LDS Church Leaders Congratulate President-Elect Joe Biden

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Re: LDS Church Leaders Congratulate President-Elect Joe Biden

Post by The Red Pill »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: September 20th, 2022, 7:27 pm
Fred wrote: September 20th, 2022, 6:23 pm Denying Trump a genealogy was childish. Certainly not Christ like.
And hypocritical when you consider the alleged non-partisan position of the church. It unwittingly exposed the truth.
Yes...and I believe the non-partisan stance is only meant for the unwashed masses...like you and I. They have demonstrated through their own actions...to be total partisan hacks. Even going so far as to take the role of apologists for the Democrat party...looking at you Oaks and Uchtdorf.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: LDS Church Leaders Congratulate President-Elect Joe Biden

Post by Niemand »

lundbaek wrote: December 18th, 2020, 9:06 am I'm interested to learn other people's takes on why President Trump seems to be detested by people in other countries, especially members of the LDS Church. Would they have been happier if Hillary were POTUS ?
Very negative, one sided reporting for one.

Another thing would be I don't think Trump's rhetoric appealed to most foreigners as it was mostly directed at Americans. Reagan for example did speak to Americans but was good at appealing to sympathetic elements elsewhere.

Stuff like the Mexican Wall and the matter of Obama's birth certificate have little resonance outside the USA. (On the immigration side, when he referred to "****hole countries", that struck more of a chord than the Wall business, because it can apply equally to people arriving in Europe or Australia.)

By the way, I detest Hillary. I said at the time if I'd a vote in it I would have voted for neither. Other people here agreed with me. Biden gets an easier ride but even some anti-Trump types here realise he has memory issues.

I am not a Trump supporter at all. But I do bring up the fact that Trump's presidency was far less warmongering than Obama's or Hillary's would be.