Machine SETTINGS, rather than algorithms/code might be responsible for fraud (Might be the answer to AZ sharpie ballots)

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Machine SETTINGS, rather than algorithms/code might be responsible for fraud (Might be the answer to AZ sharpie ballots)

Post by Zathura »

Taking a different approach than is at the forefront of fraud claims, this person has spent time looking at the manual for the machines used. I'll list some of the points he made. These are settings that could have been relatively easy to change that may have had little oversight. Everything that he discusses is found directly in the manual OR in official government websites where the states list any changes made regarding election procedures.

To keep the post clean I'm not going to link everything, it can be found if you go through his posts.

https://twitter.com/CodeMonkeyZ
  • He notes that there is an absolutely RIDICULOUS amount of settings that can be adjusted.
  • He noted that PA allows for the BLANK ballots to be entered. The machine has specific settings that allow you to adjust the ballot (as in, vote for someone) if it detects that its a blank ballot.
  • He posted that there is evidence of blank ballots being sent out to people in PA, no idea how widespread it is.
  • If a batch is paused mid batch, apparently a pop up option allows you to "overrun" the batch. He noted that its not clear what that means, but I'm sure you can imagine what it MIGHT mean
  • There doesn't seem to be too much oversight into the individual who sets up the debugging and logging of the machines
  • Votes are ultimately tabulated elswhere, in a central server system. Others have speculated about this. I've heard claims about servers in other countries but didn't go deep enough to see if that's got anything to do with this
  • All "participants"(local machines?) use the exact same encryption key that is used to log in and make changes to the settings in this machines. When security is a concern, you'll often use some type of device like a USB drive that can serve as a key. Without it you cannot possibly login to whatever you need access to. In this case, these machines require an "iButton security key" Do you remember when laptops and encrypted usb flash drives were stolen.. IN PENNSYLVANIA? https://www.cbsnews.com/news/laptop-usb ... warehouse/.
  • Typically when you use these, they give a "Digital certificate", after which you still provide your own password which is typically a strong password. The instruction manual for these machines recommends you DO NOT SET A PASSWORD,meaning if you have the USB key, you don't need to have the password to get in. This means that theoritically, stealing that USB drive could have given access to many more machines than just ONE.

From their research, there are 2 items they've identified that could be looked at.
  • these scanned ballots that had issues are supposed to have a scanned image that's sent to a directory:
    C:\path\to\project\NotCastImages
    This means that if there are Arizona ballots that were not properly counted because of a sharpie, the copies would be in this directory
  • They determined through other settings that if something on the ballot is misspelled, it could be directed to the "correct" vote.
    One example in particular would be them spelling "REPUBLICAN" wrong.
Do you see the difference between
RepubIican and Republican? the L is a capital i versus a lower case L.

Guess what? They found a sample ballot example that does this. It literally changed the spelling of Republican. You can't tell, but the software will tell.

http://ci.fitchburg.ma.us/DocumentCente ... PLE-BALLOT

do ctrl-f for "repubiican" and youll see it.

Theoretically, they could have set the system to send votes of "repubiican" and automatically assign them to someone else.

So yeah, so far I think there are only 3 ways for the election to have truly been rigged to the extent of hundreds of thousands of votes.
  • The software itself, which is most definitely going to be clean, imo
  • Adjust obscure settings that would likely never be detected
  • Foreign interferance via cyberattacks (I don't know how viable this is because I don't fully understand the full process, but this is something that is attempted in elections all over the world every single year)

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Machine SETTINGS, rather than algorithms/code might be responsible for fraud (Might be the answer to AZ sharpie ball

Post by Cruiserdude »

I appreciate your rational and non-emotional approach to this. It's the only way they MIGHT be able to get to the bottom of this

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Machine SETTINGS, rather than algorithms/code might be responsible for fraud (Might be the answer to AZ sharpie ball

Post by Chip »

I think they did a lot of pre-cheating, some algorithmic during-count cheating, but had to pull out all the stops and do some obvious post-election cheating, as well, since all their initial efforts were insufficient.