Kia Ora

Tell us about yourself...
aheavenwardwahine
Hi, I'm new.

Kia Ora

Post by aheavenwardwahine »

Hello! I'm still a relatively new member of the Church but very happy to be here.

I was baptized by the lovely sister missionaries last June and since then my life has been a rollercoaster of personal Revelations.

Eventually I came across LDSFF while searching online for opinions and resources and this seems like the place to be, to me.

The majority of my ward is composed of a much older generation, and whilst they're really very lovely people, even within my stake the age differences are very stark.

My dear friend Ashley was the instigator to me finding my own branch towards the Savior, her testimony's and actions are so strong they couldn't be ignored and because of her dedication to righteousness it's made me want to find more people who share in that goal.

However, with Covid this has been particularly difficult. When the ward is open there are very few attendees due to the age ranges, and those who are able to attend live quite some distance from me. There is little opportunity to mingle, all things said.

So, here I am on the forum, hoping to connect with others who can enable me (even only as a template!) to be better and fulfill good choices.

Hope you are feeling well, and if you're not, remember those covenants superscede even the worst of days!

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Re: Kia Ora

Post by Alexander »

Welcome my friend

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

aheavenwardwahine wrote: ↑March 5th, 2021, 2:02 pm Hello! I'm still a relatively new member of the Church but very happy to be here.

I was baptized by the lovely sister missionaries last June and since then my life has been a rollercoaster of personal Revelations.

Eventually I came across LDSFF while searching online for opinions and resources and this seems like the place to be, to me.

The majority of my ward is composed of a much older generation, and whilst they're really very lovely people, even within my stake the age differences are very stark.

My dear friend Ashley was the instigator to me finding my own branch towards the Savior, her testimony's and actions are so strong they couldn't be ignored and because of her dedication to righteousness it's made me want to find more people who share in that goal.

However, with Covid this has been particularly difficult. When the ward is open there are very few attendees due to the age ranges, and those who are able to attend live quite some distance from me. There is little opportunity to mingle, all things said.

So, here I am on the forum, hoping to connect with others who can enable me (even only as a template!) to be better and fulfill good choices.

Hope you are feeling well, and if you're not, remember those covenants superscede even the worst of days!
Welcome to the forum.
There are a lot of diverse opinions expressed by varied folk on this forum.
Some people are the salt of the earth, some opinions are not worth a pinch of salt.
But in the main the forum is frequented by people who are just trying to make sense of the world around them and the times in which we live.
There are as many opinions as members, so you will always find common cause with some, as well as regular disagreement with others.
There are keyboard warriors as well as keyboard worriers, the strongly opinionated and those less sure.
But all in all it can be a very rewarding experience.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Aloha

Libertas
captain of 100

Post by Libertas »

Welcome to the forum

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

aheavenwardwahine wrote: ↑March 5th, 2021, 2:02 pm Hello! I'm still a relatively new member of the Church but very happy to be here.

Welcome and I love your story!
I got a huge smile on my face when I got to the part where you told of your shining bright friend Ashley and how good and righteous she is😁😁😁and how that influences others around..... I guess I just love the plan of salvation and reading stories like yours that testify of how true it really is!
Thanks for sharing😎

aheavenwardwahine
Hi, I'm new.

Post by aheavenwardwahine »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑March 5th, 2021, 4:08 pm

Welcome and I love your story!
I got a huge smile on my face when I got to the part where you told of your shining bright friend Ashley and how good and righteous she is😁😁😁and how that influences others around..... I guess I just love the plan of salvation and reading stories like yours that testify of how true it really is!
Thanks for sharing😎
It really is! In the future I'd like to make a post about how she really did change my life without even intending to and the complex blessings that followed :)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Welcome. I hope you find what you are looking for here.