Utah County LDSFF Lunch Meet-up - Thursday, November 19 @ Noon in American Fork, UT

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
creator
(of the Forum)

Utah County LDSFF Lunch Meet-up - Thursday, November 19 @ Noon in American Fork, UT

Post by creator »

Date: November 19, 2020
Time: 12:00 Noon
Location: Tangie's Cafe, 2 E Main St, American Fork, UT 84003 (map link)

There's no specific agenda other than meeting together with like-minded people in an open forum discussion. You're welcome to consider a thought, scripture, or something you feel inspired to share with the group. We usually have plenty to talk about, ranging from religion to politics and more.

One thing I would like to discuss is committees of safety.

So that we know how big of a table we'll need, please RSVP via this thread or PM/Email me. Thanks.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Utah County LDSFF Lunch Meet-up - Thursday, November 19 @ Noon in American Fork, UT

Post by Cruiserdude »

I should be able to make this. If something changes I will report back here đź‘Ť

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Utah County LDSFF Lunch Meet-up - Thursday, November 19 @ Noon in American Fork, UT

Post by Original_Intent »

Committees of safety is a very timely subject to discuss in my opinion.

I intend to be there, and also will post here if that changes

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

The Creator wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 12:00 pm Date: November 19, 2020
Time: 12:00 Noon
Location: Tangie's Cafe, 2 E Main St, American Fork, UT 84003 (map link)

There's no specific agenda other than meeting together with like-minded people in an open forum discussion. You're welcome to consider a thought, scripture, or something you feel inspired to share with the group. We usually have plenty to talk about, ranging from religion to politics and more.

One thing I would like to discuss is committees of safety.

So that we know how big of a table we'll need, please RSVP via this thread or PM/Email me. Thanks.
Sounds good. Thanks for initiating this.
Hopefully people look here - or maybe I’ll bump the other thread.

What do you mean by “committees of safety”? Businesses that have them or creating your own? Now that I write it out, it sounds funny, but I really am wanting to know so I can come prepared. :ugeek: :P

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Cool, looks like there'll be some good minds there to rub off on me 8-)

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 2:18 pm Cool, looks like there'll be some good minds there to rub off on me 8-)
Not if I go ;)

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

nightlight wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 2:24 pm
Cruiserdude wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 2:18 pm Cool, looks like there'll be some good minds there to rub off on me 8-)
Not if I go ;)
Which reminds me...
Ldsff Memo:
Nightlight is called as self-defense instructor. I sustain by my right & left hands. Any opposed? :lol:

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Thinker wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 2:56 pm
Not if I go ;)
Which reminds me...
Ldsff Memo:
Nightlight is called as self-defense instructor. I sustain by my right & left hands. Any opposed? :lol:

Hahaha, how do we make sure he goes??? I need self-defense training for the zombie apocalypse(or covid1984 apocalypse :lol: ).....
@nightlight I guess you have to come to the lunch.... We are all needed! :D (I'm being funny but there is more truth than humor in that statement :twisted: )

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

nightlight wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 3:03 pm^^^^ ✋
Why do they say that about the self defense deal? What's your background?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 3:06 pm
Lol I don't know, probably because I talk about guns and violence more than a normal person should

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Thinker wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 1:12 pmWhat do you mean by “committees of safety”? Businesses that have them or creating your own? Now that I write it out, it sounds funny, but I really am wanting to know so I can come prepared. :ugeek: :P
Committees of Safety and Committees of Correspondence were much more common in the 1700's and 1800's.
If you dig into Church history, such as in the Joseph Smith Papers, you'll find that the early Saints used committees of safety and committees of correspondence.

There are some local groups forming committees:
https://www.utahcommittee.us/
https://www.peoplesrights.org/

To be clear, I'm not suggesting "revolution" is the answer for our current problems (that's just an example of how the founders used committees). I'm suggesting a discussion of modern applications of committees, nullification, and standing up for our rights.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

nightlight wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 3:10 pm
Lol I don't know, probably because I talk about guns and violence more than a normal person should
Hahahah
I thought you must've been Brazilian jiu-jitsu or navy seal or something :lol:

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 3:03 pm
Not if I go ;)
Which reminds me...
Ldsff Memo:

Hahaha, how do we make sure he goes??? I need self-defense training for the zombie apocalypse(or covid1984 apocalypse :lol: ).....
@nightlight I guess you have to come to the lunch.... We are all needed! :D (I'm being funny but there is more truth than humor in that statement :twisted: )
:lol:
Yeah, I was telling me son, (who was complaining about how none of his friends want to box & none of the places we checked out did), just practice at home - learn together.

Me whenever I walk by him: :shock: (black eye) :twisted:

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

nightlight wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 3:10 pm
...And your verbal Jujutsu is not bad either. I’m glad you accepted the call, Brother. Of course what choice did you have, really?

I’m just serious.
:)

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Thinker wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 3:35 pm

Not if I go ;)
Which reminds me...
Ldsff Memo:

Yeah, I was telling me son, (who was complaining about how none of his friends want to box & none of the places we checked out did), just practice at home - learn together.

Hahahah that sounds fun :lol:
boy we got plenty of (pro)wrestling practice (think hulk hogan :lol: ) and boxing practice (think huge oversized gloves kids box for 'fun' with) growing up in the 80s 90s :geek: lolol

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

The Creator wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 3:15 pm Committees of Safety and Committees of Correspondence were much more common in the 1700's and 1800's.
If you dig into Church history, such as in the Joseph Smith Papers, you'll find that the early Saints used committees of safety and committees of correspondence.

There are some local groups forming committees:
https://www.utahcommittee.us/
https://www.peoplesrights.org/

To be clear, I'm not suggesting "revolution" is the answer for our current problems (that's just an example of how the founders used committees). I'm suggesting a discussion of modern applications of committees, nullification, and standing up for our rights.
Thanks, that helps me understand. I definitely see a need for it, as OI mentioned. It seems that such a group could involve education of rights & what to do when they are denied (mental preparation) as well as physical and emergency preparation. But especially it would be great to find others like-minded to mutually support one another through whatever storms lie ahead.

Looking forward to discussing this & to meeting everyone.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 3:40 pm Hahahah that sounds fun :lol:
boy we got plenty of (pro)wrestling practice (think hulk hogan :lol: ) and boxing practice (think huge oversized gloves kids box for 'fun' with) growing up in the 80s 90s :geek: lolol
Yeah, I used to “dance” (wrestle to music) with my little brother. I’d twirl & toss him. Then years later, he became much bigger than me & is all into CrossFit & gave me a little dance. :shock: :twisted: :lol:

At times, I’m a bit too protective of my kids & got these...

Then I tried them & got knocked to Timbuktu. They look so “safe”!

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Thinker wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 4:39 pm
Cruiserdude wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 3:40 pm Hahahah that sounds fun :lol:
Yeah, I used to “dance” (wrestle to music) with my little brother. I’d twirl & toss him. Then years later, he became much bigger than me & is all into CrossFit & gave me a little dance. :shock: :twisted: :lol:

At times, I’m a bit too protective of my kids & got these...

Then I tried them & got knocked to Timbuktu. They look so “safe”!
Ahhhh you were a good big sister then 8-)
Those do look fuuuuuun, I bet those giant bubble ball things are a riot. Never have tried them. And they do look super safe, but we've all seen a those videos of someone getting rocked like you did hahah
Also these things look like a blast too 🤣🤣
Attachments
ImpishBelovedFrilledlizard-small.gif
ImpishBelovedFrilledlizard-small.gif (1.07 MiB) Viewed 1195 times

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 3:40 pm
Thinker wrote: ↑November 17th, 2020, 3:35 pm
Which reminds me...
Ldsff Memo:

Hahahah that sounds fun :lol:
WWF...Rowdy Roddy Piper...The Hulkster...Andre The Giant...Ahhh, back in the days. I grew up w a houseful of brothers. We used to drag our mattresses onto the floor and drive my mom into complete insanity. I don't think she minded the rough housing, she just probably didn't appreciate all the bloody noses. (It just never worked out the same as it did on the tv...go figure.)

petertaylorpedro
captain of 10

Post by petertaylorpedro »

I'm relatively new here, and would love to not only meet up for chat, but try Tangie's. If you haven't already sent in table size, count me in. Thanks!

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

petertaylorpedro wrote: ↑November 18th, 2020, 3:29 pm I'm relatively new here, and would love to not only meet up for chat, but try Tangie's. If you haven't already sent in table size, count me in. Thanks!
Welcome aboard!
Your username brought a great funny flick back to my memory :lol: :lol:
Attachments
WireAP_b9a718a1e39e41dca16c20323e969c7e_4x3_992.jpg
WireAP_b9a718a1e39e41dca16c20323e969c7e_4x3_992.jpg (84.91 KiB) Viewed 1069 times

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

CruiserDude,
:lol: You’re cracking me up!

The Creator, & everyone,
Anybody see this movie? “Sons of Liberty...” Looks inspiring.
https://youtu.be/OFGVYROEfsQ

Egoof
captain of 100

Post by Egoof »

I plan on being there. I look forward to putting faces to the usernames.

ShockHouse
captain of 100

Post by ShockHouse »

I wish I could come since its been awhile, but it's my anniversary today. Luckily this does give me a perfect "excuse" for why I'm leaving for lunch to go get some flowers so my wife doesn't suspect anything.