Some LDS Bishops Now Requiring Masks

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
creator
(of the Forum)

Some LDS Bishops Now Requiring Masks

Post by creator »

#TooFar
#FalsePropaganda
#FakePandemic
bishop-requiring-masks.jpg
bishop-requiring-masks.jpg (101.93 KiB) Viewed 1429 times

harakim
captain of 1,000

Re: Some LDS Bishops Now Requiring Masks

Post by harakim »

It makes you wonder if something bigger is coming.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

The Creator wrote: July 30th, 2020, 10:54 am #TooFar
#FalsePropaganda
#FakePandemic

Absolute disgrace.
What would they do if the individuals not wearing a mask refused to leave.
Would they actually physically throw them out?
Someone should test it.
Last edited by Robin Hood on July 30th, 2020, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Oh my gosh, that is so very sad. It would make some choices very simple though. He sure likes the word "sustain".

I take it this is in Utah?

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Corporate shill nonsense verbiage.

NewEliza
captain of 1,000

Post by NewEliza »

“Inspired” bull doodies

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

This is getting pathetic

"We should waste and wear our lives in bringing out the hidden things of darkness into the light" -- except when it isn't convenient or expedient to do so apparently... or if you are wilfully blind...

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

#FalsePropaganda
#FakePandemic

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Just think of this, 2020 Christians turning away the POTENTIAL sick, not even the real sick. So turning away the healthy. And here I thought Christians WENT TO the sick, to minister to and heal them.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

Alma 32
1 And it came to pass that they did go forth, and began to preach the word of God unto the people, entering into their synagogues, and into their houses; yea, and even they did preach the word in their streets.
2 And it came to pass that after much labor among them, they began to have success among the poor class of people; for behold, they were cast out of the synagogues because of the coarseness of their apparel—
3 Therefore they were not permitted to enter into their synagogues to worship God, being esteemed as filthiness; therefore they were poor; yea, they were esteemed by their brethren as dross; therefore they were poor as to things of the world; and also they were poor in heart.
4 Now, as Alma was teaching and speaking unto the people upon the hill Onidah, there came a great multitude unto him, who were those of whom we have been speaking, of whom were poor in heart, because of their poverty as to the things of the world.
5 And they came unto Alma; and the one who was the foremost among them said unto him: Behold, what shall these my brethren do, for they are despised of all men because of their poverty, yea, and more especially by our priests; for they have cast us out of our synagogues which we have labored abundantly to build with our own hands; and they have cast us out because of our exceeding poverty; and we have no place to worship our God; and behold, what shall we do?
6 And now when Alma heard this, he turned him about, his face immediately towards him, and he beheld with great joy; for he beheld that their afflictions had truly humbled them, and that they were in a preparation to hear the word.
7 Therefore he did say no more to the other multitude; but he stretched forth his hand, and cried unto those whom he beheld, who were truly penitent, and said unto them:
8 I behold that ye are lowly in heart; and if so, blessed are ye.
9 Behold thy brother hath said, What shall we do?—for we are cast out of our synagogues, that we cannot worship our God.
10 Behold I say unto you, do ye suppose that ye cannot worship God save it be in your synagogues only?
11 And moreover, I would ask, do ye suppose that ye must not worship God only once in a week?
12 I say unto you, it is well that ye are cast out of your synagogues, that ye may be humble, and that ye may learn wisdom; for it is necessary that ye should learn wisdom; for it is because that ye are cast out, that ye are despised of your brethren because of your exceeding poverty, that ye are brought to a lowliness of heart; for ye are necessarily brought to be humble.
13 And now, because ye are compelled to be humble blessed are ye; for a man sometimes, if he is compelled to be humble, seeketh repentance; and now surely, whosoever repenteth shall find mercy; and he that findeth mercy and endureth to the end the same shall be saved.
14 And now, as I said unto you, that because ye were compelled to be humble ye were blessed, do ye not suppose that they are more blessed who truly humble themselves because of the word?
15 Yea, he that truly humbleth himself, and repenteth of his sins, and endureth to the end, the same shall be blessed—yea, much more blessed than they who are compelled to be humble because of their exceeding poverty.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

ajax wrote: July 30th, 2020, 11:10 am Just think of this, 2020 Christians turning away the POTENTIAL sick, not even the real sick. So turning away the healthy. And here I thought Christians WENT TO the sick, to minister to and heal them.
Even if this were an unprecedented pandemic, which it is CLEARLY not....they'd be saying this at the very least:

Dear Asthmatic members and anyone with any sort of medical condition preventing you from wearing a mask,

Stay home

Sincerely, the First Presidency

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

This is just too much - I mean, laugh or cry??

In the Church's handbook, it states that Church units may not sponsor "activities that involve wearing masks, except in dramatic productions" [and fake pandemics].

On the topic of avoiding wearing masks, Elder Quentin L. Cook explains that "this principle reaches far beyond Halloween or safety hazards" -

"I do believe, in our day, when being anonymous is easier than ever, that there are important principles involved in not wearing a mask and being 'true to the faith … for which martyrs have perished.' One of your greatest protections against making bad choices is to not put on any mask of anonymity. If you ever find yourself wanting to do so, please know it is a serious sign of danger and one of the adversary’s tools to get you to do something you should not do."

I guess "this principle" and all other common sense, logic, rational thinking, faith in God, etc. etc. etc. goes bye-bye when the true prophets and saviors Fauci and Gates have spoken.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

The worst thing is, when you say that this whole thing is, in reality, just another strain of the flu and that the mask nonsense has gone too far, LDS people will say "but what about the official position of the Church"

Sometimes I just don't have the heart or energy to tell them why

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Luke wrote: July 30th, 2020, 11:19 am The worst thing is, when you say that this whole thing is, in reality, just another strain of the flu and that the mask nonsense has gone too far, LDS people will say "but what about the official position of the Church"

The official position of the Church is to appease the government and avoid litigation. Protect the assets (and that ain’t you, dear members).

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Lizzy60 wrote: July 30th, 2020, 11:22 am
Luke wrote: July 30th, 2020, 11:19 am The worst thing is, when you say that this whole thing is, in reality, just another strain of the flu and that the mask nonsense has gone too far, LDS people will say "but what about the official position of the Church"

The official position of the Church is to appease the government and avoid litigation. Protect the assets (and that ain’t you, dear members).
The love of money is the root of all evil

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I'm so glad I'm no longer the bishop in my ward. I think the stake/church leadership and I would have come to blows.
Our current bishop thinks this is all nonsense but is having to tow the line. I feel sorry for him.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

Nope, nope, nope. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Anyone still hanging on to the lifeboat that’s sinking?

No peep from our bishop or stake president. They just shut er down...I’m thinking that was wise at this point if those are the kind of letters being sent out now.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

EmmaLee wrote: July 30th, 2020, 11:15 am This is just too much - I mean, laugh or cry??

In the Church's handbook, it states that Church units may not sponsor "activities that involve wearing masks, except in dramatic productions" [and fake pandemics].

On the topic of avoiding wearing masks, Elder Quentin L. Cook explains that "this principle reaches far beyond Halloween or safety hazards" -

"I do believe, in our day, when being anonymous is easier than ever, that there are important principles involved in not wearing a mask and being 'true to the faith … for which martyrs have perished.' One of your greatest protections against making bad choices is to not put on any mask of anonymity. If you ever find yourself wanting to do so, please know it is a serious sign of danger and one of the adversary’s tools to get you to do something you should not do."

I guess "this principle" and all other common sense, logic, rational thinking, faith in God, etc. etc. etc. goes bye-bye when the true prophets and saviors Fauci and Gates have spoken.
LOL

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

EmmaLee wrote: July 30th, 2020, 10:59 am Oh my gosh, that is so very sad. It would make some choices very simple though. He sure likes the word "sustain".

This is probably everywhere. Here is my email:
Bishop XYZ is Requiring Everyone to Wear a Mask Tomorrow July 26th. 10:00 am at the Church Building.

Short and to the point

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

harakim wrote: July 30th, 2020, 11:48 am
EmmaLee wrote: July 30th, 2020, 10:59 am Oh my gosh, that is so very sad. It would make some choices very simple though. He sure likes the word "sustain".

This is probably everywhere. Here is my email:
Bishop XYZ is Requiring Everyone to Wear a Mask Tomorrow July 26th. 10:00 am at the Church Building.

Short and to the point
So far, our bishop here in Iowa hasn't "mandated" anything. He, himself, wears a mask during sacrament meeting, but the minute the closing prayer is over, he takes it off. Hilarious! Neither of his counselors wear masks at all at church, so maybe there is a little sanity here yet (for now). Our bishop is a good guy - we genuinely like him - but he's also very mild-mannered and, well, timid - so when the loud and fierce mask militants in the ward (and we have quite a few, sadly) finally break through his defenses, I have no doubt we'll get a mask "requirement", too. Holding out hope for now though.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

The irony!

"Next conference will be unforgettable."

The irony!

"The Lord will perform his greatest miracles for his church between now and Christ's return."

The coming irony of this applying to believers and not institutions!

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

#FalsePropaganda
#FakePandemic

That letter says that church members should wear masks whenever out in public, not just at church. Gotta be good citizens by going along with it all.

Art Vandelay
Leader of the Outcasts

Post by Art Vandelay »

Chip wrote: July 30th, 2020, 2:04 pm "I do believe, in our day, when being anonymous is easier than ever, that there are important principles involved in not wearing a mask and being 'true to the faith … for which martyrs have perished.' One of your greatest protections against making bad choices is to not put on any mask of anonymity. If you ever find yourself wanting to do so, please know it is a serious sign of danger and one of the adversary’s tools to get you to do something you should not do."

The irony!

"Next conference will be unforgettable."

The irony!

"The Lord will perform his greatest miracles for his church between now and Christ's return."

The coming irony of this applying to believers and not institutions!
Taking his quote out of context is dishonest.
Clearly he wasn't referring to a medical mask that covers a mouth and nose. These masks don't make someone anonymous. People aren't wearing them to hide themselves. People honestly believe that wearing a mask will curtail the spread of the non-serious Chinese virus. That doesn't make them bad or evil, just ignorant. The atonement covers ignorance. A cloak of charity lessens the anger of being told to wear one. The Word of Wisdom was given by the Lord for the least of us, meaning that most don't need it but some do so we all get it. We could argue that since some are negatively effected by occasionally wearing a mask then nobody should wear a mask but that isn't how it's being played out.

And yes, I think wearing masks is lame.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

“It is impossible for a man to be saved in ignorance.” (D&C 131:6)

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I don't like the fact that face masks are being pushed on the public. I'm going to play a little devil's advocate here for a sec. We know what covering your mouth when you cough or doing a "vampire cough" is better than simply coughing into the air. It cuts down on the distance particles can travel. The effectiveness of masks for this virus is questionable, but I think the desire to do something, anything, is what is driving these things. There are a lot of old or compromised people among us that catching the virus could potentially kill. Now, ultimately, these people should probably not be at church in the first place; it's a risk for them to be there. Where we don't know 100% about everything related to this virus, and leaders are afraid to make the wrong call and put people's lives in danger. Asking for people to wear a mask is a small step if we can get people back to church. I think that's where they are at.

Now a lot of us believe the literature that says that masks are ineffective for this virus, but would I bet older people's lives on it? I dunno. Personally, I'd hate to have that on my conscience. We also run the risk of ONE person getting it at church if we aren't wearing masks and getting shut down for good for not following the current guidelines. We have to tread carefully I think for the time being as we learn more about what's going on and how to manage it.