TEXIT

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

TEXIT

Post by ajax »

A Guide To Texas Independence
https://tnm.me/texit

Texitbook.jpeg
Texitbook.jpeg (3.93 KiB) Viewed 1667 times
https://www.amazon.com/Texit-Texas-Will ... 8&qid=&sr=

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: TEXIT

Post by ajax »

Jefferson.png
Jefferson.png (554.28 KiB) Viewed 1652 times

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Quotation-Sam-Houston-Texas-will-again-lift-it-s-head-and-stand-among-13-70-91.jpg
Quotation-Sam-Houston-Texas-will-again-lift-it-s-head-and-stand-among-13-70-91.jpg (115.34 KiB) Viewed 1636 times

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Secede.jpeg
Secede.jpeg (90.06 KiB) Viewed 1624 times

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Secede1.jpeg
Secede1.jpeg (76.16 KiB) Viewed 1624 times

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

TEXIT MATH.jpeg
TEXIT MATH.jpeg (72.08 KiB) Viewed 1614 times

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

440.jpeg
440.jpeg (69.97 KiB) Viewed 1613 times

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: TEXIT Legislation Filed For Next Legislative Session

From state rep Kyle Biedermann's facebook page:
"The federal government is out of control and does not represent the values of Texans. That is why I am committing to file legislation this session that will allow a referendum to give Texans a vote for the State of Texas to reassert its status as an independent nation. This legislation perfectly aligns with Article 1 Section 2 of the Texas Constitution which reads: “All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The faith of the people of Texas stands pledged to the preservation of a republican form of government, and, subject to this limitation only, they have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.” #Texit "

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

ajax wrote: December 8th, 2020, 11:37 am MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: TEXIT Legislation Filed For Next Legislative Session

From state rep Kyle Biedermann's facebook page:
"The federal government is out of control and does not represent the values of Texans. That is why I am committing to file legislation this session that will allow a referendum to give Texans a vote for the State of Texas to reassert its status as an independent nation. This legislation perfectly aligns with Article 1 Section 2 of the Texas Constitution which reads: “All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The faith of the people of Texas stands pledged to the preservation of a republican form of government, and, subject to this limitation only, they have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.” #Texit "
Wow! Does it have to be a contiguous land mass? Could Missouri jump onboard? :)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Is there really any chance of this happening? The last time secession was tried is got messy.
If Texas succeeded, I suspect we would also see Hawaii attempt the same thing.
Which other states have a strong secessionist sentiment?

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SPIRIT »

Robin Hood wrote: December 8th, 2020, 5:01 pm Is there really any chance of this happening? The last time secession was tried is got messy.
hey, what do you know about this.
UK gives 1st COVID -19 Vaccine Dose

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

SPIRIT wrote: December 8th, 2020, 6:01 pm
Robin Hood wrote: December 8th, 2020, 5:01 pm Is there really any chance of this happening? The last time secession was tried is got messy.
hey, what do you know about this.
UK gives 1st COVID -19 Vaccine Dose
Just what I've heard on the news.
I don't watch TV, but sometimes I hear MSM news items on the radio in the car. So I probably know just as much as you.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

ajax wrote: November 29th, 2020, 9:23 pm A Guide To Texas Independence
https://tnm.me/texit

Texitbook.jpeg
https://www.amazon.com/Texit-Texas-Will ... 8&qid=&sr=
I sincerely hope they succeed. It might start a pattern that is more healthy for other states if they (other states) decide to follow suit.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Texas could seceede... or it could split into 5 states and gain republicans 10 senators in the senate... while also dooming republicans to forever lose the house

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Can you imagine if Larry "Secede" Killgore actually wins in Texas? That would make for a good show.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Lexew1899 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 7:09 am Can you imagine if Larry "Secede" Killgore actually wins in Texas? That would make for a good show.
How can you not get a big smile when you listen to him 😁 I will apply(beg) for citizenship if they succeed in this righteous endeavor of removing the evil corrupt federal gubment out of their lives.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Cruiserdude wrote: January 7th, 2021, 7:20 am
Lexew1899 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 7:09 am Can you imagine if Larry "Secede" Killgore actually wins in Texas? That would make for a good show.
How can you not get a big smile when you listen to him 😁 I will apply(beg) for citizenship if they succeed in this righteous endeavor of removing the evil corrupt federal gubment out of their lives.
Yeah, he runs for governor basically every election in Texas. I always vote for him, since the GOP out here is just an elite club of plutocrats.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Lexew1899 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 7:52 am
Yeah, he runs for governor basically every election in Texas. I always vote for him, since the GOP out here is just an elite club of plutocrats.
Are you down there too? Some decent folk from the forum down there, it seems. My brother is in Waco

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Lexew1899 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 7:52 am
Anymore, it seems that's what the GOP has turned into EVERYWHERE. I'm over them(full disclosure I have been for quite a few years, not just from this current stuff) They definitely do not have the people's backs or the people best interests truly at heart. How about a 'Truth' party?
Naaahhh, we just need out of the corrupted system.
#texit

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Previous Independence Referendums Point To The Success Of A TEXIT Vote
https://tnm.me/news/political/previous- ... texit-vote
While skeptics continue to doubt the possibility of TEXIT, historical evidence points to the success had by previous nations who have voted for independence.

An in-depth look into the history of independence referendums shows that out of the 48 referendums held since 1905, when Norway voted to withdraw from Sweden, a whopping 43 have resulted in forming a new independent self-governing nation on the first vote. This equates to an 89.5% success rate. Two other referendums that failed on the first vote subsequently reversed their “no” results on a second referendum.

The one outlier is Quebec, which has held two votes to leave Canada, and remains the only state where an independence referendum is yet to result in a separation in more than a century.

While the Scottish Independence Referendum ultimately ended with negative results—55.3% in favor of “no” to 44.7% voting “yes”— they appear to be headed for a second referendum.

As mentioned, only five independence referendums resulted in defeat—one in Malta, one in Montenegro, two in Quebec, and the referendum in Scotland. However, in Malta and Montenegro, the citizens later reversed their decisions and, a decade later, opted for independence.

Other referendums that have resulted in their country’s independence, including Iceland in 1944, Algeria in 1961, Eritrea in 1993, East Timor in 1999, Montenegro in 2006, Southern Sudan in 2011, and the United Kingdom in 2015.

The historical success of independence referendums shows the odds of a successful TEXIT vote are high should Texans be given the opportunity to vote on the issue.

The Texas Independence Referendum Act can give Texans the vote on independence that they deserve. This proposed legislation will provide Texans with the choice to vote and become a self-governing and independent nation-state.

The Act is a comprehensive piece of legislation and has been modeled after the Scottish Referendum Act, the UK Referendum Act, and previous proposals that the TNM has submitted.

But to make this happen, to make history happen, we need your help. Your support to make Texas a sovereign state will help to get us over the line and into independence.

Make sure to have your voice heard by visiting our website at https://tnm.me/texit/action. Together, we can call Texas our own.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Texas may have had special exit rights when it was accepted originally, not sure if they still exist. I saw a write-up by Alito somewhere that said to legally secede you need to call a conference of states and get a majority (one vote per state) that seceding is ok, then each state may follow and secede. At least that is what the constitutional lawyers were saying.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Legal permission not necessary. What was the legal permission the colonists cited in the Declaration?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

The events of the last few days, viewed from this side of the pond, suggest to me there has never been a time when secession would be more appropriate.
If a state was determined to secede and honour the founding principles of the framers of the constitution, I say go for it.

And we'll form the Republic of Yorkshire and go with them..... so long as they don't let Lancashire in.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Robin Hood wrote: January 8th, 2021, 10:10 am The events of the last few days, viewed from this side of the pond, suggest to me there has never been a time when secession would be more appropriate.
If a state was determined to secede and honour the founding principles of the framers of the constitution, I say go for it.

And we'll form the Republic of Yorkshire and go with them..... so long as they don't let Lancashire in.
I think I would have disagreed with you two days ago for the reasons i stated then. The beat kingdom/Gadianton robbers would never allow it. They simply cannot allow a group of people out there to be free. It goes against their will to dominate all life on the planet. The problem with that line of thinking is that it removes God from the equation. As long as the new republics are populated by righteous and moral people who live by their righteous founding principles God would not allow them to be taken over. Even if it is a nation of only 10 people God would protect them from the armies of the entire earth.

A righteous nation cannot be defeated. They have to be corrupted first.