Utah County LDSFF Lunch Meet-up - Thursday, November 19 @ Noon in American Fork, UT

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Utah County LDSFF Lunch Meet-up - Thursday, November 19 @ Noon in American Fork, UT

Post by creator »

Egoof wrote: ↑November 19th, 2020, 10:50 am I plan on being there. I look forward to putting faces to the usernames.
See you there.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Utah County LDSFF Lunch Meet-up - Thursday, November 19 @ Noon in American Fork, UT

Post by Cruiserdude »

I'll be just a little late, see you all there around 12:30ish πŸ‘

petertaylorpedro
captain of 10

Post by petertaylorpedro »

It sure was great to meet y'all. Thanks Mr. Creator for invite.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Yeah it was great meeting all of you there at lunch! I had a good time and enjoy discussion with like minded folks.
You guys are awesome and a great bunch, I'm glad you all are open to new people and. I'm proud to be part of LDSFF 8-) :D

NewEliza
captain of 1,000

Post by NewEliza »

So did Tangies make you wear masks?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

It was fun and good to meet some old and new people.

No, we didn't wear masks.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

NewEliza wrote: ↑November 19th, 2020, 4:43 pm So did Tangies make you wear masks?
Yeah you should've seen it, a freedom/liberty group being led by their flaxen cord :lol:

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

The Creator wrote: ↑November 19th, 2020, 4:58 pm No, we didn't wear masks.
Murderers

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

ajax wrote: ↑November 19th, 2020, 5:06 pm
The Creator wrote: ↑November 19th, 2020, 4:58 pm No, we didn't wear masks.
Murderers
The worst kind.

bjornagain
captain of 100

Post by bjornagain »

Really sorry I missed this guys. I'm definitely interested in Committees of Safety.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

bjornagain wrote: ↑November 20th, 2020, 12:41 pm Really sorry I missed this guys. I'm definitely interested in Committees of Safety.
Re: Committees of Safety from a previous post:

Committees of Safety and Committees of Correspondence were much more common in the 1700's and 1800's.
If you dig into Church history, such as in the Joseph Smith Papers, you'll find that the early Saints used committees of safety and committees of correspondence.

There are some local groups forming committees:
https://www.utahcommittee.us/
https://www.peoplesrights.org/

Both of these groups have email and text notification lists you can join ^^

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

NewEliza wrote: ↑November 19th, 2020, 4:43 pm So did Tangies make you wear masks?
They had a sign about masks but they didn’t push it.
They were great.
Last edited by Thinker on November 20th, 2020, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Dang I missed it.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

XEmilyX wrote: ↑November 20th, 2020, 6:16 pm Dang I missed it.
Hopefully next time!

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Thinker wrote: ↑November 20th, 2020, 6:16 pm
Hopefully next time!
Who was there?

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

XEmilyX wrote: ↑November 20th, 2020, 6:26 pm
Hopefully next time!
Who was there?
All of us :)

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑November 20th, 2020, 6:31 pm
Hopefully next time!
Who was there?
Aww dang I'm sad now that I didnt come!!!

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

XEmilyX wrote: ↑November 20th, 2020, 6:40 pm
Cruiserdude wrote: ↑November 20th, 2020, 6:31 pm
Hopefully next time!
Who was there?
Aww dang I'm sad now that I didnt come!!!
You know it! You gotta make the next one.... Really it's cool just to sit and discuss things you couldn't normally discuss, and with people that are fairly similar minded as us weirdos?! That's priceless :lol: :D

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Thinker wrote: ↑November 20th, 2020, 6:15 pm
They were great.
I talked to them about the sign. They reluctantly put it up to be "compliant" but they know it's all bunk.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

The Creator wrote: ↑November 20th, 2020, 9:10 pm
They were great.
I talked to them about the sign. They reluctantly put it up to be "compliant" but they know it's all bunk.
Getting to know a bit more about that cafe, I have more respect for them.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

The Creator wrote: ↑November 20th, 2020, 9:10 pm
They were great.
When you were telling us that businesses and small business owners are folks just like you and me and know its a sham but they don't want heavy hand of dumb cancel culture or local authority messing with the business, so they put sign up and never say anything about enforcing it 8-) Makes much more sense to why I haven't been messed with anytime I went in or go in places of business maskless. But since that one good looking woman put me in my place at that Smith's.... Mask hasn't been back on my face :D I get some looks but I don't acknowledge them :lol:

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Here is the info about the classes I mentioned. It's an excellent series, especially #5-7 on the worldwide conspiracy, the Utah conspiracy, and Solutions. #1-4 cover an excellent foundation on the principles of Liberty and the Constitution.

https://www.defendingutah.org/events/