Utah County Lunch Meet-up Wednesday, September 23 @ Noon

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
True
captain of 100

Re: Utah County Lunch Meet-up Wednesday, September 23 @ Noon

Post by True »

The Creator wrote: November 16th, 2020, 10:12 pm You're not alone in Utah County. There are a bunch of us that never wear masks, anywhere. So far, every store/business/restaurant I have gone to has allowed me in without a mask. Most don't say anything. If they ask me to wear a mask, I tell them I'm exempt. If it helps you be brave, print out the governor's order and just reference the "Face Mask Exceptions" section, if they say anything to you. Also you don't have to tell them specifically why you are exempt (but you are, if you choose to live free).

https://coronavirus-download.utah.gov/G ... 020-75.pdf
https://coronavirus.utah.gov/special-orders
It’s not really living free when you have to lie about your exemption. You know exactly what they mean by exemption and by playing within their framework you’re validating the whole thing. If you really feel the way you do about the corona virus and masks then be brave about why you’re not wearing it and let the consequences follow.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

True wrote: November 17th, 2020, 6:48 am
The Creator wrote: November 16th, 2020, 10:12 pm You're not alone in Utah County. There are a bunch of us that never wear masks, anywhere. So far, every store/business/restaurant I have gone to has allowed me in without a mask. Most don't say anything. If they ask me to wear a mask, I tell them I'm exempt. If it helps you be brave, print out the governor's order and just reference the "Face Mask Exceptions" section, if they say anything to you. Also you don't have to tell them specifically why you are exempt (but you are, if you choose to live free).

It’s not really living free when you have to lie about your exemption. You know exactly what they mean by exemption and by playing within their framework you’re validating the whole thing. If you really feel the way you do about the corona virus and masks then be brave about why you’re not wearing it and let the consequences follow.
Yeah, that's how I'm kinda viewing this and going about it.
Really, it's about remaining true to one's own beliefs and living them.
Thanks for your post 8-)
You guys have given good reminders and food for thought

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

I'm glad to hear you guys are going mask-free - keep it up! But I'm curious if any of you have tried to go into any type of doctor's office, dentist office, hospital, really any type of medical place, without a mask on, and if so, what response did you get? Around here, in the semi-free state I live in (which is considerably more free than Utah, by everything I'm hearing), people can get away with going into stores, restaurants, etc. without a mask on, and very few people will notice, let alone say anything. However, try to walk in the door of ANY type of medical establishment, and you will be physically stopped entry - no mask, no entry, no exemptions or exceptions. Wonder if it's the same there in Utah.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

First, saying I'm exempt is not a lie. And most places don't say anything anyways. Second, even if it was a lie, most of these people are just doing their job - doing what they are told to do. I am not looking to cause trouble with some random grocery store greeter. If I'm interacting with an actual business owner, or someone who has control over the policies, then I'll have a deeper conversation with them. Also, you worry about when you are living free or not, and I'll worry about what counts for me living free or not. :)

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

The Creator wrote: November 17th, 2020, 10:56 am

Also, you worry about when you are living free or not, and I'll worry about what counts for me living free or not. :)
Don't worry boss, I knew what you were saying or getting at. 8-)

And the line of your post I left in the quote I believe to be a big key to happiness.

So, some are confused (or deceived) at the current time and are having a difficult time seeing that they're being led by the flaxen cord and chained down by the arm of flesh. I pray I (we) will be patient and tolerant and long suffering of them while they're blinded by their bondage. Only truth, light, and Christ can help those chained down by the deceit to break free.
And this is not a dig at those deceived.
I can be a naive(I prefer the term 'trusting' 😁) kinda guy and have had the wool pulled over my eyes more than I'll admit(usually burned by trusting in individuals honesty and integrity, I've already learned not to trust institutions). I used to be embarrassed about being burnt too, until I learned the following:
Being deceived does not always reflect poorly on the individual deceived, rather reflects on and shows the true colors of who, what, where, that individual received their information that deceived them. (I mean unless of course there is a repeated pattern of falling for the lies and stuff obviously)

And, if I'm the deceived one in this covida loca stuff, then I hope others will be patient and long suffering with me and help me to see that the masks and lockdowns and vaccines are the answer..... Arms of flesh have left me disappointed plenty of times in the past. Forgive me for being apprehensive...

Clear as mud? :lol:
Stuff makes sense in my head but I always wonder if I'm able to communicate it in a way another can see or make sense of it :D

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

The Creator wrote: November 17th, 2020, 10:56 am

First, saying I'm exempt is not a lie. And most places don't say anything anyways. Second, even if it was a lie, most of these people are just doing their job - doing what they are told to do. I am not looking to cause trouble with some random grocery store greeter. If I'm interacting with an actual business owner, or someone who has control over the policies, then I'll have a deeper conversation with them. Also, you worry about when you are living free or not, and I'll worry about what counts for me living free or not. :)
You were one of the ones that convinced me not to wear a mask. A lot of people talk big on here but then you find out they have had to make no sacrifices to do what is right. All the while encouraging others to stick there neck out there. If my conscience could allow me to say that that I had an exemption then maybe I would do that and would not get kicked out of places.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

And I wouldn't say you are wrong to follow your conscience.

The way I see it, for me, is I want to choose to live free in the ways I can. And I realize to "live free" can mean so many different things to different people. I realize that in many ways we are slaves to the system we live under. We have to consider the consequences of our actions and make decisions that could affect our ability to support and feed our families. That's why I would never impose my specific way of living to someone else. And there are plenty of others who take much greater risks than I do in how they "live free".

So, in this situation we have unlawful government orders/mandates, which are full of exceptions. So many of the laws/statutes/mandates we are burdened with are not valid laws anyways - and without going deep into the principles behind that, here are a few resources that touch upon it: one | two | three | four.

So, yes, in order to avoid unnecessary conflict with the average joe who is just doing their job, I am going to fully take advantage of any exceptions or loopholes in the law, so that I can live more free and avoid adherence to unconstitutional illegal laws. At the same time I will make it known to those who enforce or make the "laws" that I object. Also, we need more people to understand and practice the concept of nullification.