 30 minutes later). She was friends with my daughter at church & in high school. Surprisingly, she is now my Granddaughter & just turned 13 this past summer. And yes, I have already shared a brief to her about it. I don't think I have shared it with my daughter yet. My current daughter (with 1st wife), was a step-daughter last round. One of the two step-daughters (of my 2nd wife this round), was the other step-daughter last round. And my step-daughter currently (from 3rd Wife now), was my mother in the last round. About a month ago, we had a long conversation (in text) on Skype. I shared with her who she had been, some of the traits & such, those from her current biological Dad, and that she was going to have to work overtime to overcome some of them, but that she could. She is 26 and in Kiev. She went by the next day to tell Mama we had a big discussion. She told Elena (my third wife currently) that Daddy is so cool & full of wisdom. You know, when your kid says something like that, you really have to smile, and just maybe you can help prevent them from learning much of life's lessons so they can excel.

What can you say, it's all about family, including the whole human race, but it seems we do tend to come back in our groups, again & again & again.

Now, here's the kicker. Somehow my brain & mind does some sort of Sub-Skull Structure Analysis. In other words, it overlays a current face over an older (previous one) & in a sense shows a match. You see there are certain items that we carry over from lifetime to lifetime. That includes voice prints. Yes, there have been a few who have had their voice compared to one in a past life & they matched. Of course, sometimes the voice may be a different octave.

And I always share one simple 4 verse excerpt from the Apocrypha where the ONE explains to Baruch (a prophet & the scribe for Jeremiah) as to his question of how will the raising of the dead really take place. It is by recognizing each other. I'll try to post it Tuesday night.

Some new research by a medical doctor named Walter Semkiw (was President John Adams in a past life) has book titled 'Return of the Revolutionaries: The Case for Reincarnation and Soul Groups Reunited'. He currently has a huge website with much research shared. We might understand better if we see behind the curtain so to speak. For instance, Ted Cruz was Joseph McCarhy in a past life. You know, the one (an elected official) who started falsely accusing almost everybody of being a communist.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Lynn wrote: March 8th, 2021, 10:30 pm Yes, many times. I no longer believe in reincarnation. I KNOW it. I have KNOWN it since about 1985. Because I realize some of the mistakes I made in the last round previously, I am trying to make amends in this round. My first wife this round, was my firsat wife last time. My second wife was a wife a few centuries back. And my third wife this round, was the second wife last time.

First though, I want to tell you about my niece when she was around 7 to 11 years old. She was still having problems peeing in bed. So my sister & Mom would have to wake her up & walk her asleep or half asleep to the bathroom down the hall. Quite a few times she would say, "in my past life ...". Later, they realized they should have written down whatever she said. Sadly they didn't. My niece's daughter started telling the family about her Grandfather Byron (one of my two best friends I was raised up with. She would actually see & converse with him.

Anyways, as to one episode. This was around the mid 1990s. I was attending RLDS in Bryan. Two new families moved into the area & were church members. They were related. One of the families, the guy felt very familar & we hit it off great. But the odd thing was, I kept wanting to call him Paul. But his name was John. I would constantly almost have to bit my lip to change to correct his name. I figured it was due to his wife named Paula. That is, until I ran across a picture book. And there he was. He was one of my best friends in the last round. Guess what his name was back then? Yep, it was Paul. I knew then why I could not keep from thinking his name was Paul instead of John.

And the other family, they had two daughters & a son. The younger daughter (Danielle) was killed in a car accident (died at the hospital 30 minutes later). She was friends with my daughter at church & in high school. Surprisingly, she is now my Granddaughter & just turned 13 this past summer. And yes, I have already shared a brief to her about it. I don't think I have shared it with my daughter yet. My current daughter (with 1st wife), was a step-daughter last round. One of the two step-daughters (of my 2nd wife this round), was the other step-daughter last round. And my step-daughter currently (from 3rd Wife now), was my mother in the last round. About a month ago, we had a long conversation (in text) on Skype. I shared with her who she had been, some of the traits & such, those from her current biological Dad, and that she was going to have to work overtime to overcome some of them, but that she could. She is 26 and in Kiev. She went by the next day to tell Mama we had a big discussion. She told Elena (my third wife currently) that Daddy is so cool & full of wisdom. You know, when your kid says something like that, you really have to smile, and just maybe you can help prevent them from learning much of life's lessons so they can excel.

What can you say, it's all about family, including the whole human race, but it seems we do tend to come back in our groups, again & again & again.

Now, here's the kicker. Somehow my brain & mind does some sort of Sub-Skull Structure Analysis. In other words, it overlays a current face over an older (previous one) & in a sense shows a match. You see there are certain items that we carry over from lifetime to lifetime. That includes voice prints. Yes, there have been a few who have had their voice compared to one in a past life & they matched. Of course, sometimes the voice may be a different octave.

And I always share one simple 4 verse excerpt from the Apocrypha where the ONE explains to Baruch (a prophet & the scribe for Jeremiah) as to his question of how will the raising of the dead really take place. It is by recognizing each other. I'll try to post it Tuesday night.

Some new research by a medical doctor named Walter Semkiw (was President John Adams in a past life) has book titled 'Return of the Revolutionaries: The Case for Reincarnation and Soul Groups Reunited'. He currently has a huge website with much research shared. We might understand better if we see behind the curtain so to speak. For instance, Ted Cruz was Joseph McCarhy in a past life. You know, the one (an elected official) who started falsely accusing almost everybody of being a communist.
I am sure you are sincere in your belief, but I absolutely do not share it.
I can think of nothing more futile and cruel than constantly re-living mortality.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

I had a brief view of what I assumed to be my pre-earth life, and conversations and actions that took place there, and saw that I knew my husband before this life, and also another person I was familiar with. I was also told that I had a mission to be the mother to my son (the only one born at that time). When my husband and I were sealed, the sealer said that our future children were there looking on.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Robin Hood wrote: March 9th, 2021, 9:48 am
Lynn wrote: March 8th, 2021, 10:30 pm Yes, many times. I no longer believe in reincarnation. I KNOW it. I have KNOWN it since about 1985. Because I realize some of the mistakes I made in the last round previously, I am trying to make amends in this round. My first wife this round, was my firsat wife last time. My second wife was a wife a few centuries back. And my third wife this round, was the second wife last time.

I am sure you are sincere in your belief, but I absolutely do not share it.
I can think of nothing more futile and cruel than constantly re-living mortality.
Luckily you have a veil so you don't have to remember it all the time. It's the plan of happiness, though, so if you're not happy, maybe you're doing it wrong.

JSmith
captain of 100

Post by JSmith »

Aprhys wrote: March 8th, 2021, 8:24 pm Sorry for the double post. I posted this and I am not sure how it ended up in the "news," category so I will repost it here in hopes of getting some more replies. Maybe this has been gone over before. I did a search but couldn't find anything. My question is this. Have you ever met someone for the first time and had this connection as if you knew them before. Perhaps in the pre-existence or in a previous life (if you believe in reincarnation.) I mean someone that you see for the first time and they see you and immediately you recognize their spirit. I am not talking about romantically or in a lustful manner if this person happens to be of the opposite sex. Its as if you have some spiritual connection as if you have ran into a long lost friend from 50 years ago and you both can recognize it. Any such experienced?
Yes. I have a very good friend who I met when we were teenagers and we have both always felt that there was a pre-existing relationship between us.

This person is of the opposite sex, but there is no romantic link. We have just always been good friends and drawn to each other in one way or another, and been present for most of the definitive events of our lives.

Even today, she is married with her family, I am married with mine, but we are all friends in common.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

First of all, I recognize that everybody has the right to believe in whatever they choose, as long as they do not hurt someone. And I will fight or demand that they be given that right. But as to me believing, that was out the window some 35 years ago.There is a great difference in belief (1st stage), faith (2nd stage), and Knowledge (3rd step- "fruition" as per Jesus). Yes, sometimes it is a burden. But on the other hand, it helps you to overcome past problems. To see where you have been & how or why you should alter yourself for the better.

There is an old saying, "Belief in reincarnation is not necessary, you will reincarnate anyway."

Anyway, here is that snip from Baruch I promised-

This is a simple & concise 4 verse treatise on reincarnation from the Syriac Apocalypse of Baruch:

from 'The Apocryphal Old Testament' 1984 edited by H.F.D. Sparks Oxford Press

p.869-
Syriac Apocalypse of Baruch 50:1-4 (in quotations below).

Baruch was scribe to Jeremiah, as well as a prophet. This was around the era of 585 BC, just before the destruction of Jerusalem.

"And HE answered and said to me, Listen, Baruch, to what I say, and keep a record in your mind of everything you learn.

For the Earth will certainly restore the dead it now receives so as to preserve them: it will make no change in their form, but as it has received them, so it will restore them, and as I delivered them to it, so also will it raise them.

For those who are then alive must be shown that the dead have come to life again, and that those who had departed have returned.

And when they have recognized those they know now, then the judgement will begin, and what you have been told already will come to pass."

+++++++++++++++++

1st verse- In solemn thought & meditation, Baruch has asked the ONE to explain how something is to occur. And the fact that he is also instructed to "keep a record" which means to retain this memory in a future life, as well as in recording it, so that it will assist in understanding.

2nd verse- There are certain scriptures that seem to suggest that bones will literally come out of the earth to reform their original physical body. However, what the reference is, simply means that we (in our early body come forth from the dust or earth, then return to the same in death of the physical body). The portion that says it will make no change in their form, refers to several characterics that resurface when we reincarnate. First is that the facial features remain the same, in a sense, the sub structure of the face or such, remains the same. The body can be alterred, such as large, small, and so on. Another is in the voice structure. Our sound waves are identical (if we could compare from the past life to the present life). This has already been proven. Certain traits & characterics bleed through from the past lives into future lives.

3rd verse- This further explains that some will need to instruct others, in order so they might understand how this process of restoration is being worked out.

4th verse- Once quite a few have realized how this process is coming about, then what has been foretold, will come to pass. In other words, the prophecies that spoke of this time will be fulfilled.

++++++++++++++++++

*** Further, take note that the term in the Bible of "raising the dead". It is actually is a rendering of the Egyptian term "raising of the djed". This refers to the "raising of the pillars of consciousness / awareness", not in the physical sense but mental & spiritual.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

As a Christian, I emphatically and respectfully reject re-incarnation. It denies and defies the Atonement of Jesus Christ, sets at naught the doctrine of the Pre-Mortal Existence and both robs and mocks the great Christian pillars of justuce and mercy. Having said that, there are some times that I know that I have met someone that I knew in the spiritual life with Father

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Yes. Absolutely.

The strongest was an investigator on my mission. I recognized him as someone once very close to me, like a brother - yet his face looked like no one I'd ever seen. Totally foreign to me.

We visited with them (he and his wife). He had a question that I had too, and couldn't answer. They dropped us after a few visits.
Aprhys wrote: March 8th, 2021, 8:24 pm Sorry for the double post. I posted this and I am not sure how it ended up in the "news," category so I will repost it here in hopes of getting some more replies. Maybe this has been gone over before. I did a search but couldn't find anything. My question is this. Have you ever met someone for the first time and had this connection as if you knew them before. Perhaps in the pre-existence or in a previous life (if you believe in reincarnation.) I mean someone that you see for the first time and they see you and immediately you recognize their spirit. I am not talking about romantically or in a lustful manner if this person happens to be of the opposite sex. Its as if you have some spiritual connection as if you have ran into a long lost friend from 50 years ago and you both can recognize it. Any such experienced?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I never thought of reincarnation with any of these people. I just figured we were friends in the premortal life.

Seeker of Truth
captain of 10

Post by Seeker of Truth »

I have never had that feeling like I have previously known anyone. However Reincarnation / Multiple Mortal Probations is True (realizing these terms are often used interchangeably but are not the same thing) . If you are LDS and you reject MMP then you also reject that Christ was the only perfect person to live on the earth (see D&C 107:43 According to Joseph Smiths Revelations Seth was Also Perfect). You would also have to reject that experiencing mortal life to become like god is un-necessary since a large portion of individuals die at infancy

If Christ or the early apostles didn't believe in MMP then why would they say something like was said here in Mathew 16? Why would anyone suggest that Christ was a prophet from a previous dispensation?? It Does not even make sense unless you look at it from a MMP perspective

Mathew 16:13
Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

AGoodGlobalCitizen
captain of 100

Post by AGoodGlobalCitizen »

I believe it happens. I'm not sure if it has happened for me

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

If people truly recognized themselves from the past & realize some of the karma (action & reaction / eye for eye, tooth for tooth) they set into motion, they should try to adjust in this life to make amends. Yes, we should take responsibility & change the future to be better.

While many may think that reincarnation is not in line with the Bible, there are countless portions here & there that suggest it is in play. Such as nothing new under the Sun, "reknown",

Many first will quote the verse in the NT- Hebrews 9:27 that states, "As it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement." And claim it says it right there, that we only have one life in this physical realm. But that is a shallow translation or interpretation. Allow me to explain. It is what is referred to as a collective statement. One clue is the plural, which is men. The other, is that it is referring to a "stage" in Mankind's development. In the Far East, there are 4 "Ages", Stages, or Cycles. The current one we are in, is called Kali-Yuga. It is the age of Mankind's Death/Destruction/Transformation. In other words, this is the cycle that mankind dies, again & again. It is also the Age of Opposition, Good & Evil. "There must needs be an opposition in all things", as the Book of Mormon states. In so, thay mankind might learn & transform for the better.

As you know, Moses gave the "Law". This Law was of karma, as you sow, you reap. An eye for an eye, tooth for tooth. For ever action, there is a reaction.

And then comes Jesus who represents the Law of Grace. Many say he replaced Moses' law. That is not true, even Jesus stated he did not come to do away with the Law, but to fulfill it. Matthew (IV 5:19/ KJV 5:17) John 1:17 What did he mean?

Later, when several of the 12 disciples were about to heal someone in the AG of the NT, they asked the Master that when they healed someone by the Sacred NAME/WORD, were they paying their debts off. Jesus interjected & stated directly that nobody can pay the debts of others. By the Sacred NAME/WORD, they are transforming the debt to be paid in a more gracious manner. In other words, they are allowed to be healed (their afflictions are alterred), in order to serve their fellow beings. Meaning they were to sacrifice themselves to help others.

Some will say that by accepting Jesus, your sins are forgiven. That is true, but the debts still must be paid. In fact, Jesus stated it as that which you meted or measured out, shall be meted or measured back unto you. As you judge others, you will be judged in the same manner. Matthew 7:2-3,21/ Mark 4:20/ Luke 6:37-38) So the law of Moses is still in effect, but that Jesus opened the way of repayment of those debts with grace, a higher law. Therefore sins & debts are two different things.

With reincarnation in play, it shows that God is just & treats everyone equal. For example, a child dies early, be it from a disease or car accident. How fair is that, while some live to retirement age or over? It shows there is balance, and that WE should take the responsibility to make this physical life better for ourselves & others. Too many people claim, you just wait till Jesus comes. As if they wish somebody else to take the responsibility

Isn't it ironic, in the Legends of the Jews, Elijah is to turn the hearts of the children to the parents & visa-versa? In other words, until that is done, Messiah will not come or be revealed. There is a story (I will paraphrase it) of two Jewish priests, in which a guy wants to learn everything about the laws, but does not have the time to go through all the training & time. The first priest explain he must learn all 613 laws. But then gets frustated by the one who has requested it. The man turns to the other priest, who explains that we should Love God with all our Heart & Soul. And that we should Love our neighbor as ourselves. And that the rest is commentary. In other words, it is abiout Love & Respect for each other even if we disagree on things. In other words, those 613 laws, or even the 10 Commandments, has a golden thread running through them, which is Love. Even Jesus explained this.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Dave62 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 1:20 am As a Christian, I emphatically and respectfully reject re-incarnation. It denies and defies the Atonement of Jesus Christ, sets at naught the doctrine of the Pre-Mortal Existence and both robs and mocks the great Christian pillars of justuce and mercy. Having said that, there are some times that I know that I have met someone that I knew in the spiritual life with Father
There are scriptures that speak of multiple probations:

Matthew 16:14-15 "Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets". Why did the people even consider that a living person could be someone who had already died?

John 9:2 "And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" How is a man able to sin before he is born?

John the Baptist
John 1:19-25 "And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?" Pause right there. Why are they asking the already famous John the Baptist who he is? Continuing, "What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?" The JST version says that John denied them NOT when they asked if he was Elias.

JST Mark 9:3 "3 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses, or in other words, John the Baptist and Moses; and they were talking with Jesus." This translation from Joseph has baffled modern scholars. Why would Joseph say "Elias... or in other words, John the Baptist"? In the previous quote, John denied them NOT that he was Elias.

D&C 27:7 "...and his name should be John, and he should be filled with the spirit of Elias” Of course this could be a metaphor that John would have a similar spirit or mission to that of Elias, but the direct language could also be an unmistakable pronunciation that John and Elias are the same person.

There is a reason Christ's suffering is called an "infinite atonement."

Consider this also, there are two references to Christ's "condescensions" in the Book of Mormon, emphasizing the plural sense of the word, indicating that the spirit of the Savior lived among men in the flesh more than once (2 Nephi 9:53; Jacob 4:7)

Add to this the apocryphal writing of the "Ascensions of Isaiah", which clearly states Isaiah's many "robes", or bodies that he had previously had.

mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Post by mahalanobis »

Aprhys wrote: March 8th, 2021, 8:24 pm Have you ever met someone that you somehow knew before?
Yes. The best example I have occurred in the MTC with my District President (or whatever they're called --- the older guys who are basically your bishop that you only see on Sundays).

He looked so familiar to me it was uncanny. After a while, he came up to me and said the same thing. We both felt it. We chatted for a while and could not figure out where we had met. We had completely different backgrounds, 100% disconnected social circles so far as we could tell. We were from different states and many decades difference in age. It still blows my mind that we both independently recognized this.

Interestingly enough, I didn't like his leadership style, LOL! I don't think we would have hit it off as good friends, but clearly we knew each other in the spirit realm (or in a prior life). I'm open minded to MMP, but I don't dedicate much thought to it or lose sleep over the mechanics of how it might work. Either way it's pretty interesting.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Never although plenty of people do look alike so I often confuse them

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

Some possibilities to explain this would include the concept of multiple mortal probations, or simply having known someone quite well in the pre-existence, or cellular memory passed down to us in our DNA from our ancestors. Or it could just be deja-vu. :)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Redpilled Mormon wrote: February 1st, 2023, 6:40 pm Some possibilities to explain this would include the concept of multiple mortal probations, or simply having known someone quite well in the pre-existence, or cellular memory passed down to us in our DNA from our ancestors. Or it could just be deja-vu. :)
Or just a lot of people looking alike.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Lots of times, including some people on this forum. A few of them remember, too.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Niemand wrote: February 1st, 2023, 12:40 pm Never although plenty of people do look alike so I often confuse them
Brother, we need to change your username to
"He Who Resurrects Old Threads".....😁

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

blitzinstripes wrote: February 1st, 2023, 7:00 pm
Niemand wrote: February 1st, 2023, 12:40 pm Never although plenty of people do look alike so I often confuse them
I've just been looking up a few keywords. I don't tend to look at the dates. 😉

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I'm going to write a few posts on Pseudepigrapha but some of these books like Jasher and Enoch already have a few of their own threads, so I thought it would be better to use those than start new ones.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I love resurrecting old threads. 😁